Yet, I persist in continuing to vote.<quoted text>
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Things up here in the Land Of The Stupid (rethugs), it looks like those idiots are finally realizing they simply don't have unlimited power...
.. and are capitulating.
It's funny: the ReThugs' are polling at LOWER than even when they tried to impeach Clinton.
If you can fathom that-- pretty much everyone blames them for the shutdown.
I so wish this was an election year-- they would all be out on their lazy parasitic backsides...
Sir Robert and Doc,
We have the very best politicians money can buy -and it does. ;) They don't work for the people - they work for their careers and their owners.
The USA is a Oligarchy.
Why Europe laughs at the USA...
Failed Republican(tea party) concepts advertised globally during the 2012 election run up...
1. The inerrant bible trumps the constitution
2. Evolution and Global warming are a hoax
3. College students and those seeking education are snobs
4. Gay Americans are an abomination
5. Poor people deserve to be poor
6. Union workers are socialists
7. The unemployed are lazy parasites unwilling to work
8. 50% of Latinos are illegal until proven otherwise
9. Women using birth control are sluts
10. Corporations are people
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Recognizing the system is rigged, and the whole is flawed.
So I can justifiably complain, with a clear conscious.
Anyone who doesn't vote? Cannot complain if the system doesn't work--- they did nothing either way.
That's the way I see it, at least.
Others have a different opinion, George Carlin being one of them.
Yes, I greatly admire Carlin, except for this one area, where I disagree with him.
But he tried to help in his way, I do the best I can in mine.