Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181003 Oct 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are so much more scientific, you adopt the mythical being scooping up a pile of dirt and blowing on it to magically produce a fully formed male, theory. VERY scientific indeed. LOL
No mythical being Doctor. But a real engineer, designer and architect. All in one.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181004 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what atheism is about. I was raised with an Atheist father. And he was hard core Atheist.
Iím just telling you Atheism requires belief in what is not known. When we delve into the very beginning of all life. The trigger mechanism that started it all. The complexity of DNA and RNA strands to make advance life forms.
Atheist donít know but accept that it happened. Creation of life from a sterile environment all by itself. Itís never been done by science. That should tell you thatís itís not easy to do. Because it has never ever happened all on its own.
You've got me.

I secretly believe that a band of magic pixies who live on the back of a unicorn actually created the universe.

Again: all atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities.

Nothing more, nothing less.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181005 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would go as far to say 100% of all scientist believe evolution is a fact. Thereís no way to dispute it.
However not everyone embraces every aspect of evolution. Certain aspects yes others not so much.
Now if you are talking about the evolution of mankind. No one can deny that knowledge has been an evolutionary process for man.
But evolution of mankind as saying we mutated from apes. It takes a wild imagination, artist conceptions, and a hell of a lot of speculation.
According to evolution who came first? The male or female or did they just appear together?
You need to bone up on your education concerning the evolution of man. Nowhere does it state that man "mutated" from apes. The fact that the great apes are a part of our heritage is a far cry from mutating from apes.

Just a suggestion, you might want to actually do some research on the evolution question you just asked. That way you'll know for sure and won't be relying on someone for information. Please tey and remember this, its extremely important.'To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to KNOW when someone is full of shit."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181006 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, why are you so angry all the time? It's like your spring is wound too tight.
Have you been pissed off your entire life?
Chill man, relax.
That post was NOT directed at you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181007 Oct 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got me.
I secretly believe that a band of magic pixies who live on the back of a unicorn actually created the universe.
Again: all atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities.
Nothing more, nothing less.
In order to support a building it must have load bearing walls or columns. Atheism needs these load bearing columns. Atheist try to use science or pseudo science to support their belief thereís no deity.

Your attempt to separate yourself from the question that neither science or Atheist can answer. How did life start on the Earth?

Because you canít answer the question. You can only speculate thereís no deity. If science could have easily had life self create in a sterile environment. Then that would put holes in the intelligent design argument, wouldnít it?

What science has shown us. Life is incredibly complicated. And scientist have not been able to recreate simple life forms from a sterile environment. Much less more complex life. Those life forms that have been created were done so with a lot of bioengineering.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#181008 Oct 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That post was NOT directed at you.
I realize that but why are you so angry? I mean do you ever have any peace and joy? You are pissed off all the freaking time. Life is short Doctor to be angry all the time.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#181009 Oct 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You need to bone up on your education concerning the evolution of man. Nowhere does it state that man "mutated" from apes. The fact that the great apes are a part of our heritage is a far cry from mutating from apes.
Just a suggestion, you might want to actually do some research on the evolution question you just asked. That way you'll know for sure and won't be relying on someone for information. Please tey and remember this, its extremely important.'To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to KNOW when someone is full of shit."
No, it says we mutated from the ancestors of amoebas. Maybe your brain did.

The correct way to phrase it would be we were assembled from the same things amoebas, and ape ancestors were. Common building blocks of molecules adjusted to match the prevailing environment that then get weathered a bit.

Your linear mutation to go from single celled beasties would require a whole lot of oddities springing up on existing models on a continuing basis that just aren't there. You don't see much in the way of missing links in fossils, and you see defects, not adaptations growing, on existing models.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#181010 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to support a building it must have load bearing walls or columns. Atheism needs these load bearing columns. Atheist try to use science or pseudo science to support their belief thereís no deity.
Your attempt to separate yourself from the question that neither science or Atheist can answer. How did life start on the Earth?
Because you canít answer the question. You can only speculate thereís no deity. If science could have easily had life self create in a sterile environment. Then that would put holes in the intelligent design argument, wouldnít it?
What science has shown us. Life is incredibly complicated. And scientist have not been able to recreate simple life forms from a sterile environment. Much less more complex life. Those life forms that have been created were done so with a lot of bioengineering.
Atheism "needs" nothing - all atheism is is a lack of a belief in deities.

But, hey, keep swinging away if it somehow buttresses your wavering faith.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181011 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would go as far to say 100% of all scientist believe evolution is a fact. Thereís no way to dispute it.
However not everyone embraces every aspect of evolution. Certain aspects yes others not so much.
Now if you are talking about the evolution of mankind. No one can deny that knowledge has been an evolutionary process for man.
But evolution of mankind as saying we mutated from apes. It takes a wild imagination, artist conceptions, and a hell of a lot of speculation.
According to evolution who came first? The male or female or did they just appear together?
I'm here to help you, please believe me. When you ask me "according to evolution who came first male of female." Means you do not know the meaning of evolution. You're talking about abiogenesis, how life came to be, evolution is simply hereditary changes in a population over long period of time, thats it, nothing more. Evolution does not address the origins of life, nor of the universe as many Theists try and propose. Change over time, plain and simply.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181012 Oct 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it says we mutated from the ancestors of amoebas. Maybe your brain did.
The correct way to phrase it would be we were assembled from the same things amoebas, and ape ancestors were. Common building blocks of molecules adjusted to match the prevailing environment that then get weathered a bit.
Your linear mutation to go from single celled beasties would require a whole lot of oddities springing up on existing models on a continuing basis that just aren't there. You don't see much in the way of missing links in fossils, and you see defects, not adaptations growing, on existing models.
Being scientifically illiterate must be a horrible thing.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#181013 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And because science can't as yet answer that question you feel perfectly ok with inserting an imaginary being as the cause. No proof, no hypothesis, no actual science, just insert this God thing as factual. At least science will speculate, draw a hypothesis, test the hypothesis, move on when new information is found. Do you do any of that? No, you simply assert that your favorite delusion is the answer.

Science has created the building blocks of life from non-life, so we KNOW it is entirely possible for life to come from non-life. We know this because science has tested and retested and applied different approaches. You have done, no testing, have no explored other approaches, you just sit back and proclaim your God is the cause.

Life forms were not created, they EVOLVED to become more complex. From simple to complex, thats how evolution operates, there was and is no need for a "bioengineer" Where is your proof for this bioengineer? I can produce proof for evolution, I guess that makes my answer much more valid than yours.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#181014 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to support a building it must have load bearing walls or columns. Atheism needs these load bearing columns.
What?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist try to use science or pseudo science to support their belief thereís no deity.
Which atheists? Can you name them?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What intelligent design argument?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with atheism?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181015 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, did you ever spray for roaches?
Wow.... you just cannot get enough put downs, can you?

So very Jesus of you it is, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181016 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I don't speak or write goat. No wonder you don't understand. Go eat some hay.
More put-downs.

You are more Jesus than ever...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181017 Oct 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular humanism seems to be the philosophy espoused by just about every single Topix atheist. Another derivation and sect of Christianity.
Many of them want to be the spiritual leaders of it. Such as you, IANS, and Brother Bob of QM.
Your jealousy is duly noted.

How cute.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181018 Oct 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Morality predates religion.
<quoted text>
Indeed it does.

But until religion was invented, heresy didn't exist at all.

The "crime" of heresy is just an excuse to murder people, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181019 Oct 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I have actually never offered any explanation as to the origin to life on earth or the creation of the earth itself. I have never stated what I believe or know about the subject. But, hey, nice lie.
I don't need to prove how the earth began to not believe in elves, unicorns, pixies, leprechauns or - wait for it - deities.
All atheism is is the lack of a belief in deities.
That you are so uncomfortable with this concept says far more about you than it does about atheists.
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181020 Oct 22, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>And religion has nothing to do with morality.
(Haven't we been here before?:-)
Exactly!

It takes **secular** advances in society to force religion to change.

Religion itself **never** changes itself-- that is **always** imposed from without.

Proof-positive that religion has no morality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181021 Oct 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Absolutely. Dave seems to think religion came first though, the nutter!
<quoted text>
Well... he also believes in magical, invisible "friends".

Go figure.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181022 Oct 22, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not science, it's evolution which is clearly unintelligent
Evolution **is** science, you ignorant moron.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,155,632
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 28,453
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 2 hr ivyawe 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 307,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 20 hr Lora_14 10
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Wed IBdaMann 2,731
More from around the web