Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,634)

Showing posts 172,661 - 172,680 of218,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The chinese government does this to protect it's own power, not out of any desire to destroy religion in the name of atheism or any such nonsense. As blacklagoon said, china has a history of popular religious uprisings, and while I don't agree with persecuting a group of people to protect one's power, it is something that all governments are guilty of.
The stuff you deny, and then you wonder why I would not vote for one of you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Luckily, we are moving past the days of religiously inspired social codes of conduct. Technically, we've shed most of the biblical moral rules long ago (stoning virgin's, etc) and are now just shedding the last bits of moral baggage.
You really crack me up. I would love to just drop you off in The Russian Federation, where you could be with like minded people. You'd be like a domestic pet released in the wild. Perhaps then you would get why we don't want your agenda here. And you know you slip onto ballets, and never break 5%, 5% ark ark humor. A atheist country is a bunch of savages fighting for a meal. Go ahead, marry a pretty woman from one of your utopias, then move in. See what happens.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I'm pretty sure. Well, I know he's not a Christian. Whether he's atheist or agnostic, I really don't know. I haven't asked.
I'm pretty sure the Shiite and Jews as well as the Sunni , are gonna paint him as one anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall posting to you at all.
The Carchar fellow perhaps?
As Christine's sock you never know what you did anyway. Just plead Nolo contendere ...lol

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly. An atheist is just a an atheist but a dangerous atheist is one who was once religious. They know the scripture better than most and certainly have an agenda , biased to say the least.
Thanks to The Christian religion excepting any group of bone heads to nest under their tent. We now have Bibles that do call Jesus a zombie, and goes as far as saying you should not follow a zombie. The standard Christians have gone to make a dollar is sad. Due to some of the clergy that are bigot clergies, that are allowed to work in Florida, I am no longer a Christian. For many years I was a Christian in name only. I still do believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, however as a whole, I think it is only one small part of The Big Picture.

Bongo, I think they are as they do believe they are. That is primates without souls. they admit this themselves, but find it offensive when soul having people accept them for their word on this issue. I love that they expect me to argue against this notion that they are sub human. Or funnier. I will get violent about it. As if I even have time to do such, if it was not against the law, to begin with.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.
He is such a marsh mellow, he thinks it's cool to insult people that disagree with him, then when you strike back you are a bigot. He seeks the politically correct fairy. Bunk him worm meat are not a minority. We don't agree with their agenda, and we accept them for what they, themselves tell us they are.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He is such a marsh mellow, he thinks it's cool to insult people that disagree with him, then when you strike back you are a bigot. He seeks the politically correct fairy. Bunk him worm meat are not a minority. We don't agree with their agenda, and we accept them for what they, themselves tell us they are.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk him worm meat are not a minority.
What?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As Christine's sock you never know what you did anyway. Just plead Nolo contendere ...lol
Don't make matters worse, RR.

Or are you not RR?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I'm pretty sure. Well, I know he's not a Christian. Whether he's atheist or agnostic, I really don't know. I haven't asked.
Come on, River, you know me.

I have no belief in the supernatural: no gods, other deities, witches, ghosts, hexes, astrology, Santa Claus, fairies, step-on-crack-break-mother's-b ack, nada.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't make matters worse, RR.
Or are you not RR?
I found out last night we are all Christines socks.
The only other person in topix is nano.
It was a shocker to me me too.
Welloe

Clairton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
More than one time, you tried to threaten me with torture.
I would call that hate-speech, no matter how "pure" your intentions.
Since you cannot show you **are** a Genuine Messenger from Godô?
I can only take you at your face value:**YOU** were intending to be the instrument of my torture.
Of course, I dismissed your threat as yet another empty promise.
But the fact remains?
YOU WERE WILLING TO SEE ME TORTURED TO SOOTHE YOUR EGO.
That's hate, bub.
Bob, there's a grey-boxer posting as just "Catcher". That's NOT this here Catcher-1.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I found out last night we are all Christines socks.
The only other person in topix is nano.
It was a shocker to me me too.
We'll always have nano.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know you have me wrong.
I have no god, nor have I ever believed in a god or in anything supernatural.
Different Catcher.
Pain in the butt.

Now you and Bob make up, or I'm turning this car right around.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, there's a grey-boxer posting as just "Catcher". That's NOT this here Catcher-1.
Maybe one of our legal experts, RR or Skombolis, can tell me whether I can sue for trademark infringement.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one of our legal experts, RR or Skombolis, can tell me whether I can sue for trademark infringement.
Dunno. Doesn't much matter, long as everyone sees it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First you will have to petition his majesty to have an opinion he didn't make up for you.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You are scared of death, Timmy. It is an unknown to you. I did experience that check out line. This consciousness writing this post completely walked off the job. I was no longer Dave Nelson, but I was something else. Total wipeout of this existence on a conscious level. I woke up in a darkness far removed from here, and something I was hiding from. I had no religious belief. The closest I ever came prior to a spiritual or religious frame of mind was several years earlier when out of the blue while driving at work. I got the conscious idea an atomic bomb could explode 10 foot above my head and I would survive it. I survived over 20 tons at 40 mph in my very lap later.
My supreme being doesn't get jealous. It has no reason to. Nor does it have the sense of morality you wish to impose upon it. You see, you are the one stuck on the Christianity as written in a book. I see the stories as metaphorical, not as the absolutes you do.
As I said, you can't comprehend my perception of what it is. I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you what it ain't. And that is whatever you think it is.
Whatever you say, dave. You're the smartest, most important human ever. You will overcome death through sheer force of will.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
First you will have to petition his majesty to have an opinion he didn't make up for you.
I have resolved to be done with Skom.

Too f*cked up.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you say, dave. You're the smartest, most important human ever. You will overcome death through sheer force of will.
And a little help from the EM forces, and god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,661 - 172,680 of218,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min dem 1,037,687
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min KatieKatieKatie 303,355
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,142
Need a loan urgently? (Sep '13) Wed trerry mclean 12
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Apr 19 bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 80
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••