Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182295 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, yes, boats can be built and heavy rains happen. But one man and his immediate family could not have built a boat large enough to house 7 of each animal (2 of "unclean" ones). Marine engineers playing around in their spare time estimated the size a boat Noah would have needed and it could not have been made of wood, as it's not strong enough. There's a reason really large boats were never built until they learned to use steel. It's because a really large wood boat would not be strong enough to support itself and would break in half under it's own weight.
This is discounting the entire basis of the story which is the most ridiculous part. God is pissed because the people he created are sinning so he kills them all except one family plus the majority of all the living things on earth? I'm not God, but if I were, I'll guarantee you I could come up with a MUCH less violent and evil way to deal with that sinning problem. And... there was never enough water to cover the entire world. Back when this crap was all written, they didn't bother to think about that because people were all basically pretty ignorant.
Atheist:

Bubbaís first cousins ex wifeís best friend ex boyfriends uncleís neighbor has a Jon boat. He has a friend thatís a carpenter helper. And he says they couldnít build an Ark in those days. He ought to know because he worked part time cleaning for a marine outboard company that sells motors for Jon boats.

If anybody wood nowed it would be Bubba.
LCNLin

United States

#182296 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We all know the flood tale is a copy and exaggeration of part of the epic of Gilgamesh. It's no surprise since the Babylonians did in fact conquer the Jews and the epic a Sumerian tale, that it would rub off onto them is a given. The fact it was given it's own Jewish spin ...no surprise.
\
What is a freaking mystery is.... how these colossal doofus people can believe it as it is written?
.....reading Richard Dawkins and believing his stuff?
LOL
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182297 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
You have a wonderful heart and a empty head.
While I admire your loyalty, I loathe your ignorance.
The following is the Amplified Version. Itís the most simplest of all versions. Although I use mostly the King James Version.

Amplified Version:

17 The flood [that is, the downpour of rain] was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased and bore up the ark, and it was lifted [high] above the land.
18 And the waters became mighty and increased greatly upon the land, and the ark went [gently floating] upon the surface of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed so exceedingly and were so mighty upon the earth that all the high hills under the whole sky were covered.
20 [In fact] the waters became fifteen cubits higher, as the high hills were covered.

The following is the Amplified Version. Itís the most simplest of all versions. Although I use mostly the King James Version.

Amplified Version:

17 The flood [that is, the downpour of rain] was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased and bore up the ark, and it was lifted [high] above the land.
18 And the waters became mighty and increased greatly upon the land, and the ark went [gently floating] upon the surface of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed so exceedingly and were so mighty upon the earth that all the high hills under the whole sky were covered.
20 [In fact] the waters became fifteen cubits higher, as the high hills were covered.

Now the King James Version:

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

The bible says the mountains were covered.

It didnít say the highest mountain was underwater 15 cubits of flood water.

Thatís an exaggeration by Atheist.

The 15 cubits was a mean (average) level.

Then it says the mountains were covered.

Not surprisingly mountians are often covered when thereís heavy precipitation.

And I thank you for your kind and sweet comments.[tipping hat]

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#182298 Nov 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
.....reading Richard Dawkins and believing his stuff?
LOL
Richard? Richard has nothing to do with it.
Historical fact ..has everything to do with it.

You cannot escape the maze you are trapped in, and I understand that.
The truth escapes you, something else beyond you.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#182299 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amplified Version:
Amplified Version:
Now the King James Version:
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
The bible says the mountains were covered.
It didnít say the highest mountain was underwater 15 cubits of flood water.
Thatís an exaggeration by Atheist.
The 15 cubits was a mean (average) level.
Then it says the mountains were covered.
Not surprisingly mountians are often covered when thereís heavy precipitation.
And I thank you for your kind and sweet comments.[tipping hat]
Now you are lying ..we understand you lie and why.

I already told you why, but it escapes you why you are lying.
It's because you were programed to believe this, and if it is not true your whole world is a lie.
You cannot accept it is so.

but it is so, and you programed to believe this lie, now you do back=flips to to keep believing the lie.

But you have been told the truth, and since you NOW AND FOREVER know the truth.

You are lying to yourself, so do not speak of the lies you tell yourself and expect us to believe them. It's just utter stupodity to do so. Do you want us to think you an imbecile?
LCNLin

United States

#182300 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Richard? Richard has nothing to do with it.
Historical fact ..has everything to do with it.
You cannot escape the maze you are trapped in, and I understand that.
The truth escapes you, something else beyond you.
outside of finding atheists trolls funny,

You know Nothing of my beliefs
which have never been stated.

Have a fun day

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#182301 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The story in Genesis doesnít say that my friend. Thatís what you are trying to insinuate it says. Big difference.
Your insinuation is not factual nor plausible.
I challenge you to prove otherwise.
The story says the mountains were covered. Not impossible but very much likely they were covered in precipitation. The average mean depth is listed. That depth was not taken over Mt Everest as you so ridiculously want to make it look.
Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters. 19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.

"and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.
and the mountains were covered."

If it meant what you say, there was no need for an ark, just to go to the top of the mountain.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182302 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are lying ..we understand you lie and why.
I already told you why, but it escapes you why you are lying.
It's because you were programed to believe this, and if it is not true your whole world is a lie.
You cannot accept it is so.
but it is so, and you programed to believe this lie, now you do back=flips to to keep believing the lie.
But you have been told the truth, and since you NOW AND FOREVER know the truth.
You are lying to yourself, so do not speak of the lies you tell yourself and expect us to believe them. It's just utter stupodity to do so. Do you want us to think you an imbecile?
You are making accusations.

And accusations are not facts.

Programmed?

Like half human and have machine like as in Robo Cop or Cyber Borg?

Iím sorry to tell you that Iím my own person and make my own conclusions. I was exposed to Atheism when I was younger unlike most people. I went on my own journey to find the truth about if there was a God.

I am a free man and embrace freedom to believe what I deem as the truth. As far as being an imbecile? Iím but a humble creature who has been blessed.

You are making accusations.

And accusations are not facts.

Programmed?

Like half human and have machine like as in Robo Cop or Cyber Borg?

Iím sorry to tell you that Iím my own person and make my own conclusions. I was exposed to Atheism when I was younger unlike most people. I went on my own journey to find the truth about if there was a God.

I am a free man and embrace freedom to believe what I deem as the truth. As far as being an imbecile? Iím but a lowly creature who has been blessed.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182303 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters. 19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
If it meant what you say, there was no need for an ark, just to go to the top of the mountain.
There are hills and then there are mountains.

I think most know the difference.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182304 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried climbing a mountian? With kids, grand kids, family, friends, carrying food and water for one year?

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#182305 Nov 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We all know the flood tale is a copy and exaggeration of part of the epic of Gilgamesh. It's no surprise since the Babylonians did in fact conquer the Jews and the epic a Sumerian tale, that it would rub off onto them is a given. The fact it was given it's own Jewish spin ...no surprise.
\
What is a freaking mystery is.... how these colossal doofus people can believe it as it is written?
yeah, that's what's really amazing.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#182307 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried climbing a mountian? With kids, grand kids, family, friends, carrying food and water for one year?

Have you ever tried reasoning things out logically?
You could get plenty of people to climb mountains , before you could build an oil tanker sized ship out of wood.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#182308 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true with Atheist. They use science or try to use science in their argument. But when science is applied to their counterargument all of a sudden the playing field is leveled. Something most Atheist are appalled at.
Saying for example it is impossible for a mountain to be covered in precipitation is asinine. It happens every day and itís ridiculous not to accept that scientific fact. Itís not even a complicated scientific fact nor is it pseudo science.
We are not talking theory here but actual verifiable metrological facts.
Why do you think a snow capped mountain has anything to do with a flood engulfing an entire mountain?

Location hidden

#182309 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would challenge you to prove you claims.
The Greek Tessarakonteres is recorded in history as having a length 420 feet. This was done in ancient times. Made of wood.
So whoever you are referring too as saying it couldnít be done is historically inept. It has already been done.
For centuries men have been floating wooden barges and wood rafts to saw mills. We know wood floats. We also know in history men have built wooden boats and ships.
When you are making claims please validate them with references and not just hearsay.
You think a 420 ft boat could hold 7 of each animal on the earth?

Location hidden

#182310 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Climbing a mountain is way more difficult than performing a miraculous feat of engineering and logistics.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182311 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, that's what's really amazing.
The stories of a massive flood event with God forewarning a chosen man is in nearly every ancient culture. This makes me believe a massive flood did happen in ancient times.

We understand that Atheist make the claim Noahís story was borrowed from someone else story. Upon researching this claim I could not find conclusive evidence. Only the suggestion.

The Gilgamesh flood myth has some significant differences than that of Noahís.

Their vessel was a six story building built in seven days. Their vessel was cubed and symmetrical meaning a floating box equal on all sides. With a slate top. The rain only lasted 7 days and all the water was gone in two weeks. This oversized building was pushed into the water by hand. The size was 200í x 200í x 200í.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#182312 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The stories of a massive flood event with God forewarning a chosen man is in nearly every ancient culture. This makes me believe a massive flood did happen in ancient times.
We understand that Atheist make the claim Noahís story was borrowed from someone else story. Upon researching this claim I could not find conclusive evidence. Only the suggestion.
The Gilgamesh flood myth has some significant differences than that of Noahís.
Their vessel was a six story building built in seven days. Their vessel was cubed and symmetrical meaning a floating box equal on all sides. With a slate top. The rain only lasted 7 days and all the water was gone in two weeks. This oversized building was pushed into the water by hand. The size was 200í x 200í x 200í.
Where'd the water come from and then where did it all go to? The Earth is a closed system, all the water that evaporates eventually comes back down as rain. If you have a logical answer to this question I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and sing praises to the Lord.(Even though I can never actually be saved because on numerous occasions I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, and usually in a very vile and demeaning manner.)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#182313 Nov 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an Atheist would make claims snow is not water and wood doesn't float.
You obviously haven't tried that bath I recommended....wood? I never said anything about wood. Although I will readily admit I have seen twigs and branches floating on water, I haven't tried to hop on and take a ride yet;0)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#182314 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think a snow capped mountain has anything to do with a flood engulfing an entire mountain?
The common denominator is ďprecipitation.Ē

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#182315 Nov 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, you have the mind of a child. You are not able to process information given to you, especially when it involves science in any way, much like a child. However, unlike a child, you ignore or reject factual information, that is a sure sign of some serious mental disorder. You are unable to make logical correlations, as in your feeble attempt to make a correlation between Japanese tsunami debris float in the Pacific and a year long voyage of a 400 foot wooden boat loaded with tons of animals and supplies, just shear stupidity.
I am done trying to have any meaningful conversation with you. I can carry on a conversation with a child for about 20 seconds, with you, about half that. You'll see no more replies from me, Good luck with your severe delusions!!!
An acquaintance of mine recently went to the "Creation Museum" in Kentucky. It's over 70,000 square feet large and completely dedication to prove the unerring accuracy of the bible.....

Here's the section on the story of Noah's Ark, with reproductions, virtual tours and explanations why creationism is true and evolution is 'impossible'....enjoy:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Pete 1,508,790
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... 1 hr STOP 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 313,657
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr AllPhartx 32,818
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web