Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181289 Oct 25, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how is it a religion?
It doesn't sound anything like the definition of religion:
'1.beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
'
http://www.bing.com/search...
By definition, it's not a religion at all.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#181290 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely. Getting stoned out of your gourd and reading comics lampooning a religious figure started you on your indoctrination to reality, eh?
Bet you have had the same attitude toward all authority figures since. Except for approved liberal Democrats who chuckled at the same things.
As the twig is bent.
If you're alluding that reading a satirical magazine that poked fun of god lead to my atheism, the answer would be a resounding no. I gave up on god at the tender age of fourteen when I graduated from a Catholic grade school. I'm apolitical and I've never taken humans very seriously, which would obviously include authority figures. Anything else?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#181291 Oct 25, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how is it a religion?
It doesn't sound anything like the definition of religion:
'1.beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
'
http://www.bing.com/search...
hes been proven wrong about hundred times already by many different posters and still comes back repeating the same k ra pola..LLL

such is the power of kristINSANITY brainwashing,,

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181292 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a belief that The Universe and man did not start without any intelligent design. Note the word any, not Christian version of.....
Atheism does not involve any worship of dieties and consequently it is not a religion.
It is a particular view, philosophy if you want, but not a religion.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
... You can't prove it, if it could it would greatly known....
Also, if any off the thousands of religions of man could be proven then there would simply be no debate. The only reason aethiests are out there is because of the non-provability of any religion.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
... The claim you are not is ridiculous.
Finally, what claim are did I make that you are referring to?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#181293 Oct 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're alluding that reading a satirical magazine that poked fun of god lead to my atheism, the answer would be a resounding no. I gave up on god at the tender age of fourteen when I graduated from a Catholic grade school. I'm apolitical and I've never taken humans very seriously, which would obviously include authority figures. Anything else?
But it reinforced your rebellion against it. Which shut your analytic abilities down.

Isn't 14 about the age when juvies think it is so cool to mock?

Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?

That was about the age I turned atheist, too. But I didn't feel the compulsion to mock and ridicule, or even argue about it.

As the twig is bent.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181294 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the courts know that when a thought becomes an organization of thought, then it becomes a belief system. A faith.
Stupidassed Topix atheists don't know what they are.
Maybe that is why they are always demanding proof?
Hmmmmm......I have an idea to reach them.
A God comic book. Costume, bulging muscles. That would be something they could start to understand.
Don't be bitter, Dave.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#181295 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But it reinforced your rebellion against it. Which shut your analytic abilities down.
That was about the age I turned atheist, too. But I didn't feel the compulsion to mock and ridicule, or even argue about it.
As the twig is bent.
Fourteen can be a rebellious age, but at that age I honestly didn't mock anyone about their religion for the following reasons. Most of the mocking that I recall was from fellow Catholic students who would denigrate all non-Christian belief systems and many Christian sects, because they believed then as they do today that the Roman Catholic Church is the one "true" religion. I desired to put 14 years of (unsuccessful) religious indoctrination behind me, engaging in mockery would only reinforce and prolong that which I dearly wanted to forget. Other than these threads, or if someone brings up religion over drinks or at dinner, I rarely contemplate religion or atheism.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181296 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me I had to sweep my jaw off the floor.
If you tell the truckers that you need a break every now and then, you wouldn't have to do that...

Location hidden

#181297 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a belief that The Universe and man did not start without any intelligent design. Note the word any, not Christian version of. You can't prove it, if it could it would greatly known. The claim you are not is ridiculous.
Still wrong, lil' Bobby.

All atheism is the lack of a belief in deities. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am always fascinated by people like you, people so in need of their religion that they feel everyone else simply must have a religion also - even the people who don't believe in deities.

Its strange...and a little creepy.

Location hidden

#181298 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As the twig is bent.
"Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?"

Dude...stop...you're embarrassing yourself.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181299 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe it's ok to abort late term healthy babies.
We see through the hypocrisy Bob.
That's so hypocritical Bob of you.
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:
In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.
You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.
YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.
What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181300 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, have you ever thought about getting married?
I mean to an adult?
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:
In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.
You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.
YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.
What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181305 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
How Jesus of you: your hate is showing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181306 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe it's ok to abort late term healthy babies.
We see through the hypocrisy Bob.
That's so hypocritical Bob of you.
The point being, your God has no problems aborting late term healthy babies, why does it bother you so much?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181307 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a liar. Especially after reading a few of your deceptive posts.
i suppose you have a point to make, or a rebuttal to what you consider lies, and some thoughts on why you think my posts are deceptive. So be my guest and make your points or simply piss off, your choice!!!!!!

Location hidden

#181308 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>A hero.
Nah...I'd have to disagree.

Location hidden

#181309 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181310 Oct 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
He takes after his demon God, the one who's most favorite past time is murder.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181311 Oct 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.
We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.
Please try not to mix us up with them.
Believe me I know thereís some good hearted Atheist out there. But here on topix we see the far extreme militant views. We are not talking here moderate Atheist but extremist. I donít need to name them because all us regulars know who they are.

Everything our nation stands for including the right to freedom of religion is under attack. We have seen serious abuses in government powers such as the IRS targeting religious groups. Every law enforcement officer, military officer, judge, elected leader, in this country takes an oath.

That said oath is to preserve and defend the constitution. It must be preserved at all cost. Too many have made the ultimate sacrifice for it to be destroyed. We must never let extremism alter our freedoms.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181312 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen your smile(in a pic).
That was on purpose.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Henry Waxman 1,125,481
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr tool 450
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Earthling-1 1,512
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 27,914
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 306,230
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE