Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#179810 Oct 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the pot calling the kettle black?
Nope!

It is my laughter at you

<crickets chirping>

I know you are courageously battling literacy despite being reality challenged and fact allergic.

I gave you... Two easy questions that NOT ONE Christian can answer, including the highest Christian - Pope Francis.

What IF you have been worshiping the wrong deity?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#179811 Oct 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So was everyone.
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~yukimoon/BigBang...
That is the Big Bang theory. I didn't read it all the way through, but have read elsewhere that it contracted a bit, which is when matter started forming. The initial heat was spread over the expanse and a condensation occured, then an expansion began again.
One more time. The heat happened before it could be produced with matter in its present form. Seed or activated component.
Before the cooling and separation of matter from expansion of the singularity, it is surmised that gravity was linked to the other forces. So in this state called "superforce" all, matter was in the form of energy. And The strong, weak, nuclear forces were combined with electromagnetic energy and gravity into one.
compressed infinitely into a infinitesimal or aka: singularity.
It isn't surmised in BBT what caused this or caused it to expand into the hot dense state of inflation, but starts recording it from this condition. But it is believed to be linked to zero point energy. But the initial heat is the superforce.

Really

Daniels, WV

#179812 Oct 12, 2013
I don't c in this day and time how anyone can reasonablly believe in the rambling of the bible much less any other religion. People laugh at Muslims and a 100 virgins theory. Is a virgin having a baby more believable than that. Or a man named mosses made a boat big enough to hold to of all the creatures on the planet. We do not have a boat in existence today that could hold and supply enough food for that many animals plants and organisms. What a joke. All religion is to absurd to believe.
The only true belief is that of the native Americans. They believe in what is around us and to respect it. That being our mother earth and all its inhabitants. We came from nothing and we go to nothing. We as a people r not the soul beings of this planet we are merely part of it. It's all part of a flow of energy in life and death. There is a positive and a negative. It's a force unseen and unknown. All we need to do is take care of self family, community, nation, and most importantly our mother earth for it is not a part of us but we are all of it. We come from the earth and are returned to the earth and I believe the flow of life and energy will bring me home again.
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#179813 Oct 12, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
It is my laughter at you
<crickets chirping>
I know you are courageously battling literacy despite being reality challenged and fact allergic.
I gave you... Two easy questions that NOT ONE Christian can answer, including the highest Christian - Pope Francis.
What IF you have been worshiping the wrong deity?
o ou ouuuuuu
you are "genius"
like mr Pupeok Pee Pee von Glupi. who fly in his delusional rocket to the moon,and woke up drank in the local dumpster full of old stinking hamburgers,
with few white maggots penetrating your nose and stupid brain???
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#179814 Oct 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, I persist in continuing to vote.
Recognizing the system is rigged, and the whole is flawed.
Why?
So I can justifiably complain, with a clear conscious.
Anyone who doesn't vote? Cannot complain if the system doesn't work--- they did nothing either way.
That's the way I see it, at least.
Others have a different opinion, George Carlin being one of them.
Yes, I greatly admire Carlin, except for this one area, where I disagree with him.
But he tried to help in his way, I do the best I can in mine.
:)
They have already been pre-selected and purchased.
I would vote, IF paid, to do so ONLY.
It is voters that placed the politicians in office.
It is they that reap their own harvest.

The population has been "dumbed down" to accept the status quo.

No POTUS election has been decided by one vote.
I voted only once.
Nixon lied and did not end the Vietnam war as advertised.
I have not voted since. I do not trust any of them.
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#179815 Oct 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the cooling and separation of matter from expansion of the singularity, it is surmised that gravity was linked to the other forces. So in this state called "superforce" all, matter was in the form of energy. And The strong, weak, nuclear forces were combined with electromagnetic energy and gravity into one.
compressed infinitely into a infinitesimal or aka: singularity.
It isn't surmised in BBT what caused this or caused it to expand into the hot dense state of inflation, but starts recording it from this condition. But it is believed to be linked to zero point energy. But the initial heat is the superforce.
big bang till today cause great bangs inside of not developed Luci atheistic brains like yours,
mostly ashes from bing bang enter your a......and makes from all of you gays or lesbians with full closet of AAA male devices from 1 till 24 inch long?
that is what is happen with your stupid brain after great big bang with dense state of infaltion,recording it from good brain condition to completly retarded condition

and zero point of energy form your hole called a.... into female vagina or from your female part grows long 12 inch clitoris

this initial hit,is great big bang superforce penetrating idiots like you

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#179816 Oct 12, 2013
Really wrote:
I don't c in this day and time how anyone can reasonablly believe in the rambling of the bible much less any other religion. People laugh at Muslims and a 100 virgins theory. Is a virgin having a baby more believable than that. Or a man named mosses made a boat big enough to hold to of all the creatures on the planet. We do not have a boat in existence today that could hold and supply enough food for that many animals plants and organisms. What a joke. All religion is to absurd to believe.
The only true belief is that of the native Americans. They believe in what is around us and to respect it. That being our mother earth and all its inhabitants. We came from nothing and we go to nothing. We as a people r not the soul beings of this planet we are merely part of it. It's all part of a flow of energy in life and death. There is a positive and a negative. It's a force unseen and unknown. All we need to do is take care of self family, community, nation, and most importantly our mother earth for it is not a part of us but we are all of it. We come from the earth and are returned to the earth and I believe the flow of life and energy will bring me home again.
Mother Earth was born and maintained by larger forces and transfers of energy. Yes, as physical beings we are formed from what formed her. Our intelligence as physical consciousnesses was passed on to us from her, and to her from other places. It is the awareness of this larger scheme that created religions, including modern cosmology, seeking the ultimate source.

There is nothing wrong with that, as it is natural. But we are all blinded by the light we were born into and made from. The answers will come from within and when the lights go out.

Location hidden

#179817 Oct 12, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
They have already been pre-selected and purchased.
I would vote, IF paid, to do so ONLY.
It is voters that placed the politicians in office.
It is they that reap their own harvest.
The population has been "dumbed down" to accept the status quo.
No POTUS election has been decided by one vote.
I voted only once.
Nixon lied and did not end the Vietnam war as advertised.
I have not voted since. I do not trust any of them.
I thought you were 32 years old.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179818 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm begnining to suspect something here...
.. and it begins to make a kind of horrible sense.
YOU are Bongo's alter-ego, just as sponge-bob loofuah is.
Hmmmm.... it almost fits:
## You both demonstrate a complete lack of education
## you both post hate
## you both post pathetic attempts to insult, when you cannot get your way
## you both believe in 100% bullshyt.
So are you the same poster?
Even if you are not?
IT DOES NOT MATTER:
You are both unable to convince a rat to go for some nice cheese...
... fail.
That will be the day, you with your 3rd grade minus reading comprehension could insult me with comments of being stupid. There is a chance you do have a soul but just don't understand it. That of course would be better than being a soulless fool. 2/3 human
Imhotep

United States

#179819 Oct 12, 2013
awsome dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
o ou ouuuuuu
you are "genius"
like mr Pupeok Pee Pee von Glupi. who fly in his delusional rocket to the moon,and woke up drank in the local dumpster full of old stinking hamburgers,
with few white maggots penetrating your nose and stupid brain???
You do have a way with words, you should print your post and take it to church.

I was able to search the web and find your brain X-ray

http://www.thebluething.com/media/Homer-Simps...

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179820 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
How Jesus of you.
PS: your hate is showing.
Not really, Jesus would just let it go without saying. You, yourself admit you are a subhuman without a soul, and your 3rd grade reading comprehension is clear as day in your responses.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179821 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You are on Step Two of a THREE-STEP program to the Gas Chambers of Murder.
Oh, the drama of the whole thing. You are not a minority, and I am for religious freedom. I don't take atheist word for it that they are for religious freedom therefore I won't vote for one, that is a far cry from baking them. Perhaps you would prefer to be baked, oh whatever.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179822 Oct 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the name is offensive to native Americans, and I owned the team, I would change it.
I'd hold a naming contest, season tickets to the winner.
We should try to get along with one another.
I think out of respect to the American Indians the owner should meet with the groups that have a concern. Itís a public relations issue that should be carefully dealt with.

Perhaps charitable contributions from the NFL Team to American Indian charities would be in order. The wrong action to take is to dig in and say youíre not going to change the name. That action comes across as being insensitive and uncaring.

The idea would be to embrace the American Indian community and not disregard it. Changing a Teams name is going to have cost associated with it. If a name change is ever decided it could happen 3 or 4 years into the future so money could be budgeted over several years for the expense.
Really

Daniels, WV

#179823 Oct 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Earth was born and maintained by larger forces and transfers of energy. Yes, as physical beings we are formed from what formed her. Our intelligence as physical consciousnesses was passed on to us from her, and to her from other places. It is the awareness of this larger scheme that created religions, including modern cosmology, seeking the ultimate source.
There is nothing wrong with that, as it is natural. But we are all blinded by the light we were born into and made from. The answers will come from within and when the lights go out.
Well said. I just find it amusing that every religion thinks that is it and everyone else is crazy. There is a larger scheme in what is our existence. I'm aware of that. Everyone thinks that no religion means that u have no soul purpose in life yet I am at most peace with life more than the people that suppositvly have religion.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179824 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You are so unconvincing, you could not convince a squirrel to pick up a fresh pecan-- already shelled.
That's why there is no worm meat going for high office. You sort run and get less than a percent of the vote, we don't want you, nor need you. It'll be a sad day a sub-human gets respect in the American political world. Thank God that day is not coming.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#179825 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why there is no worm meat going for high office. You sort run and get less than a percent of the vote, we don't want you, nor need you. It'll be a sad day a sub-human gets respect in the American political world. Thank God that day is not coming.
I know you don't really care, but I really don't appreciate the sub-human name calling.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179826 Oct 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thats like saying "Eat shit, 20 trillion flies can't be wrong."
You're very good at making unsupported claims, some would actually call them lies. Now lets see if you are a bold faced liar or not. PRODUCE the documentation or any other pertinent evidence that more Atheists are Atheists because of government policing than by choice. I challenge you to prove to all of us that you are not a liar. I do believe you are a cowardly liar with absolutely no proof for your ridiculous claim.
Atheism IS coming to America, it has been here for some time now and is growing among young people.
The rise of atheism in America The number of disbelievers is growing, but they remain America's least trusted minority. Why? By The Week Staff | April 13, 2012
The National Atheist Organization's "Reason Rally" in March: 19 percent of the American public spurns organized religion in favor of skepticism about faith. Allison Shelley/Getty Images H
ow many atheists are there?
It depends on your definition of the term. Only between 1.5 and 4 percent of Americans admit to so-called "hard atheism," the conviction that no higher power exists. But a much larger share of the American public (19 percent) spurns organized religion in favor of a nondefined skepticism about faith. This group, sometimes collectively labeled the "Nones," is growing faster than any religious faith in the U.S. About two thirds of Nones say they are former believers; 24 percent are lapsed Catholics and 29 percent once identified with other Christian denominations. David Silverman, president of American Atheists, claims these Nones as members of his tribe. "If you don't have a belief in God, you're an atheist," he said. "It doesn't matter what you call yourself."
OPPS, here we come, are you ready????????
I didn't read after your claim that Chinese do not force people to be atheist. One tall glass of shut the **** up coming up.

http://wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com/2008/08/c...

http://www.chinamedia.com/news/2011/11/09/bei...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rt_china.ht...

Now say something stupid to further show you lack of reading comprehension and your inability to admit you are wrong. Honestly, that was the most stuuuuuppppppiiiddd statement I have read, and I have read little red bobbing hood's post here.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179827 Oct 12, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said this before, and I will say it again.... religion does not build a persons moral code, nor did morality come from religion.
Not a person's but it does form what is socially acceptable. You don't believe those that tell you religion did save them. I can't help you with that detail.

Location hidden

#179828 Oct 12, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. I just find it amusing that every religion thinks that is it and everyone else is crazy. There is a larger scheme in what is our existence. I'm aware of that. Everyone thinks that no religion means that u have no soul purpose in life yet I am at most peace with life more than the people that suppositvly have religion.
There is a difference between being spiritual and being religious. Religion is following the herd. So is being a Topix atheist and denial of the spiritual nature of man because they read it in a book. Both are blinded by the light and their pride.

I would think the creative force is big enough to accept many different beliefs of what it was, as long as it is acknowledged to exist.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#179829 Oct 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a person's but it does form what is socially acceptable. You don't believe those that tell you religion did save them. I can't help you with that detail.
I completely believe that a person can believe that religion has "saved" them. I do not agree, but it's their belief, not mine, and as long as they do not try to force me to believe it, or try to make laws that manipulate the way I choose to live then I don't care one bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin For Life 28,477
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min killtaker 1,156,045
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr Roy the Boy 692
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Cpexker1313 307,092
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 12 hr litesong 2,740
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 17 hr best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web