Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179278 Oct 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think more about the body than the facial design. Skinny lengthy arm, which have ben reported as being strong. Those long slim arms and fingers are perfect for reaching into spaces. If I am right the arms may be able to go on for miles, and capable of gripping smaller objects. Which is good for seeking out unpredictable terrain.
I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT......And everyone said I was crazy. Skinny arms..........being strong........capable of reaching into space..able to go for miles.......its......PLASTICMA N. I've always said we were created by a race of PLASTICMEN but no one would believe me. I always knew I was right, you know how?.........Because it's in a BOOK!!!!! Cool. Thanks for helping me validate my Theory that Plasticman is our creator. I feel completely at ease now that the real answer has surface, and with your help, thanks again!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#179279 Oct 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think more about the body than the facial design. Skinny lengthy arm, which have ben reported as being strong. Those long slim arms and fingers are perfect for reaching into spaces. If I am right the arms may be able to go on for miles, and capable of gripping smaller objects. Which is good for seeking out unpredictable terrain.
By the way, I'm very upset with myself, upset over the fact that it has taken me this long to discover that you are completely and utterly insane!!!

I'm NOT being rude, its just a fact!!!!!
Imhotep

Waxhaw, NC

#179280 Oct 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Lucky you.
Hi Bob
I am back for 2 weeks in Tennessee.
And... What do I find?
Idiot government! Lol
What the hell... is the USA going raving mad in my absence?

I hope you and family are well.

Puff piece # 666 - GHS

Christianity cannot erase man's need for pleasure, nor can it eradicate the various sources of pleasure. What it can do, however, and what it has been extremely effective in accomplishing, is to inculcate guilt in connection
with pleasure. The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God.

Christianity, with some exceptions, has never explicitly advocated human misery; it prefers instead to speak of sacrifices in this life so that benefits may be garnered in the life to come. One invests in this life, so to speak, and collects interest in the next. Fortunately for Christianity, the dead cannot return for a refund.

Through inculcating the notion that sacrifice is a virtue, Christianity has succeeded in convincing many people that misery incurred through sacrifice is a mark of virtue. Pain becomes the insignia of morality - and conversely, pleasure becomes the insignia of immorality. Christianity, therefore, does not say, "Go forth and be miserable". Rather, it says, "Go forth and practice the virtue of self-sacrifice".

In practical terms, these commands are identical.

In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation in an afterlife; but in order to elicit obedience through this promise, Christianity must convince men that they need salvation, that there is something to be saved from.

Christianity has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe.

If Christianity is to gain a motivational foothold, it must declare war on earthly pleasure and happiness, and this, historically, has been its precise course of action. In the eyes of Christianity, man is sinful and helpless in the face of God, and is potential fuel for the flames of hell. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation.

I am Imhotep® and I approve this post.

All the humorous side... ;)

BOEHNER: OBAMA STUBBORNLY REFUSING TO END CRISIS I CREATED

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he was disappointed after meeting with President Obama at the White House on Wednesday afternoon, telling reporters,“The President is stubbornly refusing to end the crisis I created.”

“Government is about teamwork,” Mr. Boehner continued.“I’ve done my part by putting together an entirely optional crisis that has shut down the government and will throw thousands out of work. Now it’s up to the President to do his part by ending it.”

Mr. Boehner said that he was “flabbergasted” that the President was looking to him to bring the current government shutdown to an end:“So after doing all of the hard work to push the country to the brink, I’m supposed to pull it back, too? How about you pitching in a little, Mr. President?”

The House Speaker said that he hoped he did not have to manufacture another entirely avoidable crisis over the debt ceiling in order to stir the President to action.“Quite frankly, orchestrating these unnecessary stalemates takes a lot of energy and I could really use a rest,” he said.

But Mr. Boehner seemed pessimistic that the President “got the message.”

“Because of my actions, thousands of federal workers have already been furloughed,” he said.“How many more people do I have to throw out on the street before the President wakes up?”
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179281 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Seriously?
100% of the "alien abduction" is bullshyt.
Anyone believing in that crap, is nuts.
why would anyone not seeking fame or attention claim they were abducted?

http://youtu.be/D5_uRr_sQdY

http://youtu.be/d9PVBL2MkKk
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#179282 Oct 6, 2013

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#179283 Oct 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT......And everyone said I was crazy. Skinny arms..........being strong........capable of reaching into space..able to go for miles.......its......PLASTICMA N. I've always said we were created by a race of PLASTICMEN but no one would believe me. I always knew I was right, you know how?.........Because it's in a BOOK!!!!! Cool. Thanks for helping me validate my Theory that Plasticman is our creator. I feel completely at ease now that the real answer has surface, and with your help, thanks again!!!
Go Gadget go!
heheheh

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179284 Oct 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just think people think that about you.
You think that's what people are thinking.
But you have no evidence that that's what people are thinking.
I think it's just you, thinking that people are thinking that about you.
I'm not thinking that, and I don't think most others are either.
Those are all real words that have been typed to me, Catcher1. Not necessarily on this thread but on others. I understand. I came to Topix when I was 17. Old people don't like being schooled by a teenager. They don't like it at all. Even though I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm still viewed as one.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#179285 Oct 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I like young people.
Call me "avuncular".
I'm going to be a grandfather, come about April.
I like young people too. At 5'8" I'm as tall as I'm going to get. I tower over little children.

My cousins love it when I take my leg off and make it move with my phone app. It has a chip in it.

You'll be a very good grandfather. I was gonna say great grandfather but that didn't sound right :)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179286 Oct 6, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like young people too. At 5'8" I'm as tall as I'm going to get. I tower over little children.
My cousins love it when I take my leg off and make it move with my phone app. It has a chip in it.
You'll be a very good grandfather. I was gonna say great grandfather but that didn't sound right :)
You’re at peace with yourself. This is something that I’ve noticed. A person at peace with themselves is more social and pleasant than one who’s not. I always saw you as someone in their 20 or 30’s.

That’s a compliment to you because you’re very mature in your thoughts and demeanor. You belong here and hope you always stay.[Tipping Hat].
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#179287 Oct 6, 2013
Good night my dear Atheist friends.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#179288 Oct 6, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re at peace with yourself. This is something that I’ve noticed. A person at peace with themselves is more social and pleasant than one who’s not. I always saw you as someone in their 20 or 30’s.
That’s a compliment to you because you’re very mature in your thoughts and demeanor. You belong here and hope you always stay.[Tipping Hat].
Thank you Eagle 12.

I'm vegan but my girlfriend eats meat. She was hungry and I was driving so we went to an Arbys drive through. I ordered whatever meat sandwich, I can't remember the name of it now, that she wanted and the guy who was talking to me through the giant meat eating menu sign repeated the order and told me how much it would cost. He said, "Is there anything else"? I said, "Thank you so much, that will be all".

When I drove to the window, he took my money and said, "You are the most polite person I've met this week. Thank you for that".

I said, "Awww thank you. Now where is my MEAT SANDWICH YOU MEAT SERVING MTHFR?"

Then I smiled.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179289 Oct 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bob
I am back for 2 weeks in Tennessee.
And... What do I find?
Idiot government! Lol
What the hell... is the USA going raving mad in my absence?
I hope you and family are well.
All is well at this end.

Yes, we are in a "crisis" that is entirely fabricated out of nothing.

It's disgusting.
Bongo

United States

#179290 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
All is well at this end.
Yes, we are in a "crisis" that is entirely fabricated out of nothing.
It's disgusting.
Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179291 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.
I see you are both disgusting and bitter.

That's your affair, not mine.

I'm so sorry for your loss (of sanity).

It's very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179292 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its easy to feel sorry for a fool like you. All those years of submission and singing songs, what a palooka. Just think, you will die in disgust and bitterness.
You hypocrite.

Welcome to Hell:

Matthew 5:22

King James Version (KJV)
... but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

New International Version
... And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

New Living Translation
... And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

English Standard Version
... and whoever says,‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

New American Standard Bible
... and whoever says,'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#179293 Oct 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
He'll die with my respect. Even if he doesn't know that, it doesn't matter.

When you sit down in a restaurant, you'll be thinking of my foot. My toenails are red today. Italian?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179294 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll die with my respect. Even if he doesn't know that, it doesn't matter.
When you sit down in a restaurant, you'll be thinking of my foot. My toenails are red today. Italian?
Would that be Ferrari red? Or more of a Mercedes Red?

;)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#179295 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Would that be Ferrari red? Or more of a Mercedes Red?
;)
It doesn't matter Bob.

Bongo knows.

Every time he eats something crunchy he's going to think of River Tam's cute little foot.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#179296 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Thank you Eagle 12.
I'm vegan but my girlfriend eats meat. She was hungry and I was driving so we went to an Arbys drive through. I ordered whatever meat sandwich, I can't remember the name of it now, that she wanted and the guy who was talking to me through the giant meat eating menu sign repeated the order and told me how much it would cost. He said, "Is there anything else"? I said, "Thank you so much, that will be all".
When I drove to the window, he took my money and said, "You are the most polite person I've met this week. Thank you for that".
I said, "Awww thank you. Now where is my MEAT SANDWICH YOU MEAT SERVING MTHFR?"
Then I smiled.
You crack me up.

I hope she enjoyed the roast beast.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#179297 Oct 7, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't think you're being ignorant. I see both sides being ignorant. Atheists just can't prove how earth came from nothing, and Christians can't prove God is real.
But hey, no one cares who's ignorant and atheists are like "Oh the earth came from nothing. I mean how intelligent is that.
I know exactly how the earth was formed, as do most people. There is irrefutable evidence that you can find at any college or university, any geological institute (and many other scientific institutes) and most museums, even the internet - if only you chose to educate yourself but hey, that means learning and learning ain’t what you do – right?

But hey no one cares that ignorant godbots claim goddidt by magic out of nothing one Wednesday afternoon in October 6000 years ago with absolutely no evidence so they guess based on the word of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.

And as for god not being real, how about E=MC^2 which shows that no god as described in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) can exist in this universe at the same time as matter, and you are matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Jacques Ottawa Or... 1,620,125
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Freedomofexpression 318,348
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min Not who you think 34,445
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web