Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#179903 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is a series of paintings hanging in a gallery. The entities living on it are the same, only the faces and bodies they use have changed.
What kind of art is that where you have different fluids mixing and creating different pictures?
A collage.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179904 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You surprise me with this level of tolerance.
Honestly, I did not expect it from you, given your hateful comments to me.
I suppose you make a special exception for me, right?
... meh.
I don't recall being nasty to you, or even posting to you?

What have I said?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179905 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
What do you know about China? Have you lived there?
What?
You should probably STFU about things that your ignorant of.
I'm just sayin or else be judged by people that do know.
"He's an idiot"
No, he's just ignorant.
"No, he's an idiot"
Eh, you're right.
Ignorance is limitless,, River.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#179906 Oct 13, 2013
I think it is, cause any position in religion will always require some kind of faith!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179907 Oct 13, 2013
John Henke wrote:
I think it is, cause any position in religion will always require some kind of faith!
Do you have a deep and abiding faith that unicorns don't exist?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179908 Oct 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There most likely was no such person as Jesus Christ, at least the person you think he was. There are NO contemporary accounts of Jesus outside of the bible, that is factual. There were some that shared this name that roamed the countryside preaching, but the Jesus depicted in the bible is a myth. Sorry for your loss!!!
Pure lunacy, the online atheist offer. There are historical transcripts between him and the other leaders of that era. A great example of how atheist go to far, and are frequently unworthy of a response.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179909 Oct 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
The government appears to regard the Falun Dafa as the most serious threat to the government since the 1989 student uprising. The government has historical reasons for their fear. China has had a history of religious and spiritual uprisings that had catastrophic effects on the country. "In the late 1770s, the White Lotus rebellion against the Qing dynasty was led by Wang Lun, a master of martial arts and herbal medicine." 2 Perhaps the most serious was the Taiping rebellion of 1845-1864 which was led by a leader who viewed himself as the Son of God. Some 20 million died in that revolt.
You've bee exposed once again as a liar. None of these articles you posted said anything about the Chinese Government forcing people to become Atheists. The government fears religious groups because of a history of revolts, it has NOTHING to do with turning people in Atheists. Perhaps it is you who needs to bone up on reading comprehension. It never says you can't worship in private, which is actually what all religions should do. It was actually this mythical Jesus dude that suggested people worship in private.
The first article you posted said nothing about the suppression of religion, so I don't know what you hoped to accomplish there.
I do thank you for submitting an article that demonstrated how poisonous religion really is, the Taiping rebellion where the leader thought he was God and attempted to spread Christianity throughout China.
As previously mentioned you have a low reading comprehension. It is no accident the three most suppressive nations in the world are atheist ran. You could go on otherwise until the cows come in, Americans are smarter than you think they are. Your ilk will never go far politically, and thank God for that. You could either cry about it as you do, or go where your ilk reign, deep down inside you know atheism sucks otherwise you would migrate. As I would if I was in an atheist ran country.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179910 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>I'm begnining to suspect something here...
.. and it begins to make a kind of horrible sense.
YOU are Bongo's alter-ego, just as sponge-bob loofuah is.
Hmmmm.... it almost fits:
## You both demonstrate a complete lack of education
## you both post hate
## you both post pathetic attempts to insult, when you cannot get your way
## you both believe in 100% bullshyt.
So are you the same poster?
Even if you are not?
IT DOES NOT MATTER:
You are both unable to convince a rat to go for some nice cheese...
... fail.
You are too smart, everyday I drive to Connecticut and post what an idiot you are, then I drive back to New Jersey to further post how stupid you are. Let's try this Sherlock Holmes. You and thinking remove your location block and post comments. I bet the last hair on your soulless balls that the two of you will be with in the same 30 miles radius.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179911 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You just don't get sarcasm, do you?
Giving the history of your comments and you God awful reading comprehension, I find it likely "you" are not being sarcastic. Your perception is completely backwards.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179912 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You are **exactly** like those folk in Germany who encouraged the eventual massacre of 6 million Jews.
Seriously: you are the same.
According to skeptic, Hitler was an atheist. He was raised Catholic, and denounce The Catholic Church. Hitler being atheist is clearly debatable.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#179913 Oct 13, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Your ilk will never go far politically, and thank God for that. You could either cry about it as you do, or go where your ilk reign, deep down inside you know atheism sucks otherwise you would migrate. As I would if I was in an atheist ran country.
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...

Only about 54% of USAmericans would vote for an atheist US president...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-mu...

Religion/atheism is divisive and outdated.

Religion = superstition

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179914 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You are exactly like the Nazis, who declares atheists were sub-human and worthy of the gas chambers.
It was an economic call. They favored greater punishment on people they thought would be powerless. French, English and American POWs got better treatment than Eastern Europeans. For some reason they all ways had a condescending point of view of Russians. I know some at this date will still call them sub-humans. They are, but that is because they are forced to be.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179915 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH
By your laughing, I can only surmise you approved of those Nazi Jew killers.

This is not surprising, considering your display of hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179916 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a man without sin and spoke uprightly.
Prove it.

There is **no** historical evidence for your Jesus even existing.

LET ALONE WHAT HE ALLEGEDLY SAID.

None.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179917 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You were formally a Christian, you are morbidly blighted. Hell hath no fury like an atheist scorned right Boob? You vehemently attack, youre no good, just a bigot, a wounded bigot. close to 80 thousand posts of vitriol, think about it , youre insane.
Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?

Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.

If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?

But even worse?

By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?

You present a god who is pure EVIL.

And that?

Is definitive proof your god isn't real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179918 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. How little confidence do you have in your faith and your belief system? A former christian is dangerous if they know some scripture? Why, because they are good at pointing out the absurdities, contradictions, and moral hogwash found on every single page?
Shouldn't a belief system be open to criticism? Aren't opposing viewpoints good? Why do you insist on insulating your mind and the minds of your fellow believers? Worried what might happen if you step outside the echo chamber and think about it too much? If you had true faith and you were truly comfortable with your belief system, you would not be worried about someone who knows their scripture, of all things.
Yep.
Bongo

Westbury, NY

#179919 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Prove it.
There is **no** historical evidence for your Jesus even existing.
LET ALONE WHAT HE ALLEGEDLY SAID.
None.
Come on blob the hater, sing those songs like you used to, pleaee, pretty please.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179920 Oct 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What an amazing young lady. Thank you for sharing that. She may call herself Muslim, but she is a champion for humanist values and an enemy of the Muslim church (or is it the mosque?). She reminds me of Martin Luther King. These people are not shaped by their religions. They shape their religions. And by what standards? Humanist values:
From the Affirmations of Humanism:
"We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion ... We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality."
From the church, which opposed the idea of the literacy of the masses, we get ideas more like these:
"Since God has spoken to us it is no longer necessary for us to think." St Augustine
"People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us [Joshua 10:13] that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth." - Martin Luther
As always, you strike to the core of the thing, and show what is really going on.

Yeah, she is going to change the face of Islam, I think.

I wish her all the success she can grab-- and more.

Religion needs more folk like her; who see knowledge itself as a worthy and valuable goal.

And you and I both know the end result of a pursuit of knowledge for it's own sake ...

.... <heh> ....

...... historians call one example, The Reformation or The Enlightenment-- where religion's shackles were thrown off for the first time in Europe.

:)
Bongo

Westbury, NY

#179921 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Your seething hate for me, and for people like me?
Is 100% proof that your god isn't real.
If your god WAS? Why has he not prevented me from speaking?
But even worse?
By permitting YOU TO SPEAK FOR YOUR GOD?
You present a god who is pure EVIL.
And that?
Is definitive proof your god isn't real.
Almost 80 thousand whining posts, youre the biggest cry baby on here, bob of quantum hate. Your inner child is wounded and its never gonna let go, right monkeys hand in the jar bob? For something that don't exist you do a lot of complaining, youre the hater, holding a grudge. In truth, the grudge is holding you, right.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179922 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I was speaking with respect to the wounded , and scorned ones. Disbelief is ok if its not coupled with a vehement revenge like attitude, i.e rev alan, bob of quantum . Like satan. The bright etc are probably not malevolent.
Revenge?

I want no revenge-- I just want you people to quite passing HATE-LAWS based on your ugly cult.

That is it.

You can continue to abuse your kids with your hate-cult's abusive message if you like-- I won't try to stop you.

But I **will** fight you when you try to pass LAWS based on your hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,110,915
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 305,669
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr broombroom 200,977
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 27,419
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••