Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,841 - 171,860 of 225,701 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still waiting for you to explain why you insulted the memory of my grandfather.
Of course I am prepared to wait a long time and no doubt I will have to wait a long time but that does not change the fact that you insulted millions of very brave dead men who fought to save you chicken sh|t a$$
Now, now...you know that Robert Stevens doesn't have the balls to actually answer questions. He'll dodge, deflect, change the subject...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There is such thing as statements supporting statements for proof. It does not all ways have to be hand held to be proof. The atheist here at topix, that have to frequently post against religion. The blogs they post makes it clear they do feel jaded, by a system. I don't think that you are the majority of atheist. However, if atheism became a populist movement. The Atheist that are now not so hateful, or fundamental will fall in place. I do think you would have a greater percentage of atheist that are fundamentalist, than any other religious group. I think wiser atheist promote atheism while supporting religious groups like Buddhist, that denounce fundamentalist in their ranks. overall an atheist based country is just a bad idea.
And you still have not idea, no understanding, no comprehension of what atheism is.

Your seem to be under the impression that itís some sort of religion, how totally wrong and one idiot be.

FYI atheism is not a grouping as religious groups are. This concept shows the fact that you are incapable of thinking in any other way but in the limited and restrictive way you have been indoctrinated to think. It is therefore little wonder that you are incapable of undressing the philosophy of atheism. You are a sheep in sheepís clothing, indoctrinated to follow godbot think to the exclusion of all else. Because of your ignorance you make the stupid assumption that all people think as you do, that all people are as stupid as you are.

Atheism is nothing more than a state of mind, a state of mind that is not encumbered by any god crutch. Nothing more, nothing less, in my experience as an atheist (something you can never understand) atheist tend to be more relaxed, freer in their thoughts and most certainly more tolerant of others than godbots like you are.

It is also the case that when you spout lies and BS hatred about what you do not understand and you are challenged about your spiteful ignorance you have a tendency to pretend the challenge did not occur. Another glaring sign of deliberate ignorance.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now...you know that Robert Stevens doesn't have the balls to actually answer questions. He'll dodge, deflect, change the subject...
It is expected. However, no matter how ignorant he is, I will not just simply go away because he is embarrassed by his own verbal vomit. He made a statement, he is responsible for that statement

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is expected. However, no matter how ignorant he is, I will not just simply go away because he is embarrassed by his own verbal vomit. He made a statement, he is responsible for that statement
And you don't think you're being ignorant. I see both sides being ignorant. Atheists just can't prove how earth came from nothing, and Christians can't prove God is real.

But hey, no one cares who's ignorant and atheists are like "Oh the earth came from nothing. I mean how intelligent is that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't think you're being ignorant. I see both sides being ignorant. Atheists just can't prove how earth came from nothing, and Christians can't prove God is real.
But hey, no one cares who's ignorant and atheists are like "Oh the earth came from nothing. I mean how intelligent is that.
Where earth came from is irrelevant to atheism.

All atheism is is the lack of belief in deities - nothing more, nothing less.

It really isn't that complicated.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have seen them documentaries and forgot them. My answer to your question is. The animal which we are, human. Most likely and I mean heavy odds in favor of this, was not created by God. However energy that is our souls was. I wish I could tell you more but I do try to limit assumption.
I seriously doubt the (source to all life) GOD created us to because this creation is in contradiction with the source and the source GOD (source to all life) does not contradict its self because itís constant/eternal and this we are not in the physical form.

The question is do GOD (source to all life) always stay in its current form and never die (this word is not universal) like we do. If so, this creation (physical existence) is in contradiction with the (source to all life) so this leads me to think that GOD (source to all life) did not create us unless GOD (source to all life) is eternal and also experience death/transitions like we do and this I seriously doubt and I truly do not know.

Who knows, the word death could mean transition to a higher or lower dimension which is based on the choices the individual makes doing his/her/its lifetime. The word life is also not a universal term by the way science is defining it but I have a universal definition for life and itís called: Any entity rather physical or not that has the ability to choose or instincts are considered life forms.

This would be a universal definition for life and this is what I use because I only accept universally valid concepts/ideas and/or scientific laws which are universal also.

The source (GOD) is eternal and always existed. Now, we have always existed (which makes us up physically) and I donít know if the soul is part of what makes us up physically because I have not validated or disproved that a soul exist yet.

How do you describe a soul because I am trying to figure this one out?! If you don't mind let's focus on what a soul is and see if we can validate this.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Where earth came from is irrelevant to atheism.
All atheism is is the lack of belief in deities - nothing more, nothing less.
It really isn't that complicated.
Sorry, what did you write, it looks like you're saying you're afraid to defend your faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, what did you write, it looks like you're saying you're afraid to defend your faith.
I have no faith to defend, I'm an atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still have not idea, no understanding, no comprehension of what atheism is.
Your seem to be under the impression that itís some sort of religion, how totally wrong and one idiot be.
FYI atheism is not a grouping as religious groups are. This concept shows the fact that you are incapable of thinking in any other way but in the limited and restrictive way you have been indoctrinated to think. It is therefore little wonder that you are incapable of undressing the philosophy of atheism. You are a sheep in sheepís clothing, indoctrinated to follow godbot think to the exclusion of all else. Because of your ignorance you make the stupid assumption that all people think as you do, that all people are as stupid as you are.
Atheism is nothing more than a state of mind, a state of mind that is not encumbered by any god crutch. Nothing more, nothing less, in my experience as an atheist (something you can never understand) atheist tend to be more relaxed, freer in their thoughts and most certainly more tolerant of others than godbots like you are.
It is also the case that when you spout lies and BS hatred about what you do not understand and you are challenged about your spiteful ignorance you have a tendency to pretend the challenge did not occur. Another glaring sign of deliberate ignorance.
In most cases it is what the original Greek meaning of the word is. Anti-religion. It serves it's purpose for a person like Stalin or Mao. Eliminating religion is taking out a primary way for The People to have a voice, with The Government. Time after time, dictators place atheism in their government, because it is easier to have unchallenged rule. As you do see, but for Lord only knows what reason, you deny.

In what I am so happy to be in, modern America. We have people that think of themselves as Atheist, but they are not actually anti-religion. They just don't believe in God. I have posted this other places, and now I will post it on this tread for the first time. ATHEIST SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE VOCABULARY WORD, TO DESCRIBE THE VARIATIONS. If you find that offensive, it is because you are a fundamentalist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are tranquilized in a self induced fallacy that infants are born Atheist.
They are-- they have no faith in gods, therefore--atheist.

It really is that simple.

You even agreed that babies are born without faith (atheist).

It's foolish of you to go against your own words, like this.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can do much better than that Bob. I can pray to the creator of the sun.
Who never-- EVER listens.

How gullible are YOU, bub?

The Sun can be **proven** to exist-- and can be **proven** to have made life possible on earth.

But you go with the.... myth instead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bob is a twit, who, while being committed to disabusing you of your belief/faith is fascinated with tales of the supernatural, mostly about witches and all "that" entails.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/16/do-you-believe-...
He's an "ideology" bigot who can't face the fact that if you believe in ghosts and witches then you must also concede the possibility of a god existing.
My Stalker is Back-- must have got out of rehab again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3XOPZFhB3gEXX
Gotta love them Blues Brothers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is Little Red Bobbing Hoods second biggest problem. He takes all this as a win or lose thing, it really is beyond childish
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could see pedefiles as such a target group.
What is that? Your fan club?

Or are you talking about a computer file that ... pedals a bike?

Hmmmm..... you really need to work on your communication skills.

You are starting to sound ... stupid.

Even more than your usual stupid, too--

-- and that is a **lot**

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.
You are now on step two.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly this is what you could do. Drive to a Barnes and Noble/Starbucks buy a cup of coffee and a pastry, pie or piece of cake. I like the soup. They will let you read a magazine of your choice. Aren't Democracy/Republics fabulous. You really have no clue how far behind the times you are.
You are now on step two.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't prove to you, you have a soul. Just like you can't prove to me you are not locked into 1870, but you have limited access to a computer.
1) What, exactly, is this "soul"?

2) how much does it weigh?

3) of what is it made?

4) how big a volume does it take? Or is it a gas? A liquid?

5) which structure in the human body, does this soul reside? Can you point to a human organ, and declare: "inside that organ, you will find the soul-- remove that, and the person has no soul"

6) how, exactly, does a soul interact with the physical world?

7) do other living beings also have souls or soul equivalents?

8) are the souls of other living beings also immortal?

If so-- where do all the souls of the trillions upon trillions of dead bacteria now reside? You'd need a place bigger than... the universe, to house them separately.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
No atheist---ever-- has claimed the earth came from nothing.

No atheist --in the history of the planet-- has made that ludicrous claim.

Modern atheists know that the earth was formed by gravity, out of interstellar dust.

But you-- lying-- is how you roll, I guess.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt the (source to all life) GOD created us to because this creation is in contradiction with the source and the source GOD (source to all life) does not contradict its self because itís constant/eternal and this we are not in the physical form.
The question is do GOD (source to all life) always stay in its current form and never die (this word is not universal) like we do. If so, this creation (physical existence) is in contradiction with the (source to all life) so this leads me to think that GOD (source to all life) did not create us unless GOD (source to all life) is eternal and also experience death/transitions like we do and this I seriously doubt and I truly do not know.
Who knows, the word death could mean transition to a higher or lower dimension which is based on the choices the individual makes doing his/her/its lifetime. The word life is also not a universal term by the way science is defining it but I have a universal definition for life and itís called: Any entity rather physical or not that has the ability to choose or instincts are considered life forms.
This would be a universal definition for life and this is what I use because I only accept universally valid concepts/ideas and/or scientific laws which are universal also.
The source (GOD) is eternal and always existed. Now, we have always existed (which makes us up physically) and I donít know if the soul is part of what makes us up physically because I have not validated or disproved that a soul exist yet.
How do you describe a soul because I am trying to figure this one out?! If you don't mind let's focus on what a soul is and see if we can validate this.
Here's a thought: why don't you try praying to the SUN instead of your myth?

Try it for 4 days, and see if you don't get THE EXACT SAME RESULTS.

You know-- that flaming ball of hydrogen gas you see during the day?

THAT sun.

Try your prayers to IT for a bit-- see if you don't get some results.

Suggested prayers:

"Dear Sun, who makes All Life On Earth Possible: thank you for your warming rays of light, without which we would all starve in a matter of days. Please be sure to rise again Tomorrow. Thank You."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for the strong radiation you bathe the earth in. Without it's strong rays, life on earth never would have evolved past the simple single-celled organisms. With your strong radiations adding much needed mutations, life evolved into more and complexities. And finally, I was born. Thank you Sun, for making this all possible."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for only showing your face to the earth 12 hours out of 24. If the earth did not revolve? Life as we know it would not be possible, for your strong light would overwhelm us. Thank you for mitigating your wonderful energy in such a clever way."

"Dear Sun,
I know this is kinda outside your usual sphere, but could you please help me find a parking-spot close to the building? I'm running kinda late, and it would be helpful if I found one close in. Thank you."

(the last one may not be as effective as the others....)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Really 1,096,413
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min STO 305,392
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 26,973
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••