Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179660 Oct 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Sub-human... seriously???? lol
Indeed.

It is one of several ways True Believers™ use to "justify" their programs of murder, mass-killing and worse.

After all-- unbelievers are not really human, right?

Just animals.. right?

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179661 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see, did you forget free will, man has the power to do whatever they want, if a human chooses to murder, is that God's fault?
Absolutely. Unless... your god IS NOT IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING?

Then?

And and ONLY then?

Would your god be absolved of being COMPLACENT in the murder.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179662 Oct 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those describe me, Bongo. You didn't really think that toenail story was true did you? It's just a game. Two things: You left out vegan and when you call somebody a lesbian you don't really need to add the female.
Really? I cannot be a male lesbian?

Why not?

I really do prefer women....

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179663 Oct 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bob. Thanks. Good to see you as well. It's been a while.
It has.

Things up here in the Land Of The Stupid (rethugs), it looks like those idiots are finally realizing they simply don't have unlimited power...

.. and are capitulating.

It's funny: the ReThugs' are polling at LOWER than even when they tried to impeach Clinton.

If you can fathom that-- pretty much everyone blames them for the shutdown.

I so wish this was an election year-- they would all be out on their lazy parasitic backsides...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179664 Oct 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You know the deal blackbaboon,
How Jesus of you: to belittle those you are jealous of.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#179665 Oct 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, so good.
<quoted text>
No, the heat *is* the randomness of the motion: how the size of the velocities and the directions are distributed. The heat doesn't exist in the bonds: it is the motion.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. The vibrations of the molecules are in the distances between the molecules. In this situation, the space itself is constant.The molecules move, not the space.
<quoted text>
No. You get heat when those charges make things move.
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
No. The heat in a motor is caused by the changing magnetic fields making the atoms move more.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Heat is not a force. if anything, it is an energy.
<quoted text>
No, neither forces nor heat are 'vibrations of the medium this universe was created in'.
And we see now that *your* understanding is minimal. That is partly because of sloppiness in your concepts and partly because you don't grasp some basic facts. But both are helped by a little bit of math.
But you don't really want to understand: you want something that aligns with your intuitions, even if it is false.
You are inconsistent in your descriptions.

Now, this is on the right path.

"The heat doesn't exist in the bonds: it is the motion."

Which is what I have been saying. The motion of space being displaced. Your little quantum thingies. Those bonds vibrate space, sort of like guitar strings vibrate air. Those vibrations are your heat.

As I have pointed out before, modern math physics has taken the whole, broken it down to tiny parts, andthen went south worshipping those tiny parts as the gods of the universe. They hit a brick wall and started working backwards. Your own BBT says those atoms, and constituent parts thereof were formed after the expansion. That whirlpool analogy I have used before. The compression of the universe causes a hard focusing of energy creating those nuclei. That is why they can be stripped down by other outside forces within the apparent closed system of the universe. That is also why those strong localized forces can be moved around by larger and much weaker forces.

The universe was created from without, not within. That singularity was not something that popped out of nothing, it was a something energized to start a process. We do it all of the time in our technology.

Thingies are results of processes, not the origination or first cause.

Heat is your quantum carrier. It isn't the apparent particle generating those vibrations, but the vibration of space between them.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179666 Oct 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. God doesn't exist.
The Atheist said to a group of farmers in the barbershop,“There ain’t no hell.”

Then one of the farmers stood up and pointed his finger at the Atheist and said,

“The hell there ain’t!”
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179667 Oct 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not explain why there are 40,000 DIFFERENT flavors of "christian".
Why is that?
Each flavor claims to be THE ONE AND ONLY.
Yet? There are more than 40,000 and the number keeps going UP.
Why?
1 Kings 18:

20 So Ahab sent word throughout all Israel and assembled the prophets on Mount Carmel. 21 Elijah went before the people and said,“How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him.”
But the people said nothing.
22 Then Elijah said to them,“I am the only one of the Lord’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. 23 Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. 24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire—he is God.”
Then all the people said,“What you say is good.”
25 Elijah said to the prophets of Baal,“Choose one of the bulls and prepare it first, since there are so many of you. Call on the name of your god, but do not light the fire.” 26 So they took the bull given them and prepared it.
Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon.“Baal, answer us!” they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the altar they had made.
27 At noon Elijah began to taunt them.“Shout louder!” he said.“Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened.” 28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed. 29 Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention.
30 Then Elijah said to all the people,“Come here to me.” They came to him, and he repaired the altar of the Lord, which had been torn down. 31 Elijah took twelve stones, one for each of the tribes descended from Jacob, to whom the word of the Lord had come, saying,“Your name shall be Israel.” 32 With the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord, and he dug a trench around it large enough to hold two seahs[a] of seed. 33 He arranged the wood, cut the bull into pieces and laid it on the wood. Then he said to them,“Fill four large jars with water and pour it on the offering and on the wood.”
34 “Do it again,” he said, and they did it again.
“Do it a third time,” he ordered, and they did it the third time. 35 The water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench.
36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed:“Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried,“The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179668 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You forget where god lives.
In the mind of those who believe.
Yes, Amen, in the mind and hearts.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179669 Oct 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, really? How many of those who flew the plane into the WTC were good men until religion poisoned their minds? Do you think they were born evil? Don't you think the promise of 700 virgins just might have made their decision a little easier?
There are many good people who behave horribly because of religion. The people that belong to the Westboro Baptist Church probably are loving parents, treat each other with dignity and respect, on every other level are most likely pillars for the community, but religion has poisoned their minds against homosexuals to the point were they force their way into the funerals for those killed in action holding signs that say..."THANK GOD FOR IED'S. The hatred they have for homosexuals is fueled every sunday by Rev, Felps.
The people who shoot doctors at abortion clinics where not born as murderers, religion saw to that.
We have a former President, a war hero, one of the bravest men ever, a good man, but because of religion he feels that Atheists should not be allowed to vote and do not deserve to be citizens of this country. I won't even go into that dark religiously inspired period called the Inquisition.
Your point is feeble, you pick one incident, a terrorists bombing by what you would consider bad men. They weren't always bad, religion made then do what they did. Once again "To get a good amn to do bad things, that takes religion.
“There are many good people who behave horribly because of religion.”

Doctor, I disagree with your analogy. Good people are good until they do something bad. They cross that line. Once they step over that line goodness is lost and they are identified by their last act.

People who have shot and murdered Doctors in abortion clinics are murders. Plain and simple, they are not good people but murders. The Doctors that murder babies near full term are also murders.

Now let’s delve into the Westboro Baptist Church. They are Americans and are entitled to their belief and opinions. However picketing a funeral of our fallen soldiers is very disrespectful. Not only that it’s dangerous and provoking a confrontation.

But providing they are far enough away so as not to disrupt the funeral service they have a right to protest. We have to remember that service member died for freedom.
If they were protesting too close. It's time to break out the paint ball guns.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179670 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then one of the farmers stood up and pointed his finger at the Atheist and said,
“The hell there ain’t!”
awww, grandpa!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179671 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is this and excuse for what YOU SAID?
Ahh, I get it, must be a case of sloping shoulders
More simply put, you don’t understand what you are reading. This is why your replies are so far off base. It may be a disability you have in reading.

I could write something about flowers and you will respond with something about showers. You are not grasping the concept. It may be a disability but if you work on it you could improve.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179672 Oct 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The only problem here is there is NO such thing as "free will" It is impossible for it to be free will when you MUST face the consequences. That is in complete conflict with the definition of *FREE* I hold a gun to your head and tell you that you have "free will" to give me your wallet or not, but if you don't I'll blow your brains out. This is exactly the same as the threat of eternal torment if you don't do as God wished. Free will means to GIVE or RECEIVE something without expectation of return.
Your problem isn't over with this illusion of free will. Your God is omnipotent, or so they say, he knows everything and can see what will happen inn the future. He can see exactly what you will be doing in the future, he can see the pathway you have taken. You come to a fork in the road, the future see's you taking the fork right, Gods see's that you have taken the right fork, there is NO way you could have possibly taken the left fork. You think you have exercised free will by taking the right fork but your pathway had already ben determined. Free will is an illusion, God knows the future and the pathways you will take, that is unless you are wiling to say that God CANNOT see the future, and CANNOT see what you will be doing in the future. I that case your God is NOT omnipotent and is therefor completely useless.
No Doctor, free will means you have a choice.

Some make bad choices in life. They have to pay the consequences. Example the free will to start smoking. However long term smokers have to pay the pied piper in the end.

You are free to choose if you want to believe in God or if you don’t want to. What will be the consequence? To be determined. I say that because you have the right to change your mind right up to the very second you pass away.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#179673 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need the mathematics to understand. You do need something like it to standardize some concepts. You are stuck in a mathematical abstraction thinking and lose sight of physics. Look at your references to calculations and such.
Friction is caused by molecules of two different objects trying to shear each other. Very, very small sawtoothy things pressed together by gravity or mechanical force, or even magnetically. The molecules aren't moving randomly, they are reacting according to the laws of physics which stresses their bonds and heat is generated. That is vibrations of the space surrounding them. You will also get heat generated by two charges displacing space around them. Your strong force and the motion is one example. Electric motors are another. Heat is transfered through the bondings of mass if present, the web of charges creating mass, or as light if not. This heat is your basic force, which is a vibration of the medium this universe was created in.
That's what physics is , it is using math as a tool to measure things. The concept is one thing , the explanation of what it is doing exactly IS physics.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#179674 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are inconsistent in your descriptions.
Now, this is on the right path.
"The heat doesn't exist in the bonds: it is the motion."
Which is what I have been saying. The motion of space being displaced. Your little quantum thingies. Those bonds vibrate space, sort of like guitar strings vibrate air. Those vibrations are your heat.
As I have pointed out before, modern math physics has taken the whole, broken it down to tiny parts, andthen went south worshipping those tiny parts as the gods of the universe. They hit a brick wall and started working backwards. Your own BBT says those atoms, and constituent parts thereof were formed after the expansion. That whirlpool analogy I have used before. The compression of the universe causes a hard focusing of energy creating those nuclei. That is why they can be stripped down by other outside forces within the apparent closed system of the universe. That is also why those strong localized forces can be moved around by larger and much weaker forces.
The universe was created from without, not within. That singularity was not something that popped out of nothing, it was a something energized to start a process. We do it all of the time in our technology.
Thingies are results of processes, not the origination or first cause.
Heat is your quantum carrier. It isn't the apparent particle generating those vibrations, but the vibration of space between them.
Thermal energy isn't the motion of space. It is in the kinetic and potential energy in the motion of matter AKA: the speed that atoms spin and vibrate.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179675 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The hell there ain’t!”
Is there a punchline?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179676 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a punchline?
What is your view on the pressure on the Washington Redskins to change their name?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#179678 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Thermal energy isn't the motion of space. It is in the kinetic and potential energy in the motion of matter AKA: the speed that atoms spin and vibrate.
Spin and vibrate, eh?

That's motion, isn't it?

There is a lot of space between particles, which are not really "hard" particles. We have had this discussion before. I believe Poly even admitted they were charged fields. You have the basic stuff of matter holding matter together. Whether it is a few interlocked molecules or a block of steel. There is no hard direct link between particles. Charge over distance, and thus over space. You have no direct link to carry heat. You have charged fields acting as fan blades on space. Space is getting pumped around within the molecular structure. The heat then affects the charges and you get photons or light generated to get rid of the excess stress on the web of charges. Take away the external stresses causing the stress, such as the rest of the universe's EM and gravity, and you would get no light because there is no heat, or stress, to cause light to be formed and emitted.

Heat is packets of space created by that spinning and swirling bunch of charges. Take a freeze frame of a molecule and you will see compartments of space trapped within it.

This is because the universe was created from the outside in, not the magical inside out modern physics and Topix atheists seek. Whirlpools and eddys following streams.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179679 Oct 11, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Doctor, free will means you have a choice.
If we really do have a choice, why won't you f*ck off once we've chosen?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some make bad choices in life. They have to pay the consequences.
What is the consequence of lying about god to complete strangers?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Example the free will to start smoking. However long term smokers have to pay the pied piper in the end.
Every dies at the end, so it makes no difference.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to choose if you want to believe in God or if you don’t want to.
Belief in god is not a choice, it depends on if you suffer from the mental illness of faith or not.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be the consequence? To be determined.
Another attempt at threatening atheists with no evidence.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that because you have the right to change your mind right up to the very second you pass away.
You say everything you say because you are a mentally ill creationist with no proof of god who has converted nobody through your relentless religious stupidity.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179680 Oct 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin and vibrate, eh?
That's motion, isn't it?
There is a lot of space between particles, which are not really "hard" particles. We have had this discussion before. I believe Poly even admitted they were charged fields. You have the basic stuff of matter holding matter together. Whether it is a few interlocked molecules or a block of steel. There is no hard direct link between particles. Charge over distance, and thus over space. You have no direct link to carry heat. You have charged fields acting as fan blades on space. Space is getting pumped around within the molecular structure. The heat then affects the charges and you get photons or light generated to get rid of the excess stress on the web of charges. Take away the external stresses causing the stress, such as the rest of the universe's EM and gravity, and you would get no light because there is no heat, or stress, to cause light to be formed and emitted.
Heat is packets of space created by that spinning and swirling bunch of charges. Take a freeze frame of a molecule and you will see compartments of space trapped within it.
This is because the universe was created from the outside in, not the magical inside out modern physics and Topix atheists seek. Whirlpools and eddys following streams.
Concentrate on proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about, there's a good creationist troll...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emeem 1,110,562
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min take a number 200,969
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr sassyjm 305,652
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,403
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••