Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254915 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181354 Oct 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to force you to, are they?
<quoted text>
So is birth. Don't you remember?
<quoted text>
Birth?
<quoted text>
God doesn't exist. Birth and abortion do exist.
Turn your dial to Reality and then we can discuss the issues rationally.
<quoted text>
Women do. It is, after all, their body. Do you disagree?
<quoted text>
I worked in a morgue for some time. I've seen deaths that would boggle your mind. If you die in your sleep or if you die with a car key in your brain (real death), it doesn't matter. You still had to visit River Tam.
<quoted text>
All infants are atheist. The unborn aren't infants, are they?
<quoted text>
Unborn children are like undead children.
They don't exist.
Just like Teh God...
All I can say is I disagree. A birth of a child is a exciting and beautiful thing to watch.

There may be some cases where an abortion is necessary. But abortion as birth control method is just wrong. That unborn child is not just the mothers. Half of itís make up came from the father.

The fetus as itís properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain.

Many fathers donít want something that is a part of them terminated. That means executed in a barbaric and crude fashion. Why does it matter to me? Iím a tax payer and a person that feels murdering a fetus just because theyíre not wanted is wrong.

And the mother had a choice as did the father before conception in most cases. Fetuses are not Atheist as I have said many times before. That is an atheist position. A ridiculous one at that.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181355 Oct 26, 2013
<Eagle 12 wrote>

"The fetus as itís properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain."

So the fetuses that were destroyed in the global flood could have heard, and felt in the womb. Do you suppose they felt the pain as the terrified mother was drowning? Just curious. You seem to have an answer for most things concerning your God, so I was thinking that maybe you would know this also. Thanks for any information you can supply!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181356 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I DO NOT support late term abortions, I do think it is wrong. But I think that a women has the ultimate decision as it is her body. I do agree with early abortions in the first or second trimeters, especially in rape cases and unwanted teen pregnancy. Some where there was to be consideration for the baby if it is going to be born with severe birth defects, and who's life my be full of pain or shorted considerably. I think early abortion is ok if the life of the women is in danger, or her health. And I agree that sex education, especially from parents, is an effective way of limiting abortions.
Now too your God. Why do you NOT have a problem with him murdering little babies and destroying unborn fetuses, many of them late term, and some on the verge of being born? I do know that you will dodge the question or resort to your other favorite tactic and thats deflecting the question by changing the subject. You're very good at this by the way.
Thank goodness you take a position against late term abortions.

Iím not sure what incident you are referring too on God murdering children and destroying unborn fetuses.

We have already previously discussed war and war times. So I must assume you are talking about the Noahís flood. So here is my answer.

On Sept 8th 1900 a cat 4 hurricane hit Galveston Texas. Back in those days there was no warning or heed to get out. So this storm came upon the people unaware. 6000-12000 people died as the wall of water came crashing in on them.

But today as you are aware that the NOAA does an outstanding job of warning government and citizens. Now Doctor, is NOAA guilty of murdering people if those people choose not to head to the warnings?

Noah preached and forewarned the population prior to the flood. Most likely many in the community helped in this massive construction job of building the Ark. It was like a government job. People come to work everyday and worked on building the Ark.

How were they were paid, I donít know. I just think Noah had lots of help in this construction job. Now is it Godís fault people didnít heed to the warning? And you want to call God a murder. Well you donít think NOAA is guilty of murder. Why should God be?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#181357 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is I disagree. A birth of a child is a exciting and beautiful thing to watch.
There may be some cases where an abortion is necessary. But abortion as birth control method is just wrong. That unborn child is not just the mothers. Half of itís make up came from the father.
The fetus as itís properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain.
Many fathers donít want something that is a part of them terminated. That means executed in a barbaric and crude fashion. Why does it matter to me? Iím a tax payer and a person that feels murdering a fetus just because theyíre not wanted is wrong.
And the mother had a choice as did the father before conception in most cases. Fetuses are not Atheist as I have said many times before. That is an atheist position. A ridiculous one at that.
Im still wondering about the religious people who could not get to the Ark, and even if they had, there would have been no room for them. You seem to be purposely avoiding my question, why is that?

Do you think there were people at that time living in Australia, South America, China, Egypt, Russia, Africa, the Polynesian Islands, New Zealand?
LCNLin

United States

#181358 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And religion poisons everything continues.
Additional Irish Malarkey instead of logic.
He seems rattled at bit

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181359 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And religion poisons everything continues.
Yes it does... religion poisons the mind.

Proof is all around us: the god-bots on Topix demonstrate quite severe brain damage.
LCNLin

United States

#181360 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<Eagle 12 wrote>
"The fetus as itís properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain."
So the fetuses that were destroyed in the global flood could have heard, and felt in the womb. Do you suppose they felt the pain as the terrified mother was drowning? Just curious. You seem to have an answer for most things concerning your God, so I was thinking that maybe you would know this also. Thanks for any information you can supply!!!
Red Sox drop game two.
"Flood malarkey" the result?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181361 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Im still wondering about the religious people who could not get to the Ark, and even if they had, there would have been no room for them. You seem to be purposely avoiding my question, why is that?
Do you think there were people at that time living in Australia, South America, China, Egypt, Russia, Africa, the Polynesian Islands, New Zealand?
Youíre talking hypothetically Doctor.

Call up the World Census for the time in question. Then we can discuss more specifics of who was where.

Iím sure anyone who wanted to be saved could have been saved. Just like you my good man.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#181362 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof is all around us: the god-bots on Topix demonstrate quite severe brain damage.
Too true.
http://religionpoisons.wordpress.com/about/

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#181363 Oct 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Most lock step in on topix,
Normal atheists prove to be agnostics as per Richard Dawkins, the book salesman.
Dawkins makes a bundle of money off the atheist religion types
Overall the online atheist makes it harder on the out going atheist. I never meet one that did not tell me to pay these guys online no mind. From time to time I wonder if they say that in person, then turn around and make post like these clowns.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181364 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
All the kids will be coming around tonight for Halloween treats. Be sure to turn off your lights.

Their Moms & Dads should know,ďOh no honey donít go there. Thatís where Bob lives.Ē

And for goodness sake this year donít wear that freaking John Wayne Gacy, Clown costume. You freak everyone out including the parents. Just keep it on the low down and watch some TV Bob.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181365 Oct 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Sox drop game two.
"Flood malarkey" the result?
Our good Music Doctor is not into baseball. So I guess he doesn't believe in "Boston Strong."

Should be a good game tonight!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#181366 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Everyday is proof that God is real? Really? For you to say that, and to actually believe it, means you have no scientific background on how planets are formed. You are no different from the ancient goat herder's that looked up at the night sky and because they could not have possibly understood what they were seeing, attributed it to a mythical being. These people had NO other choice than to believe in a magical being that created the cosmos, they had NO science. You, on the other hand, have mountains of information available to you, specifically on how planets and stars are formed. You either can't read, are unable to comprehend what is written, or choice to remain ignorant. Being willfully ignorant is one of the worst traits a person can have. "Everyday is proof of God." What a childish and simplistic statement. You should be ashamed that you have not advanced beyond the mentality of ignorant goat herders.
Michael Kaku and many other scientist say the same thing, the more they learn the more they believe. You re too stuck with that minor league crowd that teach.
LCNLin

United States

#181367 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, no conversations with the scientifically illiterate!!!!
RED SOX need to win tonight

With the World Series down to a best-of-five as the Red Sox and Cardinals take the festivities to Busch Stadium, here's a look at five keys for Boston in Saturday night's Game 3...

1. Get something from the bottom of the lineup.
Since Mike Napoli's three-run double in the first inning of Game 1, the Nos. 5-9 spots in the Red Sox lineup have combined to go 2-for-33 (0.61)-- and one of those hits was the Stephen Drew popup that fell between befuddled pitcher Adam Wainwright and catcher Yadier Molina early in the series opener.

Throw in a couple of walks and a sacrifice fly, and that half of the Sox lineup has reached base at a .111 clip against the Cardinals over that same span, and what's scary is the bottom of the order is about to be thinned out even further. Saturday night they'll put Jake Peavy into that portion of the lineup, while removing Napoli, because the National League doesn't allow the designated hitter. It'll stay that way through Game 5.

Obviously the Sox survived the struggles of their lower-half to win Game 1, but Game 2 showed why that might not be sustainable. Against a team with a bullpen as talented as St. Louis' is, a team can't afford to give away innings, or even at-bats. It's going to be difficult for the Sox to score late in games, so it's imperative that they keep the line moving, and turn the lineup over frequently enough that their big bats have a chance to do damage. Those batters in the 6, 7, and 8 spots don't necessarily need to drive in runs, or score themselves -- but every time they draw a walk or get a hit, the Sox get one batter closer to Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz, both of whom are hot.

In an effort to help that, John Farrell will use Daniel Nava -- he of the eighth-best average and fifth-best OBP in the AL this season -- as his left fielder for Game 3. And while Drew might look like a lost cause at this point in what's been a dreadful postseason offensively, here's one reason to think he could come around:

Before going 3-for-4 with a double and a triple on May 26, Drew was 1 for his previous 24. Before going 4-for-5 with a homer and two doubles on June 4, he was 2 for 23. Before going 3-for-5 on June 21, he was 7 for 47. And before going 3-for-4 with two homers and five RBIs on July 27, he was 1 for 15.

The point is, Drew has shown a tendency to bust out of slumps in a big, bold way. The Sox can't expect that to happen Saturday -- but, if it does, it might be exactly what they need to win Game 3.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#181368 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>As far as the IRS targeting religious groups, they absolutely should. Churches pay NO taxes, and anyone with a crazy idea can form a religion and escape paying taxes. I can declare that the fish gods from Neptune created the universe. I could form a church around that belief......mmm, let see, I'll call it The Neptunian Religion. Now, do you think I should be tax exempt?
BTW, I have just as much evidence that the Fish Gods from Neptune created the universe as you do for God doing the same, that evidence is...zero!!!
The trick includes that you don't own anything your non-profit organization owns, so yes it should be this way.
GL however finding a following to support this fish god enterprise.
It exists on donations alone, so you could put all your personal profits into this and be exempt , but unless you have supporters making donations ...it is a losing proposition.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181369 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Do these morons even realize that they are the greatest proof that their religion is based on lies and ignorance ?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181370 Oct 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Kaku and many other scientist say the same thing, the more they learn the more they believe. You re too stuck with that minor league crowd that teach.
Thank you for mentioning Dr. Kaku.

"This week Dr. Kaku addresses how physics has revolutionized mathematics. In the video below, Dr. Kaku says we might imagine God as we know him to be a mathematician: "The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God."

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/math-is...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181371 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Iím sure anyone who wanted to be saved could have been saved. Just like you my good man.
Even the little babies?

You have continued to **ignore** this pointed question.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181372 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All the kids will be coming around tonight for Halloween treats. Be sure to turn off your lights.
Their Moms & Dads should know,ďOh no honey donít go there. Thatís where Bob lives.Ē
And for goodness sake this year donít wear that freaking John Wayne Gacy, Clown costume. You freak everyone out including the parents. Just keep it on the low down and watch some TV Bob.
I quit doing Halloween years ago-- you hypocrite christians would send your teen age kids around and trash the neighborhood.

I used to do it for the little ones-- but due to Christian Poisoning of the holiday?

Little kids are no longer allowed out and about.

You should be proud: Your sort has killed a children's holiday.

Due to your ugly hate-beliefs.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181373 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do these morons even realize that they are the greatest proof that their religion is based on lies and ignorance ?
They are utterly impervious to self-criticism.

As the fictional House character said?

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"
~ Dr Gregory House

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,374,420
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr IB DaMann 9,511
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 6 hr Ela 39
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr cpeter1313 310,940
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed Jesse 201,845
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web