Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179212 Oct 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wolves and deer on mars?
From what I have heard. Pine trees and water are in the works. From there?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179213 Oct 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ergo aliens exist and are androids/clones. Logic! Right?
As we space travel, we send robot and rover vehicles with cameras.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179214 Oct 5, 2013
According to our resident Atheist here on Topix. Atheism is the lack of belief in deities. If so animals are Atheist.

That would mean a cow is an Atheist and same goes for vegetables.

So when an Atheist sets down to have a meal, he/she is partaking in cannibalism? Eating another Atheist?

Iím just trying to make sense of it all. It just sounds so sick.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#179215 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not to wreck your day, but I'm older than that, too.
Old tigers, sensing the end, they're at their most fierce.

Location hidden

#179216 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
According to our resident Atheist here on Topix. Atheism is the lack of belief in deities. If so animals are Atheist.
So when an Atheist sets down to have a meal, he/she is partaking in cannibalism? Eating another Atheist?
Cannibalism is eating your own species, it may include eating a subspecies. Now ask yourself , Eagle are you a cow or a vegetable?
I'm guessing you're a mineral.

Location hidden

#179217 Oct 5, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I too once though we were the aliens.. on the moon, and mars.
But then came the realization.
If we do not encounter or find no sentient living owners, then we can claim it as our own.

So far we own the whole universe.

We will only become alien , when we actually meet one.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179218 Oct 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibalism is eating your own species, it may include eating a subspecies. Now ask yourself , Eagle are you a cow or a vegetable?
I'm guessing you're a mineral.
Well Iím just going here with what I have been told. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but this is what Atheist are saying. Cows and vegetables donít believe in deities so that makes them an Atheist according to Atheist.

So anytime an Atheist eats he/she is involved in eating another Atheist. Maybe for the sake of sanity Animals, vegetables and infants are not Atheist.

I donít see how another Atheist could eat and digest another Atheist.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179219 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bit older than me. I was born in the mid 50ís. But retired after I was completely vested in my company retirement after working 32 years. I spent that 32 years working with specialty chemicals. Then I went on and worked a few months as a Police Dispatcher.
Presently I help with a family business that started in January. On the Social Security issue, you did indeed work for those benefits. You deserve them and that is what it was intended for.
I think thatís the most I have ever heard you say about yourself. Actually I have never seen God either. But as I stated earlier I know without any doubt heís real. I know thereís a disconnect in you understanding that statement. Thereís a void of understanding.
I have seen him do miracles that were so astonishing that I just canít share them with you. If I told you would swear I was lying. I seen them with my own eyes. Not every day did I see miracles but I have seen a few over the years.
We are two aged men with different backgrounds and experiences. I donít think youíre insane or crazy but you just simply never have reached out or seriously searched for God. Itís probably going to remain that way until you cross over to the other side.
I don't want to burden you with my family horror stories, but they are the exact reason that "I know there is no biblical god". OK, aliens may abound, but neither your or I, know of their presence or impresence. I recognize the god of abraham as a fairy tale, until you provide some proof. Like I said, if I were to tell you my horrors that were never answered by any god, you would understand my position. When I do pass, trust me: If there is any god, it had better be someone powerful, otherwise, I will knock it out in one punch.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#179220 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the compliment!
HEY --You are welcome Mac. I always read your posts with interest. Keep it up! I know there are some I neglected, like Aura. Well, at my age, I am excused! Wish I could remember the rest. LOL!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#179221 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever work in the Diplomatic Core?
I didnít think so.
Is that anything like the apple core?

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#179222 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I am a 'freethinker'. How do you categorize me?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#179223 Oct 5, 2013
I became a beliver in Atheism as a child.I was born in a religious family and read the Bible and was sent to bible school. But that did not mean that every thing I read by mankind is true.Take a look at the prison population of the world we have good people and bad. Religious people and non-religious people are in there for sum evil crime.And this something that is not confine to just the acts of man.

Location hidden

#179224 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Iím just going here with what I have been told. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but this is what Atheist are saying. Cows and vegetables donít believe in deities so that makes them an Atheist according to Atheist.
So anytime an Atheist eats he/she is involved in eating another Atheist. Maybe for the sake of sanity Animals, vegetables and infants are not Atheist.
I donít see how another Atheist could eat and digest another Atheist.
Unfortunately for you, philosophical reasoning does not affect the
tree of life as far as species. Ideological concepts do not cross
a physiological barrier. Alike concepts held in the brain do not make a being the same species.

I like corn, Deer like corn...eating deer is not cannibalism.

But even you have to know that..but maybe not.

Location hidden

#179225 Oct 5, 2013
just me yall wrote:
I became a beliver in Atheism as a child.I was born in a religious family and read the Bible and was sent to bible school. But that did not mean that every thing I read by mankind is true.Take a look at the prison population of the world we have good people and bad. Religious people and non-religious people are in there for sum evil crime.And this something that is not confine to just the acts of man.
Nice try but ..
"beliver in Atheism"? Gimme a break, atheism has no believers.

Swing and a miss,, Strike 1!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179226 Oct 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not to wreck your day, but I'm older than that, too.
I knew that and you could never wreck my day, Mac :)

I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".

It's never been about age. It's about perception.

It's about ingredients.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#179227 Oct 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that and you could never wreck my day, Mac :)
I've always been the youngest one here and I know how some people view that. "Stupid little girl", "How could you know?", "Your views don't really matter".
It's never been about age. It's about perception.
It's about ingredients.
I'm curious to know if you are older or younger than me. I'm 32.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#179228 Oct 5, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have heard. Pine trees and water are in the works. From there?
Godzilla? Erhmm.. What about you?

Location hidden

#179229 Oct 5, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh. I understand now. So you're saying that we send the robots to mars, who then time travel back to the present, who are actually the robot greys that we are seeing now and certainly exist and are in no way a sort of mass delusion? Right? We created the aliens!

Location hidden

#179230 Oct 5, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious to know if you are older or younger than me. I'm 32.
She is unavailable, don't matter how many candles.

Location hidden

#179231 Oct 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I too once though we were the aliens.. on the moon, and mars.
But then came the realization.
If we do not encounter or find no sentient living owners, then we can claim it as our own.
So far we own the whole universe.
We will only become alien , when we actually meet one.
The alien overlords chuckle at your claimed ownership of the entire universe. They abandoned such archaic concepts eons ago in the pursuit of a more egalitarian society. They're nice overlords.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,141,953
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 24 min Bruin Nation 28,172
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 47 min DonPanic 2,136
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr Suzanne shelton 636
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weselldildos 306,567
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 19 hr ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Sat MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE