Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
173,541 - 173,560 of 225,716 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

I also note you amend people's posts.
Cults like you do that all the time.
You can't survive without lying.
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when an atheist proves how ugly he/she is. I'll make sure I show this to at least 10 people tomorrow.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
By the way, what's your aversion to unbelievers asking questions or making comments about religion all about? Isn't that how we learn from and teach one another?
< crickets chirping >
Robert Stevens wrote:
Great you are proud to be rude.
I don't accept your definition of rude. Questioning faith is an appropriate activity. Every idea should be questioned.
Robert Stevens wrote:
All of what you say is off topic
I also reject your opinion of what the topic is, and what discussion is appropriate for this thread.

You seem to want to control the parameters of discussion. The Internet makes that impossible. That must be quite frustrating to you. I know that it is to the church.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I would hate to be in a country that your rude sort rule. You only prove my point why your sort should never be elected into a high office.
You just accused me of being rude and off-topic, right before typing those words.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
There is a Satan and a Christian God.
Given those beliefs, in what sense are you not a Christian? Keeping in mind that no two Christians completely agree in their belief set, do you think others should make a distinction between you and the people with the same beliefs, attitudes, and posting mannerisms that that call themselves Christians? If so, on what basis?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
In my book you offer the worse part of religion, without any of it's good.
What's the good part?
< sound of pin dropping >

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
Now if you [Robert Stevens] could refrain from calling me all the names and berating me for having and sharing my personal answer that would be wonderful.
It appears that he cannot. I'm sure that you understand that you should expect more personal abuse if you care to express opinions that question or challenge his. Also, you won't get answers. Those seem to be his terms.

Neither of those is a deal breaker for me. I'm still happy to interview him.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Robert....you do REALIZE that your soul belongs to Satan the Wicked One, don't you, Robert??
<quoted text>
I disagree. You have a soul, I have a soul, Marlowe has a soul...he's the one who convinced me of it.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
We don't need to believe in buybull god to believe in the soul.
What I don't understand is how some godbot can come along and claim that not believing in buybull god requires faith.
Hi there. Kaitlin.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Satan and a Christian God. It is a power of the human mind. You do more than I do to keep them going.
Christinaity says satan is the father of lies. You pray to your father every time you post your lies and BS in the name of your god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we can both agree here on something. Extremist that lack the ability to tolerate others can be very dangerous
to society and freedom as a whole.
But in your response you are lumping every religion into one large category. Itís the equivalent of lumping every chemical ever made and saying chemicals are bad and should be outlawed from society.
Not all chemicals are bad. In fact most have very beneficial uses in a modern society. But to say ďALLĒ chemicals are bad is being way too extreme.
Chlorine for example was used in chemical warfare in WWI. But today itís used to purify our water and swimming pools. Itís also a intermediate chemical in making other more complex beneficial chemicals. Think of the number of people who would die if Chlorine wasnít available for uses.
So your view Doctor is extreme and outside the mainstream when you stereotype every religion in the world. To say it more direct Sir, you are an extremist. You are one of the dangerous ones in your view.
Will you go as far as firebombing churches? I donít know if you know this but arson is always a grave concern when a church burns down. Because thereís always someone with an extreme viewpoint and think they should destroy property that is not their own.
Churches have been burned down with people inside them. They have been shot at with people inside. Now we are facing threats of gunmen coming inside and trying to kill everyone. Yes we can agree Doctor Extremism is dangerous.
See Iím not doing what youíre doing, stereotyping. I donít claim all Atheist are dangerous to society and Atheism in general is dangerous. The dangerous ones are those on the fringes of Atheism that hold these very bigoted and militant views.
Your religious bullsh*t is no match for scientific reality which guts your cult's lies every single day with hard evidence against your group mental illness.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You don't see a contradiction in that short comment?
Of course he can't. He's a Christian.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christinaity says satan is the father of lies. You pray to your father every time you post your lies and BS in the name of your god.
Exactly!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we can both agree here on something. Extremist that lack the ability to tolerate others can be very dangerous
to society and freedom as a whole.
But in your response you are lumping every religion into one large category. Itís the equivalent of lumping every chemical ever made and saying chemicals are bad and should be outlawed from society.
Not all chemicals are bad. In fact most have very beneficial uses in a modern society. But to say ďALLĒ chemicals are bad is being way too extreme.
Chlorine for example was used in chemical warfare in WWI. But today itís used to purify our water and swimming pools. Itís also a intermediate chemical in making other more complex beneficial chemicals. Think of the number of people who would die if Chlorine wasnít available for uses.
So your view Doctor is extreme and outside the mainstream when you stereotype every religion in the world. To say it more direct Sir, you are an extremist. You are one of the dangerous ones in your view.
Will you go as far as firebombing churches? I donít know if you know this but arson is always a grave concern when a church burns down. Because thereís always someone with an extreme viewpoint and think they should destroy property that is not their own.
Churches have been burned down with people inside them. They have been shot at with people inside. Now we are facing threats of gunmen coming inside and trying to kill everyone. Yes we can agree Doctor Extremism is dangerous.
See Iím not doing what youíre doing, stereotyping. I donít claim all Atheist are dangerous to society and Atheism in general is dangerous. The dangerous ones are those on the fringes of Atheism that hold these very bigoted and militant views.
I probably should have put a qualifier on my statement and only included the three major religions as dangerous, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish. I don't consider Buddhism and Janism as religions as there is no mythical God figure attached to them.

No, of course I would never resort to violence against any religion, that goes without saying, nor do I support anyone or any group that does.

Thee is NO ideology attached to Atheism, so even to suggest that Atheists are dangerous is silly. Please try and remember, no one has ever gone to war flying the banner of Atheism. I know exactly why you people do this, and in the end it only makes you all look stupid, but Atheism is simply a lack of belief. Theists..........believe in God, A which means against as in asymetric, A..Theist, rejects the belief in God.

I will agree with you that it is possible for some Atheists to be fanatical and commit violence, but we're talking about an individual or a small number of individuals, not an entire religion.

When people believe without evidence they fly planes into buildings, or the attempt to inhibit scientific and medical advancements like stem cell research, or they show up a grave sites and shout at grieving parents that their son was killed because God hates homosexuals, or the murder doctors at abortion clinics, or they strap bombs to themselves and murder innocent people, many of the children. Now let me ask you, when was the last time you can remember an Atheists doing any of these things? Please be honest.

I don't agree that I am stereotyping here, believing in something without evidence, or believing in something for NO good reason is dangerous. Along this line, I asked you a number of times for you to tell me what advantages are there to believing in God. Can you give me a good reason to believe in God? What action can a Theists do that can't be done by purely secular means?

Now a very serious question for you, purely hypothetical so don't dodge the issue. What if tomorrow it was discovered beyond doubt that NO God exits, how would your life change? You might ask me the same If tomorrow God appeared for every person on the planet to see and hear, I would believe. I would have serious questions .
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religious bullsh*t is no match for scientific reality which guts your cult's lies every single day with hard evidence against your group mental illness.
Potty Mouth Septic,
funny as she trolls but fails to
Just Prove Her atheist religion.

Your religious bullsh*t = mom is not home when she posts
<laughing>
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I probably should have put a qualifier on my statement and only included the three major religions as dangerous, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish. as there is no mythical God figure attached to them.
No, of course I would never resort to violence against any religion, that goes without saying, nor do I support anyone or any group that does.
Thee is NO ideology attached to Atheism, so even to suggest that Atheists are dangerous is silly. Please try and remember, no one has ever gone to war flying the banner of Atheism. I know exactly why you people do this, and in the end it only makes you all look stupid, but Atheism is simply a lack of belief. Theists..........believe in God, A which means against as in asymetric, A..Theist, rejects the belief in God.
I will agree with you that it is possible for some Atheists to be fanatical and commit violence, but we're talking about an individual or a small number of individuals, not an entire religion.
When people believe without evidence they fly planes into buildings, or the attempt to inhibit scientific and medical advancements like stem cell research, or they show up a grave sites and shout at grieving parents that their son was killed because God hates homosexuals, or the murder doctors at abortion clinics, or they strap bombs to themselves and murder innocent people, many of the children. Now let me ask you, when was the last time you can remember an Atheists doing any of these things? Please be honest.
I don't agree that I am stereotyping here, believing in something without evidence, or believing in something for NO good reason is dangerous. Along this line, I asked you a number of times for you to tell me what advantages are there to believing in God. Can you give me a good reason to believe in God? What action can a Theists do that can't be done by purely secular means?
Now a very serious question for you, purely hypothetical so don't dodge the issue. What if tomorrow it was discovered beyond doubt that NO God exits, how would your life change? You might ask me the same If tomorrow God appeared for every person on the planet to see and hear, I would believe. I would have serious questions .
Who cares about your opinions?
More generalization unsupported by facts.

"I don't consider Buddhism and Janism as religions..." = Trolling with Ego out front
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is christianity's best friend; without satan as its scapegoat for everything, it's got absolutely nothing.
Nonsensical drivel from a satanic worshipper. Of course we know satanic cults favor Atheist and Atheism.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The arguments are intended to promote rational thought and skepticism about god claims, not to fight the god. Part of disempowering the church is showing the logical inconsistencies and moral failings of its central character, the deity.
How do you get that we believe in this god from that activity?
I donít think you or your compadres are making a difference. Some battles and wars you just canít win. But as we saw with Saddam Hussein administration. Iraqis were claiming victory right up until Saddam was pulled from a hole in the ground.

Saddam came out of that hole like he was Punxsutawney Phil on groundhog day. So you are in the ground my friend and youíre going nowhere fast.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I probably should have put a qualifier on my statement and only included the three major religions as dangerous, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish. I don't consider Buddhism and Janism as religions as there is no mythical God figure attached to them.
to see and hear, I would believe. I would have serious questions .
Oil is a liquid and so is water. Mix the two and youíll see separation. Muslims and Christians donít mix either. Even though you are trying to containerize the two religions.

I hope you are sincere about being a non violent individual. Because I really do wonder how many militant Atheist here on topix have felony records or crimes buried in their past. The forest and desert is full of dead bodies that havenít been discovered.

You never know Doctor who is feeding off your radical extremist views. Even if you are not a felon, your words could be motivation for some deranged militant Atheist. Taking out his hate and aggression on some little Christian girl riding her bike in the neighborhood.

There has been these crazies in society such as Jeffrey Dahmer. A self confessed Athesit at the time and a serial killer with 17 known murders.

Now you have mentioned many times these radical terrorist they flew the planes into the WTC. Not once do you mention United Airlines Flight 93. Todd Beamer, a 33 year old student, father, faithful employee, Sunday School Teacher who lead the charge to take back the aircraft from these thugs. His famous last words,ďLetís Roll.Ē

No you donít want to mention Flight 93 or the heroics of those passengers who defied the terrorist. As far as your serious question goes. Itís a hypothetical and not applicable to me. But I will answer that question with a scripture. Iím sure you know Wayne Newton, Mr. Las Vegas. Well Wayne has a son named Ricky Newton, who lives in Houston Texas. Ricky is a Christian and this is also his favorite Scripture. And this scripture will answer you hypothetical question.

Romans 8:38-39
Amplified Bible (AMP)

38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things [a]impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You don't see a contradiction in that short comment?
As you being a Medical Doctor youíre well aware that the majority of heart disease is due to smoking, and poor diet habits. Not in every case we both understand but the majority.

Most of us have owned an automobile. Some cars last for years and others are junk after 10 years. Longevity depends on the owner and the preventive maintenance done on the vehicle. The human heart is no different. It all depends on the owner in the overwhelming majority of the cases.

So there is no contradiction.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he can't. He's a Christian.
Only a contradiction to the ill informed and the purposely biased. I.E. YouÖÖÖ.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil is a liquid and so is water. Mix the two and youíll see separation. Muslims and Christians donít mix either...
Neither do Christians and Christians nor Muslims and Muslims.

Your point failed.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot refute my statement? So you stoop to idiotic name-calling instead?
How cute.
If what you say were true? No atheist would ever be a successful ...**anything**...
... but that's clearly false:
Most actors are atheists.
Most musicians are atheists too.
Proving you are simply full of shyt as per your usual.
What would really be the use, your reading comprehension skills are too lacking for you to understand what is posted. Most of your post are too far off to refute. This one is a great example.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min Yeah 1,096,626
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr anonymous 26,978
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr STO 305,396
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••