Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#181275 Oct 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Already done in 1973. It was originally part of the National Lampoon magazine. Google Son-O-God comics. Lord, I miss those days of gettin' wasted and reading the latest 'Poon.
Lovely. Getting stoned out of your gourd and reading comics lampooning a religious figure started you on your indoctrination to reality, eh?

Bet you have had the same attitude toward all authority figures since. Except for approved liberal Democrats who chuckled at the same things.

As the twig is bent.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181276 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on the irrational side.
Tell me something. You are an atheist and believe in evolution. What is so holy about children?
Gee, some of your atheist ancestors ate them when times got real desperate, then just made more later if they survived. Hey, an evolved being has to eat, right?
Where are you getting this holy stuff?
Just think about it.
chuckle
Dude...holy stuff? What on earth are you babbling about?

Seriously, you're mental.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181277 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with Mikko. But our courts have made a ruling that it is a religion.
It is a convenient legal fiction.

Google that term: "legal fiction".

Under it, you will find the definition of "corporation" too. Giant businesses are not **really** a person-- but it's convenient to consider them as one--legally.

To enforce **equal** treatment under the law, the US Supreme court considered atheism to be a religion.

HAD YOU READ THE ACTUAL BRIEF? As written by the Supreme Court Judges?

You would have KNOWN this already.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181278 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to unwanted pregnancies. It is a by partisan issue. I believe that abstinence should be taught along with other methods of birth control.
Studies gathered from various places?

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt-- that only teaching abstinence-only makes for pregnant teens.

Areas where A.O. is **not** taught? But quality-- with details-- sex instead?

Have significantly lower teen pregnancy rates.

Your delusional desires just do not work.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181279 Oct 25, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel for little babies Bob?
How do you stand on late term abortions of healthy infants?
Do you realize millions healthy infants have been aborted?
Do you know the procedure used by Abortionist to kill the unborn child?
Most Atheist are left wing pro abortion. Yet millions of innocent healthy babies have been murdered but thatís ok with you?
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:

In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.

You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.

YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.

What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181280 Oct 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.
We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.
Please try not to mix us up with them.
Indeed.

He reveals his own secret desires here.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#181281 Oct 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
< sound of pin dropping >
This post you made was in response to my saying "Atheism is religion, without any of the good points of religion. Your claim was there was nothing good about religion, and this was how you requested an answer.

I didn't take 2 or 3 days off from posting because this was that complicated of a question to answer. I admit picking the direction to go was difficult. Religion offers social gatherings for people. Religions also raise money for charity. I am really more perplexed by the fact you would ask this. Overall posting on this tread, has really been like talking to I_see_you and a bunch of log ons that are unbelievable similar. I_see_you does go off of your beating path. The atheist bloggers here, should fall back on whatever personal experience pushed them over the edge, and try to see the good of religion, and religious groups. I left Christianity when I read of Florida clergy that denounced Obama because he is black. I don't think these clergy should be clergy. My personal beliefs were leaving Christian beliefs prior to that. The beliefs I now have, I would not want them subjected to public forum. An atheist is the opposite of myself. It is your desire to have the center stage, that makes you a religious group. Due to modern science, one can not claim their faith is absolute truth, but ufologist could give a strong debate, and perhaps win that debate, if a wrong turn is not made. The Western Atheist believe in so much mythology, it is just to crazy that anyone could answer "Atheism Requires As Much Faith As Religion?" no. Is just insane, I can't believe this tread goes on the way it does.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181282 Oct 25, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dent = "mumbo jumbo"
2% Atheist in the USA
Just Prove Atheism and then move on
LOL
Excellent post. It is no accident the percentage in a country with religious freedom is so low. You can't prove atheism, and I mean you cant. This tread, should just be atheist answering, not asking, they have millions of such treads online designed for them to ask. Give them just one and they fold like a cheap suit. Atheism is a religion, and doesn't even rank as a highly likely true religion. News flash soulless ones, you will not find a missing link, because there it's not there, at least not the one you seek.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181283 Oct 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no atheist philosophy/religion.
All atheism is is the lack of belief in deities.
Excuse me I had to sweep my jaw off the floor. You really need to stop posting here and start reading books. Atheism is born out of Philosophy. When the Greeks presented their Gods, Philosophers questioned the mythology. If Atheist were to have a modern Bible it would be the writings of Friedrich Nietzche. For several reason you and Little Red Bobbing Hood should stop blogging and start reading. No Atheist Philosophy... You don't know what you are talking about. Honestly I doubt you would understand Philosophy if you read it.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181284 Oct 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe it's ok to abort late term healthy babies.

We see through the hypocrisy Bob.

That's so hypocritical Bob of you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181285 Oct 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, have you ever thought about getting married?

I mean to an adult?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181286 Oct 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...holy stuff? What on earth are you babbling about?
Seriously, you're mental.
It's not that at all it is your reading comprehension is dismal.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181287 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Atheism is a religion, and doesn't even rank as a highly likely true religion...
Exactly how is it a religion?

It doesn't sound anything like the definition of religion:
'1.beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
'
http://www.bing.com/search...

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#181288 Oct 25, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
'1.beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
'
It is a belief that The Universe and man did not start without any intelligent design. Note the word any, not Christian version of. You can't prove it, if it could it would greatly known. The claim you are not is ridiculous.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181289 Oct 25, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
'
By definition, it's not a religion at all.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#181290 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely. Getting stoned out of your gourd and reading comics lampooning a religious figure started you on your indoctrination to reality, eh?
Bet you have had the same attitude toward all authority figures since. Except for approved liberal Democrats who chuckled at the same things.
As the twig is bent.
If you're alluding that reading a satirical magazine that poked fun of god lead to my atheism, the answer would be a resounding no. I gave up on god at the tender age of fourteen when I graduated from a Catholic grade school. I'm apolitical and I've never taken humans very seriously, which would obviously include authority figures. Anything else?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#181291 Oct 25, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
'
hes been proven wrong about hundred times already by many different posters and still comes back repeating the same k ra pola..LLL

such is the power of kristINSANITY brainwashing,,

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181292 Oct 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a belief that The Universe and man did not start without any intelligent design. Note the word any, not Christian version of.....
Atheism does not involve any worship of dieties and consequently it is not a religion.
It is a particular view, philosophy if you want, but not a religion.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
... You can't prove it, if it could it would greatly known....
Also, if any off the thousands of religions of man could be proven then there would simply be no debate. The only reason aethiests are out there is because of the non-provability of any religion.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
... The claim you are not is ridiculous.
Finally, what claim are did I make that you are referring to?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#181293 Oct 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're alluding that reading a satirical magazine that poked fun of god lead to my atheism, the answer would be a resounding no. I gave up on god at the tender age of fourteen when I graduated from a Catholic grade school. I'm apolitical and I've never taken humans very seriously, which would obviously include authority figures. Anything else?
But it reinforced your rebellion against it. Which shut your analytic abilities down.

Isn't 14 about the age when juvies think it is so cool to mock?

Did I mention neo-atheism was a cult preying on the disaffected?

That was about the age I turned atheist, too. But I didn't feel the compulsion to mock and ridicule, or even argue about it.

As the twig is bent.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#181294 Oct 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the courts know that when a thought becomes an organization of thought, then it becomes a belief system. A faith.
Stupidassed Topix atheists don't know what they are.
Maybe that is why they are always demanding proof?
Hmmmmm......I have an idea to reach them.
A God comic book. Costume, bulging muscles. That would be something they could start to understand.
Don't be bitter, Dave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min RoxLo 1,156,636
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,515
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Christian Atheism 694
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 6 hr IBdaMann 2,745
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr The world is waiting 307,127
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Sat yinefsfgd 3
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web