Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#180565 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
All Geman cities were filled with Christians!
The allied air forces leveled them! Including Dresden, Where the greatest loss if life occurred.
WAR has NO RULES.
Kill or be killed. Winner take all.
Hamburg suffered the first known firestorm early in the war courtesy of the British.
So save your pity for the Japanese.
They reaped their own harvest just like the Germans. They had ZERO pity or compassion for prisoners.
And right here at home during the Civil War Gen. Sherman decided that he would burn everything in his path as he cut a path of destruction through Georgia. Livestock were either eaten or destroyed crops were either eaten or burned houses were burned and he quoted to phrase "war is hell".
The southern prisoner of war camp at Andersonville was a true horror worthy of the Nazis.
Although I am reluctant to use this quote...
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
NO WAR HAS EVER BEEN STARTED OVER AN ATHEIST IDEOLOGY.
We cannot say the same for religious wars.
One atomic bomb in Tokyo would have been immediately effective. Less loss of life, also. Actually, a long blockade would have done the trick. They are an island with no natural resources. There was no real need for an invasion, even less for an atomic bomb.

Politically it was a message sent to the Soviets to not get adventurous in a broken Europe. However, that could have been exhibited is a less graphical example.

Those two cities were just not that strategically important. There were much less populated areas that power could have been demonstrated.

But science had to test it out to further their knowledge of its effects. People are expendable in furthering scientific knowledge.

Europe had been slaughtering each other since man began. Science and technology just made it easier. It was power and control, not religion, that made them so warlike.

Westcliffe, CO

#180566 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Game? Damn right!
Soles are on shoes... Not in the human body.
Soul is a type of music. Soul is Emotion.
Soul IS NOT a physical item. It does not exist.
Do I fear some type of retribution when I die?
I laugh at the prospect - it's totally ridiculous.
I don't fear any God anymore than I fear Donald Duck.
In fact I can insult God's of ALL types and nothing will happen.
The tooth fairy is more predictable but that is your parents!
Curious - of the over 4000 Christian sects... which one is yours?
Alternately if you're not Catholic then you are truly a "pretender to the throne "!
They wrote the Bible - claim exclusive authorship of it and created the first religion that assumed total power of government.
I'm sorry, I feel religions are just plain silly and unworthy of anything but contempt.
Religion has never united people.
It divides people- into "My god this correct and yours is wrong".
And they're willing to kill each other over this!
Your feeling of invincibility will evaporate when your material self does.

Don't confuse the actions of material men with the Creative Force. You can deny men and walk away. You won't do that when you return to what you originated from. The universe formed you on many levels that you aren't aware of yet. Keeping an open mind and not being too sure and noisy of what you don't know would be the wisest course of action.

There is much to be said for crossing bridges when you get to them, but it is very stupid to burn any before you get to them.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#180567 Oct 19, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Christians spend untold millions in charity for the poor, uneducated, hungry, shelters, cancer research, children hospitals, building schools, hospitals, water wells, clothing, school supplies, grants, drug rehabs, medicine and the list goes on and on. One would have to have their head in the sand like an ostrich in order not to see it.
So do unbelievers.

What fraction of its total revenues do you suppose the church gives away to the needy? Do you have any data to support any estimate? I do, but it's scant and inconclusive. Do you know what fraction of the money given to Mother Teresa's charities went to helping relive the suffering of the dying poor as was intended by their donors? In America, such data is not published. But it was in Britain, where such matters are routinely audited and published. Take a guess. You'll be shocked.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Yet Atheist charities are practically non existent in comparison. Does that sound like love for his fellow man?
The proper term is secular charities, and they dwarf the church.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Gays- They don’t have to stay in the closet but for goodness sake keep it in the bedroom with the doors locked and the curtains pulled.
I don't think you understand what "the closet" means. Nobody has to be in the closet, but many prefer it to dealing with the harsh judgments of a society trained to despise certain types of people. Gays and atheists are each familiar with this. In each case, it is due to the teachings of the Christian church. I have lived at least partly in the atheist closet most of my adult life because atheists are discriminated against.

And yes, I appreciate the civil discourse as well. Thank you.

Fennario

#180568 Oct 19, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Vader murdered more people than stalin
If we're including fictional characters, Jehovah murdered and will murder more human beings than Vader.He's already nearly sterilized the earth once with a flood, and is said to be planning to do it again with fire.

Worse, Jehovah will keep torturing them forever after they are dead.

Fennario

#180569 Oct 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Alli donde fueras, haz lo que vieras.
I'm stumped, even with Google translate: There where you were, do what you saw. I'd guess it's similar to "Wherever you go, there you are."

Westcliffe, CO

#180570 Oct 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm stumped, even with Google translate: There where you were, do what you saw. I'd guess it's similar to "Wherever you go, there you are."
I would read that as when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Blend in.
Imhotep

United States

#180571 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
One atomic bomb in Tokyo would have been immediately effective. Less loss of life, also. Actually, a long blockade would have done the trick. They are an island with no natural resources. There was no real need for an invasion, even less for an atomic bomb.
Politically it was a message sent to the Soviets to not get adventurous in a broken Europe. However, that could have been exhibited is a less graphical example.
Those two cities were just not that strategically important. There were much less populated areas that power could have been demonstrated.
But science had to test it out to further their knowledge of its effects. People are expendable in furthering scientific knowledge.
Europe had been slaughtering each other since man began. Science and technology just made it easier. It was power and control, not religion, that made them so warlike.
Well said Dave.

Robert Oppenheimer who was in charge of the Manhattan Project - when the "Widget " actually went off... it brought to mind words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.".

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

He knew they had truly opened Pandora's box!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppe...

What IF 9/11 was nukes?
NYC, Washington and surrounding cities

Would this be a considered war of conquest > or religious domination > or total destruction of humanity in order to achieve Muslim paradise?

Muslim martyrs are identical to The Japanese Kamikazes, only the ideology is different.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#180572 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nagasaki and Hiroshima were the two most "Christian" cities in Japan, especially Nagasaki.
<quoted text>
I am happy to have given you an excuse to rant, little one.
However, note I said "most". Those were the survivors of persecutions by the government over a long period of time. Christianity had made inroads in Asia a long time ago. Even Japan in the 1500's or before. Christianity is a threat to all authoritarian regimes.
Of course, Dave.

One authoritarian regime is always a threat to another authoritarian regime, Dave.
Imhotep

United States

#180573 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the actions of material men with the Creative Force. You can deny men and walk away. You won't do that when you return to what you originated from. The universe formed you on many levels that you aren't aware of yet. Keeping an open mind and not being too sure and noisy of what you don't know would be the wisest course of action.
There is much to be said for crossing bridges when you get to them, but it is very stupid to burn any before you get to them.
One cannot burn bridges that do not exist other than the imagination.

Heaven, hell, paradise, immortality?
Utter nonsense. Wishful thinking,

Imhotep

United States

#180574 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"But science had to test it out to further their knowledge of its effects. People are expendable in furthering scientific knowledge."

Additionally... ;)

But religion Catholicism , had to test it's dogma out to force their myths on those that did not share the same view.These People were expendable in furthering religious domination.

"The mad heretic" Christopher Columbus did not sail off the edge of the flat Earth as expected.
but he brought the destructive plague of organized religion with him thus destroying the cultures of the Aztecs Mayans the incas and all the Native Americans - but Jesus loves you!

Huge steaming pile of BS!

The cost to humanity of fifteen centuries of Christian savagery – of hundreds of millions of lives brutalised and truncated, sacrificed to war, torture, pogrom, burning, pestilence and plague – is incalculable.

Christianity is the worst disaster in human history.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#180575 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave died and turned into green electric vapor while on the "other side".

Then he came back as The Dave Nelson.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#180576 Oct 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the update.
I suspected he could be a closet Hindu reincarnated as a JesusRoach©.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#180577 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Science did not drop a bomb on hiroshima did, politics did. Get it right you creationist buffoon. When you've proven your god, you won't need to try so hard to try to find fault with science.

What a halfwit! Just focus on proving the god your cult pays you to sell here.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#180578 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As does and will everyone's. Talking to an imaginary creature isn't going to change that.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse the actions of material men with the Creative Force. You can deny men and walk away.
Poetic, but ultimately meaningless until you've proven the god you're here to lie to us about.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't do that when you return to what you originated from. The universe formed you on many levels that you aren't aware of yet. Keeping an open mind and not being too sure and noisy of what you don't know would be the wisest course of action.
Horsesh*t meanderings of the creationist mental illness.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t philosophising in the face of NO evidence for god whatsoever.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#180580 Oct 19, 2013
Food for thought category...

IF a alien craft landed on Earth, the religion/God any human believed in would be of no significance. We would only be primitive subjects to study, much like the primitive human tribes found in the Amazon and other remote areas today. Alien ability to travel here would signal that in terms of technology, we are infants. A ANT FARM.

And you know what European war technology meant to the people in the America's when Columbus, et. al. arrived with: cannon, horses, metal armor, swords, warships, firearms and armies, and all those wonderful diseases unknown to the new world!

Westcliffe, CO

#180581 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Dave.
Robert Oppenheimer who was in charge of the Manhattan Project - when the "Widget " actually went off... it brought to mind words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.".
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
He knew they had truly opened Pandora's box!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppe...
What IF 9/11 was nukes?
NYC, Washington and surrounding cities
Would this be a considered war of conquest > or religious domination > or total destruction of humanity in order to achieve Muslim paradise?
Muslim martyrs are identical to The Japanese Kamikazes, only the ideology is different.
I wouldn't say it was any of those. This jihad is offensive defense. You have a medieval culture trying to protect its turf. Those jihad mullahs lose their influence in a progressing world. They are very tribal and resistant to integration in a larger society. Basically you have stone age shamans afraid of losing their grip on the dummies. That is a problem Muslims have had since their beginning. It is why the religion started, trying to bring peace to warring tribes. That is why they will kill each other if they are left alone.

Those mullahs are not above sacrificing others for their own gain. Plus they can avail themselves of the delights of the wives and little brothers of the martyrs they sent off. They supply the money to support them afterwards.

They want a closed society. They will kill each other off if you leave them alone as they vie for power. Leave then alone and if they spread their crap, nuke where it came from.

Their oil wealth is ending. They will be in dire straits before too long.

You don't have that issue with Christianity. The Western world is Christian, and it is what influences the whole world. IT is your science and freedom. Topix atheists are doing the work of the mullahs. They are led to believe they are being constructive in building a new society, but in reality they are destructing it with fanatics waiting to move in. Fifth columns, useful idiots to be removed after their use has been served.
Imhotep

United States

#180582 Oct 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This applies to the theists!

"Es mejor guardar silencio y ser pensado un tonto que hablar hacia fuera y quitar toda duda"
~anon as many claim it.

Try Google on Dutch. ;)

Religie is niets meer dan organiseren bijgeloof!

Westcliffe, CO

#180583 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Food for thought category...
IF a alien craft landed on Earth, the religion/God any human believed in would be of no significance. We would only be primitive subjects to study, much like the primitive human tribes found in the Amazon and other remote areas today. Alien ability to travel here would signal that in terms of technology, we are infants. A ANT FARM.
And you know what European war technology meant to the people in the America's when Columbus, et. al. arrived with: cannon, horses, metal armor, swords, warships, firearms and armies, and all those wonderful diseases unknown to the new world!
It wasn't the weaponry in the hands of the Europeans that conquered the natives. It was the natives wanting to get their hands on those weapons to conquer their local enemies that did.

Westcliffe, CO

#180584 Oct 19, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
One's imagination is limited to the box one is in.

Intelligence knows there is something outside the box if intelligence doesn't believe in magic.

You haven't got a clue to what exists outside this manifestation you are stuck in. But something does. Your observable universe is a very tiny portion of infinity.

Westcliffe, CO

#180585 Oct 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there was a green vapor. Other than a very dark portion between the leaving and returning. Seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,190,207
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr HitMan 201,368
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 4,117
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 308,914
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... 12 hr IdeasandTruth 1
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 22 hr KHS Alumni 69
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Trojan 29,057
More from around the web