Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180843 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course you’re right. Man was created in Gods image. We are like our heavenly Father in Engineering achievements. Thank you for pointing that out.
You got it backwards, there--

The hateful deity you worship?

Is a reflection of your own inner hate and jealousy.

What else, since you created your god in your image!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180844 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
His design works so well that “heart transplants” are still ongoing because nothing works like his design.
Nope-- I demolished the "design" of the human heart:

The human heart-- is an example of truly abysmal "design".
It is exposed to literally all the blood in the body, over the course of a few minutes.
Yet? It was "designed" with a kludge blood supply of it's own.
It **could** have had direct micro-channels leading from the main ventricle-- such that pressure (during a beat) would drive blood into the microchannels, and relaxation and the lower pressure drives the blood back out again. Such a system would be clog-proof.
Even better? Losing any single microchannel would have zero effect on the heart's health-- the nearby microchannels could easily take up the slack.
And just like that? I, a mere human, have demonstrated a SUPERIOR design than what we must endure.
PROOF that if your god was responsible?
HE IS AN IDIOT-- DUMBER THAN I AM.
(and I'm not an engineer)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180845 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as your illusions about God.
Well, since all gods are fake?

Then, BY DEFINITION, all ideas of god are illusion.

Good!

You **are** an atheist!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180846 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you didn’t but nice try.
Actually, I did-- for more than 40 years.

Same answer every time: deafening silence.

The SAME ANSWER you get, each and every time: silence.

What else, from a myth?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180847 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I equate you Doctor and all of you Atheist here on Topix as serious fighters.
If you don’t believe in God as you claim. Then you are shadow boxing.
Then what does shadow boxing accomplish? What victory can you claim swinging at shadows?
This is why I sincerely believe you think God is real. If he wasn’t real you wouldn’t waste your time swinging at a imaginary opponent.
I fight evil when and however I am able.

The ugly god you pretend to worship? Evil.

Yes-- ideas can be evil-- and your god is nothing more than an ugly, horrible IDEA.

So we must fight that evil idea-- to prevent it from doing MORE HARM that it already has.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180848 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I equate you Doctor and all of you Atheist here on Topix as serious fighters.
If you don’t believe in God as you claim. Then you are shadow boxing.
Then what does shadow boxing accomplish? What victory can you claim swinging at shadows?
This is why I sincerely believe you think God is real. If he wasn’t real you wouldn’t waste your time swinging at a imaginary opponent.
And YOU must be an ATHEIST, for spending so much time arguing with atheists!

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180849 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that I'm not?
Because you are **not** magically special.

That is why.

Unless you think your god is UNJUST to an INFINITE degree?

For that would be the **ONLY** way that YOU have "special god experience" and NO ONE ELSE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180850 Oct 20, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you really believe in god. If you really believed in god you wouldn't even bother commenting on these atheist threads.
See how ridiculous you sound?
Yep.

He would simply pray to his god to ... prove himself to us ungodly atheists.

.... and ...*poof** magical god-proof suddenly appears in our heads like....

.... magic.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180851 Oct 20, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things work in reverse like a car for example.
But driving in reverse won’t get you very far.
Just so you know, you’re not going anywhere. Try driving forward.
Actually? There are races dedicated to cars going backwards the whole time.

You really need to get out more-- your experience is so ... limited.

No **wonder** you suck at debates.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#180852 Oct 20, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your description of atheism to be amazingly dramatic. You may have had your bad experiences with some atheists, but it is prejudice for you to make assumptions as to the person that I am based on other peoples statements or actions, and It's not appreciated.
I_see_you this is a very interesting response. Because it is standard with 90+% of the online atheist that post. I read the online atheist post as one part of the writing on the wall. I think this entire tread is a display of how much these guys lack dignity. Not only failing to admit the obvious which is they do have faith. Also further using this tread to question people who admit they have faith. This I want to bake you guys crap, how over dramatic is that. I just would never vote for one of you. I don't want you guys in my government.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180853 Oct 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone that does not acknowledge there is more than one religious faith.
You are seriously clueless- I've never made that claim.

In fact? I've said the exact opposite on multiple occasions-- there are millions of different religions.

Which is ample proof that NO GODS are behind ANY.

Because any religion backed by a GOD?

Would soon overshadow all the rest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180854 Oct 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The world according to Little Red Bobbing Hood.
Bullshit.
If what you say were true? No atheist would ever be a successful ...**anything**...
... but that's clearly false:
Most actors are atheists.
Most musicians are atheists too.
Proving you are simply full of shyt as per your usual.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180855 Oct 20, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not against any religion. I'm against religions that want to force themselves into the public's lives. I am part of society and I would like to be able to be free of religious propoganda (my choice of words). I have no problem with you speaking to me about it...sharing about it in conversations... however when it starts to become a staple in laws, government, politics... that's when it becomes a problem for me. Religion is a personal choice not a societal one.
One nation under God. The pledge and US History as it is taught, I all part of a winning formula.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#180856 Oct 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not debating what you are saying at all, it is your personal answer.
You should have quit at the word "debating".

You are not debating, that is 100% certain.

What you **are** doing is anybody's guess--

-- but whatever it is?

It's bullshyt.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180857 Oct 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ask you or don't ask anyone? And why not?
BTW, when I ask a question about the Christian god, it's a rhetorical question intended to demonstrate a point. I already know that what Christians call their god is whatever the individual Christian wants it to be, no two seeming to be able to agree about what that is, and few being less certain than the next.
By the way, what's your aversion to unbelievers asking questions or making comments about religion all about? Isn't that how we learn from and teach one another?
<quoted text>
That's terrible. How did you cope with that?
<quoted text>
That depends on the definition you're using.
If you mean religious faith, which is certitude without evidence that is refractory to evidence, then no, we don't all have that. You have that, but I don't.
If you mean ordinary secular belief or trust, which is evidence based, tentative, and amenable to change in the face of contradictory new evidence, then yes, we all have that.
Great you are proud to be rude. I really didn't need you to explain that to me. All of what you say is off topic. Thank God your faith is in a minority. I would hate to be in a country that your rude sort rule. You only prove my point why your sort should never be elected into a high office.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#180858 Oct 20, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Great you are proud to be rude. I really didn't need you to explain that to me. All of what you say is off topic. Thank God your faith is in a minority. I would hate to be in a country that your rude sort rule. You only prove my point why your sort should never be elected into a high office.
Your sort ruled in nazi germany

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180859 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I try not to assume any more than necessary, but you have to admit that you don't provide much information, so I am forced to make my best guesses.
<quoted text>
Who needs gods when we have advanced races to do the creating?
By the way, how did you learn this truth? Did I miss something?
So now I should have a conversation with someone that is responding to my post, and is no where in the ball park in regards to what he is responding to. To start a conversation with you I need a score card to explain to me who I am and what my stances are. I get a complete lecture on how and why I should defend a faith that is not mine. I'll say this for Christians. I am glad to be alive in one of their established countries. They offer better than what atheist do, and with that you should be happy.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180860 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry if you think I'm stupid. I'm doing my best to keep up with you.
I challenge faith because I consider it a logical error with adverse consequences for both the faith based thinker and those he/she influences. Did you know that one of the Supreme Court judges, Antonin Scalia, believes that Satan exists?
Reagan's Secretary of the Interior believed that an apocalypse was coming:
“We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan
And Francis Collins, the Director of the National Institutes of Health, is also a faith based thinker.
So, every American citizen has a large stake and a personal interest in the matter of faith based thinking.
Do you not think I have a duty to try to educate people about the dangers of faith based thought?
<quoted text>
Thanks for your understanding. So many theists are angry, bitter, small minded people.
<quoted text>
What's the good part?
There is a Satan and a Christian God. It is a power of the human mind. You do more than I do to keep them going.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180861 Oct 20, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary... the example that you gave is a horrible comparison. Just because I don't feel the same power that you feel when you talk about your god doesn't mean that I don't understand how powerful it is to you. I just don't understand why it is so powerful to you because I see things differently. Logically I cannot look at the existence of a god and say that it is plausible. Now if someday someone find some sort of evidence for this then I would have no reason to deny that evidence.
However for you to berate me or anyone else because of their opinion on the matter is uncalled for.
It's obvious that if you are telling me that I cannot claim to be a hundred percent correct, and then you turn around and say that you are a hundred percent correct, there will be an argument to follow. You are true to what you believe and that is fine as long as you aren't harming anyone else in the process, and the same goes for me, but you cannot expect someone to have a good attitude when you are constantly talking about how stupid and ignorant and wrong they are. That goes for either side of the fence bud.
The only thing that I claim to you, is that there is no evidence found for a god right now, and that is why most atheists do not believe in a god. Why you or anyone has a problem with that I will never understand. The only thing that is ever asked is that religion stay out of politics, and society's code of conduct. People have a right to have their own religions, but that does not mean everyone should have to follow their rules from that religion as well.... You would not want laws passed under other religions I'm sure. I do not want someone voted into office based on their religious choices...I want them voted into office based on what their intentions are for everyone involved.
I do believe you all do know yourselves. Reasons why you don't have a soul, or reasons why you wish to disconnect. It is no wonder why you do have a church. I advice you attend and take in their censes. I am sorry but, atheist do have trust issues.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#180862 Oct 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.
If what you say were true? No atheist would ever be a successful ...**anything**...
... but that's clearly false:
Most actors are atheists.
Most musicians are atheists too.
Proving you are simply full of shyt as per your usual.
OK say it again because if you say it last, it is then true. That too, is part of, The World According To Little Red Bobbing Hood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,583,550
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min On phartes 33,707
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 59 min weaponX 316,369
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web