Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
172,881 - 172,900 of 224,097 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist is simply somebody who does not believe in gods. That would include babies.
That's not what you previously said. Are you confused or just changing your mind?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A tree stump doesn't believe in Gods. That makes a tree stump an Atheist.
A pile of horse sh*t, fresh or old, doesn't believe in God. That would mean a pile of horse sh*t is Atheist.
A fly maggot doesn't believe in God either. That makes a maggot an Atheist.
In fact if you are right, it takes no higher thought or reason to be an Atheist including a freaking earth worm.
I use earth worms when I go fishing. That means I'm putting an Atheist on the hook to catch an Atheist fish.
You're being ridiculous.

Thanks for playing.

Carrion

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you previously said. Are you confused or just changing your mind?
Topix atheists are like a certain type of non-conformist that have been with man since time began. Beatniks, hippies, counter-culture, etc. They believe this non-conformity makes them appear more intelligent than they are, or feel.

So they put on the uniform of the latest fad of non-conformity and go parading around in it.

Little Tammy's definition of an atheist, as of other Topix atheists, is someone that just doesn't believe in gods. Just like those tree stumps you mentioned. However, tree stumps, or even maggots, do not jump up and down screaming "I'm atheist!" and your god sucks. They aren't quite as passive as those atheists are, nor do they realize taking a stance commits one to a belief.. They have identity issues.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists are like a certain type of non-conformist that have been with man since time began. Beatniks, hippies, counter-culture, etc. They believe this non-conformity makes them appear more intelligent than they are, or feel.
So they put on the uniform of the latest fad of non-conformity and go parading around in it.
Little Tammy's definition of an atheist, as of other Topix atheists, is someone that just doesn't believe in gods. Just like those tree stumps you mentioned. However, tree stumps, or even maggots, do not jump up and down screaming "I'm atheist!" and your god sucks. They aren't quite as passive as those atheists are, nor do they realize taking a stance commits one to a belief.. They have identity issues.
So you refer to tree stumps as someone?

Do all Christians have some sort of brain damage? Your arguments seem to confirm that assessment. Take it from someone who was a teenager earlier this year.

Carrion

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A pile of horse sh*t, fresh or old, doesn't believe in God. That would mean a pile of horse sh*t is Atheist.
In fact if you are right, it takes no higher thought or reason to be an Atheist including a freaking earth worm.
I use earth worms when I go fishing. That means I'm putting an Atheist on the hook to catch an Atheist fish.
He said an atheist is SOMEBODY who... that means a PERSON. You clearly didn't get that part.

But, interestingly you bring up the point that every non-human fails to believe in a god. I posit a fair conclusion from that would be that gods are a human-only construct.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Evil?
No concept of “evil.” Reasons for wrongdoing are explored through scientific methods, e.g. through study of sociology, psychology, criminology.
----------
Those comments above came from your home boy, Imhotep.
So if someone sticks a gun to his head,(Imhotep). He needs to explore through the scientific methods and through the study of sociology, psychology and criminology if it is an evil act.
I don't think its necessary to try to evaluate if someone is "evil", or bad...especially if they have a gun to my head. That was not my first thought. See I'm not religious so I wouldn't call a person evil...I would just simply say that are a bad person. It seems to me like a pretty silly argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy another canned answer from the Atheist Coke Machine.
“You don’t know anything because I know everything.”
[rolling eyes] Oh brother…………..
Oh I see now... you are just another troll lol... go on about your way then, and do your evil works. If I were religious I would just say "Get behind me Satan" lol.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see now... you are just another troll lol... go on about your way then, and do your evil works. If I were religious I would just say "Get behind me Satan" lol.
I think the descriptor 'evil' is not exclusive to religious meanings.

Go ahead and call it evil when you see it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Off the shelf canned Atheist answer.
Lol...yes...that's because it's factual information. Something that you have already heard a billion times, but still come back to argue about. I find it amusing that you expect different answers to certain questions. Seems that you would have better things to do with your time... don't you have any church functions or troll meetings to attend?

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there :-)

I hope all is well with you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words are so true and they don’t try to abridge freedom either. Thanks……….

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s no “IF”???
Well cowboy you may be spending time in the library but if the paper you’ve been holding is soft and round. You just might be in the wrong library. We call that the sh*tter from where I’m from. You might want to switch libraries. Be sure to pull the paper out of your @ss when you do.
There is no if... the facts are the facts. Although I understand where you are coming from since it's not uncommon or unusual for a religious follower to want to make their own interpretations of history and or historical facts. ;)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
He said an atheist is SOMEBODY who... that means a PERSON. You clearly didn't get that part.
But, interestingly you bring up the point that every non-human fails to believe in a god. I posit a fair conclusion from that would be that gods are a human-only construct.
Atheism is an ideology that is chosen by choice. It’s not a default so many of you proclaim. A infant is neutral and has not developed the mental cognizance to make that kind of decision. But what the heck, Atheist believe in a world of make believe so go ahead believe as you wish.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being ridiculous.
Thanks for playing.
Carrion
Of course I’m being ridiculous. That’s because the very thought a infant is born as an Atheist is ridiculous.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Homey, you just said, "See I'm not religious so I wouldn't call a person evil."

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist is simply somebody who does not believe in gods. That would include babies.
I believe in babies.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, River said "somebody."

Trees, shit, maggots, earthworms are not "somebodies."

Please.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no if... the facts are the facts. Although I understand where you are coming from since it's not uncommon or unusual for a religious follower to want to make their own interpretations of history and or historical facts. ;)
lol, Did you win a Pulitzer award for that one?

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is an ideology that is chosen by choice. It’s not a default so many of you proclaim. A infant is neutral and has not developed the mental cognizance to make that kind of decision. But what the heck, Atheist believe in a world of make believe so go ahead believe as you wish.
Chosen by choice, eh?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So come on in to the conversation.
Do you think babies are born Atheist?
theism |&#712;&#952;&#275 ;&#716;iz&#601;m|
noun
belief in the existence of a god or gods, esp. belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.

atheism |&#712;&#257;&#952 ;&#275;&#716;iz&#6 01;m|
noun
the theory or belief that God does not exist.

A baby is born with NO belief in God or Gods, so by definition, all babies are Atheists.

Atheism is NOT an ideology, it is simple the lack of belief due to the absence of sufficient evidence. Atheism is NOT a world view, nor is it a POSITIVE position.

If you BELIEVE in God or Gods you are a THEIST, If you DONOT believe in God or Gods, you are an ATHEIST. It's really very simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min harmonious 1,079,654
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 1 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Fight On 26,656
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 305,085
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 10 hr Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 16 hr RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••