Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256542 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#181134 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong but I think most Atheist are pro abortion....
You are wrong.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181135 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look...
Opinions with NO proof !
once again :-)
Ah! Another lying POS Christer has come here to prove his religion is that of liars, idiots, lunatics and scumbags.

Thanks!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181136 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "abortionist."
No, in this case its called the global flood. God seems to have no problem destroying unborn fetuses as he did during the great world-wide flood. How many pregnant women do you suppose were on the planet at that time. At least women going for an abortion have made a choice. The poor women who were pregnant at the time of the flood has NO CHOICE, God made it for them.

You should try and be more like your God, abortion's shouldn't bother you at all. They certainly didn't bother God!!!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#181137 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Proof? Sure..ready...Ok, flip open your holy book and turn to the page where God murders all of the Egyptian first born male..........cool eh, Ok now turn the the part that describes how your God tok a hissy fit and flooded the entire globe. How many pregnant women do you suppose there were at that time? Some fun eh!!!!
Exactly.

These Christers don't even know what their own magic book says!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181138 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We shall talk later my good Music Doctor.
This is World Series week and guess who playing in your back yard? I hope that you take some time and enjoy America’s game.
I live about a hour and half from St.Louis. I don’t call myself a Cards fan but hey my Grandson is, lol.
So we shall see if Lobster Nation can beat Cardinal Nation.
Best wishes [Tipping Hat]
backyard indeed. The ball park is about a block from the college. I have classes until 8:00 so I'm sure I'll hear the yelling when I come out. I'm more of a hockey fan but am excited to see the sox come from dead last a year ago, to a 1 up lead in the world series.
LCNLin

United States

#181139 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You probably should get out more, maybe try a visit to the local science museum, or are they lying as well. I'm sure if you do some research you'll find that the very reliable National Geographic organization is part of the world-wide conspiracy to discredit the religious idea that man sprang from a pile of dirt. They are part of the same world-wide conspiracy involving 99.9% of ALL scientists world-wide.
So,lets take a tally here and see exactly who is taking part in this world-wide conspiracy.

1.) 99.9% of ALL scientists world-wide.

2) The National Geographic organization and all affiliated organizations
3.) Every science museum world-wide
4.) Every biology book containing evolutionary facts dealing with the evolution of man.
5.) Every library world-wide that contain books dealing with the evolution of man.
6.) Every college world-wide that has classes dealing with evolution and the evolution of man.
Lets see, did I forget anything? Nope. It would appear there is a considerable movement under foot to discredit the man from dirt idea.
Have you ever thought of starting your own movement to combat this world-wide conspiracy? Let me know how i can help.. LOL
Fallacy of bandwagon on number one.

No proof of the atheist philosophy/religion
Amusing
LCNLin

United States

#181140 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! Another lying
POS Christer
has come here to prove his religion is that of liars, idiots, lunatics and scumbags.
Thanks!
A bit of childish name calling
People often have different opinions.
HIS opinion seems the only one that counts
...in HIS opinion. LOL
Again an example of atheist inability to tolerate the views of others.
Waiting for his proof of his atheist philosophy ...
Amusing
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181141 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing
Nope, it's true, sorry for your loss.

I have provided proof three times now, but since you have serious problems with comprehension, here is my PROOF, One more time. I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD. Now that was simple.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#181142 Oct 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing
No religion found in atheism
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181143 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>backyard indeed. The ball park is about a block from the college. I have classes until 8:00 so I'm sure I'll hear the yelling when I come out. I'm more of a hockey fan but am excited to see the sox come from dead last a year ago, to a 1 up lead in the world series.
My good man![Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181144 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, in this case its called the global flood. God seems to have no problem destroying unborn fetuses as he did during the great world-wide flood. How many pregnant women do you suppose were on the planet at that time. At least women going for an abortion have made a choice. The poor women who were pregnant at the time of the flood has NO CHOICE, God made it for them.
You should try and be more like your God, abortion's shouldn't bother you at all. They certainly didn't bother God!!!!!
They had a choice, "Should I play it safe and get in the life boat?”

The Atheist of the time decided it was all a hoax, a myth by a mythical God.

Then slowly came the big drops of rain. The lightning with the extra loud K-BOOM, followed by the monsoon.

They had a choice but because of unbelief they died.

Always remember Doctor, you also had a choice.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#181145 Oct 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
No religion found in atheism
I know you are in Europe but our Federal Courts here in the US disagree. I happen to disagree with the Federal Courts but it's the law of our land.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181146 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then slowly came the big drops of rain. The lightning with the extra loud K-BOOM, followed by the monsoon.
I'm always stunned when Christians tell this story with such glee. According to you, your god killed almost everyone on the planet, including all the children and babies (who didn't have a "choice" by the way) and you guys think it is just the most awesome thing.

What a horrifying religion.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#181147 Oct 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it's true, sorry for your loss.
I have provided proof three times now, but since you have serious problems with comprehension, here is my PROOF, One more time. I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD. Now that was simple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism#Crit...

That is your movement.

Read the whole article.

So many disaffected simple minded idiots for them to save the world.

Onward Atheist soldier!

Marching off to war

With the brain of Dawkins

Going on before.

Hmmm..we need a catchy tune to go with that. Can you think of one?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181148 Oct 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism#Crit...
That is your movement.
Read the whole article.
So many disaffected simple minded idiots for them to save the world.
Onward Atheist soldier!
Marching off to war
With the brain of Dawkins
Going on before.
Hmmm..we need a catchy tune to go with that. Can you think of one?
Your cult of liars doesn't matter until it can prove the god it fails at selling us.

Location hidden

#181149 Oct 24, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always stunned when Christians tell this story with such glee. According to you, your god killed almost everyone on the planet, including all the children and babies (who didn't have a "choice" by the way) and you guys think it is just the most awesome thing.
What a horrifying religion.
Religious mental illnesses are a danger to society. Unfortunately we have to deal with liars who cover up for their cult and excuse it's horrors with shameless cult lies.

Location hidden

#181150 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Old and tired Pascal's wager from the simpleton who can't prove his god.

Remember, you cannot threaten an atheist with your imagination.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181151 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it now, Atheism is lack of a belief in deities.
So is a bag of rocks.
Correct. The **base** state of being, is unbelief.

That is the foundation on which everyone starts.

Where you go from there? Is up to where you were **born** and how gullible you are.

Religion absolutely **requires** gullibility.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181152 Oct 24, 2013
JPo wrote:
So let's say you're an atheist who believes evolution explains the origin of man. If you have no expertise in evolutionary biology where do you derive your "belief" and "confidence?"
Easy!

There are literally 1000's of resources that PROVE evolution to the curious.

I am so sorry you missed them all...

... but here's a nice start:

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181153 Oct 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I'm asking, who came first, male or female? Regaurdless what science is involved, I would just love to have a real answer. Or did twins of the opposite sex hatch?
Are you also saying evolution is not involved in abiogenesis?
Both: sexual dimorphism stems from early hermaphrodites.

A lovely modern example is the lowly earthworm-- which is **both** male **and** female at the same time, but cannot self-fertilize.

Eventually sexual dimorphism came from that-- slowly over billions of generations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,417,431
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 311,598
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 18 hr Into The Night 10,059
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Trojan 32,323
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web