Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
174,781 - 174,800 of 225,725 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Four elephants, you twit. That's about 15 tons. Add in food for a year, that and another 150 lbs of food a day, each. Several tons of feed each. That would have taken up most of the Ark.
Now add in rhinos and hippos, and you have a broken boat.
Actually a full growe male elephant weights about 15,000 lbs, so a pair would be about 30,000 lbs. Add two hippos at 3,000 each, two Rhinos at 2,000 each, a couple of Grizzly bears at 1,600 each, two polar bears about 3,000 each, and a couple of Giraffe's at a combine weight of 4,330, and you get something in the order of 46,930 Tons of animals. This being a partial list and no food factored in. A whale is a mammal, does it mention whales NOT being on the ark? So lets slip aboard the largest mammal on earth, the Blue whale. 100 feet long and weighing 300,000 pounds each.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Four elephants, you twit. That's about 15 tons. Add in food for a year, that and another 150 lbs of food a day, each. Several tons of feed each. That would have taken up most of the Ark.
Now add in rhinos and hippos, and you have a broken boat.
All of those animals can go for a while without eating. Rationing. Zoo elephants eat a lot more than wild elephants. Less poop to scoop, also. Plus seasickness.

Could have been immature, too.

They could have snagged a floating body every so often to feed some animals.

You think too simple.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a point here worth quibbling over. I think we all know the physics. You're arguing nomenclature - whether the word water can apply to H2O in all of its phases or needs qualifying in the solid and gaseous states. These are sterile discussions.
The obvious fact is that floods and snow accumulation are very different things, and trying to defend a biblical account of the submerging of mountains by referring to snowfall on them is what you do when you have an impossible story that you have embraced by faith and are trying to justify to people that require reason.
We call it apologetics, and it accounts for some of the most creative and entertaining material to come from believers dealing. Just witnessing the intellectual gymnastics involved in stretching the truth, twisting meanings, straining credulity, and jumping to conclusions is exhausting.
"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey
We are talking about precipitation.

Atheist here stubbornly refuse to accept the scientific fact precipitation comes in various forms. Because in doing so they will be acknowledging that precipitation can cover mountain tops in biblical times. Just as it does today.

Now you have sided with your compadres against scientific meteorological facts.

“In meteorology, precipitation (also known as one of the classes of hydrometeors, which are atmospheric water phenomena) is any product of the condensation of atmospheric water vapour that falls under gravity. The main forms of precipitation include drizzle, rain, sleet, snow, graupel and hail.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precipitation

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Actually a full growe male elephant weights about 15,000 lbs, so a pair would be about 30,000 lbs. Add two hippos at 3,000 each, two Rhinos at 2,000 each, a couple of Grizzly bears at 1,600 each, two polar bears about 3,000 each, and a couple of Giraffe's at a combine weight of 4,330, and you get something in the order of 46,930 Tons of animals. This being a partial list and no food factored in. A whale is a mammal, does it mention whales NOT being on the ark? So lets slip aboard the largest mammal on earth, the Blue whale. 100 feet long and weighing 300,000 pounds each.
It said they were all land based.

Don't forget, this generation of man sprang from those 8. They had the sons of gods there who knew lots of things. Before they died. No idea what they knew or had. Some could have been doctors. All erased.

Everything was scratch again from Noah on. Including your ancient civilizations.

You still can't make the connection, huh?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
All true.

Dam' thing is moored, steel barges and all, up the river at Dordrecht.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Equating them to traveling evangelists? The irony ...
Pretty sure most researchers are motivated by learning the the truth, plain, simple turth. Highly doubt such a contraversial hypothesis is something they plan on making their millions from.
I’m sure they appreciate your position. As they enjoy their luxury cars, planes, homes and over the top vacations.

These good ole boys have found a willing cow to milk and they are going to milk it for all it’s worth.

Like they always say a fool is born everyday. And them fools got money, ha ha ha ha.

My hat is off to those boys and I wish them well.[tipping hat].
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought up the gay parade thing as a way to ridicule a poster.
That, in my view, is unacceptable and shameful.
Ridicule a poster? Well....I......never [covering mouth].

My goodness the thought of ridiculing a poster is just beyond me…[shocked].

Let me catch my breath.[exhaling slowly].

Now my good friend I have sinned in my life and done things I shouldn’t have done.

But who among us has not ridiculed a poster?

Who among us are so pure in spirit and never has offended anyone?

You have driven a stake through my heart and have caused me much pain. I just don’t know if I can go on any longer.
If it had been anyone else I wouldn’t care. But it was you my loyal and faithful friend.

The closest ones to you always hurt the most. And you have hurt me dearly by beloved friend.

[radical crying]

I ….. just……can’t…….go…….on.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
I’m sure they appreciate your position....
They should, my position is they have an intriguing idea. Would wouldn't appreciate that?
Eagle 12 wrote:
...As they enjoy their luxury cars, planes, homes and over the top vacations...
Huh? I have yet to meet a wealthy historical research - ever.
Eagle 12 wrote:
...These good ole boys have found a willing cow to milk and theare going to milk it for all it’s worth.
Like they always say a fool is born everyday. And them fools got money, ha ha ha ha.
My hat is off to those boys and I wish them well...
It seems to me you know a little too much how the mind of a con artist works. Projecting much?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Actually a full growe male elephant weights about 15,000 lbs, so a pair would be about 30,000 lbs. Add two hippos at 3,000 each, two Rhinos at 2,000 each, a couple of Grizzly bears at 1,600 each, two polar bears about 3,000 each, and a couple of Giraffe's at a combine weight of 4,330, and you get something in the order of 46,930 Tons of animals. This being a partial list and no food factored in. A whale is a mammal, does it mention whales NOT being on the ark? So lets slip aboard the largest mammal on earth, the Blue whale. 100 feet long and weighing 300,000 pounds each.
46,900 Tons?

Where in the hell do you get those kinds of numbers?

Jethro Bodine needs to check his guzzentas.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
They should, my position is they have an intriguing idea. Would wouldn't appreciate that?
<quoted text>
Huh? I have yet to meet a wealthy historical research - ever.
<quoted text>
It seems to me you know a little too much how the mind of a con artist works. Projecting much?
Oh yea, them good ole boys are broke. Lol

Send em some money.[laughing]

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to deliver it in the most simple form so your compadres could understand.
It's really hard to take you seriously when earlier you said that water was made up of one hydrogen molecule and two oxygen molecules.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Cold and hot must be the same thing, since one can be converted to the other like snow and water, and in exactly the same way: by warming.
You seafaring sorts - you, Macumazahn and Aura have been doing a bang up job on the nautical stuff. I've learned from you all, and have even been motivated to learn a little more on my own: masts, yards, spars, gaffs and booms, for starters. And square rigging vs. fore-and-aft (windjammers vs. schooners, bermuda rigged vs. gaff rigged) as well as a few types of sails (spankers, spinnakers, jibs and lateen). It began with somebody's comments about the difference between boat and a ship.
Laffin. I'm maybe 30 years out of practice, except for kayaks. Oh, I can still make-and-mend a trawl net, tie a running bowline, and send and receive Morse code.
Splicing's come in handy a time or two.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Four, I thought it was seven. So for elephants it would have been 14
Genesis 7
2 You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female;
3 also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth.
Supersedes
Genesis 6
19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.
20 Of the birds after their kind, and of the animals after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive."
Or was it… hmmm can you eat elephant? confusion….
Well, it doesn't have a cloven hoof...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really hard to take you seriously when earlier you said that water was made up of one hydrogen molecule and two oxygen molecules.

Yeah, and there's that whole "the bible represents reality" belief he's got goin on, too.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
[holding head down]

[crying uncontrollably]

Take it all, leave me not one feather.

Why is it always my close friends?

The people I love and admire the most?

Oh it hurts…………………………

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[holding head down]
[crying uncontrollably]
Take it all, leave me not one feather.
Why is it always my close friends?
The people I love and admire the most?
Oh it hurts…………………………
The stupid?

Yres, I'd imagine it does.

Since: Sep 10

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridicule a poster? Well....I......never [covering mouth].
My goodness the thought of ridiculing a poster is just beyond me…[shocked].
Let me catch my breath.[exhaling slowly].
Now my good friend I have sinned in my life and done things I shouldn’t have done.
But who among us has not ridiculed a poster?
Who among us are so pure in spirit and never has offended anyone?
You have driven a stake through my heart and have caused me much pain. I just don’t know if I can go on any longer.
If it had been anyone else I wouldn’t care. But it was you my loyal and faithful friend.
The closest ones to you always hurt the most. And you have hurt me dearly by beloved friend.
[radical crying]
I ….. just……can’t…….go…….on.
Mock all you want.

You are a homophobe.

I cannot respect you.

The Catcher sheet has been drawn over you, permanently.

Have a nice life, and go to hell.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "....!?...I just described myself..."
Indeed he did. No one, and I mean NO ONE posts more on Topix then good old magnet and string dave, Talk about a topix addiction, holyshit!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

I would like to draw to the attention of our Topix atheist cargomasters, shipbuilders, and meteorological experts that this Noah event did happen fairly early in the development of man as recorded in that book. Please refer to the giants, sons of god, etc. There records there were only 200 watchers, and apparently settled where man started.

Which would infer there was no global population as yet. Or animal population, either. That expansion seems to come later from this point of origination.

I doubt if our experts will understand the significance of such in devising their calculations in order to discredit such story. The world may not have been so global as yet. Which would not require the globe to be flooded, just the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mock all you want.
You are a homophobe.
I cannot respect you.
The Catcher sheet has been drawn over you, permanently.
Have a nice life, and go to hell.
Are you on the rag?

You have been exceptionally testy the last couple of days.

But there is something in the air.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,096,711
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min C Hamilton 305,401
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana 4 hr Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning 4 hr Mike Williams 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr anonymous 26,978
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••