Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,021 - 175,040 of 224,087 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[4] Once the salt water receded, where was the vegetation necessary for life? What did the carnivores eat until the planet was repopulated? How did the animals get back to their habitats without food or fresh water?
Answer:
Same thing farmers and ranchers do in the winter time. They store hay and food stock.
Carnivores would require **fresh** meat-- there were no freezers back then. Most obligate carnivores won't touch meat that is too old-- and that ark was in the water for 180 days or more -- anything stored that long, at those temperatures (liquid water) would have spoiled.

Your answer is not correct.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[9] If the human race descended from Noah and his sons, we would see a genetic bottleneck in the human genome roughly 4,000 years back. Do we see this? No.
10] The population of the world is too high if all humanity came from only four breeding pairs a few thousand years ago.
Answer: Speculation and unproven.
Nope. This is sound observational science from population studies.

And DNA studies too-- there is no DNA bottleneck 4000 years back-- there just isn't... there are far more than just 8 DNA chains going back that far.

Very sound science.

And the population of the human race? That is even easier-- there is simply too many people 2000 years back to have descended from 8 people a mere 4000 years back.

Your statements are false.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[11] A 450ft boat could not hold two or seven or whatever of every species. The number and variation of species of insects alone-- would have filled up the ark, hundreds of times over.
Answer: Speculation and assumptions. A massive regional flood is not only possible but probable. And the Ark could have held regional animals.
You lie: your bible specifies the **whole** world, not a regional one.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
12] Why are there ancient civilizations with continuous histories dating back to long before the generation of Noah? China and the Egyptians have such continuous histories, with no world sterilizing flood in them.
Answer: Nearly every culture in the world has a story of a massive flood in their history including China and Egypt.
Lie: Egypt has no such story. Neither do the Chinese.

In fact? Any civilization that is not next to large, flood-prone bodies of water? Does not have a flood survival story.

How about that?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[13] Cave paintings in Europe are drawn in Charcoal. Immersion in water would have erased them. These are 15,000 years and older.
Answer: I guess these cave paintings were signed, numbered and dated by the artist??? The charcoal itself may be 15,000 years old but that doesnít mean the paintings are that old.
Nope.. the dated the charcoal used to make them-- so they were **at**least** that old-- or older.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

havent forgotten wrote:
this is off topic, but you and the other free thinking folks on here should look up info on the dominionism trend in rightwing Christianity, and also the speeches and beliefs of Rafael cruz, the father of Ted Cruz. here comes the antiChrist!
Thanks. I am aware. They want are looking to install the biblical model of government in America including an inquisition with stoning.

Nice to see you again.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Hello everyone!!!:D

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Again you are going to have to let go of this pre-1940's interpretation. You're stuck in the past. This is 2013.
When was the bible written?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[14] If there were a global flood, you would see a universal, world-wide layer of compressed mud dating the that time. This is not the case.

Answer: The earth was indeed covered mostly by water as evidence of marine animals at the top of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. And much geological evidence points that most mountains were at one time underwater. However I do not attribute all that as being flood related. Itís just a geological fact the earth was covered by water.
Your answer is a lie. The "evidence" you cite? Is millions and multiple millions of years **separated** in time.

Meaning? That these underwater events were not the same flood.

Even more telling? ALL the events you mention? WERE NOT EVEN FLOODS AT ALL! But were seas-- when the sites in question were much-much lower, and actually under water for **millions** of years.

That's not a flood. That's an ocean or lake...

So. You lied **again**...

... WHY DO YOU THINK IT HELPS YOU, TO LIE?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that you are a man, or at least a human. Does that mean, then, that you have an understanding outside man's ability to understand? If a god exists, then you must be God. Is that true?
Just a small part of him, boooots. Nothing spectacular.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
15] Putting enough fresh [rain] water into the salt oceans to cover the mountains, would dilute it to dangerous levels killing all marine life
Answer: The mountains were covered in precipitation,(snow).
Your answer ignores the dilution effect on the ocean.

Even as little as 6 inches of freshwater suddenly appearing over the entire globe would ruin most marine life.

This is because most marine life lives at the very top layers in the ocean-- and are quite sensitive to differences in salinity.

But to make your story match the actual BuyBull(bible)? You'd need... more than a **mile** of freshwater dropping into the ocean...

...*poof** nearly all life in the oceans is suddenly and irrevocably dead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[17] How did animals get from Australia to the ark, or from the ark back to Australia? The animals living there now go back to pre-historic times, and most are unique to that continent. Koalas require special diets. How did Mr and Mrs Koala carry their food with them all the way from Australia?
Answer: A pre 1940ís childrenís interpretation that Atheist like to strictly adhere too.
Your answer is a lie-- the bible clearly states the whole world was flooded.

Or else your **bible** is lying?

WHICH IS IT?

Either your bible is LYING or it isn't....!

There is no "interpretation" here-- it's true, or it is a LIE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[1]
[3]
[4]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[17]
You ignored [2],[5],[6],[7],[8],[16].

Too much for you to refute?

Obviously.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
So you do consider yourself elite?
Thank you for the honesty, although it took some doing to get it out of you.
You stink.
Top of the pile, elite, those are your words, not mine.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
[1] A wooden boat made to bible specifications would have broken in half with the first three foot wave.
Answer:
Pure speculation
Why would that a deal killer for a faith based thinker? What aspect of your belief system isn't a speculation? Do you have separate standards for your claims and for their rebuttals?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing about the story is impossible other than everything about the story is impossible. What was described in the Bible about the Flood did not occur, ever. That is a known fact accepted by many prominent religious denominations of the Christian beliefs in the world. Man has not disproved God, nor will man, because if God does not exist, it is impossible to prove an non-existent thing. Man has proved that the Flood never occurred, could never occur, and will never occur on this planet.
Well... dammit... you mean that lovely post-apocalyptic movie, Water World will never come to be?

You remember the movie-- it had what's is name... Kevin Costco--Cosmo--Cosplay--someth ing. You remember-- the actor with a giant ego?... yes--that guy.

You mean to say his movie could never happen for reals?

I am **so** disappointed right now....

... <snerk>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I am watching that now. Well done.
Lewis Black is a comedic genius.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the bible written?
Which one?

There have been thousands after all.

:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read as many books as you have brain cells. The difference is I understood what they were and how to put them in perspective.
If that is the case, Dave, why is it that you don't show any evidence here of your having done that? Since I am not on Topix much lately, perhaps you showed that when I didn't see it.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason to resent it.
You seem to think reaction to your hypocrisy is envy. It isn't.

Dave. You're too well known for that answer. Your resentment of educated professionals was a frequent topic of discussion when I was posting with you last year. Has that changed since then?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,079,564
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Fight On 26,651
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The_Box 305,083
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 6 hr Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 12 hr RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••