Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
173,901 - 173,920 of 224,374 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no smiley face.
It is the perogative of a creator of something they made from scratch to manage such as they see fit. Deal with that.
I wonder what you would do if you exerted lots of time and labor making something that then turned around and cussed you out and told you all the wrong things you did. You probably wouldn't put up with too much moral judgements made by them on you. You might save the ones that worked out better.
You know what I wouldn't do?

I wouldn't kill them.

But, then, that's what makes humans better than gods.

And just so no one forgets - this is what you wrote:

"The children of avowed atheists, atheists from ignorance, and even children of the righteous can all have their existence terminated. Then they get sorted out.
Child protective services are well known for taking children out of bad situations to place them in better environments. Why not their Creator?"

So, really, you're just completely batshit crazy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Remarkable semblance to the man/god thing, eh?
The child always knows what's best for themselves. Just ask them.
And if they still don't listen, you apparently just want to kill them.

Freak.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they still don't listen, you apparently just want to kill them.
Freak.
You are on the irrational side.

Tell me something. You are an atheist and believe in evolution. What is so holy about children?

Gee, some of your atheist ancestors ate them when times got real desperate, then just made more later if they survived. Hey, an evolved being has to eat, right?

Where are you getting this holy stuff?

Just think about it.

chuckle

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Religious liars like Dave Nelson have no proof of god and ramble on
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It sounds like you agree with Mikko if you disagree with the courts. You seem to realize that the American courts do not create any part of reality other than how laws are interpreted for Americans.
Atheism is not a religion. Neither is secular humanism - unless you are willing to call any belief system a religion regardless of what it advocates.
I do agree with Mikko. But our courts have made a ruling that it is a religion.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But not just any education. By definition, it has to be effective education to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Fortunately, you seem to agree that abstinence-only education, which is often taught in parochial schools, is less effective than the sex education based on empiric studies and offered in the secular public schools. That is to your credit.
My purpose with all of these plugs for secularism is to point out what a huge contribution secular pursuits have made compared to the contributions from the bible and the church, which have been relatively sterile resources for useful knowledge. You seem to acknowledge that at times, yet still prefer the religious.
Let me ask you this, and you needn't answer to anybody but yourself: If you were wrong in your faith, and it could somehow be demonstrated to you in a compelling and undeniable way, would you want to know?
I believe that most Christians, are happy with their faith, and wouldn't want it undermined whether there was a god or not. They want to believe something that comforts them even if incorrect more than they want to believe something that is correct even if uncomfortable. Would you agree with that?
When it comes to unwanted pregnancies. It is a by partisan issue. I believe that abstinence should be taught along with other methods of birth control. Letís face it abstinence is the safest way of prevention. But we all have to be realist in our thinking. Many kids will not abstain. So they need to know how to protect themselves.

You being a MD know all too well itís far more than unwanted pregnancies. Itís all these STDís that are alive and well circulating among the population. Including the dreadful hepatitis.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the babies? Even the little, tiny kids?
They all drowned too-- were **they** offered a chance? No?
How about all the puppies and kittens who also drowned? Were **they** given a chance? No?
What about all the **other** animals in the world-- were **they** given a choice? No?
Face it: the flood story is one of the most **EVIL** stories ever fabricated by man.
And you worship the god who you believe, perpetuated such an ugly tale of god-evil.
Wow....
... what does that make YOU?
Do you feel for little babies Bob?

How do you stand on late term abortions of healthy infants?

Do you realize millions healthy infants have been aborted?

Do you know the procedure used by Abortionist to kill the unborn child?

Most Atheist are left wing pro abortion. Yet millions of innocent healthy babies have been murdered but thatís ok with you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the courts know that when a thought becomes an organization of thought, then it becomes a belief system. A faith.

Stupidassed Topix atheists don't know what they are.

Maybe that is why they are always demanding proof?

Hmmmmm......I have an idea to reach them.

A God comic book. Costume, bulging muscles. That would be something they could start to understand.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to gather us all up in box cars and send us to death camps?
Good luck on that one. Your forefathers messed up and gave us the right to bare arms. You know what that means Bob? No death camps for us believers here in America. Only wishful thinking by the intolerant.
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.

We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.

Please try not to mix us up with them.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the courts know that when a thought becomes an organization of thought, then it becomes a belief system. A faith.
Stupidassed Topix atheists don't know what they are.
Maybe that is why they are always demanding proof?
Hmmmmm......I have an idea to reach them.
A God comic book. Costume, bulging muscles. That would be something they could start to understand.
Already done in 1973. It was originally part of the National Lampoon magazine. Google Son-O-God comics. Lord, I miss those days of gettin' wasted and reading the latest 'Poon.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
It is impossible to read the OT and not come to realize that YHWY is an evil POS.
Anyone who denies that is inane or brainwashed.
<quoted text>
I agree completely. The ugly biblegod is a monster, by which all others pale.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The Jews themselves will admit that their culture has evolved.
Note that most Jews refer to Judaism as "traditions" not "religions".
IMHO, modern Judaism is closer to what Jesus taught than Christianity.
I cannot disagree here-- I have known several people who considered their "jewishness" to be a kind of birthright, not unlike a family name. And having nothing at all to do with religion; some were atheists, even.

One of my Jewish acquaintances admitted to me, that what killed his faith was reading (and hearing from relatives) about the Holocaust. That atrocity killed religion for him.

I was sympathetic-- it's one of many reasons why **I** am not religious either.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if they owed the company store, and yes, they could and were shot down like animals. The money men owned the towns and law in those days.
All nice and Biblical it was, too.

That's what happens to people who get their morality from the bible: they have no problem becoming virtual slave owners.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Boy! They got to choose where they would be worked to death!
Point. But some **did** leave for parts unknown, and hopefully, better for them than what they had.

Of course, it was the **liberals** who destroyed this virtual slavery.

Them and unions-- together, the helped to establish the 40 hour work week, and a minimum wage.

If **conservatives** like the TeaBaggers had there way? We'd return to the days of virtual slavery... sooner than later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Already done in 1973. It was originally part of the National Lampoon magazine. Google Son-O-God comics. Lord, I miss those days of gettin' wasted and reading the latest 'Poon.
Lovely. Getting stoned out of your gourd and reading comics lampooning a religious figure started you on your indoctrination to reality, eh?

Bet you have had the same attitude toward all authority figures since. Except for approved liberal Democrats who chuckled at the same things.

As the twig is bent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on the irrational side.
Tell me something. You are an atheist and believe in evolution. What is so holy about children?
Gee, some of your atheist ancestors ate them when times got real desperate, then just made more later if they survived. Hey, an evolved being has to eat, right?
Where are you getting this holy stuff?
Just think about it.
chuckle
Dude...holy stuff? What on earth are you babbling about?

Seriously, you're mental.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a convenient legal fiction.

Google that term: "legal fiction".

Under it, you will find the definition of "corporation" too. Giant businesses are not **really** a person-- but it's convenient to consider them as one--legally.

To enforce **equal** treatment under the law, the US Supreme court considered atheism to be a religion.

HAD YOU READ THE ACTUAL BRIEF? As written by the Supreme Court Judges?

You would have KNOWN this already.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to unwanted pregnancies. It is a by partisan issue. I believe that abstinence should be taught along with other methods of birth control.
Studies gathered from various places?

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt-- that only teaching abstinence-only makes for pregnant teens.

Areas where A.O. is **not** taught? But quality-- with details-- sex instead?

Have significantly lower teen pregnancy rates.

Your delusional desires just do not work.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel for little babies Bob?
How do you stand on late term abortions of healthy infants?
Do you realize millions healthy infants have been aborted?
Do you know the procedure used by Abortionist to kill the unborn child?
Most Atheist are left wing pro abortion. Yet millions of innocent healthy babies have been murdered but thatís ok with you?
None of the above excuses your ugly Noah Flood story:

In which your hideous god MURDERS ALL THE BABIES ON THE PLANET.

You are trying to change the subject-- it will not fly.

YOU WORSHIP A GOD YOU BELIEVE KILLED ALL THE BABIES IN THE WORLD.

What does that make YOU into?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You seem to have secular humanists confused with smiters, genocidal fanatics, inquisitors, Nazis, the Klan, Christian dominionists, Crusaders, theocrats and the like.
We're secular humanists. We're peaceniks. We leave the ovens, the witch burning stakes, the inquisitional torture devices, the theats of hellfire, and the rest to others.
Please try not to mix us up with them.
Indeed.

He reveals his own secret desires here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••