Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255523 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181341 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Does that mean the NAACP is a religion? What about MADD? Unions? Professional organizations?
Those are all organizations. They make demands. They scream for attention.
Are they all religions?
No?
Again - all atheism is is the lack of belief in deities.
Just because you need the crutch of religion, doesn't mean everyone does..
Old Davy-boy is a uber-conservitive. So, likely he does believe the groups you mentioned are religious groups...

... his brain is damaged in that way.

Sad, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181342 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If "everyday" was proof of a god's existence, you'd be able to prove a causal link between your particular god (versus all of the other gods ever worshipped) and you'd be able to have some sort of verifiable proof that your particular god was responsible for the day.
You don't. You never have.
If you did have proof, there would be no need for "faith."
Keep swinging, Mighty Casey.
Poor Robert... his brain has no verifiable connection with any reality than anyone has observed.

It's kind of sad to witness, isn't it?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181343 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't much difference between religion and ideologies. It's the focus of them.
You deny the existence of a deity in chorus with others, not by yourself.
Your mind is too simple for the subtleties of reality. Easy pickings for cults like neo-atheism.
LOL...in other words, no - there is no proof of your god's existence.

Thanks...we know.

Location hidden

#181344 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Davy-boy is a uber-conservitive. So, likely he does believe the groups you mentioned are religious groups...
... his brain is damaged in that way.
Sad, isn't it?
Its not so much sad as it is creepy.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181345 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not so much sad as it is creepy.
The bogeyman is always around to get you if you ain't careful.

Your focus on blaming religion for all the ills of humanity leaves your ass wide open.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181346 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't much difference between religion and ideologies. It's the focus of them.
They all shamelessly lie in the same way
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny the existence of a deity in chorus with others, not by yourself.
Wrong is disbelief - we disbelieve your evidence-less lies about god being real (or mattering at all)
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is too simple for the subtleties of reality. Easy pickings for cults like neo-atheism.
Says the liar with no proof of god who runs away when asked to back up his religious lies.

Atheism is a simple belief in your stupid sh*t, its isn't a cult, its the simple conclusion after all your religious idiot liars have finished talking rubbish with no evidence.

Location hidden

#181347 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your focus on blaming religion for all the ills of humanity leaves your ass wide open.
Failed creationists like to threaten atheists with their imagination, but it doesn't work. Will they ever learn? will you ever get cured from your antisocial mental illness? Probably not.

Concentrate on proving the god your cult sent you here to lie about and eventually if you are smart, you will become atheist.

lying 24/7 is no way to live dave.

Location hidden

#181348 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where have I blamed religion for anything?

So many lies you so desperately tell...

Location hidden

#181349 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the planet are religious correct, but the majority of the planet is also hungry.

The majority of the planet is uneducated, impoverished & unemployed too.

I prefer to get my facts from scientists, instead of homeless desperate liars who can't even add 2+2 thanks.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181350 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those people didn't believe in the monotheistic God. The Supreme Creator. They were disposable. Just make more.
People is an encompassing term. You do realize that according to evolution and the Bible ALL OF THE PEOPLE sprang from two. So the term people covers a lot of territory. Out of all of that bunch a certain breed with certain traits, such as a belief in the Almighty instead of themselves as the master of the universe, were chosen to carry on, and even then reluctantly. Do be advised that those selected did carry the genes of that first couple. Now that couple did not have to exist at the same time. Even Adam and Eve were not born at the same time, and the story goes she originated from Adam's assemblage.
The whole damned herd was culled.
I know you are incapable of making connections, thinking in the abstract and metaphorically. It is easier for your mental capabilities to just rant against some words you might not understand and apply that rant to the whole of existence and its causation. The intellectual prowess you can bring to bear in understanding things is most impressive and remarkable.
Sorry, no conversations with the scientifically illiterate!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181351 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Early-term abortions are easy to do, too-- elsewhere from the US?
There has been a nice pill that gets the job done, pronto-- no messy intrusive surgeries, none of that.
It's been in use for decades-- but not **here** due to the religious bigots who think **they** are **god** or something.
And religion poisons everything continues.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181352 Oct 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the planet are religious correct, but the majority of the planet is also hungry.
The majority of the planet is uneducated, impoverished & unemployed too.
I prefer to get my facts from scientists, instead of homeless desperate liars who can't even add 2+2 thanks.
X=1

2=2/X

2+2=4/X

You won't understand that. Which we can add to your collection. However, you are in the majority of the planet as far as that goes.

Refer to your BBT.

But to help you grasp that, and count, your fingers are a fraction of you.

You won't grasp that, either.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181354 Oct 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to force you to, are they?
<quoted text>
So is birth. Don't you remember?
<quoted text>
Birth?
<quoted text>
God doesn't exist. Birth and abortion do exist.
Turn your dial to Reality and then we can discuss the issues rationally.
<quoted text>
Women do. It is, after all, their body. Do you disagree?
<quoted text>
I worked in a morgue for some time. I've seen deaths that would boggle your mind. If you die in your sleep or if you die with a car key in your brain (real death), it doesn't matter. You still had to visit River Tam.
<quoted text>
All infants are atheist. The unborn aren't infants, are they?
<quoted text>
Unborn children are like undead children.
They don't exist.
Just like Teh God...
All I can say is I disagree. A birth of a child is a exciting and beautiful thing to watch.

There may be some cases where an abortion is necessary. But abortion as birth control method is just wrong. That unborn child is not just the mothers. Half of it’s make up came from the father.

The fetus as it’s properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain.

Many fathers don’t want something that is a part of them terminated. That means executed in a barbaric and crude fashion. Why does it matter to me? I’m a tax payer and a person that feels murdering a fetus just because they’re not wanted is wrong.

And the mother had a choice as did the father before conception in most cases. Fetuses are not Atheist as I have said many times before. That is an atheist position. A ridiculous one at that.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181355 Oct 26, 2013
<Eagle 12 wrote>

"The fetus as it’s properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain."

So the fetuses that were destroyed in the global flood could have heard, and felt in the womb. Do you suppose they felt the pain as the terrified mother was drowning? Just curious. You seem to have an answer for most things concerning your God, so I was thinking that maybe you would know this also. Thanks for any information you can supply!!!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181356 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I DO NOT support late term abortions, I do think it is wrong. But I think that a women has the ultimate decision as it is her body. I do agree with early abortions in the first or second trimeters, especially in rape cases and unwanted teen pregnancy. Some where there was to be consideration for the baby if it is going to be born with severe birth defects, and who's life my be full of pain or shorted considerably. I think early abortion is ok if the life of the women is in danger, or her health. And I agree that sex education, especially from parents, is an effective way of limiting abortions.
Now too your God. Why do you NOT have a problem with him murdering little babies and destroying unborn fetuses, many of them late term, and some on the verge of being born? I do know that you will dodge the question or resort to your other favorite tactic and thats deflecting the question by changing the subject. You're very good at this by the way.
Thank goodness you take a position against late term abortions.

I’m not sure what incident you are referring too on God murdering children and destroying unborn fetuses.

We have already previously discussed war and war times. So I must assume you are talking about the Noah’s flood. So here is my answer.

On Sept 8th 1900 a cat 4 hurricane hit Galveston Texas. Back in those days there was no warning or heed to get out. So this storm came upon the people unaware. 6000-12000 people died as the wall of water came crashing in on them.

But today as you are aware that the NOAA does an outstanding job of warning government and citizens. Now Doctor, is NOAA guilty of murdering people if those people choose not to head to the warnings?

Noah preached and forewarned the population prior to the flood. Most likely many in the community helped in this massive construction job of building the Ark. It was like a government job. People come to work everyday and worked on building the Ark.

How were they were paid, I don’t know. I just think Noah had lots of help in this construction job. Now is it God’s fault people didn’t heed to the warning? And you want to call God a murder. Well you don’t think NOAA is guilty of murder. Why should God be?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181357 Oct 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is I disagree. A birth of a child is a exciting and beautiful thing to watch.
There may be some cases where an abortion is necessary. But abortion as birth control method is just wrong. That unborn child is not just the mothers. Half of it’s make up came from the father.
The fetus as it’s properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain.
Many fathers don’t want something that is a part of them terminated. That means executed in a barbaric and crude fashion. Why does it matter to me? I’m a tax payer and a person that feels murdering a fetus just because they’re not wanted is wrong.
And the mother had a choice as did the father before conception in most cases. Fetuses are not Atheist as I have said many times before. That is an atheist position. A ridiculous one at that.
Im still wondering about the religious people who could not get to the Ark, and even if they had, there would have been no room for them. You seem to be purposely avoiding my question, why is that?

Do you think there were people at that time living in Australia, South America, China, Egypt, Russia, Africa, the Polynesian Islands, New Zealand?
LCNLin

United States

#181358 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And religion poisons everything continues.
Additional Irish Malarkey instead of logic.
He seems rattled at bit

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181359 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And religion poisons everything continues.
Yes it does... religion poisons the mind.

Proof is all around us: the god-bots on Topix demonstrate quite severe brain damage.
LCNLin

United States

#181360 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<Eagle 12 wrote>
"The fetus as it’s properly called is alive. It has a life and can hear and feel while it is in the womb. It feels hunger and pain."
So the fetuses that were destroyed in the global flood could have heard, and felt in the womb. Do you suppose they felt the pain as the terrified mother was drowning? Just curious. You seem to have an answer for most things concerning your God, so I was thinking that maybe you would know this also. Thanks for any information you can supply!!!
Red Sox drop game two.
"Flood malarkey" the result?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181361 Oct 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Im still wondering about the religious people who could not get to the Ark, and even if they had, there would have been no room for them. You seem to be purposely avoiding my question, why is that?
Do you think there were people at that time living in Australia, South America, China, Egypt, Russia, Africa, the Polynesian Islands, New Zealand?
You’re talking hypothetically Doctor.

Call up the World Census for the time in question. Then we can discuss more specifics of who was where.

I’m sure anyone who wanted to be saved could have been saved. Just like you my good man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,396,178
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 36 min litesong 9,878
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Junket 311,358
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web