Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#179175 Oct 4, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
Atheism in the disease called denial. Atheism is like alcoholism. As long as the alcoholic continues to deny their alcoholism they can continue to drink in excess. As long as the atheist is in denial about God they can continues to behave in ways which are reprehensible and hypocritical expecting moral behavior from others and exempting themselves. How big does one have to be to be fixated on the sins of others and at the same time blind to their own?
I'll drink to that.

It's better than condoning slavery.

Or facing a lake of fire.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

SŲdertšlje, Sweden

#179176 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are really saying you're afraid to defend you're atheism.
He's not atheism he's an atheist

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179177 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are really saying you're afraid to defend you're atheism.
You **still** don't get it.

There is nothing to defend-- I have no faith in stupid shyt(gods).

I have no dog in that hunt.

In fact, I do not give a rat's fart in a septic tank, what **YOU** believe at all--

.... until...

....... until you pass hateful LAWS based on your ugly(faith).

Then?

I do care-- and you will be stopped.

Even now? Your ugly hate-laws that prevent marriage equality are being overturned all around the world.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179178 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, defend you're atheism by answering, how did the earth come from nothing.
I can ask YOU the exact same thing---

Under modern cosmology, the earth came from stardust which gradually gathered together because of gravity.

None of that is nothing: stardust is the material, and gravity is the force at work.

But YOU?

YOU BELIEVE THE UNIVERSE CAME FROM NOTHING, AND WAS **POOFED** BY MAGIC.

That is what Genesis says: your god used MAGIC to make the universe from NOTHING.

So.

How?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179179 Oct 4, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, my friend. I will be 70 in December. I have been through attending some college, going to 'Nam, working for 40 some years and traveling around this planet. And, yes, I am collecting SS, as I paid into it for 50 years, so I am entitled! SS is exactly like an insurance policy. I heard this nitwit, Nick Gillespie (a libertarian) saying on radio, that "old geezers" are dragging this country down with their demands for SS and Medicare. This guy is a "whippersnapper" (old school term).

I have yet to see your god. Yes, I jus' sayin'. I have been there, done that, and ready for the grave or oven, whichever my wife decides. So, you see, I am not a little boi. How ancient are you?
A salute to you, sir.

:)

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179180 Oct 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
A salute to you, sir.
Thanks Bob, much appreciated. Even though I may not respond to you, I do read all of your posts, as I find them all to be most interesting.

Long Beach, CA

#179181 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
A salute to you, sir.
I second that.

Props to Redoran, in the vernacular of today.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179182 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that.
Props to Redoran, in the vernacular of today.
Thanks C1. I also enjoy reading all of your posts! There are so many nuts out here, it is truly refreshing to read yours, Hiding's, Bob's, Mac's, etc., posts. Thank you.

Long Beach, CA

#179183 Oct 4, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks C1. I also enjoy reading all of your posts! There are so many nuts out here, it is truly refreshing to read yours, Hiding's, Bob's, Mac's, etc., posts. Thank you.
I am not quite your age.

But I'm close.

Same generation.

We experienced the same period of history.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179184 Oct 4, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, my friend. I will be 70 in December. I have been through attending some college, going to 'Nam, working for 40 some years and traveling around this planet. And, yes, I am collecting SS, as I paid into it for 50 years, so I am entitled! SS is exactly like an insurance policy. I heard this nitwit, Nick Gillespie (a libertarian) saying on radio, that "old geezers" are dragging this country down with their demands for SS and Medicare. This guy is a "whippersnapper" (old school term).
I have yet to see your god. Yes, I jus' sayin'. I have been there, done that, and ready for the grave or oven, whichever my wife decides. So, you see, I am not a little boi. How ancient are you?
You are a bit older than me. I was born in the mid 50ís. But retired after I was completely vested in my company retirement after working 32 years. I spent that 32 years working with specialty chemicals. Then I went on and worked a few months as a Police Dispatcher.

Presently I help with a family business that started in January. On the Social Security issue, you did indeed work for those benefits. You deserve them and that is what it was intended for.

I think thatís the most I have ever heard you say about yourself. Actually I have never seen God either. But as I stated earlier I know without any doubt heís real. I know thereís a disconnect in you understanding that statement. Thereís a void of understanding.

I have seen him do miracles that were so astonishing that I just canít share them with you. If I told you would swear I was lying. I seen them with my own eyes. Not every day did I see miracles but I have seen a few over the years.

We are two aged men with different backgrounds and experiences. I donít think youíre insane or crazy but you just simply never have reached out or seriously searched for God. Itís probably going to remain that way until you cross over to the other side.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#179185 Oct 4, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaand...you just admitted defeat.
Next.
Wow, did I say that, apparently you can't read.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179186 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Under modern cosmology, the earth came from stardust which gradually gathered together because of gravity.
None of that is nothing: stardust is the material, and gravity is the force at work.
But YOU?
That is what Genesis says: your god used MAGIC to make the universe from NOTHING.
So.
How?
Where did star dust come from?

Where did matter come from?

How did all this self create?

We are back to Forrest Gumpís explanation of how everything came together.

ďSh*t Happens.Ē

I mean honestly thatís your explanation.

No designer, just all self creation.

I donít buy it Bob.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#179187 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You **still** don't get it.
There is nothing to defend-- I have no faith in stupid shyt(gods).
I have no dog in that hunt.
In fact, I do not give a rat's fart in a septic tank, what **YOU** believe at all--
.... until...
....... until you pass hateful LAWS based on your ugly(faith).
Then?
I do care-- and you will be stopped.
Even now? Your ugly hate-laws that prevent marriage equality are being overturned all around the world.
Actually you do give a rat's fart, you busy say how much you hate religion. That does make you give a something about our faith.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#179188 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
But YOU?
So.
How?
Where did the dust come from as well as the gravity.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#179189 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did star dust come from?
Where did matter come from?
How did all this self create?
We are back to Forrest Gumpís explanation of how everything came together.
ďSh*t Happens.Ē
I mean honestly thatís your explanation.
No designer, just all self creation.
I donít buy it Bob.
Thank you!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179190 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not quite your age.
But I'm close.
Same generation.
We experienced the same period of history.
Really?

I always pictured you in your early to mid 40s. Now I need to draw a new picture.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179191 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
[Tipping Hat]

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179192 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have never seen God either. But as I stated earlier I know without any doubt heís real.
Religion - its a mental illness. This is the first time this creationist has admitted he's never seen god either !!!!!

Why do idiots ignore the evidence??

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179193 Oct 5, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you do give a rat's fart, you busy say how much you hate religion. That does make you give a something about our faith.
When you've stopped lying about god to strangers, you won't be so offended by reading facts about your cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179194 Oct 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I have seen him do miracles that were so astonishing that I just canít share them with you.
Yet?

Your inept and feeble godling cannot manage to muster up sufficient god-juice to fix dying babies all over the world.

Why?

Nor can your uncaring god prevent kids from being abused by Men Of Godô on a daily basis.

Why?

Nor is your god able to see that enough rainfall happens in parts of the world, so that many children starve to death-- needlessly, if there had been enough rain.

Why?

Apparently your little personal god only sees fit to make the occasional miracle...

.... just and **only** for your **personal** benefit.

Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Just Say No to So... 1,144,471
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 min Brew In 28,259
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 54 min PDX Dave 648
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Allentown 306,602
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,204
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE