Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181294 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the courts know that when a thought becomes an organization of thought, then it becomes a belief system. A faith.
Stupidassed Topix atheists don't know what they are.
Maybe that is why they are always demanding proof?
Hmmmmm......I have an idea to reach them.
A God comic book. Costume, bulging muscles. That would be something they could start to understand.
Don't be bitter, Dave.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#181295 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But it reinforced your rebellion against it. Which shut your analytic abilities down.
Isn't 14 about the age when juvies think it is so cool to mock?
Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?
That was about the age I turned atheist, too. But I didn't feel the compulsion to mock and ridicule, or even argue about it.
As the twig is bent.
Fourteen can be a rebellious age, but at that age I honestly didn't mock anyone about their religion for the following reasons. Most of the mocking that I recall was from fellow Catholic students who would denigrate all non-Christian belief systems and many Christian sects, because they believed then as they do today that the Roman Catholic Church is the one "true" religion. I desired to put 14 years of (unsuccessful) religious indoctrination behind me, engaging in mockery would only reinforce and prolong that which I dearly wanted to forget. Other than these threads, or if someone brings up religion over drinks or at dinner, I rarely contemplate religion or atheism.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181296 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me I had to sweep my jaw off the floor.
If you tell the truckers that you need a break every now and then, you wouldn't have to do that...

Location hidden

#181297 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a belief that The Universe and man did not start without any intelligent design. Note the word any, not Christian version of. You can't prove it, if it could it would greatly known. The claim you are not is ridiculous.
Still wrong, lil' Bobby.

All atheism is the lack of a belief in deities. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am always fascinated by people like you, people so in need of their religion that they feel everyone else simply must have a religion also - even the people who don't believe in deities.

Its strange...and a little creepy.

Location hidden

#181298 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But it reinforced your rebellion against it. Which shut your analytic abilities down.
Isn't 14 about the age when juvies think it is so cool to mock?
Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?
That was about the age I turned atheist, too. But I didn't feel the compulsion to mock and ridicule, or even argue about it.
As the twig is bent.
"Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?"

Dude...stop...you're embarrassing yourself.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181299 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe it's ok to abort late term healthy babies.
We see through the hypocrisy Bob.
That's so hypocritical Bob of you.
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:
In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.
You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.
YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.
What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181300 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, have you ever thought about getting married?
I mean to an adult?
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:
In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.
You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.
YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.
What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181305 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
How Jesus of you: your hate is showing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181306 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe it's ok to abort late term healthy babies.
We see through the hypocrisy Bob.
That's so hypocritical Bob of you.
The point being, your God has no problems aborting late term healthy babies, why does it bother you so much?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181307 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a liar. Especially after reading a few of your deceptive posts.
i suppose you have a point to make, or a rebuttal to what you consider lies, and some thoughts on why you think my posts are deceptive. So be my guest and make your points or simply piss off, your choice!!!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181308 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>A hero.
Nah...I'd have to disagree.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181309 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181310 Oct 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...lets make sure you don't hold any of that hatred back now newby...lets see your true christian nature ;-)
He takes after his demon God, the one who's most favorite past time is murder.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181311 Oct 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.
We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.
Please try not to mix us up with them.
Believe me I know thereís some good hearted Atheist out there. But here on topix we see the far extreme militant views. We are not talking here moderate Atheist but extremist. I donít need to name them because all us regulars know who they are.

Everything our nation stands for including the right to freedom of religion is under attack. We have seen serious abuses in government powers such as the IRS targeting religious groups. Every law enforcement officer, military officer, judge, elected leader, in this country takes an oath.

That said oath is to preserve and defend the constitution. It must be preserved at all cost. Too many have made the ultimate sacrifice for it to be destroyed. We must never let extremism alter our freedoms.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181312 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen your smile(in a pic).
That was on purpose.

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181313 Oct 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The point being, your God has no problems aborting late term healthy babies, why does it bother you so much?
Early on in my life I didnít give it much thought. I guess you can say I was neutral on the issue. However an abortion was not something myself or my wife would ever be involved with.

As time went on I began to learn more about the subject. I learned that abortion is a horrendous and utterly sickening procedure. I wonít go into the details but Iíll just say itís horrible what someone would do to a unborn child. Barbaric is not even close to describe the procedure.

Here we are on topix, and the very people that claim God is a murder, support unrestricted abortions. Mankind takes the trophy in murdering infants. And I think hypocrisy stinks to high heaven Doctor.

God gave people a choice to be saved in most cases and even in war. An Example was Rahab at Jericho. She and her household was saved because she asked for mercy.

God would have spared the Earth from the great flood had the people repented. But their were hard hearted and they were full of stubbornness.

Unborn children donít get to have a choice. They are just butchered to death. You Atheist so proudly claim that all infants are Atheist. If thatís so most Atheist are pro termination of life as it means nothing of killing another Atheist.

Not once have you came out Doctor against the ravages of abortion. Not once. Hypocrisy stinks Doctor. Itís best you abort the subject because every time you reply to me God is a murder. Iím going to come back talking about murdering the unborn by abortion.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#181314 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the type that would have been killed . I'm satisfied with that.
That's par. All good Xtians love to smugly condemn others....it's one of your more endearing qualities.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181315 Oct 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was on purpose.
:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#181316 Oct 25, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I wouldnít describe atheism or secular humanism as belief systems. They interest me because I do not have a Ďset of beliefsí. I consider that an unhelpful concept and not something I would do. People can of course perceive me as having a Ďset of beliefsí like anyone else, but I think thatís their mistake as it impedes their understanding of how I think.
My guess is that we agree more than disagree, but that we use the language differently. I have a set of beliefs. And I would call the subset that describes my ethics and my metaphysics secular humanism. I would imagine that saying so helps others understand how I think.
EdSed wrote:
for me, neither atheism or humanism are belief systems. There's nothing systematic or ideological inherent in them.
For me, secular humanism IS a belief system. In fact it is so robust a belief system that it can also an properly called and a value system, an ideology and a world view. The Affirmations of Humanism are a good sketch of those principles. I can point to it and say, "I disagree with none of this." http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/12

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181317 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Early on in my life I didnít give it much thought. I guess you can say I was neutral on the issue. However an abortion was not something myself or my wife would ever be involved with.
Nobody is trying to force you to, are they?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As time went on I began to learn more about the subject. I learned that abortion is a horrendous and utterly sickening procedure.
So is birth. Don't you remember?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonít go into the details but Iíll just say itís horrible what someone would do to a unborn child. Barbaric is not even close to describe the procedure.
Birth?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we are on topix, and the very people that claim God is a murder, support unrestricted abortions. Mankind takes the trophy in murdering infants. And I think hypocrisy stinks to high heaven Doctor.
God gave people a choice to be saved in most cases and even in war. An Example was Rahab at Jericho. She and her household was saved because she asked for mercy.
God would have spared the Earth from the great flood had the people repented. But their were hard hearted and they were full of stubbornness.
God doesn't exist. Birth and abortion do exist.

Turn your dial to Reality and then we can discuss the issues rationally.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unborn children donít get to have a choice.
Women do. It is, after all, their body. Do you disagree?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just butchered to death.
I worked in a morgue for some time. I've seen deaths that would boggle your mind. If you die in your sleep or if you die with a car key in your brain (real death), it doesn't matter. You still had to visit River Tam.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atheist so proudly claim that all infants are Atheist. If thatís so most Atheist are pro termination of life as it means nothing of killing another Atheist.
All infants are atheist. The unborn aren't infants, are they?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once have you came out Doctor against the ravages of abortion. Not once. Hypocrisy stinks Doctor. Itís best you abort the subject because every time you reply to me God is a murder. Iím going to come back talking about murdering the unborn by abortion.
Unborn children are like undead children.

They don't exist.

Just like Teh God...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 15 min IBdaMann 2,189
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,144,008
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,242
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 5 hr Star On 47 646
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Kathwynn 306,595
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE