Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,616)

Showing posts 172,301 - 172,320 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> fibber, one legged atheist lesbian female fibber
Lesbians ARE females, You're being redundant, if you're going to resort to insults at least try and be grammatically correct!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer your 8 questions, from post #179508 on page 8616 . Again, I all ready know you are not respectfully asking these questions. I have all ready noted your are soulless, therefore your condescending comments only displays your sub human ways.
1) An energy that travels as it wishes, frequently choosing to host a human body
2) yes, an energy with in you
3) No, unless you want to call many people a liar
4) the soul enters the pregnant woman, some have reported dream.
5) Just not enough energy to support all of the universes intelligent life.
6) people like yourself would never cooperate for such experiment. as clearly seen here you people have no respect for sciences that say we do have souls, and I won't waste my time posting them
7) The soul lives another life after this life
8) I do think that is possible
I'm looking for just a bit more clarification here.

1.) Is there something or someone guiding this energy? Something or someone must guide this energy into a human body.

2.) If this energy is physically a part of the human body why can't it be detected by neuroscience?

3.) So it ONLY enters pregnant women? Can it enter a man? Do you think that someone having a dream validates your theory on souls?

4.) Who gets to decide which of us gets a soul? Someone has to left out since there is not enough energy for all intelligent beings? What if the people who do everything that is required to get a soul, but there is simply NOT enough energy to go around? Thanks for your answers
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> But Gods failures are better than the greatness of mortal man.
Thanks for admitting your God is NOT omnipotent, who knew!!!!

Of course when you really consider some of his creations it's not hard to see how many failures he's had. Like the late great George Carlin said about God and his ineptness. "In any other decently run universe this guy would have bee thrown out on his ass a long time ago."
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what God could've done to Hitler to prevent WW2
How about every time a German soldier touched any kind of weapon, it immediately heated to 1000 degrees. Guns, tanks, ships, planes, every thing that could be used as a weapon. He could do this for the Allies as well. No weapons, no war, easy. Could your God do something like this if he wanted?

It's actually an old Star Trek bit.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer your 8 questions, from post #179508 on page 8616 . Again, I all ready know you are not respectfully asking these questions. I have all ready noted your are soulless, therefore your condescending comments only displays your sub human ways.
1) An energy that travels as it wishes, frequently choosing to host a human body
2) yes, an energy with in you
3) No, unless you want to call many people a liar
4) the soul enters the pregnant woman, some have reported dream.
5) Just not enough energy to support all of the universes intelligent life.
6) people like yourself would never cooperate for such experiment. as clearly seen here you people have no respect for sciences that say we do have souls, and I won't waste my time posting them
7) The soul lives another life after this life
8) I do think that is possible
Sub-human... seriously???? lol

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

The truth will set you free

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You only have two choices here;
1.) Your God is omnipotent and has the power to eliminate all evil in the world
2.) Your God is NOT omnipotent and cannot eliminate all of the evil in the world.
If number one is true then you God is cruel beyond belief. He's nothing more than an immoral barbaric war lord who is unwilling to eliminate gratuitous suffering. You are more compassionate and moral than the God you worship. If you came across a someone about to be brutally murdered, and you had the power to stop such a crime without any possible harm to yourself, would you? If you saw a small child dying of starvation, would you not offer it food and drink? Would you, as a decent human being, go out of your way to assist someone in need, especially if it was of absolutely no inconvenience to you? If you can answer yes to any of these, and I'm quite sure you would, then you have just proven how much more compassionate and moral you are than the God you worship/
If number two is true, then your God is completely useless.
In my original post I never mentioned God stopping WW2, or for that matter stopping any wars. I asked why your GOD who is supposed to answer prayers, never answered those of the millions of Jews during the holocaust.
Well, let's see, did you forget free will, man has the power to do whatever they want, if a human chooses to murder, is that God's fault?

For example, if you murdered someone, would you blame God for what YOU done, now WW2.

God has his reasons, I ask again, do you think a event as huge as that God will stop over night?

God has his reasons, now disease.

I would like to say humans put this on themselves. Gays, and yes gays, for sleeping together created mankind's worst disease, AIDs.

Now that's one of course man is looking for a cure which is out there somewhere, diseases like Cancer God allows to happen but doesn't make it happen, God made a medicine for every disease on this planet, but us, Humans decided they don't want to help the poor countries. God saved many babies but because humans refused to listing to God.

I think Humans are to blame for Earth's havoc, especially since they didn't want to follow God's instructions since Adam and Eve.

I repeated things so you atheists can see.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> fibber, one legged atheist lesbian female fibber
All of those describe me, Bongo. You didn't really think that toenail story was true did you? It's just a game. Two things: You left out vegan and when you call somebody a lesbian you don't really need to add the female.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those describe me, Bongo. You didn't really think that toenail story was true did you? It's just a game. Two things: You left out vegan and when you call somebody a lesbian you don't really need to add the female.

He had to add female River , you know because he thinks he is a lesbian too.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see, did you forget free will, man has the power to do whatever they want, if a human chooses to murder, is that God's fault?
For example, if you murdered someone, would you blame God for what YOU done, now WW2.
God has his reasons, I ask again, do you think a event as huge as that God will stop over night?
I would like to say humans put this on themselves. Gays, and yes gays, for sleeping together created mankind's worst disease, AIDs.
Now that's one of course man is looking for a cure which is out there somewhere, diseases like Cancer God allows to happen but doesn't make it happen, God made a medicine for every disease on this planet, but us, Humans decided they don't want to help the poor countries. God saved many babies but because humans refused to listing to God.
I think Humans are to blame for Earth's havoc, especially since they didn't want to follow God's instructions since Adam and Eve.
How can god have his reasons, when your cult can't even prove god? You need to write down your religious lies and make sure you have evidence for all of your words.

Atheists will think you are mentally ill otherwise

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Do you think God can just end WW2 over night? Do you think God can just make every gun in Germany get stuck over night? Do you think God can just make WW2 disappear and be completely forgotten over night?
An omnipotent one could. And if it were also omniscient and omnibenevolent, it would. To me, the fact that that war even occurred is testimony that no such god exists.
Carchar king wrote:
If he stopped a massive event like WW2 over night, stopped AIDs in a second and completely wiped out drugs In a flash etc. Humans will know he exists, be well prepared for Judgement day, and God wants humans to be prepared by believing in him, not because he did that amazing thing and that wonderful thing.
That's a pretty strong indictment against your god. Rather than be known through the senses by everybody, loved by everybody, and saving everybody, he prefers to hide and save only the fraction that can guess correctly that he exists, and to torment the rest for eternity.

It's remarkable how much you accept about your god and continue worshiping it anyway.
Carchar king wrote:
God gave humans a chance in the Biblical times to believe in him, after he revealed himself so many times, but still most people did not accept him as the True God.
That should tell you something right there. How could a god that actually appeared be mistaken for anything else?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
DOC!
I cannot express how happy I am to see your post, here-- and I haven't even read it--
-- it's just gratifying to see you alive and well.
(raises a toast to the good doctor)
Hey Bob. Thanks. Good to see you as well. It's been a while.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what God could've done to Hitler to prevent WW2
Made him a good, loving man.

What kind of a being has the ability to do that but won't?

What would Satan have done differently had he been in charge of the universe instead?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
You cannot prove anything to a person not willing and able to be convinced by a proof. It is necessary that you be able to understand the proof, which is why I could not prove the Pythagorean theorem to toddler, and that you be willing to be convinced by compelling evidence supported by a compelling argument, which is why Christians reject proofs of their god's nonexistence.
For example, it's easy to demonstrate to an open mind that no omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent god exists to watch over us and protect us. The human condition rules out that possibility. If there are gods, they either don't know us, can't help us, or don't care enough to do so. Only people committed to believing otherwise reject such an argument.
Want more? Of course you don't. But here it is anyway:
Perfection doesn't allow for change, since either the before or after state would have been less than perfect. You cant change the shape of a perfectly straight line or perfect circle without making it imperfect. Likewise, a perfect god couldn't create anything or even think anything without losing perfection.
Here's more evidence of your god's nonexistence:
If your god existed, it wouldn't tolerate blasphemy, its church wouldn't be withering away, it couldn't have been expelled from grade schools, its intelligent designs would be unmistakeable, the bible's creation myth wouldn't have been so incorrect, and there would be only one religion, which wouldn't even be recognized as religion - just more science.
Don't you think that it's a little insincere for faith based thinkers to argue about proof since evidence and proof are of little interest to them? They don't require it of the things they believe, and when the evidence contradicts those faith based beliefs, they ignore it. What else do we have to offer to prove anything apart from evidence and reason to which the closed mind is as impervious as Superman is to bullets? How can even that which is provable be proven to such a mind?
"Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.Ē- Mike Huben
Robert Stevens wrote:
I am not a Christian.
With all due respect, that's a judgment that I'll make myself. My definition of Christian may vary from yours. Mine is an operational definition. I don't really care what you believe, just how you behave.

Good rebuttal, by the way.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Your post just shows good reason for people to never vote for an atheist.
You didn't learn much from the Bush years, did you?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
I don't hate you, I just would never vote for your political agenda. It's a free country, you are entitled to your freedom of religion. With enough control of the government, I don't believe you would afford us such freedoms.
You think you know my political agenda after a half dozen posts over 24 hours, none political? I didn't know I had a political agenda. What do you think it is?

What's your political agenda, and how does it differ from mine?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> But Gods failures are better than the greatness of mortal man.
That's a judgment on your part, and it seems a very biased one. I disagree. To me, men's greatest achievements - such as visiting the moon and returning alive - are greater than your god's failures, like that flood, or Hitler.

It's hard not to notice that believers tend to call whatever their god is said to have done good and great, whatever the motive, whatever the result. I do it the other way around. I look at the outcome, and judge the god based on it. If the results cause or allow pain, grief, anguish, and the like, they're not good or great.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Time and time again, evil and ignorant creationists use their cult as an excuse to hate on homosexuals.

Will lying theists ever learn to keep their prejudices to themselves?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think AIDS is mankind's worst disease, your grasp of history is a weak as your grasp on reality.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so FOS.
Your "energy" is your God, and you can't explain or describe it.
Hiding behind complexity, not knowing what you know, just to argue. Just like a woman.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so FOS.
Your "energy" is your God, and you can't explain or describe it.
Hiding behind complexity, not knowing what you know, just to argue. Just like a woman.
Stop making assumptions based on your limited intellect and misogynistic stupidity

Are you saying that the worlds leading cosmologist and particle physicists etc at the perimeter institute who have spent a combined hundreds of man years studying their subjects donít know what they are talking about and you, who hasnít, does?

I canít even blame the fact that you are a man of little brain and can only assume tha the davesworld you inhabit is a really weird place.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, forgot.
"At this time, the Universe was in an extremely hot and dense state and began expanding rapidly."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
You will find that same description everywhere.
One word

SINGULARITY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you go through life not understanding what you read?
Full Definition of COMPREHENSION
a : the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding
b : knowledge gained by comprehending
c : the capacity for understanding fully <mysteries that are beyond our comprehension>
a : the act or process of comprising
b : the faculty or capability of including : comprehensiveness
: connotation 3
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/com...
And why is this and excuse for what YOU SAID?

Ahh, I get it, must be a case of sloping shoulders

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,301 - 172,320 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,072,064
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Mike 304,896
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 15 hr Sophia 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••