Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179111 Oct 3, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So check out YouTube for blues harmonica. An outstanding teacher is one Mitch Grainger.
I called up some of Mitchís stuff and he has it going on. And he is such a young guy. Nice good sound and laid back talent. Oh yea heís good, heĎs real good. I could see some of his stuff ending up as themes for movies.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179112 Oct 3, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
It boggles my little brain cell that you believe in god. Your bible was carried by word of mouth for hundreds of years by goat people, and finally written down, then edited hundreds of times. In fact, you will agree, that your Vatican destroyed many parts of your bible as the Vat considered many words from god were unfit for human consumption. It simply boggles my little mind why you believe in a god in the first place. Eagle, all this stuff you bow down to, was stuff contrived by simple men,(no women allowed, BTW). Why 'da frig do you totally believe your bible was directly written by the hand of "your god"? I will leave it for you to explain. BTW- wasn't the word of mouth stuff intended for Hebrews only, in the first place?
Please un boggle my little brain cell.
Itís hard for an unbeliever to understand. You canít understand because you have already closed your mind. In my case having an Atheist Father. I tested God and found him to be as real as anyone you have ever met.

Itís no longer a question of faith for me. It was a first but I have gone way beyond just simple faith. The bible has been around for thousands of years. It has withstood the test of time. Thereís documents that have been preserved that are thousands of years old.

I know beyond the shadow of any doubt God is real. My belief is based on my personal experience. If you are a treasure hunter and you donít believe thereís buried treasure. Youíre not going to put in the effort to find it.

But treasure hunters who are successful believe thereís hidden treasures in the ground. Some spend hundreds to thousands of hours before the get that first big pay off.
God is real my friend. Perhaps not to you because you havenít invested the time & effort to test and see if God is real.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179113 Oct 3, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard for an unbeliever to understand. You canít understand because you have already closed your mind. In my case having an Atheist Father. I tested God and found him to be as real as anyone you have ever met.
Itís no longer a question of faith for me. It was a first but I have gone way beyond just simple faith. The bible has been around for thousands of years. It has withstood the test of time. Thereís documents that have been preserved that are thousands of years old.
I know beyond the shadow of any doubt God is real. My belief is based on my personal experience. If you are a treasure hunter and you donít believe thereís buried treasure. Youíre not going to put in the effort to find it.
But treasure hunters who are successful believe thereís hidden treasures in the ground. Some spend hundreds to thousands of hours before the get that first big pay off.
God is real my friend. Perhaps not to you because you havenít invested the time & effort to test and see if God is real.
Here's a thought: why don't you try praying to the SUN instead of your myth?

Try it for 4 days, and see if you don't get THE EXACT SAME RESULTS.

You know-- that flaming ball of hydrogen gas you see during the day?

THAT sun.

Try your prayers to IT for a bit-- see if you don't get some results.

Suggested prayers:

"Dear Sun, who makes All Life On Earth Possible: thank you for your warming rays of light, without which we would all starve in a matter of days. Please be sure to rise again Tomorrow. Thank You."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for the strong radiation you bathe the earth in. Without it's strong rays, life on earth never would have evolved past the simple single-celled organisms. With your strong radiations adding much needed mutations, life evolved into more and complexities. And finally, I was born. Thank you Sun, for making this all possible."

"Dear Sun,
Thank you for only showing your face to the earth 12 hours out of 24. If the earth did not revolve? Life as we know it would not be possible, for your strong light would overwhelm us. Thank you for mitigating your wonderful energy in such a clever way."

"Dear Sun,
I know this is kinda outside your usual sphere, but could you please help me find a parking-spot close to the building? I'm running kinda late, and it would be helpful if I found one close in. Thank you."

(the last one may not be as effective as the others....)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179114 Oct 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed-- your beliefs are a fallacy.
Until and if you can show me newborns who ALREADY KNOW THE BIBLE?
Then your bible isn't godly.
It really is that simple.
You are tranquilized in a self induced fallacy that infants are born Atheist. Yes we can agree, itís a common assumption among Atheist. This induced fallacy feeds into the narcissism which is a big part of Atheist physiological make up.

I just want to let you know the rest of the world doesnít see it as the same as you do Bob. You can clutch onto your belief. Hold it dear to your heart like a teddy bear or favorite security blanket. Itís ok Bob, we are not going to take away your beloved blanky. I wouldnít do that to you Bob. I know you have to sleep.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179115 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's a thought: why don't you try praying to the SUN instead of your myth?
Try it for 4 days, and see if you don't get THE EXACT SAME RESULTS.
You know-- that flaming ball of hydrogen gas you see during the day?
THAT sun.
Try your prayers to IT for a bit-- see if you don't get some results.
Suggested prayers:
"Dear Sun, who makes All Life On Earth Possible: thank you for your warming rays of light, without which we would all starve in a matter of days. Please be sure to rise again Tomorrow. Thank You."
"Dear Sun,
Thank you for the strong radiation you bathe the earth in. Without it's strong rays, life on earth never would have evolved past the simple single-celled organisms. With your strong radiations adding much needed mutations, life evolved into more and complexities. And finally, I was born. Thank you Sun, for making this all possible."
"Dear Sun,
Thank you for only showing your face to the earth 12 hours out of 24. If the earth did not revolve? Life as we know it would not be possible, for your strong light would overwhelm us. Thank you for mitigating your wonderful energy in such a clever way."
"Dear Sun,
I know this is kinda outside your usual sphere, but could you please help me find a parking-spot close to the building? I'm running kinda late, and it would be helpful if I found one close in. Thank you."
(the last one may not be as effective as the others....)
Oh I can do much better than that Bob. I can pray to the creator of the sun.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#179116 Oct 3, 2013
Good night Bob, check with you later.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#179118 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard for an unbeliever to understand.
Its really easy, you religious liars just need to present evidence for your god not being a lie.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179120 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also pray to the creator of the toaster.

The results will be the same.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#179121 Oct 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
You can also pray to the creator of the toaster.
The results will be the same.
Give us this day our daily toast.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#179122 Oct 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us this day our daily toast.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#179123 Oct 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3XOPZFhB3gEXX
My soul is absolutely famished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

UK

#179124 Oct 4, 2013
Beware fundamentalist toasters.

River Tam wrote:

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#179125 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ra? And I thought you were christian, I apologise for my misunderstanding.

Egyptian creation myth - the Sun god Ra created himself by willing himself into existence

Your god (el) was an afterthought of slaves escaped from Egypt at least 1000 years after Ra had become established. I suppose they had to create some story to better the old religions otherwise loose so many of their prospective converts. Thatís the way religion works

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#179126 Oct 4, 2013
Well, one thing is certain. We will all go into a box 6 feet underground, or most of us, anyway. I can do 2 things: 1)HOPE that He is not there; or 2)TRUST that He will be. Only those two options. The second is positive, I choose it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#179127 Oct 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are, lol.
You know what is Little Red Bobbing Hoods second biggest problem. He takes all this as a win or lose thing, it really is beyond childish

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179128 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.
I guess I could see pedefiles as such a target group.

Who's to say, perhaps as I get to know atheist better I may want to throw them into a heated oven. OK soulless one what is step 3.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179129 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You are now on step two.
Trying to claim your target-group (the one you hate) is less than human.
Step Three on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder:
Murder your target-group.
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179130 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You seriously need to buy a clue.
Honestly this is what you could do. Drive to a Barnes and Noble/Starbucks buy a cup of coffee and a pastry, pie or piece of cake. I like the soup. They will let you read a magazine of your choice. Aren't Democracy/Republics fabulous. You really have no clue how far behind the times you are.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#179131 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I was correct: you have no evidence of any worth.
Just more of your bullshyt.
Your dissembling above, is certain proof of your bullshyt.
I can't prove to you, you have a soul. Just like you can't prove to me you are not locked into 1870, but you have limited access to a computer.
Thinking

UK

#179132 Oct 4, 2013
You're projecting again.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are annoying, but no need to kill you all, besides the ones I know are not half as bad as you are. They are capable of comprehensive conversation. You really do seek pity don't you. Your beliefs are thoughts, in that you are a minority. You are not an ethnic minority. You are an everyone should stop and pity me person. That wishes there was more reason to pity you. For whatever reason you have no soul, that is between you and The Perfect One.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,155,518
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min cpeter1313 307,057
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 43 min Lora_14 10
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr sam 201,186
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,451
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 8 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 12 hr dogman67156 1
More from around the web