Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257159 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180906 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he can't. He's a Christian.
Only a contradiction to the ill informed and the purposely biased. I.E. You……….

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#180907 Oct 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil is a liquid and so is water. Mix the two and you’ll see separation. Muslims and Christians don’t mix either...
Neither do Christians and Christians nor Muslims and Muslims.

Your point failed.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#180908 Oct 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot refute my statement? So you stoop to idiotic name-calling instead?
How cute.
If what you say were true? No atheist would ever be a successful ...**anything**...
... but that's clearly false:
Most actors are atheists.
Most musicians are atheists too.
Proving you are simply full of shyt as per your usual.
What would really be the use, your reading comprehension skills are too lacking for you to understand what is posted. Most of your post are too far off to refute. This one is a great example.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180909 Oct 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously clueless- I've never made that claim.
In fact? I've said the exact opposite on multiple occasions-- there are millions of different religions.
Which is ample proof that NO GODS are behind ANY.
Because any religion backed by a GOD?
Would soon overshadow all the rest.
That is YOUR VERSION of God, and one you stress so greatly. I can't believe you don't believe, in fact I don't. God grants free will, therefore, you will have many interpretations. The idea you don't believe in something and you "insist" it is an exact way. You betray yourself. It is too funny how many post you do it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180910 Oct 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you could refrain from calling me all the names and berating me for having and sharing my personal answer that would be wonderful. Thank you again.
If you were to observe closer, it is my response to my beliefs being questioned. I said I have faith, therefore I don't owe proof.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180911 Oct 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you understand how we feel about the Christian church encroaching into government. I don't particularly appreciate it turning the Pledge of Allegiance into a prayer, nor the currency into religious tracts.
I'll give you this, we do agree that "In God We Trust" should not printed on our money. In my case I say is disrespects God.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180912 Oct 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How timely to run across this almost immediately.
Do you feel that skeptics don't have the right to try to get that phrase expunged from the Pledge? Why would a skeptic pledge allegiance to a government that excludes and disrespects him with such an inclusion? Where's that government's allegiance to him?
No I don't, I do support their right to leave the country. How many of them would go into an atheist nation, then become theist. These people just like to disagree. This tread shows you that.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#180913 Oct 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
One nation under God. The pledge and US History as it is taught, I all part of a winning formula.
You moron dont even know history,or else youre Lying for Jebus,again

The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense founded on the Christian religion

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being.(For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion

www.nobeliefs.com
----
winning formula LLLL,,,so hows is that economy doing???
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#180914 Oct 21, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#180915 Oct 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is YOUR VERSION of God, and one you stress so greatly. I can't believe you don't believe, in fact I don't. God grants free will,...
first you need to prove god exists,

until that happens youre only making up BS

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#180916 Oct 21, 2013
A christard have again been down voting atheists
Pope Pimp

Portsmouth, VA

#180918 Oct 21, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNNBNFQ...

...the above topix is where you continue this topix....
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180919 Oct 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about your opinions?
More generalization unsupported by facts.
"I don't consider Buddhism and Janism as religions..." = Trolling with Ego out front
Please be so kind as to point the generalizations that are unsupported by facts, thanks!!!

Niether Buddhism or Janism have a God figure attached to their belief, That is a fact!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180920 Oct 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsensical drivel from a satanic worshipper. Of course we know satanic cults favor Atheist and Atheism.
Atheists refuse to believe in any unsupported entity and that would include Satan. God, Satan, Angels, Demons, Werewolves, Bigfoot, the list if long for imaginary being and things that people who exercise skepticism refuse to believe in. reason and logic along with critical thinking are also important.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180921 Oct 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t think you or your compadres are making a difference. Some battles and wars you just can’t win. But as we saw with Saddam Hussein administration. Iraqis were claiming victory right up until Saddam was pulled from a hole in the ground.
Saddam came out of that hole like he was Punxsutawney Phil on groundhog day. So you are in the ground my friend and you’re going nowhere fast.
I think we are making a dent in the armor of religion, especially among the younger generation. Do some research on a new and fast growing group who call themselves the "Nones"
LCNLin

United States

#180922 Oct 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheists refuse

to believe in any unsupported entity and that would include Satan. God, Satan, Angels, Demons, Werewolves, Bigfoot, the list if long for imaginary being and things that people who exercise skepticism refuse to believe in. reason and logic along with critical thinking are also important.
Some atheists,
You do not speak for all atheists.
Atheists yet to prove the atheist philosophy/religion.
Lots of dancing about the subject in a defensive mode
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#180923 Oct 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think we are making a dent in the armor of religion, especially among the younger generation. Do some research on a new and fast growing group who call themselves the "Nones"
Dent = "mumbo jumbo"

2% Atheist in the USA

Just Prove Atheism and then move on

LOL
LCNLin

United States

#180924 Oct 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is YOUR VERSION of God, and one you stress so greatly. I can't believe you don't believe, in fact I don't. God grants free will, therefore, you will have many interpretations. The idea you don't believe in something and you "insist" it is an exact way. You betray yourself. It is too funny how many post you do it.
Bob seems OCD with his defense of the atheist religion.
thousands of posts all saying the same with no proof of atheism
LOL
I dont believe in atheism

Portsmouth, VA

#180925 Oct 21, 2013
the dork lord requires you to click the link below here now

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNNBNFQ...

you will go to the indicated topix in order to continue

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#180926 Oct 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Some atheists,
You do not speak for all atheists.
Atheists yet to prove the atheist philosophy/religion.
Lots of dancing about the subject in a defensive mode
LOL
There is no atheist philosophy/religion.

All atheism is is the lack of belief in deities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 59 min Earthling-1 10,136
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr RoxLo 1,433,986
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr zach 311,926
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,407
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web