Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258473 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180365 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do Atheist get morality?
Common Sense, Reason. Logic, Truth, and Observable Facts.

Certainly... not from your book!

The Bible is supposedly the guide to morality, inspired by a deity.

Why is any of that awful stuff included in such a supposedly wonderful document?

Why does anyone have to make excuses for the filth in it?

The "context" argument does not hold.

There is no moral context into which murdering babies, for example, may be inserted.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180366 Oct 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean that spiderman is real because a book says so? I guess that means that Victor Stinger's book is also true, GOD THE FAILED HYPOTHESIS.....How science proves that God does not exist.
What makes the bible more valid that Doctor Stinger's book?
I'm presuming you know the definition of circular reasoning right? "God is real because it says so in the bible" How do you know the bible is true? "Because God says so." And around and around we go!!!!
The bible also says you are supposed to stone your children to death when they misbehave, have you done so?
Do you keep slaves? The bible says you should.
In my family history prior to the civil war. We had family members on both sides of the issue. One of my distant grandfathers stood up on a bench and denounced slavery as being wrong before the war broke out. That was in Nacogdoches Texas. Some in the crowd wanted to hang him.

I have never partaken in modern day slavery (prostitution). Nor will I ever do so. It is ongoing and thriving today. It is wrong and illegal. Many times involving children being prostituted out. Those caught need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Don’t you agree?

Now I have heard of Spiderman but he was not one of my favorite childhood superheroes. I always liked Superman. Because he could fly and stop bullets.

The bible is more than just a single book but a list of 66 books. It contains military engagements that are still taught in war colleges today. History, love stories, poetry, crimes, corruption, conspiracies, spy’s, adultery, slavery, laws, guidelines, conflict resolution, and how people lived thousands of years ago. Even listed in the bible is the first example of a fire “back draft which involved fatalities.”

Other information in the bible is the proper method in washing hands. This method is still in use today by Medical Professionals worldwide. This procedure was documented thousands of years before men knew of micro bacteria. Another procedure listed is the tying off with a rope of one during egress in a dangerous or potentially dangerous environment with a bell. That procedure is in practice today as men go inside confined spaces of vessels, tanks, reactors to do inspections and repairs. That procedure is listed in the bible Doctor.

Now these are just a few examples that I have listed.

Now how many books does this Victor Stinger have? Time will tell if his books are still in circulation 2000 years later. I seriously doubt it. And does any of his material cover such a wide range of subjects and material the Bible covers. Have any of Mr. Stinger’s books ever been on the best sellers list?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#180367 Oct 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see how you could call that not being tolerant. People lie about God, and when it portrays God as not being perfect it is a false statement. To make up a God and have him jealous, is your problem. It does not change God.
Well for one...there are many different gods being actively believed in. You yourself stated that you believe in even man made gods, but yet now you are claiming that there is only one perfect God.... and the reason I call you intolerant is because you want everyone else to "respect" other's beliefs no matter what they may be, but you do not respect mine and many others.

For two, It actually states in the Christian bible that god is a jealous god. Now you can twist and turn that however you feel like, but that's what the book states.

Lastly, you are intolerant because you think you are correct in your beliefs an you tell me that I am wrong, and sick and twisted and immoral (I'm including you into the group that says these things because you seem to think its ok to add me to the group that says things that you don't like, even if I have never said them), yet you think that it's not ok for me to tell you that I think your ideas are nutty. As you like to say...you know yourself, and I know myself, and if that's so then it would make you much more tolerant if you would not continue to put words in my my mouth or to tell me that you have all the answers because you sir do not, and if you did then you would have to claim to be your treasured god himself.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180368 Oct 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Common Sense, Reason. Logic, Truth, and Observable Facts.
Certainly... not from your book!
The Bible is supposedly the guide to morality, inspired by a deity.
Why is any of that awful stuff included in such a supposedly wonderful document?
Why does anyone have to make excuses for the filth in it?
The "context" argument does not hold.
There is no moral context into which murdering babies, for example, may be inserted.
Interesting, but the Bible never told me to take other people’s property and throw it away because I don’t agree with it. But it does say,“thou shalt not steal.” That means take something without permission. You admitted taking property that wasn’t yours and throwing it away every chance you had.

I don’t believe in murdering babies by the way. I have had two and raised them into very successful adults. And when you talk about murdering babies I hope you are including those healthy babies aborted late term in modern society.

But murdering babies before birth probably doesn’t fit your definition of murder or does it? It seems if you were pro life you would have condemn this practice that is ongoing today. But you have said nothing which makes me think you think it’s ok to kill babies.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180369 Oct 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
THE TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT?
Find ONE statement that isn't true in that canned response. You cannot.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”
You removed all doubt long ago.
Keyser Söze is searching for you.
He has a marvelous little chapel in the moonlight.
Yawn Zzzz
Certainly the truth can hurt sometimes but so does distortion and lies.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180370 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is an ideology that is chosen by choice. It’s not a default so many of you proclaim. A infant is neutral and has not developed the mental cognizance to make that kind of decision. But what the heck, Atheist believe in a world of make believe so go ahead believe as you wish.
"Atheists beleive in a world of make believe" REALLY? In a far away magical place you can live forever, visit Mom and Dad, talk to uncle Lew and aunt Blanch, you'll never be sick and happiness will be with you every moment, but if you don't follow the directions given by an invisible man who lives in the sky he will get angry with you and send you to another magical place where you have to be submerged in lakes of fire, for eternity. You have to follow his rules because you belong to him. He created you by scooping up a handful of dirt and blew on it and out popped a fully formed male, you are his relative. Yep Atheists believe in a make believe world..........LOL

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#180372 Oct 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting thing for you to say. Did you know many people consider it rude to ask someone, to prove their faith, after they have admitted, it's their faith? I would think this crowd is rude, but I also have observed a very bad reading comprehension amongst this group. That in my opinion, gives them a bye from being called rude.
When someone asks you a question, it is polite to answer a question when it is asked, to the best of your ability. I do not ask for proof in general because I know that you have none. I also do not claim to have all of the answers an my only question to you would be "why do you not admit that you may not be correct in the things that you claim to be fact?" I can read and comprehend just fine.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180373 Oct 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe in an overall God, as well as man made ones. I believe God is not in human form, and is an extraordinary mass of energy. If we came across it, we wouldn't be able to near it, maybe there would be debate on if that mass is God. Most likely people would right that off because they prefer to think of God in a human form. Your peaceful and loving thoughts could make holy water, your thoughts could also power energy and create a spirit. As noted I consider atheism a very bad choice, but you do know yourself and I doubt you made the choice, for any other reason besides you don't have a soul.
You don't believe in God but you are no different from any other Theist in that your belief are totally unsupported. You believe in something you have simply made up, something you have imagined, and then are foolish enough to speak about it as something real. You believe in this energy "thing" for no good reason other than it somehow makes you feel good. You apparently don't care whether or not your beliefs are true, they just feel good. So don't try and distance yourself from those who believe in God, you are right there with them, and your version is just as twisted and unsupported as there's.

You are right on one point here, this person does not have a soul, and neither does any one else on the face of the planet. You have been asked by me and countless others to provide your evidence for this soul thing, and NEVER have you even ventured to offer your proof. You've twisted and turned, said we could never comprehend, even saying that learning about a soul could be dangerous. In the end you're just another crazy moonbat, with a completely worthless idea.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180374 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, but the Bible never told me to take other people’s property and throw it away because I don’t agree with it. But it does say,“thou shalt not steal.” That means take something without permission. You admitted taking property that wasn’t yours and throwing it away every chance you had.
I don’t believe in murdering babies by the way. I have had two and raised them into very successful adults. And when you talk about murdering babies I hope you are including those healthy babies aborted late term in modern society.
But murdering babies before birth probably doesn’t fit your definition of murder or does it? It seems if you were pro life you would have condemn this practice that is ongoing today. But you have said nothing which makes me think you think it’s ok to kill babies.
Why do you think it's wrong to kill babies, your God has absolutely no problem doing it? You do in fact worship a baby killer. Your God also murdered late term babies, aborting unborn fetuses, and he had absolutely no problem doing so.

There is a very nice correlation here between slavery and abortions. The southern slave owners had every right to believe that having slaves was perfectly all right as it was sanctioned by God almighty himself. Now since your God has no problem murdering babies and unborn fetuses, then you should have no problem with late term abortions, as they to are sanctioned by God almighty.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180375 Oct 17, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it that you can't enjoy your atheism, your liberation from religion, and have a personal experience of never talking about God anymore?
I'll even count it as proof there is no God if you would try it and succeed by never posting about religion and nagging about a God you don't believe in ever again.
Right now you are proving to us you are fearful that your faith in atheism is just too damn weak and insufficient.
Oh, and science does prove there is a God as nothing can explain scientific laws outside of the fact God created science, the elements, the order of matter, and put the laws of science in place, you hopeless moron. Only God could have done this from the beginning, you cheap thinking atheist.
*I'll await your angry response , full of bigotry and name calling since you are a (hateful atheist™)
Sorry to disappoint you, but you'll get no name calling from me. I truly believe that religion is a poison to society, and always has been. It has put up barriers to advances in both science and in medicine. We may well have found a cure for cancer by now if religion had gotten out of the way of medical science. Religion is divisive, it forces people into little compartments, each with its own set of rules and standards. These little clubs, if you will, do nothing but foster hate and bigotry.

Religion teaches us to be content with not understanding the world around us. Whenever science does not have the answer, religion steps forward in fills that gap with God. Its called "The God of the gaps." Once you surrender and accept GODDIDIT the journey of discovery is over. But once you say "I don't know, but lets investigate." then the journey of discovery can begin.

Religion promotes the idea of believing in things without support, without evidence, believing simply because it feels good, is comforting. People who believe for no good reason, or who believe without evidence are a danger to others and to society. When you don't care whether or not your belief are true, you are a danger.

Of course your wrong about science. There are many theories about the origins of the universe and those laws that govern all things. There are multi-universe theories, there is the no boundary theory presented by Stephen Hawking. You have a preconceived notion about the origins of the universe. You begin with the notion that some God like thing created everything, rather than examine all of the other countless possibilities.

Science operates within the naturalistic realm, a realm were things can be tested, examined from every angle, weighted, measured, observed. You believe in something from the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm, were NOTHING can be tested, weighted, measures OBSERVED. You simply have a belief, something you have imagined, and this something you label God. You make the mistake most Theist make, you see something that you have no answer for so you automatically abdicate to God. "If it's so complex and I can't understand it then GODDIDIT." Once again, in saying this the journey of discovery can never begin. Religion does poison everything.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180376 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tongue-in-cheek Eagle.
I have no use for any Bible... let alone Gideon's.
no I don't steal them. ;)

But I do suggest that you read yours cover to cover - It is obvious you know little of the content.

Example:

One of the most conspicuous blind spots Christians display is regarding Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount."

Snippets of it are cited repeatedly and even nonbelievers know some of them. That sermon begins in Matthew 5:3.

Some of its better known "beatitudes" include: Verses 3 through 5 - "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Also Verses 7 through 9 - "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

What makes this so ironic is that a mere eight verses later, in the same "Sermon on the Mount" Jesus says this: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:17-19) And again, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" (John 5:46-47)

There you have it.

Jesus is unambiguously talking about Old Testament Law.

Not only that, but Jesus, the supposedly "gentle carpenter" from Galilee, as part of the Christian Triune God, participated in every single Old Testament atrocity.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180377 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my family history prior to the civil war. We had family members on both sides of the issue. One of my distant grandfathers stood up on a bench and denounced slavery as being wrong before the war broke out. That was in Nacogdoches Texas. Some in the crowd wanted to hang him.
I have never partaken in modern day slavery (prostitution). Nor will I ever do so. It is ongoing and thriving today. It is wrong and illegal. Many times involving children being prostituted out. Those caught need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Don’t you agree?
Now I have heard of Spiderman but he was not one of my favorite childhood superheroes. I always liked Superman. Because he could fly and stop bullets.
The bible is more than just a single book but a list of 66 books. It contains military engagements that are still taught in war colleges today. History, love stories, poetry, crimes, corruption, conspiracies, spy’s, adultery, slavery, laws, guidelines, conflict resolution, and how people lived thousands of years ago. Even listed in the bible is the first example of a fire “back draft which involved fatalities.”
Other information in the bible is the proper method in washing hands. This method is still in use today by Medical Professionals worldwide. This procedure was documented thousands of years before men knew of micro bacteria. Another procedure listed is the tying off with a rope of one during egress in a dangerous or potentially dangerous environment with a bell. That procedure is in practice today as men go inside confined spaces of vessels, tanks, reactors to do inspections and repairs. That procedure is listed in the bible Doctor.
Now these are just a few examples that I have listed.
Now how many books does this Victor Stinger have? Time will tell if his books are still in circulation 2000 years later. I seriously doubt it. And does any of his material cover such a wide range of subjects and material the Bible covers. Have any of Mr. Stinger’s books ever been on the best sellers list?
Here is a site that you should visit...

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com

Quran and Book of Mormon also.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180378 Oct 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think it's wrong to kill babies, your God has absolutely no problem doing it? You do in fact worship a baby killer. Your God also murdered late term babies, aborting unborn fetuses, and he had absolutely no problem doing so.
There is a very nice correlation here between slavery and abortions. The southern slave owners had every right to believe that having slaves was perfectly all right as it was sanctioned by God almighty himself. Now since your God has no problem murdering babies and unborn fetuses, then you should have no problem with late term abortions, as they to are sanctioned by God almighty.
It’s ironic the very people who condemn God are the very ones that support the continuous murder of unborn children. Hypocritical to say the least. But I will not shy away from giving you an answer.

God ordered during “war” time the killing of Amaleks. A bitter enemy of Israel. Everyone including babies were to be killed. So you are correct.

Now let us go to modern times. The United States dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan during war time. Killing civilian populations including children and infants. They were vaporized and many died of radiation poisoning. But your rants don’t accuse the United States, your country of killing babies.

But your country did kill babies Doctor, and millions are still being killed because of the liberals who don’t see a problem with it. Oh unless God ordered it during war time. Then the hypocrites have a problem with it. In Vietnam the US Military was involved in killing of civilians. Remember the “My Lai” Massacre?

I don’t like it and don’t agree with it but it happened. You were a Army Vet Doctor. War is ugly and horrendous. There’s nothing clamorous about killing the enemy. But if you don’t kill him. He is going to hunt you down and kill you and your family. As we have been attacked by terrorist. Even in the city you now live in.

If our nation is ever attack by chemical or biological weapons. And we know who did it and the nations that supported it. I would hope our President would release the launch codes to the nuclear weapons hiding in the deep ocean in our submarines. Yes, I would be ok with mass destruction of the enemy.

And furthermore I would have at least considered nuclear weapons when innocent civilians were murdered on 911 by the thousands. If used the enemy would understand we mean business. Doctor, God meant business with Amaleks because he was tired of their sh*t.

Yes God did order the killing of the enemy. The same thing the United States did. And the very same thing the US Army did in Vietnam. And just about every major war in history it has happened. So now lets get real personal Doctor. What do you think about the millions of healthy infants being murdered by late term abortions because they are not wanted?

Tell us the truth Doctor, what is your opinion of killing babies during abortions?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180379 Oct 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Tongue-in-cheek Eagle.
I have no use for any Bible... let alone Gideon's.
no I don't steal them. ;)
But I do suggest that you read yours cover to cover - It is obvious you know little of the content.
Example:
One of the most conspicuous blind spots Christians display is regarding Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount."
Snippets of it are cited repeatedly and even nonbelievers know some of them. That sermon begins in Matthew 5:3.
Some of its better known "beatitudes" include: Verses 3 through 5 - "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Also Verses 7 through 9 - "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."
What makes this so ironic is that a mere eight verses later, in the same "Sermon on the Mount" Jesus says this: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:17-19) And again, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" (John 5:46-47)
There you have it.
Jesus is unambiguously talking about Old Testament Law.
Not only that, but Jesus, the supposedly "gentle carpenter" from Galilee, as part of the Christian Triune God, participated in every single Old Testament atrocity.
Got news for you scooter, your ego is bigger than your d#%*.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#180380 Oct 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a site that you should visit...
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com
Quran and Book of Mormon also.
Here's some sign language you need to read.

[holding up middle finger]
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180381 Oct 17, 2013
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>Love is a real feeling it is comparable as a speed of lighting. Just as fast. It is also true for the Holly spirit. I am not going to force my beliefs, I am very sure my life changed once I received the Holly Spirit. It was very important to add I got it from reading the word of the Holy Bible. I understand how people are confused, It is why I believe spiritual and religious facts should be taught in school. It allows the facts and truth from history to inform American children of the many religions, and allow them to have facts be believer or not in spiritual power higher than self.
Fortunately there are intelligent people guarding against the teachings of the immoralities found in the Christian bible. Teaching about mythical beings and magical places is fine for the study of fiction, but when taught that these things are actually real is simply lying to the students. Teachers should never lie.

Yes I'm sure you're convinced that reading the holy bible caused you to receive the HOLLY spirit. You do mean Holy, right? In reading your holy book, did you ever figure out how they determined that the young girls were virgins. You know, the young virgins God told Moses to give to the battle hardened soldiers as spoil of war. I think there were many hundreds of them. They were ordered to kill everyone BUT the young virgins. But I always wondered just how they determined these girls were in fact all virgins. Some kind of bizarre test or examination I presume. Please, when you find out, let me know. I've always been curious about that. Thanks!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#180382 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s ironic the very people who condemn God are the very ones that support the continuous murder of unborn children. Hypocritical to say the least. But I will not shy away from giving you an answer.
God ordered during “war” time the killing of Amaleks. A bitter enemy of Israel. Everyone including babies were to be killed. So you are correct.
Now let us go to modern times. The United States dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan during war time. Killing civilian populations including children and infants. They were vaporized and many died of radiation poisoning. But your rants don’t accuse the United States, your country of killing babies.
But your country did kill babies Doctor, and millions are still being killed because of the liberals who don’t see a problem with it. Oh unless God ordered it during war time. Then the hypocrites have a problem with it. In Vietnam the US Military was involved in killing of civilians. Remember the “My Lai” Massacre?
I don’t like it and don’t agree with it but it happened. You were a Army Vet Doctor. War is ugly and horrendous. There’s nothing clamorous about killing the enemy. But if you don’t kill him. He is going to hunt you down and kill you and your family. As we have been attacked by terrorist. Even in the city you now live in.
If our nation is ever attack by chemical or biological weapons. And we know who did it and the nations that supported it. I would hope our President would release the launch codes to the nuclear weapons hiding in the deep ocean in our submarines. Yes, I would be ok with mass destruction of the enemy.
And furthermore I would have at least considered nuclear weapons when innocent civilians were murdered on 911 by the thousands. If used the enemy would understand we mean business. Doctor, God meant business with Amaleks because he was tired of their sh*t.
Yes God did order the killing of the enemy. The same thing the United States did. And the very same thing the US Army did in Vietnam. And just about every major war in history it has happened. So now lets get real personal Doctor. What do you think about the millions of healthy infants being murdered by late term abortions because they are not wanted?
Tell us the truth Doctor, what is your opinion of killing babies during abortions?
So is it your contention that God only killed babies during war time? When he ordered the slaughter of ALL of the Egyptian first born males, there was no war.

When your God got angry, a human trait I would think a God would be better to not have, and flooded the entire planet, thereby murdering countless little babies and destroying just as many unborn fetuses, there was no WAR. Imagine, you getting so angry at your children that you filled the tub and held their little heads under the water until they drowned. Would you ever get angry enough to even consider doing something like that? Your God had no trouble doing it to millions, and all because he had a little hissy fit.

BTW it was a Christian who ordered to bomb dropped on Japan.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180383 Oct 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
My God just grant mankind free will. The lack of perfection you note, is just man's blame for his own failures. I get the idea atheist life with their parents longer than the average person. they would never cooperate with survey, and they don't respect it as science, unless of course it favors their thought.
Awe...survey? ;)

I thank you for the straight-line set up! ;)

Your God would like to thank you for your belief and patronage. In order to better serve your spiritual needs, He asks that you take a few moments to answer the following questions for his annual survey.

Please keep in mind that your responses will be kept completely confidential, and that you need not disclose your name or address unless you prefer a direct response to comments or suggestions.

1. How did you find out about your Deity?

___ Newspaper

___ Bible

___ Torah

___ Book of Mormon

___ Koran

___ Divine inspiration

___ Dead Sea Scrolls

___ My mama done tol' me

___ Near-death experience

___ Near-life experience

___ National Public Radio

___ Tabloid

___ Burning shrubbery

___ Other (specify):________

2. Which model Deity did you acquire?

___ Yahweh

___ Father, Son & Holy Ghost [Trinity Pak]

___ Jehovah

___ Jesus

___ Krishna

___ Zeus and entourage [Olympus Pak]

___ Odin and entourage [Valhalla Pak]

___ Allah

___ Satan

___ Gaia/Mother Earth/Mother Nature

___ God 1.0a (hairy thunderer)

___ God 1.0b (cosmic muffin)

___ None of the above; I was taken in by a false god

3. Did your God come to you undamaged, with all parts in good working order and with no obvious breakage or missing attributes?

___ Yes

___ No

If no, please describe the problems you initially encountered here. Please indicate all that apply:

___ Not eternal

___ Finite in space/Does not occupy or inhabit the entire cosmos

___ Not omniscient

___ Not omnipotent

___ Not infinitely plastic (incapable of being all things to all creations)

___ Permits sex outside of marriage

___ Prohibits sex outside of marriage

___ Makes mistakes (Glenn Beck, OJ Simpson)

___ Makes or permits bad things to happen to good people

___ When beseeched, doesn't stay beseeched

___ Requires burnt offerings

___ Requires virgin sacrifices

___ Plays dice with the universe

4. What factors were relevant in your decision to acquire a Deity? Please check all that apply.

___ Indoctrinated by parents

___ Needed a reason to live

___ Indoctrinated by society

___ Needed focus in whom to despise

___ Imaginary friend grew up

___ Wanted to know Jesus in the Biblical sense

___ Graduated from the tooth fairy

___ Hate to think for myself

___ Wanted to meet girls/boys

___ Fear of death

___ Wanted to piss off parents

___ Needed a day away from work

___ Desperate need for certainty

___ Like organ music

___ Need to feel morally superior

___ Thought Fred Phelps was cool

___ My shrubbery caught fire and told me to do it

5. Have you ever worshipped a Deity before? If so, which false god were you fooled by? Please check all that apply.

___ Mick Jagger

___ Rajanish

___ Baal

___ The almighty dollar

___ Bill Gates

___ Left-wing liberalism

___ The radical right

___ Ra

___ Beelzebub

___ The Great Spirit

___ The Great Pumpkin

___ The sun

___ Elvis

___ The moon

___ TV news

___ Burning shrubbery

___ Other:_________

If you are able to complete the questionnaire and return it to one of our conveniently located drop-off boxes by October 31 you will be entered in the One Free Miracle of Your Choice drawing (chances of winning are approximately one in 6.023 x 10 to the 23d power, depending on number of beings entered).
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180384 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you should consider...

Abortion

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#180385 Oct 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some sign language you need to read.
[holding up middle finger]
Yes I see it !

It still has you're morning shit under the fingernail - before you licked it off. Does it taste the same as the dung referred to in thy Bible?

Have you considered suing your brain for non-support?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min obammy b mo popular 1,521,412
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Susanm 313,940
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun SomePhaarts 32,913
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
More from around the web