Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243324 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#179893 Oct 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> "Sweet Lord Jesus, I'm not wearing any pannnntiesss....mmmmmm... "
You have some interesting fantasies, scar.

Some deep seated wishes and desires in you?

Go to a gay bar, someone there would be sure to help you with them.

Westcliffe, CO

#179894 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you ready for your human to digital interface installation, it comes with a free 64 gig SD card?
Already have it.

Remote control airplane I've mentioned before?

Tuned circuits swimming in a sea of signals.

Westcliffe, CO

#179895 Oct 13, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_circuit

Human beings, and all living creatures are made of these principles. They are also responsible for your thought, although you have a hellaceously complex feedback network modifying the environment you are in, resulting in less than uniform response to those external stimuli, both on th eindividual and collective scales.

Inductance, capacitance, and resistance are not something designed in our electrical technology. They are intrinsic principles of physics we learned to harness and affect our environment.

Don't let me get into how that technology has changed the environment we now live in. It has. It has overridden the natural flow Momma Earth developed leading up to and after we became part of the larger circuitry. May be a good thing, may be a bad one. We won't know until we get there.

Topix atheists, we are not separate from the universe. You just like to think so, even though you may pay lip service to evolution.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#179896 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L C_circuit
Human beings, and all living creatures are made of these principles. They are also responsible for your thought, although you have a hellaceously complex feedback network modifying the environment you are in, resulting in less than uniform response to those external stimuli, both on th eindividual and collective scales.
Inductance, capacitance, and resistance are not something designed in our electrical technology. They are intrinsic principles of physics we learned to harness and affect our environment.
Don't let me get into how that technology has changed the environment we now live in. It has. It has overridden the natural flow Momma Earth developed leading up to and after we became part of the larger circuitry. May be a good thing, may be a bad one. We won't know until we get there.
Topix atheists, we are not separate from the universe. You just like to think so, even though you may pay lip service to evolution.
DNA is the canvas, evolution is the paint.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#179897 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some interesting fantasies, scar.
Some deep seated wishes and desires in you?
Go to a gay bar, someone there would be sure to help you with them.
The voice of experience speaks.

The only problem is I'm not gay and I don't drink, Dave.

NTTAWWT

Westcliffe, CO

#179898 Oct 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
NTTAWWT
Eat your Wheaties, big boy. You are coming across as pretty weak lately.

Westcliffe, CO

#179899 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA is the canvas, evolution is the paint.
The environment is the canvas, the DNA is the brush strokes creating the form. Evolution is the whole picture.

The artist put it all together.

Or something like that.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#179900 Oct 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
NTTAWWT
An none gay atheist and you don't drink! Wow!

“Rising”

Milky Way

#179901 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The environment is the canvas, the DNA is the brush strokes creating the form. Evolution is the whole picture.
The artist put it all together.
Or something like that.
The environment (Earth) is the gallery.

Westcliffe, CO

#179902 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The environment (Earth) is the gallery.
The earth is a series of paintings hanging in a gallery. The entities living on it are the same, only the faces and bodies they use have changed.

What kind of art is that where you have different fluids mixing and creating different pictures?

“Rising”

Milky Way

#179903 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is a series of paintings hanging in a gallery. The entities living on it are the same, only the faces and bodies they use have changed.
What kind of art is that where you have different fluids mixing and creating different pictures?
A collage.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179904 Oct 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You surprise me with this level of tolerance.
Honestly, I did not expect it from you, given your hateful comments to me.
I suppose you make a special exception for me, right?
... meh.
I don't recall being nasty to you, or even posting to you?

What have I said?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179905 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
What do you know about China? Have you lived there?
What?
You should probably STFU about things that your ignorant of.
I'm just sayin or else be judged by people that do know.
"He's an idiot"
No, he's just ignorant.
"No, he's an idiot"
Eh, you're right.
Ignorance is limitless,, River.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#179906 Oct 13, 2013
I think it is, cause any position in religion will always require some kind of faith!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179907 Oct 13, 2013
John Henke wrote:
I think it is, cause any position in religion will always require some kind of faith!
Do you have a deep and abiding faith that unicorns don't exist?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179908 Oct 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There most likely was no such person as Jesus Christ, at least the person you think he was. There are NO contemporary accounts of Jesus outside of the bible, that is factual. There were some that shared this name that roamed the countryside preaching, but the Jesus depicted in the bible is a myth. Sorry for your loss!!!
Pure lunacy, the online atheist offer. There are historical transcripts between him and the other leaders of that era. A great example of how atheist go to far, and are frequently unworthy of a response.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179909 Oct 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
The government appears to regard the Falun Dafa as the most serious threat to the government since the 1989 student uprising. The government has historical reasons for their fear. China has had a history of religious and spiritual uprisings that had catastrophic effects on the country. "In the late 1770s, the White Lotus rebellion against the Qing dynasty was led by Wang Lun, a master of martial arts and herbal medicine." 2 Perhaps the most serious was the Taiping rebellion of 1845-1864 which was led by a leader who viewed himself as the Son of God. Some 20 million died in that revolt.
You've bee exposed once again as a liar. None of these articles you posted said anything about the Chinese Government forcing people to become Atheists. The government fears religious groups because of a history of revolts, it has NOTHING to do with turning people in Atheists. Perhaps it is you who needs to bone up on reading comprehension. It never says you can't worship in private, which is actually what all religions should do. It was actually this mythical Jesus dude that suggested people worship in private.
The first article you posted said nothing about the suppression of religion, so I don't know what you hoped to accomplish there.
I do thank you for submitting an article that demonstrated how poisonous religion really is, the Taiping rebellion where the leader thought he was God and attempted to spread Christianity throughout China.
As previously mentioned you have a low reading comprehension. It is no accident the three most suppressive nations in the world are atheist ran. You could go on otherwise until the cows come in, Americans are smarter than you think they are. Your ilk will never go far politically, and thank God for that. You could either cry about it as you do, or go where your ilk reign, deep down inside you know atheism sucks otherwise you would migrate. As I would if I was in an atheist ran country.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179910 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>I'm begnining to suspect something here...
.. and it begins to make a kind of horrible sense.
YOU are Bongo's alter-ego, just as sponge-bob loofuah is.
Hmmmm.... it almost fits:
## You both demonstrate a complete lack of education
## you both post hate
## you both post pathetic attempts to insult, when you cannot get your way
## you both believe in 100% bullshyt.
So are you the same poster?
Even if you are not?
IT DOES NOT MATTER:
You are both unable to convince a rat to go for some nice cheese...
... fail.
You are too smart, everyday I drive to Connecticut and post what an idiot you are, then I drive back to New Jersey to further post how stupid you are. Let's try this Sherlock Holmes. You and thinking remove your location block and post comments. I bet the last hair on your soulless balls that the two of you will be with in the same 30 miles radius.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179911 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You just don't get sarcasm, do you?
Giving the history of your comments and you God awful reading comprehension, I find it likely "you" are not being sarcastic. Your perception is completely backwards.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179912 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You are **exactly** like those folk in Germany who encouraged the eventual massacre of 6 million Jews.
Seriously: you are the same.
According to skeptic, Hitler was an atheist. He was raised Catholic, and denounce The Catholic Church. Hitler being atheist is clearly debatable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 2 hr The Anti-Flower C... 1,647
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Doomstar 1,251,456
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 6,254
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web