Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244866 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181484 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have answered the question and you choose to ignore it.
There’s no known official census for the time period.
You’re making radical assumptions in your hypothetical question.
No, you haven't answered any of my questions, I do believe you are to cowardly to face facts.

The population number are scientifically accurate, and of course there was no census taken. Both civilizations kept very good records and it becomes an easy task to calculate the populations at that time. Furthermore we don't even need to talk about population numbers, the point is BOTH the Egyptian and Chinese cultures existed during your biblical flood, so for the last time. DID THE EGTPTIAN HEAR NOAH'S FOREWARNING OF THE GREAT FLOOD? DID THE CHINESE ALSO HEAR THIS FOREWARNING?

Next unbelievably simple question, why are the NO reports of a world-wide flood in both of those cultures?

Avoid answering once again and be branded a cowardly Christian, just another Theists with no balls whatsoever. A sniveling coward who can't rationalize his beliefs in the face of solid evidence. I know you must be old and very set in your ways, but being a coward is still a horrible thing, I'm beginning to take pity on you!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181485 Oct 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like a third-rate computer program.
Not at all like a real person.
Are you a real person, or are you putting us on?
I'm serious.
[crying]

“Et tu, Brutus?”

“Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.”

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181486 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments about a fetus being a symbiotic parasite is demeaning to mothers everywhere. Both past and present....
So what, face reality and STFU.

A zygote is much like a tumor.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#181487 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, face reality and STFU.
A zygote is much like a tumor.
Is that what you thought your daughter was, and that a tumor would become your successor?

Reality is that the creation of life is not parasitical or symbiont but is an evolutionary advantage in the survival of species by procreation.
So far from parasitical a zygote is a extension of yourselves to carry on your genes after you are gone.
Parasites are always an invasive organism of another species.
The human body creates the zygote, which is mutually supportive and can generate tissue and antibodies for the mother also.

Of course it has to have a host in the beginning, but your own flesh and blood is a sacrifice that is a natural consequence
of procreation. So only a convoluted type thinking can consider
a pregnant woman host to a parasite, a pregnant woman is host to her developing baby.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181488 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I am curious as to why you are such a coward, you are ALWAYS to cowardly to answer simple questions. Are you that embarrassed at your complete inability to answer a simple question?
I do realize that your a lazy ass, so I did your homework for you.
The time for Noah's supposed flood was 2348 BC. The Egyptian dynasties that ran from the Third Dynasty to the Sixth Dynasty, covered a time line of 2134-2686. As you can see, the great global flood happened right between the third and sixth dynasties. So, a simple question, but I guess my questions aren't that simple, Did the people of Egypt hear Noah's forewarning for the flood?
In China, Emperor Zhi ruled from 2255-2358, again the great flood took place during his last 10 years as Emperor. Same simple question. Did the people of China hear Noah's forewarning of the great world-wide flood?
Why is there NO mention in either Egyptian or Chinese records of this devastating flood that killed everyone in both countries?
Noah's flood did not list the year. You really should abadon

The year of Noah’s flood is not listed in the Bible. Estimates can be made but no assurances of the accuracy.

There are a number of civilizations who have recorded the event of Noah’s flood. This evidence was found in tablet form in several locations. It didn’t just come from the Bible.

Not only that Dr. Robert Ballard has come up with proof of a massive flood based on oceanography science.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181489 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, you haven't answered any of my questions, I do believe you are to cowardly to face facts.
The population number are scientifically accurate, and of course there was no census taken. Both civilizations kept very good records and it becomes an easy task to calculate the populations at that time. Furthermore we don't even need to talk about population numbers, the point is BOTH the Egyptian and Chinese cultures existed during your biblical flood, so for the last time. DID THE EGTPTIAN HEAR NOAH'S FOREWARNING OF THE GREAT FLOOD? DID THE CHINESE ALSO HEAR THIS FOREWARNING?
Next unbelievably simple question, why are the NO reports of a world-wide flood in both of those cultures?
Avoid answering once again and be branded a cowardly Christian, just another Theists with no balls whatsoever. A sniveling coward who can't rationalize his beliefs in the face of solid evidence. I know you must be old and very set in your ways, but being a coward is still a horrible thing, I'm beginning to take pity on you!!!
"of course there was no census taken."

Thank you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181490 Oct 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you thought your daughter was, and that a tumor would become your successor?....
Same process. I don't need to lie to myself about the reality of the Universe that God created.

You realize there are more non-human cells in your body than human cells ?
Without them you would die within a day. Are they "you" or something else ? Are they human ? Do they have a soul ?
Maybe humans are the parasites.

BTW,

WTF do I need 'a successor' for ?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181491 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The year of Noah’s flood is not listed in the Bible. Estimates can be made but no assurances of the accuracy.
There are a number of civilizations who have recorded the event of Noah’s flood. This evidence was found in tablet form in several locations. It didn’t just come from the Bible.
Not only that Dr. Robert Ballard has come up with proof of a massive flood based on oceanography science.
"The Flood connection began with the publication in the late 1990s of the “Black Sea Deluge Hypothesis”, by geophysicist Walter Pitman and marine geologist William Ryan: the hypothesis that the Black Sea catastrophically flooded in about 5600 BC when the Aegean burst through a sill at the Bosporus, sending two hundred Niagaras-worth of water per day crashing through the gap for up to three hundred days. Ryan and Pitman went on to speculate that (a) the land thus flooded had previously been heavily populated,(b) the displaced survivors spread out across Europe, the Near East and even further afield, taking the Neolithic with them, and (c) folk memories of this catastrophe eventually morphed into the myth of the Great Noachian Flood.- See more at: http://www.skepticink.com/lateraltruth/2012/1...

Haha ha ha hey stupid, they're talking about the "Black Sea Deluge" NOT a GLOBAL flood. Notice the phrase "Morphed into the MYTH of the great Noachian flood.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181492 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a phenomenon going on since man started thinking beyond the immediate. Questioning the prevailing thought and truths taught to him by others.
Topix atheists got caught in nets in their search for the truth,and tossed into cages they can't see out of. They have become too reactive and not objective.
Plus they are dumb.
Dave is cute when he gets butt hurt.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181493 Oct 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person declares everyone that they meet is insane or crazy?
What are the odds that it is the person making the declarations who is crazy, instead of everyone else?
:)
Yeah, that's The Dave Nelson in a nutshell.

No one gets it but, "him", everyone else doesn't "get it", but if they'd listen to "him" an accept what he has to say, they'd, "get it".
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181494 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So no information about the time line for the great flood in the bible? You have lied again, this time as for most of the times, you have lied in ignorance. My figure of 2348 BC STANDS. You lose once again.

According to the Biblical chronology it was around 2300 BC, that is around 1700 years after Creation in around 4000 BC. Many of the patriarchs listed above were living at the same time. There is so much evidence, even without the Bible, that this event happened. The Bible merely gives a workable chronology from which various dates have been deduced. Even Stephen Jay Gould, the atheist gave credit to Bishop Usher for his scholarship for working out a date similar to the one given above. This was the year 2349BC which Usher arrived at through his study of the Biblical chronology. So, even though Gould most certainly did not share Ushers belief in the Bible as being true, he respected and gave credit to his scholarship.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181495 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My favorite Clarke quote.."One of two things is possible, either we are alone in the universe or we are not, either one is frightening."
That is a good one!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181496 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You know how you can tell if Dave is NOT lying?.........His mouth is NOT moving.
Indeed-- that is quite true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181497 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Virgin Birth/Nativity wa a story invented to convert Grecco-Roman pagans, nothing more.
2. The number of Magi is not mention anywhere in the Bible.
Yes, it is silly to believe anything in the Bible is other than stories told by men.
It is even sillier to believe anything "The Church" claims about those stories.
I agree-- it's all made-up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181498 Oct 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll pick door number two.
Exactly!

If everyone he meets is "insane"? The problem isn't with the people he **meets**...

... the problem is with **him**.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181499 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I see little difference between the attitude of stead-fast atheists and devout theists.
Neither are looking for "Truth", they are just trying to rationalized what they already believe... even if it is proven to be wrong.
The thing is?

Atheism would be dirt simple to prove, once and for all, that it was wrong.

All you need to do? Is produce at least one (1) god.

So far, in the entire history of the planet?

Nobody has managed to do that.

Hmmmmm.... that is pretty definitive.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181500 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely?
That you are shallow enough to recognize at a glance.
Silly boyo-- you are well known for being a bald-faced liar.

And?

That makes **you** so shallow, you are literally transparent.

LOL!

Your hate is also showing, here.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#181501 Oct 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like everyone left for Sunday worship of the NFL, the one true faith...
Yes. That has always puzzled me about pro sports. Fans worship the best mercenaries their cities can hire,then pay out the ass to do so. High school and college fandom is one thing, but the purely commercial creating such is weird.

People pick the damndest things to put their heart, souls, and money into.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181502 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More evidence that you are either a bold faced liar, or ignorant about what is contained in you bible. You say the bible says nothing about the time-line for this fictitious flood. Read the FIRST three words......."Using the BIBLE." Liar!!!

Using the Bible, well-documented historical events, and some math, we find that the Flood began approximately 4,359 years ago in the year 1656 AM or 2348 BC. Some may look for an exact date (i.e., month and day), but we are not given that sort of precision in Scrip

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181503 Oct 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen a lot of ghost and goblins last night Bob. And who says there’s no such things as ghost? Lol, we had a great time. I don’t see myself celebrating Halloween as much as celebrating kids having a good time.
It was a World Series night so the crowds were down some but never the less it was a wonderful night.
I used to help with the annual church Halloween party-- we would have all sorts of fun-- the best and most-loved by the kids, was an in-the-dark pillow fight.(we always provided the super-soft pillows, to avoid any "ringers" or too-hard pillows)

The kids always loved it-- just enough light to barely see... glow-in-the-dark stickers to mark the doors, in case anyone wanted to leave quickly. And plenty of adult monitors (who did not play but suffered pillow-hits instead) to keep anyone from being hurt.

In all they years I did that? Not one injury, nor a complaint--not by the kids anyway.

Alas, the "it's best for you" crowd eventually put a stop to it, as it "promoted violence"... WTF?

I despise "we know better" types-- they are **always** all up in everyone's business-- EXCEPT THEIR OWN.

Which pretty much describes religion in general...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Kevin 1,263,619
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 29 min feces for jesus 310,333
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,469
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web