Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#179149 Oct 4, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Where earth came from is irrelevant to atheism.
All atheism is is the lack of belief in deities - nothing more, nothing less.
It really isn't that complicated.
Sorry, what did you write, it looks like you're saying you're afraid to defend your faith.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#179150 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, what did you write, it looks like you're saying you're afraid to defend your faith.
I have no faith to defend, I'm an atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179151 Oct 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still have not idea, no understanding, no comprehension of what atheism is.
Your seem to be under the impression that itís some sort of religion, how totally wrong and one idiot be.
FYI atheism is not a grouping as religious groups are. This concept shows the fact that you are incapable of thinking in any other way but in the limited and restrictive way you have been indoctrinated to think. It is therefore little wonder that you are incapable of undressing the philosophy of atheism. You are a sheep in sheepís clothing, indoctrinated to follow godbot think to the exclusion of all else. Because of your ignorance you make the stupid assumption that all people think as you do, that all people are as stupid as you are.
Atheism is nothing more than a state of mind, a state of mind that is not encumbered by any god crutch. Nothing more, nothing less, in my experience as an atheist (something you can never understand) atheist tend to be more relaxed, freer in their thoughts and most certainly more tolerant of others than godbots like you are.
It is also the case that when you spout lies and BS hatred about what you do not understand and you are challenged about your spiteful ignorance you have a tendency to pretend the challenge did not occur. Another glaring sign of deliberate ignorance.
In most cases it is what the original Greek meaning of the word is. Anti-religion. It serves it's purpose for a person like Stalin or Mao. Eliminating religion is taking out a primary way for The People to have a voice, with The Government. Time after time, dictators place atheism in their government, because it is easier to have unchallenged rule. As you do see, but for Lord only knows what reason, you deny.

In what I am so happy to be in, modern America. We have people that think of themselves as Atheist, but they are not actually anti-religion. They just don't believe in God. I have posted this other places, and now I will post it on this tread for the first time. ATHEIST SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE VOCABULARY WORD, TO DESCRIBE THE VARIATIONS. If you find that offensive, it is because you are a fundamentalist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179152 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are tranquilized in a self induced fallacy that infants are born Atheist.
They are-- they have no faith in gods, therefore--atheist.

It really is that simple.

You even agreed that babies are born without faith (atheist).

It's foolish of you to go against your own words, like this.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179153 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can do much better than that Bob. I can pray to the creator of the sun.
Who never-- EVER listens.

How gullible are YOU, bub?

The Sun can be **proven** to exist-- and can be **proven** to have made life possible on earth.

But you go with the.... myth instead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179155 Oct 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3XOPZFhB3gEXX
Gotta love them Blues Brothers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179156 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is Little Red Bobbing Hoods second biggest problem. He takes all this as a win or lose thing, it really is beyond childish
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179157 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could see pedefiles as such a target group.
What is that? Your fan club?

Or are you talking about a computer file that ... pedals a bike?

Hmmmm..... you really need to work on your communication skills.

You are starting to sound ... stupid.

Even more than your usual stupid, too--

-- and that is a **lot**

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179158 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.
You are now on step two.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179159 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly this is what you could do. Drive to a Barnes and Noble/Starbucks buy a cup of coffee and a pastry, pie or piece of cake. I like the soup. They will let you read a magazine of your choice. Aren't Democracy/Republics fabulous. You really have no clue how far behind the times you are.
You are now on step two.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179160 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't prove to you, you have a soul. Just like you can't prove to me you are not locked into 1870, but you have limited access to a computer.
1) What, exactly, is this "soul"?

2) how much does it weigh?

3) of what is it made?

4) how big a volume does it take? Or is it a gas? A liquid?

5) which structure in the human body, does this soul reside? Can you point to a human organ, and declare: "inside that organ, you will find the soul-- remove that, and the person has no soul"

6) how, exactly, does a soul interact with the physical world?

7) do other living beings also have souls or soul equivalents?

8) are the souls of other living beings also immortal?

If so-- where do all the souls of the trillions upon trillions of dead bacteria now reside? You'd need a place bigger than... the universe, to house them separately.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179161 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't think you're being ignorant. I see both sides being ignorant. Atheists just can't prove how earth came from nothing, and Christians can't prove God is real.
No atheist---ever-- has claimed the earth came from nothing.

No atheist --in the history of the planet-- has made that ludicrous claim.

Modern atheists know that the earth was formed by gravity, out of interstellar dust.

But you-- lying-- is how you roll, I guess.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179162 Oct 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt the (source to all life) GOD created us to because this creation is in contradiction with the source and the source GOD (source to all life) does not contradict its self because itís constant/eternal and this we are not in the physical form.
The question is do GOD (source to all life) always stay in its current form and never die (this word is not universal) like we do. If so, this creation (physical existence) is in contradiction with the (source to all life) so this leads me to think that GOD (source to all life) did not create us unless GOD (source to all life) is eternal and also experience death/transitions like we do and this I seriously doubt and I truly do not know.
Who knows, the word death could mean transition to a higher or lower dimension which is based on the choices the individual makes doing his/her/its lifetime. The word life is also not a universal term by the way science is defining it but I have a universal definition for life and itís called: Any entity rather physical or not that has the ability to choose or instincts are considered life forms.
This would be a universal definition for life and this is what I use because I only accept universally valid concepts/ideas and/or scientific laws which are universal also.
The source (GOD) is eternal and always existed. Now, we have always existed (which makes us up physically) and I donít know if the soul is part of what makes us up physically because I have not validated or disproved that a soul exist yet.
How do you describe a soul because I am trying to figure this one out?! If you don't mind let's focus on what a soul is and see if we can validate this.
Here's a thought: why don't you try praying to the SUN instead of your myth?

Try it for 4 days, and see if you don't get THE EXACT SAME RESULTS.

You know-- that flaming ball of hydrogen gas you see during the day?

THAT sun.

Try your prayers to IT for a bit-- see if you don't get some results.

Suggested prayers:

"Dear Sun, who makes All Life On Earth Possible: thank you for your warming rays of light, without which we would all starve in a matter of days. Please be sure to rise again Tomorrow. Thank You."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for the strong radiation you bathe the earth in. Without it's strong rays, life on earth never would have evolved past the simple single-celled organisms. With your strong radiations adding much needed mutations, life evolved into more and complexities. And finally, I was born. Thank you Sun, for making this all possible."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for only showing your face to the earth 12 hours out of 24. If the earth did not revolve? Life as we know it would not be possible, for your strong light would overwhelm us. Thank you for mitigating your wonderful energy in such a clever way."

"Dear Sun,
I know this is kinda outside your usual sphere, but could you please help me find a parking-spot close to the building? I'm running kinda late, and it would be helpful if I found one close in. Thank you."

(the last one may not be as effective as the others....)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179163 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no faith, not how **you** mean it.

So I have nothing to defend.

What now?

You gonna pray to your monster-god to SMITE me, now?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179164 Oct 4, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
In most cases it is what the original Greek meaning of the word is. Anti-religion. It serves it's purpose for a person like Stalin or Mao. Eliminating religion is taking out a primary way for The People to have a voice, with The Government. Time after time, dictators place atheism in their government, because it is easier to have unchallenged rule. As you do see, but for Lord only knows what reason, you deny.
In what I am so happy to be in, modern America. We have people that think of themselves as Atheist, but they are not actually anti-religion. They just don't believe in God. I have posted this other places, and now I will post it on this tread for the first time. ATHEIST SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE VOCABULARY WORD, TO DESCRIBE THE VARIATIONS. If you find that offensive, it is because you are a fundamentalist.
You are now on step two.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#179165 Oct 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no faith, not how **you** mean it.
So I have nothing to defend.
What now?
You gonna pray to your monster-god to SMITE me, now?
So you are really saying you're afraid to defend you're atheism.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#179166 Oct 4, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no faith to defend, I'm an atheist.
Okay, defend you're atheism by answering, how did the earth come from nothing.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179167 Oct 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt the (source to all life) GOD created us to because this creation is in contradiction with the source and the source GOD (source to all life) does not contradict its self because itís constant/eternal and this we are not in the physical form.
The question is do GOD (source to all life) always stay in its current form and never die (this word is not universal) like we do. If so, this creation (physical existence) is in contradiction with the (source to all life) so this leads me to think that GOD (source to all life) did not create us unless GOD (source to all life) is eternal and also experience death/transitions like we do and this I seriously doubt and I truly do not know.
Who knows, the word death could mean transition to a higher or lower dimension which is based on the choices the individual makes doing his/her/its lifetime. The word life is also not a universal term by the way science is defining it but I have a universal definition for life and itís called: Any entity rather physical or not that has the ability to choose or instincts are considered life forms.
This would be a universal definition for life and this is what I use because I only accept universally valid concepts/ideas and/or scientific laws which are universal also.
The source (GOD) is eternal and always existed. Now, we have always existed (which makes us up physically) and I donít know if the soul is part of what makes us up physically because I have not validated or disproved that a soul exist yet.
How do you describe a soul because I am trying to figure this one out?! If you don't mind let's focus on what a soul is and see if we can validate this.
OK there are two parts to answering your blog. First the physical. I agree, it is much more likely we were made in a lab, by a advanced race. I admit ET is more likely but I cling to my beliefs. I do feel as I do have an argument and I believe that.

The advanced race created the animal. The animal does and has evolved. The soul part, is a gift from the overall creator. I do believe all animals have souls, but the intelligence soul is more advanced. If you are interested in this Dr Michael Newton has a trio of books you may like reading Destiny Of Souls, Journey of Souls and Life Between Lives.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179168 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard for an unbeliever to understand. You canít understand because you have already closed your mind. In my case having an Atheist Father. I tested God and found him to be as real as anyone you have ever met.
Itís no longer a question of faith for me. It was a first but I have gone way beyond just simple faith. The bible has been around for thousands of years. It has withstood the test of time. Thereís documents that have been preserved that are thousands of years old.
I know beyond the shadow of any doubt God is real. My belief is based on my personal experience. If you are a treasure hunter and you donít believe thereís buried treasure. Youíre not going to put in the effort to find it.
But treasure hunters who are successful believe thereís hidden treasures in the ground. Some spend hundreds to thousands of hours before the get that first big pay off.
God is real my friend. Perhaps not to you because you havenít invested the time & effort to test and see if God is real.
OK, my friend. I will be 70 in December. I have been through attending some college, going to 'Nam, working for 40 some years and traveling around this planet. And, yes, I am collecting SS, as I paid into it for 50 years, so I am entitled! SS is exactly like an insurance policy. I heard this nitwit, Nick Gillespie (a libertarian) saying on radio, that "old geezers" are dragging this country down with their demands for SS and Medicare. This guy is a "whippersnapper" (old school term).

I have yet to see your god. Yes, I jus' sayin'. I have been there, done that, and ready for the grave or oven, whichever my wife decides. So, you see, I am not a little boi. How ancient are you?

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#179169 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, defend you're atheism by answering, how did the earth come from nothing.
Hello, CK. Just caught your drift and thought I should provide some education. It is scientifically proven that energy or matter can neither be created nor destroyed. So, everything that is "here" today, has always been here (that is, in our or other universes). If you want me to quote the scientists who proved this, I will be happy to do so. But you can Google up same. We are all made of stardust, which has "always existed". This is a fact. So, what say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min forks_make_us_fat 1,126,303
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 13 min PieceMaker 456
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 25 min LonePalm 1,525
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 27,926
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr Friv4games 306,257
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 18 hr Local man 40
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Wed Geoscientist 50

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE