Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254917 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181374 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for mentioning Dr. Kaku.
"This week Dr. Kaku addresses how physics has revolutionized mathematics. In the video below, Dr. Kaku says we might imagine God as we know him to be a mathematician: "The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God."
http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/math-is...
"imagine God"

Then call your imagination "Gods Word" and bash everyone who disagrees with you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181375 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the little babies?
You have continued to **ignore** this pointed question.
Why?
Babies and miscarriages all go directly to Hell. They are unsaved and damned!

What do you expect of an evil deity that (allegedly) murdered every living thing on the planet except a handful of people and animals. A deity that ordered the murder, rape and enslavement of entire nations.

Bible God is a real evil POS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181376 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I quit doing Halloween years ago-- you hypocrite christians would send your teen age kids around and trash the neighborhood.
I used to do it for the little ones-- but due to Christian Poisoning of the holiday?
Little kids are no longer allowed out and about.
You should be proud: Your sort has killed a children's holiday.
Due to your ugly hate-beliefs.
They are working on killing Christmas next.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181377 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
They are utterly impervious to self-criticism.
As the fictional House character said?
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"
~ Dr Gregory House
Excellent point.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181378 Oct 26, 2013
Religion is a contagious mental disorder.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181379 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies and miscarriages all go directly to Hell. They are unsaved and damned!
What do you expect of an evil deity that (allegedly) murdered every living thing on the planet except a handful of people and animals. A deity that ordered the murder, rape and enslavement of entire nations.
Bible God is a real evil POS.
Of course!

Just watch: one of the True Believersô will trot out "age of accountability".

When they do? Ask them for a biblical reference--- there isn't any...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181380 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They are working on killing Christmas next.
Giftmas!

That is what I call the celebration of Winter Solstice: giftmas.

The exchange of gifts with people we love, and people we are expected to love (but sometimes find it hard to).

:D

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#181381 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Michael Kaku and many other scientist say the same thing, the more they learn the more they believe. You re too stuck with that minor league crowd that teach.
Michio Kaku
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181382 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Kaku and many other scientist say the same thing, the more they learn the more they believe. You re too stuck with that minor league crowd that teach.
Show me the article were Michael Kaku says that the more he leans the more he believes in God Then site the names of the other scientists that feel the same and the documentation that shows this to be true.

In fact, the opposite happens, as science supplies the answers to events that were originally attributed to God, the God answer are replaced with real knowledge. Ever since man cringed in caves as thunder and lightning rolled across the sky, thinking that it was caused by an angry God, and sickness and disease thought to be the work of demons and evil spirits, and then science comes to the rescue, showing the actual cause, and pushing the childish God beliefs out of the way. This has happened for thousands of years, each real answer pushing God further and further back, until God simply becomes a receding pocket of scientific ignorance. Dr Neil Degrass Tyson has a great lecture on this receding God.

And your still a child for NOT understanding how our planet, as all other planets are formed, and attributing the process to a fictitious God thing, Shame on you for your juvenile mindset.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181383 Oct 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
RED SOX need to win tonight
With the World Series down to a best-of-five as the Red Sox and Cardinals take the festivities to Busch Stadium, here's a look at five keys for Boston in Saturday night's Game 3...
1. Get something from the bottom of the lineup.
Since Mike Napoli's three-run double in the first inning of Game 1, the Nos. 5-9 spots in the Red Sox lineup have combined to go 2-for-33 (0.61)-- and one of those hits was the Stephen Drew popup that fell between befuddled pitcher Adam Wainwright and catcher Yadier Molina early in the series opener.
Throw in a couple of walks and a sacrifice fly, and that half of the Sox lineup has reached base at a .111 clip against the Cardinals over that same span, and what's scary is the bottom of the order is about to be thinned out even further. Saturday night they'll put Jake Peavy into that portion of the lineup, while removing Napoli, because the National League doesn't allow the designated hitter. It'll stay that way through Game 5.
Obviously the Sox survived the struggles of their lower-half to win Game 1, but Game 2 showed why that might not be sustainable. Against a team with a bullpen as talented as St. Louis' is, a team can't afford to give away innings, or even at-bats. It's going to be difficult for the Sox to score late in games, so it's imperative that they keep the line moving, and turn the lineup over frequently enough that their big bats have a chance to do damage. Those batters in the 6, 7, and 8 spots don't necessarily need to drive in runs, or score themselves -- but every time they draw a walk or get a hit, the Sox get one batter closer to Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz, both of whom are hot.
In an effort to help that, John Farrell will use Daniel Nava -- he of the eighth-best average and fifth-best OBP in the AL this season -- as his left fielder for Game 3. And while Drew might look like a lost cause at this point in what's been a dreadful postseason offensively, here's one reason to think he could come around:
Before going 3-for-4 with a double and a triple on May 26, Drew was 1 for his previous 24. Before going 4-for-5 with a homer and two doubles on June 4, he was 2 for 23. Before going 3-for-5 on June 21, he was 7 for 47. And before going 3-for-4 with two homers and five RBIs on July 27, he was 1 for 15.
The point is, Drew has shown a tendency to bust out of slumps in a big, bold way. The Sox can't expect that to happen Saturday -- but, if it does, it might be exactly what they need to win Game 3.
I really don't care, I'll be watching the Boston Bruins tonight, I'm not a fan of baseball. I find it the same as watching paint dry>

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#181384 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The bogeyman is always around to get you if you ain't careful.
Your focus on blaming religion for all the ills of humanity leaves your ass wide open.
<The Dave Nelson> "Mmmm ... wide open assss...and I'm the bogeymannnn..."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181385 Oct 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The trick includes that you don't own anything your non-profit organization owns, so yes it should be this way.
GL however finding a following to support this fish god enterprise.
It exists on donations alone, so you could put all your personal profits into this and be exempt , but unless you have supporters making donations ...it is a losing proposition.
Millions of gullible people exist as evidenced by those who buy a fictitious being blowing on a handful of dirt to create a fully formed male. Jim Jones got plenty of gullible people to not only kill themselves but to murder their children also. How incredibly stupid do you have to be to believe in a global flood and an Ark carrying every animal on Earth? With just a little PR and some charisma I should have no problem. It might be a good experiment to see how many gullible people I could get to believe in such a ridiculous proposition. Maybe I'll start with all those who reject the facts of evolution, they're certainly stupid enough to buy my Fish Gods from Neptune.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181386 Oct 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "Mmmm ... wide open assss...and I'm the bogeymannnn..."
Actually, where I grew up he was called the buggerman.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181387 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness you take a position against late term abortions.
Iím not sure what incident you are referring too on God murdering children and destroying unborn fetuses.
We have already previously discussed war and war times. So I must assume you are talking about the Noahís flood. So here is my answer.
On Sept 8th 1900 a cat 4 hurricane hit Galveston Texas. Back in those days there was no warning or heed to get out. So this storm came upon the people unaware. 6000-12000 people died as the wall of water came crashing in on them.
But today as you are aware that the NOAA does an outstanding job of warning government and citizens. Now Doctor, is NOAA guilty of murdering people if those people choose not to head to the warnings?
Noah preached and forewarned the population prior to the flood. Most likely many in the community helped in this massive construction job of building the Ark. It was like a government job. People come to work everyday and worked on building the Ark.
How were they were paid, I donít know. I just think Noah had lots of help in this construction job. Now is it Godís fault people didnít heed to the warning? And you want to call God a murder. Well you donít think NOAA is guilty of murder. Why should God be?
Weak argument. There was NO war with Egypt when God murdered all of the Egyptian first born males. I war there is always collateral damage involving innocent bystanders. Even if the Jews were at war with Egypt, which they weren't, this was NOT collateral damage to innocent bystanders, this was wanton murder of innocent little babies.

"Noah preached and forewarned the population prior to the flood" .....NOW please pay cole attention, as I have asked this question a number of times, and each time you either ignore the question or try and deflect it by changing the subject. So...Did the people from China hear this forewarning from Noah? How about the Egyptian empire, were they forewarned by Noah? The people from Polynesia, New Zealand, Australia, South America, Canada?

Second question. Had all of those people been able to hear Noah's forewarning, and somehow flocked to the Ark, how could Noah have saved millions of those people?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#181388 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Millions of gullible people exist as evidenced by those who buy a fictitious being blowing on a handful of dirt to create a fully formed male. Jim Jones got plenty of gullible people to not only kill themselves but to murder their children also. How incredibly stupid do you have to be to believe in a global flood and an Ark carrying every animal on Earth? With just a little PR and some charisma I should have no problem. It might be a good experiment to see how many gullible people I could get to believe in such a ridiculous proposition. Maybe I'll start with all those who reject the facts of evolution, they're certainly stupid enough to buy my Fish Gods from Neptune.
Well ramen and we will pray to be spared from the fishy end
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181389 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for mentioning Dr. Kaku.
"This week Dr. Kaku addresses how physics has revolutionized mathematics. In the video below, Dr. Kaku says we might imagine God as we know him to be a mathematician: "The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God."
http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/math-is...
So you found a scientists who believes in God, very good. I can find just as many who do not, and would scoff at Kaku's position Neil DeGrass Tyson an astrophysicist, Richard Dawkins an evolutionary biologist, Neil Turok a cosmologist, all would scoff at such a childish position held by Kaku.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#181390 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
X=1
2=2/X
2+2=4/X
You won't understand that. Which we can add to your collection. However, you are in the majority of the planet as far as that goes.
Refer to your BBT.
But to help you grasp that, and count, your fingers are a fraction of you.
You won't grasp that, either.
You should make sure your little riddles are actually hard to decipher. That's like 4th grade algebra there.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181391 Oct 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Additional Irish Malarkey instead of logic.
He seems rattled at bit
I'm not Irish, and if I were I would be terribly ashamed of my country for it was there than religion reared it's ugly head and proved to the world how poisonous religion really is. The "My God is the right God" that created the deaths and misery that enfolded that country was horrible. Catholics against Protestants for years and years, hate filled years all because of religion. "Religion poisons everything" Hitchens was SO right.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181392 Oct 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well ramen and we will pray to be spared from the fishy end
Great, my first convert.$50.00 and your in!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181393 Oct 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well ramen and we will pray to be spared from the fishy end
Send me the $50.00 and I'll mail you our version of a holy book. Fly Tying Made Easy, or How To Catch Your God and Clean Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,374,725
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 54 min IB DaMann 9,550
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Brian_G 310,974
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web