Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182331 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cultures have been building boats ever since man has been on the Earth.
The population of the Earth numerically was significantly lower than today. It’s not known how far mankind had traversed on land from their original beginnings.
The Earth as they knew it may have been regionally. Meaning it was possible to have the regions animals captured and put on the Ark.
The problem Atheist have with the story of the Noah’s flood. Is their very narrow perception. They refuse to look at the possibilities because they want to exaggerate the story beyond reason.
There’s absolutely nothing about this story that was impossible. We have seen catastrophic natural disasters on the Earth in our lifetime. We know that humans can build massive and impressive structures. Even in ancient times.
We know that precipitation can cover mountain tops.
Atheist are the ones who try to make the story far fetched and it’s anything but that. It’s just reality. The Earth floods today and it did in their time.
Yeah every living thing gets killed about every 5-6 years. Except for the chosen ones....You knucklehead.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182332 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah every living thing gets killed about every 5-6 years. Except for the chosen ones....You knucklehead.
[laughing][tipping hat]

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182333 Nov 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever ridden a dinosaur?
Now that's a real experience, I tell you.
I won't be doing that again.
I rode the Intimidator, it was pretty close... but what a ride!:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182334 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are praying for you Bob. I'm going to specifically pray for you tonight my friend.
You do that--

... hint: have a towel handy for the ... "effluvia"...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182335 Nov 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
The Christians are free to help however they can, but the government is not free to use public funds to help them promote their religion, which is an unproven method of crime control anyway. Christianity doesn't reduce crime to lower levels among Christians than non-Christians.
<quoted text>
Nope.
We want to stop efforts to use public resources to promote a religion that we think does more harm to the culture than good.
Actually?

It's the opposite-- it appears that the "Jesus-forgive me" theology actually ***encourages** crime to happen!

And why not?

Do the crime-- ask jesus to forgive, and they are done!

That **is** the lesson of christianity, after all-- easy get out of jail free...

... fortunately?

Secular **law** does not agree that "jesus, forgive" is a valid excuse for crime...

... and so? Off to jail they go-- filling the prisons far in excess of their non-prison population.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182336 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And once you are completely indoctrinated then it’s fine to go out and mock, abuse, murder and commit genocide on anyone not so indoctrinated because god will forgive you.
Of course!

Christian mythology is, after all, an easy-excuse world-view.

"Jesus forgive" lets christians commit all sorts of crime without any consequences.

It's a good thing that **secular** law does not agree that "jesus forgive" is a valid excuse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182337 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
They has a huge wood supply, plenty of water for steaming the dough and surely must have built an oven so they could prepare bagels. And the odd black bread loaf would not have come amiss
Hmm, got my mouth watering now…
Pumpernickel bread. With real, aged Swiss cheese. And some pastrami-- sliced paper-thin. A little mustard, a little sour kraut and ...

... sandwich heaven!

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182338 Nov 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if the flames are real.
Indeed... he is one of those armchair "doers" in that he never does anything beyond his arm chair...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182339 Nov 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think there are better things to pray for?
Like that no more children needlessly starve to death?
Or an end to poverty?

Or the cessation of women abuse?

Obviously, the god he believes in, does not have sufficient "god juice" to accomplish anything bigger than affecting a single person...

... sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182340 Nov 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
It requires no courage to pull someone from imaginary flames.
Look…I just did it!
Wanna see it again?
Ooh….I saved kittens this time!
And the puppies too?

Yaay! The puppies too!

Do it again!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182341 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically it was easy as pie fitting everything into a dugout canoe.
All the animals food and everything in a 14 ft dugout.
The hard part was building and getting them all to go through the miniaturization machine...:)
Obviously, god consulted Iaasic Asimov.

;)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#182342 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cultures have been building boats ever since man has been on the Earth.
The population of the Earth numerically was significantly lower than today. It’s not known how far mankind had traversed on land from their original beginnings.
The Earth as they knew it may have been regionally. Meaning it was possible to have the regions animals captured and put on the Ark.
The problem Atheist have with the story of the Noah’s flood. Is their very narrow perception. They refuse to look at the possibilities because they want to exaggerate the story beyond reason.
There’s absolutely nothing about this story that was impossible. We have seen catastrophic natural disasters on the Earth in our lifetime. We know that humans can build massive and impressive structures. Even in ancient times.
We know that precipitation can cover mountain tops.
Atheist are the ones who try to make the story far fetched and it’s anything but that. It’s just reality. The Earth floods today and it did in their time.
Wow

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#182343 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
There is not a bit of sense in trying to reason with "critical thinkers' that are more into destruction than reconstruction.
What's your interest in reason? Reason is for evidence based thinkers. You're a faith based thinker. You're free to believe whatever you like without this week, and then the opposite next week. What's the difference?

Fennario

#182344 Nov 2, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Dave, the problem has to lie with us and our limited intelligence... can't possibly be that your thoughts are a convoluted mixture of paranoia, arrogance, immaturity, senility, and an unsolicited burning need to explain to the world how the entire universe is based on electromagnetic energy.
Aerobatty wrote:
Don't you think there are better things to pray for?
Like that no more children needlessly starve to death?
Hey there! Two of my favorite pilots. Nice to be posting with you both again.

Fennario

#182345 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
That is exactly what you are doing with your higher morality than the Creator feel good.
Assuming that you are speaking of Jehovah, how hard is that? How hard is it to be more moral than Jehovah? And yes it feels good.

Since: Nov 13

Istanbul, Turkey

#182346 Nov 2, 2013
surah yaseen < check out please its a part of Quran

Since: Nov 13

Istanbul, Turkey

#182347 Nov 2, 2013
surah yaseen < check out please its a part of Quran

www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

#182348 Nov 2, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Your compadres claim it is impossible for precipitation to cover a mountain.
I don't think they or I claimed that it is impossible for snow to cap a mountain. We claim that there is not enough water in the world for the biblical of rainfall resulting in the disappearance of all dry land on earth to be accurate. You seem to agree.
Eagle 12 wrote:
If it was impossible for a mountain to be covered in precipitation then science would be on your side. But it is and will always be a fact that mountains are often covered in precipitation.
20 “Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.”
Obviously, your bible is not referring to rainfall (or snowfall) on mountains, which falls downward, but to the floodwaters forming from rainfall, which level ascends as the word "upward" attests.
Eagle 12 wrote:
In this argument you and your compadres are on the wrong side of science. In Genesis 7:20 the scripture talks of water (precipitation) and mountains being covered. The narrowness of your interpretation is beyond humorous.
In the end, each of us needs to decide whether your bible is the authentic word of the creator of the universe or something else in order to decide whether to devote our lives to it or move on. You seem to find these arguments compelling. I find them tortured, and I attribute that to you having chosen to believe by faith what is abhorrent to reason. When confronted with the inevitable problems that come from that, you either need to abandon any pretense of reason, or start spinning.

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey

Fennario

#182349 Nov 2, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I agree with you about using public funds to promote a religion. But using public funds to build a partnership with citizens in crime prevention is not only beneficial but a smart move.
Not if your crime prevention program is Christianity. What is the evidence that Christianity inhibits criminal activity? Why hasn't it helped the Catholic Church avoid crime?
Eagle 12 wrote:
Excluding people of faith from organizing a crime watch or volunteer awareness group would be unconstitutional.
Agreed. The unconstitutional part is supporting them with tax dollars.

Fennario

#182350 Nov 2, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
If the story had encompassed Noah building an airplane and flying away to some distant land then you would have cause to sneer. But building a floatation vessel was not out of the realm of possibility.
Noah building an airplane is more believable than that the highest mountains were submerged by forty days of rainfall. Only one of the two is physically possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,144,271
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,204
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 28,252
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 12 hr Roy the Boy 646
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr -Michelle- 306,600
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE