Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
174,921 - 174,940 of 226,367 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182323 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried reasoning things out logically?
You could get plenty of people to climb mountains , before you could build an oil tanker sized ship out of wood.
I’ve climbed a mountain.

About 10 minutes into the climb.

The thought comes into my mind,“why are you doing this? This is stupid.”

Then I see myself all relaxed at the camp drinking a cold root beer.

Then I start climbing down.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182324 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
ha haha HAH
The history of God’s creation (told in Genesis 1 and 2) tells us that all the land-dwelling creatures were made on Day 6 of Creation Week—the same day God made Adam and Eve. Therefore, it is clear that dinosaurs (being land animals) were made with man.
Have you ever ridden a dinosaur?

Now that's a real experience, I tell you.

I won't be doing that again.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#182325 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
ha haha HAH
The history of God’s creation (told in Genesis 1 and 2) tells us that all the land-dwelling creatures were made on Day 6 of Creation Week—the same day God made Adam and Eve. Therefore, it is clear that dinosaurs (being land animals) were made with man.
The creation museum explains how the dinosaurs stayed in their own area (why?) and people had no problems from them....it doesn't mention fences or who might have built them but.....goddidit so there's nothing to worry about;0)

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#182326 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that the Earth is a closed system.
Water can come from the normal cycle of evaporation and precipitation. Rain storms can move from other parts of the globe bringing with it torrential downpours.
Such as we see in the United States from tropical disturbances. Which by the way does cause massive flooding in our country.
We have seen flooding from excessive snow melts that has overwhelmed the Mississippi river. Flooding thousands of miles of river basins and homes.
In addition earthquakes have resulted in Tsunami’s which have caused massive flooding.
Another cause unintentional and intentional damming of water flow. Preventing the draining of excessive rain water.
Living in a floodplain or low lying area increases the chance of being flooded. So there’s a number of sources of flooding.
I’m sorry to hear you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I would love to hear more about your story as I find people and their journey interesting.
Eagle read what you just wrote... the water covered THE WHOLE PLANET!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182327 Nov 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you try to divert attention from reality. What's so special about building a boat? Nothing....period.
You not only claim a man made a boat, but he collected a sample of every species that crawls on or flies above the earth and the boat just happens to be big enough to hold them all...wow! It's also big enough to hold 8 people plus food enough to last ensuring the survival of all....again....wow!
Now you are carping on the ability of ancient peoples to build a boat, but like Topsy, it just keeps growing and growing more bizarre, more ridiculous and more mind boggling.
But hey! It's O.K. because goddidit, goddidit, goddidit and you expect everyone to nod their heads in agreement.
Sad, really sad.
Cultures have been building boats ever since man has been on the Earth.

The population of the Earth numerically was significantly lower than today. It’s not known how far mankind had traversed on land from their original beginnings.

The Earth as they knew it may have been regionally. Meaning it was possible to have the regions animals captured and put on the Ark.

The problem Atheist have with the story of the Noah’s flood. Is their very narrow perception. They refuse to look at the possibilities because they want to exaggerate the story beyond reason.

There’s absolutely nothing about this story that was impossible. We have seen catastrophic natural disasters on the Earth in our lifetime. We know that humans can build massive and impressive structures. Even in ancient times.
We know that precipitation can cover mountain tops.

Atheist are the ones who try to make the story far fetched and it’s anything but that. It’s just reality. The Earth floods today and it did in their time.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#182328 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The common denominator is “precipitation.”
http://www.answersingenesis.or g/articles/nab/really-a-flood- and-ark

Read this nonsense.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182329 Nov 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
The creation museum explains how the dinosaurs stayed in their own area (why?) and people had no problems from them....it doesn't mention fences or who might have built them but.....goddidit so there's nothing to worry about;0)
I like how Lewis says it.

Location hidden

#182330 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve climbed a mountain.
About 10 minutes into the climb.
The thought comes into my mind,“why are you doing this? This is stupid.”
Then I see myself all relaxed at the camp drinking a cold root beer.
Then I start climbing down.
Basically it was easy as pie fitting everything into a dugout canoe.
All the animals food and everything in a 14 ft dugout.
The hard part was building and getting them all to go through the miniaturization machine...:)

Location hidden

#182331 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The population of the Earth numerically was significantly lower than today. It’s not known how far mankind had traversed on land from their original beginnings.
The Earth as they knew it may have been regionally. Meaning it was possible to have the regions animals captured and put on the Ark.
The problem Atheist have with the story of the Noah’s flood. Is their very narrow perception. They refuse to look at the possibilities because they want to exaggerate the story beyond reason.
There’s absolutely nothing about this story that was impossible. We have seen catastrophic natural disasters on the Earth in our lifetime. We know that humans can build massive and impressive structures. Even in ancient times.
Atheist are the ones who try to make the story far fetched and it’s anything but that. It’s just reality. The Earth floods today and it did in their time.
Yeah every living thing gets killed about every 5-6 years. Except for the chosen ones....You knucklehead.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182332 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah every living thing gets killed about every 5-6 years. Except for the chosen ones....You knucklehead.
[laughing][tipping hat]

Location hidden

#182333 Nov 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever ridden a dinosaur?
Now that's a real experience, I tell you.
I won't be doing that again.
I rode the Intimidator, it was pretty close... but what a ride!:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182334 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are praying for you Bob. I'm going to specifically pray for you tonight my friend.
You do that--

... hint: have a towel handy for the ... "effluvia"...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182335 Nov 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
The Christians are free to help however they can, but the government is not free to use public funds to help them promote their religion, which is an unproven method of crime control anyway. Christianity doesn't reduce crime to lower levels among Christians than non-Christians.
<quoted text>
Nope.
We want to stop efforts to use public resources to promote a religion that we think does more harm to the culture than good.
Actually?

It's the opposite-- it appears that the "Jesus-forgive me" theology actually ***encourages** crime to happen!

And why not?

Do the crime-- ask jesus to forgive, and they are done!

That **is** the lesson of christianity, after all-- easy get out of jail free...

... fortunately?

Secular **law** does not agree that "jesus, forgive" is a valid excuse for crime...

... and so? Off to jail they go-- filling the prisons far in excess of their non-prison population.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182336 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And once you are completely indoctrinated then it’s fine to go out and mock, abuse, murder and commit genocide on anyone not so indoctrinated because god will forgive you.
Of course!

Christian mythology is, after all, an easy-excuse world-view.

"Jesus forgive" lets christians commit all sorts of crime without any consequences.

It's a good thing that **secular** law does not agree that "jesus forgive" is a valid excuse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182337 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
They has a huge wood supply, plenty of water for steaming the dough and surely must have built an oven so they could prepare bagels. And the odd black bread loaf would not have come amiss
Hmm, got my mouth watering now…
Pumpernickel bread. With real, aged Swiss cheese. And some pastrami-- sliced paper-thin. A little mustard, a little sour kraut and ...

... sandwich heaven!

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182338 Nov 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if the flames are real.
Indeed... he is one of those armchair "doers" in that he never does anything beyond his arm chair...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182339 Nov 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think there are better things to pray for?
Like that no more children needlessly starve to death?
Or an end to poverty?

Or the cessation of women abuse?

Obviously, the god he believes in, does not have sufficient "god juice" to accomplish anything bigger than affecting a single person...

... sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182340 Nov 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
It requires no courage to pull someone from imaginary flames.
Look…I just did it!
Wanna see it again?
Ooh….I saved kittens this time!
And the puppies too?

Yaay! The puppies too!

Do it again!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182341 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically it was easy as pie fitting everything into a dugout canoe.
All the animals food and everything in a 14 ft dugout.
The hard part was building and getting them all to go through the miniaturization machine...:)
Obviously, god consulted Iaasic Asimov.

;)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#182342 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min PDUPONT 1,100,240
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 305,449
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin Nation 27,084
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••