Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,821 - 171,840 of 225,569 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us this day our daily toast.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

River Tam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3XOPZFhB3gEXX
My soul is absolutely famished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Beware fundamentalist toasters.

River Tam wrote:

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can do much better than that Bob. I can pray to the creator of the sun.
Ra? And I thought you were christian, I apologise for my misunderstanding.

Egyptian creation myth - the Sun god Ra created himself by willing himself into existence

Your god (el) was an afterthought of slaves escaped from Egypt at least 1000 years after Ra had become established. I suppose they had to create some story to better the old religions otherwise loose so many of their prospective converts. Thatís the way religion works

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Well, one thing is certain. We will all go into a box 6 feet underground, or most of us, anyway. I can do 2 things: 1)HOPE that He is not there; or 2)TRUST that He will be. Only those two options. The second is positive, I choose it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are, lol.
You know what is Little Red Bobbing Hoods second biggest problem. He takes all this as a win or lose thing, it really is beyond childish

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.
I guess I could see pedefiles as such a target group.

Who's to say, perhaps as I get to know atheist better I may want to throw them into a heated oven. OK soulless one what is step 3.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You seriously need to buy a clue.
Honestly this is what you could do. Drive to a Barnes and Noble/Starbucks buy a cup of coffee and a pastry, pie or piece of cake. I like the soup. They will let you read a magazine of your choice. Aren't Democracy/Republics fabulous. You really have no clue how far behind the times you are.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I was correct: you have no evidence of any worth.
Just more of your bullshyt.
Your dissembling above, is certain proof of your bullshyt.
I can't prove to you, you have a soul. Just like you can't prove to me you are not locked into 1870, but you have limited access to a computer.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

You're projecting again.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard for an unbeliever to understand. You canít understand because you have already closed your mind. In my case having an Atheist Father. I tested God and found him to be as real as anyone you have ever met.
Itís no longer a question of faith for me. It was a first but I have gone way beyond just simple faith. The bible has been around for thousands of years. It has withstood the test of time. Thereís documents that have been preserved that are thousands of years old.
I know beyond the shadow of any doubt God is real. My belief is based on my personal experience. If you are a treasure hunter and you donít believe thereís buried treasure. Youíre not going to put in the effort to find it.
But treasure hunters who are successful believe thereís hidden treasures in the ground. Some spend hundreds to thousands of hours before the get that first big pay off.
God is real my friend. Perhaps not to you because you havenít invested the time & effort to test and see if God is real.
During this process, how did you determine that all of the other thousands of gods who were worshipped by man over the years weren't real, but the god you are worshipping is real?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are tranquilized in a self induced fallacy that infants are born Atheist. Yes we can agree, itís a common assumption among Atheist. This induced fallacy feeds into the narcissism which is a big part of Atheist physiological make up.
I just want to let you know the rest of the world doesnít see it as the same as you do Bob. You can clutch onto your belief. Hold it dear to your heart like a teddy bear or favorite security blanket. Itís ok Bob, we are not going to take away your beloved blanky. I wouldnít do that to you Bob. I know you have to sleep.
How can it be a fallacy when you, yourself, admitted several days ago that babies have to be taught about god and trained about religion?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
You're projecting again.
<quoted text>
There is such thing as statements supporting statements for proof. It does not all ways have to be hand held to be proof. The atheist here at topix, that have to frequently post against religion. The blogs they post makes it clear they do feel jaded, by a system. I don't think that you are the majority of atheist. However, if atheism became a populist movement. The Atheist that are now not so hateful, or fundamental will fall in place. I do think you would have a greater percentage of atheist that are fundamentalist, than any other religious group. I think wiser atheist promote atheism while supporting religious groups like Buddhist, that denounce fundamentalist in their ranks. overall an atheist based country is just a bad idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

roseinthorn__ wrote:
Well, one thing is certain. We will all go into a box 6 feet underground, or most of us, anyway. I can do 2 things: 1)HOPE that He is not there; or 2)TRUST that He will be. Only those two options. The second is positive, I choose it.
How sad that you fear the god you worship...

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad that you fear the god you worship...
roseinthorn pay this hater no mind. He is sad. By his very own admission, he has no soul

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still waiting for you to explain why you insulted the memory of my grandfather.

Of course I am prepared to wait a long time and no doubt I will have to wait a long time but that does not change the fact that you insulted millions of very brave dead men who fought to save you chicken sh|t a$$
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

"all ways"

Sheesh.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There is such thing as statements supporting statements for proof. It does not all ways have to be hand held to be proof. The atheist here at topix, that have to frequently post against religion. The blogs they post makes it clear they do feel jaded, by a system. I don't think that you are the majority of atheist. However, if atheism became a populist movement. The Atheist that are now not so hateful, or fundamental will fall in place. I do think you would have a greater percentage of atheist that are fundamentalist, than any other religious group. I think wiser atheist promote atheism while supporting religious groups like Buddhist, that denounce fundamentalist in their ranks. overall an atheist based country is just a bad idea.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Page. 1
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> There is NO scientific evidence for UFO's, otherwise it would have been made public and we would ALL know about it. Front page news, world-wide, on every television station in the world, but......nothing, only people like you how make claims they can't prove.
Let me stop you right here. I know for a fact you have not viewed the videos I posted nor have you researched ufology because UFOís have been validated on CNN news, scientist, air traffic control, pilots, specific branches in the military etc... This is why I canít argue with people like you because you are not honest with yourself nor in the research you call yourself engaged in and integrity and honesty is a must for an argument to progress.

I have learned that posters like you are on here only to insult people are talk negative to posters like myself and this is why I am not going to get into a scientific argument with you. I am flawless at what I do and what I speak of is validated and can be proven scientifically. I am not going to get into this with you because you are intellectually dishonest with yourself, biased, close minded and negative thinking on the universal scale and this is demonstrated by the insults and how you address me in response to my posts.

I will say this to you, evolution is wrong and I can disprove it by applying the universal law of nonócontradiction to biological reproductive species, because nature is not contradictory and neither should the information used to explain how nature works.

This is what science lacks and the universal law of non-contradiction is a flawless scientific method that can be used to check the information when used to talk about nature and/or implementing laws through the civil governments when it comes to governing human behavior. Your scientific method lacks this!

You and a lot of other posters in this forum need to mature and learn how to argue correctly (non-insults are negative projections) because your argument is invalid to me when you hurl insults are try and talk down on someone. I feel your negative (not a universal positive thinker) energy and I donít affiliate with people who thrive on negative energy.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Page. 2 (Last Page)
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
There are documentations about all sorts of things, it doesn't make them real. Science makes them real. Investigation, tests, examining from ever angle, repeatability, peer review articles, weighing, measuring, more testing.
And may I ask what scientific method do you use to check all the information that is in your above quote? The information has to go through a scientific method as well and this is what your scientific method lacks. What nature governs, it does not change to an opposite of its function, but instead it varies and this is why nature is a "constant variable."

Theory of evolution violates the universal law of non-contradiction because it propose that biological reproductive species change to an opposite/incompatible biological reproductive species by the sharing of common ancestors which made us and all the rest of bio-diversity opposite species, and this is not how nature works because nature does not contradict its self and this is where the theory of evolution fails.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO physical evidence that UFO's are real, so there is nothing to test or examine Hearsay, anecdotal testimony, stories told and passed on a number of times. I know all about it, I was an avid UFO's enthusiasts, read everything I could get my hands on, watched all the documents on T.V. am still a huge Sci-Fi fan. But I refuse to accept anything without verifiable evidence, and there is NONE when it comes to UFO's
I know there are Alien races out there among the stars, the odds are just too overwhelming to not know they exist. But until I have evidence, no matter how attractive the idea, I won't accept bullshit, and neither should you!!!
We can try this if you can keep it clean because I donít like affiliating with negative insulting people who hurl insults because someone donít hold the same opinion or truth that they do. Your entire post is wrong when it comes to UFOís and I will prove this if you can keep this argument clean.

REMEMBER: Nature does not change to an opposite of its function but instead it varies and this is why nature is a "constant variable." Nature is constant and it's a variable that has boundaries by not changing to the opposite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Haz Mat 1,095,258
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 26,954
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 20 hr RICK SERVICE 28
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••