Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,733)

Showing posts 174,641 - 174,660 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, obviously Gopher wood is **magic** wood that has the tensile strength of titanium, the density of balsawood and the stiffness of cobalt steal alloy.
Superman could not have punched through that ark-- it was that strong.
And Noah? He used it **all** up, causing the Gopher wood trees to all go extinct.
Damn you Noah! The world could have **used** that wood!
Robert, are you prepared to meet the Lord Jesus Christ after you leave this current world??: http://biblehub.com/revelation/20-12.htm

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Doctor,[hand shake].
I don’t believe in a global flood as we interpret the meaning of a global world today.
But understand in those biblical times their world was not this massive ball rotating in space on it’s axis as we see it today.
It was limited to a few hundred if not few thousand miles as they knew it. Land exploration and ocean voyage exploration had not even began in those times.
And their world as they knew it flooded.
Man alive, this just keeps getting better and better!

If the world wasn't, um, "a massive ball rotating in space on it's axis as we see it today"…the what was it?

PleaseAnswerPleaseAnswerPlease AnswerPleaseAnswer….

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only get Gopher wood from....Gophers.
When you can get Gophers to sell you some wood.
You can build an ark.
That's recycled, isn't it?

I read where they eat the roots or girdle the trees sharpening their teeth.

Dead trees.

I wonder if that means deadwood, or cut and seasoned lumber instead of a tree species? The seasoning makes A LOT of sense, especially since there wasn't much time to fell trees and season it. Nothing like warped planks in the middle of a storm to ruin your day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no…according to DaveNelson and Eagle12, this news spread all over the entire world! By word of mouth!
After all…forget about the rise and fall of empires…everyone in the world had to know about the guy, um, building the really big boat!
And since they all knew, their god was perfectly justified in killing them all. And their children. And the little babies.
Such an odd religion...
Define world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Listen to the Topix atheists flounder and flail and wail away. Drowning. Grasping at straws blowing in the wind to keep from sinking into the abyss.
That is what they get for sailing on the good ship Lollipop, triple re-inforced hull of imagination and hopes laminated and glued with illusion.
It couldn't take the heat.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
Dude…shhh. You and Eagle are getting your asses handed to you on this subject and you don't know how to back out gracefully.

Its hysterical...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Define world.
Pathetic circular try, Dave…scroll back a bit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

"Identity

The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[2] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis (lævigatis, in the Clementine Vulgate), "smoothed (possibly planed) wood"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_wood

Worked lumber, not tree species. And seasoned.

God is smart. Knows his stuff. Maybe he had carpentry experience.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Listen to the Topix atheists flounder and flail and wail away. Drowning. Grasping at straws blowing in the wind to keep from sinking into the abyss.
That is what they get for sailing on the good ship Lollipop, triple re-inforced hull of imagination and hopes laminated and glued with illusion.
It couldn't take the heat.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
Better the Good Ship Lollipop than your goddamn ark...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude…shhh. You and Eagle are getting your asses handed to you on this subject and you don't know how to back out gracefully.
Its hysterical...
That straw won't float your boat.

You're gonna drown.

:-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Better the Good Ship Lollipop than your goddamn ark...
Lol...this made me chuckle...very true :-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Better the Good Ship Lollipop than your goddamn ark...
:-)

I thought you took great delight in informing those with a belief in something beyond here they were living in fantasy land and stupid?

I hate to burst your bubble, but......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...this made me chuckle...very true :-)
How cute. Anon and peekaboo are floating along in a bubble built for two.

Hmmm, there's a song there somewhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

http://www.airliners.net/aircraft-data/stats....

Was going to post this earlier re bracing and cargo loading, etc and arks in general

Who here has ever flown on a DC-8 stretch jet? That was the series 60.

That is one spindly airplane. Kind of scary the first time you get in it and see how long and skinny it was and those wings just a flopping as you taxied. You kept expecting something to fall off, like a wing. But it was a very good airplane.

Same skin and other components, just very well braced and balanced to take all that flexing. The standard DC-8 fully fueled and loaded used to weigh about 255,000 pounds. That is near 130 tons. These may have carried more. Those things bounced in turbulent air, they could fall a long ways before catching again with that weight, and usually survived it. Those were some serious thumps.

Design and assembly. Noah's Ark was nothing that couldn't be done at the time for what it was designed to do. Which was to just float on the water as upright and leakproof as possible.

Shit, you should see some of the rafts those Haitian and Cubans rode to Florida across some rough water.

Topix atheists really have to stretch and make ridiculous comparisons to say it couldn't be done. That aircraft proves it could.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no…according to DaveNelson and Eagle12, this news spread all over the entire world! By word of mouth!
After all…forget about the rise and fall of empires…everyone in the world had to know about the guy, um, building the really big boat!
And since they all knew, their god was perfectly justified in killing them all. And their children. And the little babies.
Such an odd religion...
I think I'd be more inclined to call their religion, totally insane. No one with a stable mind could even begin to believe in such nonsense, which means......
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Man alive, this just keeps getting better and better!
If the world wasn't, um, "a massive ball rotating in space on it's axis as we see it today"…the what was it?
PleaseAnswerPleaseAnswerPlease AnswerPleaseAnswer….
holyfuckingshit, Isn't that just totally amazing? How is it possible for someone in this day of abundant information to be so incredible stupid? How, How HOW!!!!!!!!!
John K

Litchfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Freshly cut wood does not float. Lumber requires at least one year of air drying per inch of thickness. So if a timber is 10 inches thick it requires 10 years of air drying. Most modern mills don't like to mill wood thicker than 2 inches due to the drying time. Modern kilns can speed up the process but they require modern control systems to do this. Noah had to build this boat in a month with a handful of people. He did not have 10 years forwarning so he could put in his order at the mill. How many million board feet of wood would be needed? How many of you have ever built a boat? Even a small one! It is a pain in the butt to build a boat. To build a boat 300 feet long would take months of planing and at least 30 or so extremely strong and talented people. You would have to build 10 feet of boat a day. Of course they could work on Saturday because the ten Comandments proabition had not been in place yet. Plus someone would have to round up a years worth of food for all of the animals. And the starting weight of the boat plus cargo would be different than the weight at the end of the journey due to the animals eating the food and the dumping of their waste overboard. Of course having some gung Beatles on board would be helpful.

This is so much fun - making this crap up! I could keep going and going.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

John K wrote:
Freshly cut wood does not float. Lumber requires at least one year of air drying per inch of thickness. So if a timber is 10 inches thick it requires 10 years of air drying. Most modern mills don't like to mill wood thicker than 2 inches due to the drying time. Modern kilns can speed up the process but they require modern control systems to do this. Noah had to build this boat in a month with a handful of people. He did not have 10 years forwarning so he could put in his order at the mill. How many million board feet of wood would be needed? How many of you have ever built a boat? Even a small one! It is a pain in the butt to build a boat. To build a boat 300 feet long would take months of planing and at least 30 or so extremely strong and talented people. You would have to build 10 feet of boat a day. Of course they could work on Saturday because the ten Comandments proabition had not been in place yet. Plus someone would have to round up a years worth of food for all of the animals. And the starting weight of the boat plus cargo would be different than the weight at the end of the journey due to the animals eating the food and the dumping of their waste overboard. Of course having some gung Beatles on board would be helpful.
This is so much fun - making this crap up! I could keep going and going.
You had me fooled, John.

I thought your debunking was for real.

But what about balsa wood?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You are lying. As per your habits.
More to the point: WHY DID NOT THE BIBLE EXPLAIN THAT WATER IS TWO HYDROGEN AND ONE OXYGEN?
Hmmm?
Was your god ... stupid or something?
Yeah... among other things...

<*SKYGOD*> "Oh, and make sure you give an accurate representation of the planetary motion of the immediate solar system so my words won't look like the ignorant ramblings of nomadic desert dwellers to future generations"

<<*current god prophet-scribe*>> " Got it, and on the first page of every chapter you want me and all others to come to ensure that E=mc2 is included?"

<*SKYGOD*> "Yep, that about covers it till I come back as my human self so I can sacrifice myself to myself to save my creations from the wrath of myself... Later, Mo..." **POOF**

<<*current god prophet-scribe*>> {emerging from behind burning bush} "OKAY!...listen up everyone...WE ARE NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE SUN DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND US!... You may want to sit down for the rest of the communique...."

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheism is NOT a 'faith'. It's a mindset that an unbeliever CHOOSES TO EMBRACE when they are determined to ignore the REALITY of the Glory of the Lord Christ Almighty....Just keepin' it...R-E-A-L.
How about LEVIATHAN?

What a hoot.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Long enough to be saved.
I see, much like your biblical myth, you're just saying anything that comes to mind as it pertains to your claims and ramblings and don't think too much about it, because your belief must survive within your mind at all costs.

It isn't about evidence, proof or even trying to apply logic.

It's all about preserving the belief.

Cognitive dissonance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_disson...

Confirmation bias
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bia...

Belief perserverance
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-belief-persev...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 174,641 - 174,660 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,034,045
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 min DAVID27 303,247
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••