Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179401 Oct 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again for showing us how hateful you and your religion is
and what is a hatheist ?(hat heist?)
/I'm proud to be irreligious!
LMAO!

.... still laughing at your "hat heist".....!

I can see it now-- he's been stealing baseball caps for years...

... LOL!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179402 Oct 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
For what may be the 20th time, I will explain this to you.(you) are and atheist, you do not believe in souls.
1) Is it because you have none.
I think that is most likely.
2) You just don't want to admit you do have one.
3) You fear the suggestion of a post life trial.
My beliefs is it really is not that bad, but I don't know your story, and I am not asking.
4) The books involved may be beyond your comprehension.
This is not as insulting as you may think. Books of this nature are complex.
You asking me this shows your disrespect for the topic. If you really did want this knowledge you would go buy one of the many books that will teach you this. It is a different culture, which is why answer #4 would very likely apply. For me to post a two plus paragraph answer would be my disrespecting the topic, and I do believe that is your goal. If you don't get what I just told you. You really should read more books, and do start with what you find to be your cup of tea.
"There is a lot of evidence. I am not even going to waste my time posting it."

This from your post #179090. You claim to have evidence for souls but you are to cowardly to share this evidence. Could it be that is does not exist? Why don't you let ME decide if this book is beyond my comprehension. So post the title of the book and be prepared to post the evidence found therein, otherwise your just another moonbat claiming that which cannot be proven. I can wait!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179403 Oct 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> This is your personal opinion, since you reject science
if is a fallacious one. I already told you his contributions to science. His opinion is different from yours about how the universe was created. That takes nothing away from his contributions to hard science, nor does it make them irrelevant. Your inability to understand that is your mistake.
Basically it's like you are telling the mechanic how to fix your car when...you have no idea what's wrong with it.
It is much worse-- not only is he clueless about cars in general?

He does not own a car, and never has owned one-- at best, he caught a brief ride in a car, long ago in public school. And at the time, he was not paying attention anyhow, as he was sucking his thumb the for the whole ride home...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179404 Oct 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>In science there can be more than one hypothesis. And I seriously doubt there are 20 theories on how life started on Earth. The most accepted answer is biogenesis. Life from non-living. Science is pretty sure that biogenesis is possible they just don't know the exact details just yet.
spawns.
I think you will find this definition of cosmology rather interesting. Notice the word “philosophers” repeated throughout the definition.

Wiki:

Cosmology is the study of the origins and eventual fate of the universe. Physical cosmology is the scholarly and scientific study of the origin, evolution, structure, dynamics, and ultimate fate of the universe, as well as the natural laws that keep it in order.

[1] Religious cosmology (or mythological cosmology) is a body of beliefs based on the historical, mythological, religious, and esoteric literature and traditions of creation and eschatology.

Physical cosmology is studied by scientists, such as astronomers, and theoretical physicists; and academic philosophers, such as metaphysicians, philosophers of physics, and philosophers of space and time.

Modern cosmology is dominated by the Big Bang theory, which attempts to bring together observational astronomy and particle physics.[2]

Although the word cosmology is recent (first used in 1730 in Christian Wolff's Cosmologia Generalis), the study of the universe has a long history involving science, philosophy, esotericism and religion. Related studies include cosmogony, which focuses on the origin of the Universe, and cosmography, which maps the features of the Universe. Cosmology is also connected to astronomy, but while the former is concerned with the Universe as a whole, the latter deals with individual celestial objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179405 Oct 8, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, your wheel is spinning furiously but the hamsters been dead for years.
Sir Robert has been a long time friend.
I don't believe I have never responded to a post of yours before Mr. Stephens
Be advised...
Satan fears me! ;)
He shudders, soils his suit, rams his horns into a Christian sinner and laments...
"Imhotep's awake! Grrr...
That irreligious bastard!
I just do not understand it!
Every evil I heap upon him slides off like pimples on an Italian!
Goddamnit, he pisses me off.
Allah forgiving my temper.
Constantly mocking my existence with common sense and those damned FACTS.
I begged, in fact pleaded with my alter ego - Jesus, for a lightning bolt or something...
Jesus can't even light Imhotep's joint!
How dare this venomous human taunt me!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Sacrilege! Liar! I won.
< Everything is so green>
Now I'm hungry and everything here is burnt to "hell in a hand casket" :(
What in the <hell> is a evil demon to do... in the face of reality?
One day... I'll promise...
I'll kick his ass... provided he believes that I exist."
LOL! "The devil went down to Jamaica". Funny stuph.
Imhotep

Asheboro, NC

#179406 Oct 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the response, I read it with "Stand by your man" playing in the background. You brought a tear to my eye.
You are welcome. ;)

Background music... ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.

So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.

Irony meter goes boom!

Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?

After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179407 Oct 8, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe... The Bible is inspired word of God isn't it?
Lol
Here is Matthew routinely ignored for centuries and churches constructed.
Matthew 6:6
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.
But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Indeed.

What you just posted pretty much destroys any and all TV preachers, no matter how nice they may have seemed....

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179408 Oct 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
For what may be the 20th time, I will explain this to you.(you) are and atheist, you do not believe in souls.
1) Is it because you have none.
I think that is most likely.
2) You just don't want to admit you do have one.
3) You fear the suggestion of a post life trial.
My beliefs is it really is not that bad, but I don't know your story, and I am not asking.
4) The books involved may be beyond your comprehension.
This is not as insulting as you may think. Books of this nature are complex.
You asking me this shows your disrespect for the topic. If you really did want this knowledge you would go buy one of the many books that will teach you this. It is a different culture, which is why answer #4 would very likely apply. For me to post a two plus paragraph answer would be my disrespecting the topic, and I do believe that is your goal. If you don't get what I just told you. You really should read more books, and do start with what you find to be your cup of tea.
Nothing you whine about, above?

Is proof of this "soul" thingy.

Nothing.

In fact? You did not even **try** to prove-- not even by **argument** that "souls" are real.

Just more of your mindless drivel.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179409 Oct 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I am not a fundamentalist. I clearly state you make your own path. Not just in regards to karma, but also with in your personal belief system. I give you, you know yourself. I am not offering salvation, and I clearly posted here, I can't change you towards my beliefs, and that is why I would not answer the questions you ask, that suggest I would offer you superior change. I do think with your thoughts, you are dicked, and seeking recruitment as many online atheist do, is simply backwards
Yet, the entire sum of your posts to me?

Is one of hate, bigotry, intolerance and more hate.

Why **is** that, do you suppose?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179410 Oct 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>In science there can be more than one hypothesis. And I seriously doubt there are 20 theories on how life started on Earth. The most accepted answer is biogenesis. Life from non-living. Science is pretty sure that biogenesis is possible they just don't know the exact details just yet.
kept us apart for thousands of years. Just think, a new beginning for mankind, one without the divisiveness and hatred that religion spawns.
I think you will find this definition of cosmology rather interesting. Notice the word “philosophers” repeated throughout the definition.

Wiki:

Cosmology is the study of the origins and eventual fate of the universe. Physical cosmology is the scholarly and scientific study of the origin, evolution, structure, dynamics, and ultimate fate of the universe, as well as the natural laws that keep it in order.

[1] Religious cosmology (or mythological cosmology) is a body of beliefs based on the historical, mythological, religious, and esoteric literature and traditions of creation and eschatology.

Physical cosmology is studied by scientists, such as astronomers, and theoretical physicists; and academic philosophers, such as metaphysicians, philosophers of physics, and philosophers of space and time.

Modern cosmology is dominated by the Big Bang theory, which attempts to bring together observational astronomy and particle physics.[2]

Although the word cosmology is recent (first used in 1730 in Christian Wolff's Cosmologia Generalis), the study of the universe has a long history involving science, philosophy, esotericism and religion. Related studies include cosmogony, which focuses on the origin of the Universe, and cosmography, which maps the features of the Universe. Cosmology is also connected to astronomy, but while the former is concerned with the Universe as a whole, the latter deals with individual celestial objects.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179411 Oct 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You did admit it, to Bongo. Here you are bobbing again.
No-- I never did such a thing, because it never happened.

I was never catholic, for starters.

Can you locate this mythical "admission" you are lying about?

No?

We thought as much-- lying is your stock-and-trade.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179412 Oct 8, 2013
Let me give you the common man’s definition of a philosopher Doctor.

Philosopher: One who orates BS, one who dreams nonsense, while smoking dope, blows smoke circles out his @ss, One who fabricates fictitious beliefs based on science of imagination, a vain cult leader with a cult following.

Doctor, my good Doctor, cosmology is full of Philosophers and cult leaders. It’s right up there with astrology and palm readers.

You can keep following your cult leaders Doctor. I won't think less of you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179413 Oct 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your mental illness that prevents you from confronting the fact that your're a simple minded religious liar with no evidence to back up any of what you say
I have been trying to get a good read on you for some time now. I have come to the conclusion that you have a disfigured malformation. However I don’t know if it was from birth or if it was due to an accident. Perhaps both?

This malformation has isolated you from society as a whole. It’s been the antecedent that has caused great bitterness. This is why you are so full of venom. You are angry at God. The same God you claim doesn’t exist.

Even though you are full of hate and vengeance. God can heal your brokenness and give you a heart of love and compassion. Peace out my friend, I do not hate you.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#179414 Oct 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I refuse to have conversations with the mentally ill, sorry!!!
Except with yourself, of course.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179415 Oct 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, the entire sum of your posts to me?
Is one of hate, bigotry, intolerance and more hate.
Why **is** that, do you suppose?
Bob, let's take a coffee break?

Maybe eat some crackers & cheeze?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#179416 Oct 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki:
To us it means this...and this only.

Now you can paint the word with a wide brush, but all other meaning to us are...... meaningless.

The scholarly and scientific study of the origin, evolution, structure, dynamics, and ultimate fate of the universe.

Note the key words here. scholarly and scientific.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179417 Oct 8, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, let's take a coffee break?
Maybe eat some crackers & cheeze?
You still got no answer for your god's evil behavior, then?

Okay.
Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#179418 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Cool! Hoist a toast for me and our fellow Topix atheists/non-believers.
:)
I already did.
Arrived on the 7th w/massive hangover.
The food, music, endless beer and laughter is, in and of itself, intoxicating.

At least the new pope seems to be attempting serious reform in the RCC.

I wish him well.

Recent Al-Qaeda capture should yield info on the suicide bombers. Reminds me of WWII Kamikaze w/a different mindset.
Ancestry (honor,country)vs Religious Dogma

Imhotep

Sevierville, TN

#179419 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed.
What you just posted pretty much destroys any and all TV preachers, no matter how nice they may have seemed....
;)
Here, people are rather irreligious.
It is a culture shock 4 sure. USA is viewed as backward in many ways, in spite of, military superiority.

We are getting used to hi-speed rail and public transport.
Very efficient.

People with no theistic beliefs never feel the need to conquer those who have them. We never assemble huge atheistic armies to kill those whose beliefs we do not believe.

We do not march door to door to tell total strangers how bizarre and silly their religions are.

Too bad this courtesy is not returned.

It is true that it is difficult to get any two atheists to agree on whether to capitalize the word “God” but I doubt there are any, anywhere, who would call for pistols at dawn to settle the dispute!

Atheists don’t kill because of atheism. If they kill, it is for some other reason. The very idea of “Atheist Wars” is so preposterous it makes one laugh.

But the idea of Christian wars and Muslim wars and Jewish wars is not only believable but quite real and with us today.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179420 Oct 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your mental illness that prevents you from confronting the fact that your're a simple minded religious liar with no evidence to back up any of what you say
May Americans never be subject to atheist tolerance. Your opinion as stated, is the reason I wil never vote for an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min An NFL Fan 1,395,353
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,863
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web