Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,761 - 171,780 of 224,390 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lose the ability to change your mind?
You will never say you believe something?
This post of yours is known as RAB.(Random Access Babbling).
Son you need a serious reboot.
No, it's known as not being an idiot. Saying that you "believe" something means that you blind yourself from any other possibility. I think that certain things are right and certain things are wrong, and I obviously have my own worldview, but I will never let myself succumb to the disease of belief. Your belief in god is so strong that literally nothing could change your mind. Do you think that's a good thing? It's absurd.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep backpedaling, ace...you know you've lost.
I donít believe in giving Atheist a short chain. I always prefer to give you guys enough chain so when you take off running. Youíll have enough chain to allow you to get to full speed before the chain runs out.

Then your neck pops as the chain is fully extended and the body along with the hind legs go flying through the air. Resulting in your landing in the opposite direction from where you started.

Having said that I know you have a sore neck. But itís not my fault you donít know your limits.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
Atheism is simply no faith in supernatural bullshyt.
That's it.
Babies, by definition, have no faith in supernatural bullshyt.
They are, therefore, atheists.
It is as simple as that-- you **must** force-feed the bullshyt-- daily-- to damage an infant's mind into believing in the bullshyt.
Why do you think so many godbots baptize babies? Or at least "dedicate" them shortly after birth?
They **must** begin the damage early--or the natural skeptical child will reject the bullshyt.
Yes, isn't that cool? And Atheist are powerless to stop us.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have the same belief system as a fence post?
That explains everything.
Well is having the belief system of a two year old boy,
in the toy store is supposed to be better?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fence post donít believe in deities either.
Just ask one.
Two year old's believe in Santa Clause, in fact don't try to convince one otherwise.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
Atheism is simply no faith in supernatural bullshyt.
That's it.
Babies, by definition, have no faith in supernatural bullshyt.
They are, therefore, atheists.
It is as simple as that-- you **must** force-feed the bullshyt-- daily-- to damage an infant's mind into believing in the bullshyt.
Why do you think so many godbots baptize babies? Or at least "dedicate" them shortly after birth?
They **must** begin the damage early--or the natural skeptical child will reject the bullshyt.
For in your mind you believe this misdirected assertion that infants are Atheist. This self induced fallacy is your own folklore among Atheist.

This irrational thought among your peers is not based on scientific evidence but a wishful assessment. I have yet to find an infant born with a stamp that says,ďBorn Atheist.Ē

I shall accept that Atheist are entitled to their own make believe folklore. Even if goes beyond all rational thoughts of a modern society. To that being said when a child is born itís life and care come under the direction of the biological parents.

It is with great pleasure I must inform you that children born into Christian homes are being taught about God and his word. Even among the very faint and almost undetected protest from Atheist. This trend shall continue far into the future.

This misleading and erroneous belief you hold is having absolutely no effect in the real world. You may continue believing as you wish because it has no effect on reality. Shout it from the housetops or rent a billboard. It simply makes no difference at all.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Two year old's believe in Santa Clause, in fact don't try to convince one otherwise.
I was so heart broken when I found out Santa was not real. I was just starting the second grade. My Sister (four years older) just laughed and laughed at me about that.

Christmas is my favorite time of year. We pick a couple of names off the hospital Christmas Tree each year and buy some fun toys for kids that donít expect to get much.

One year my wife took to work a brand new set of Superman PJís sized for a 4 year old. She was working in the Hospital Emergency Room. Sure enough a family came through with a four year old. She gave the little boy the new PJís and his little eyes opened wide and his face glowed with excitement.

The joy of watching that little boy get so excited over getting a new pair of super hero PJís is indescribable.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Here goes my spin on Greys. I believe that there was and is intelligent life forms on this planet, that possible are as old as when Earth was mainly lava. I do think they are infinite in nature, as are we, but they are more advanced. Greys are robots or androids that are used to explore. These beings may be strictly energy, or perhaps the shape shifters the Native Americans believe in. Possibly both.
I think one reason we see a raise in atheism, is the evidence that it is much more likely we were created by another creature, in a lab. Instead of God. I admit the ET theory does carry more weight than mine. I stick with mine because I believe part of God's perfect design is, a species can't adapt to the atmosphere of a foreign planet. With a possible exception of, if they personally designed that planet. As we will soon try to do
Yeah I think the greys are androids/clones also. They seem to be used to do work for a higher terrestrial or extra terrestrial being(s). Creation is definitely tied into ufology and I am curious who are the ones who genetically engineered us. It could be GOD or a higher and advanced terrestrial or extra terrestrial civilization.

Are you familiar with the disclosure project? If so, have you seen the newest documentary called Sirius? In addition, have you got any leads on who created the human race?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Here's some factual information for your extremely gullible mind to ponder:
ALL major life forms now on Earth were NOT at all present in the past There were NO birds or mammals 250 million years ago.
That ALL major life forms of the past are no longer living.
All living things come from previous living forms. Therefore ALL present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were....wait for it now......DIFFERENT!! No person who pretends to understand the nature of the world can deny these facts anymore than they can deny the Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the sun
Now if you care to somehow insert aliens or any other unsupported entity, be my guest. However understand that in light of real science, your claim is simply childish. You are n different from the Theist who make claims without evidence And no, just because a group of people make a claim does not make it evidence. There is ONLY one place where we can determine if something is true or not, and that is SCIENCE.
I realize like the Theists, your belief make you feel comfortable. You have NO good reason to believe other than it makes you feel good. You reject what science has to say because it conflicts wit you belief. I do believe that is called being "willfully ignorant." Now if you have even a shred of scientific proof that supports your claim please post it. Otherwise you're just another moonbat making ridiculous unsupported claims.
You are wrong! Ufology has scientific evidence in many documentaries. Last, Holding the notion that bio-diversity is fixed is not a religious stance and it intels a designer.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong! Ufology has scientific evidence in many documentaries. Last, Holding the notion that bio-diversity is fixed is not a religious stance and it intels a designer.
There is NO scientific evidence for UFO's, otherwise it would have been made public and we would ALL know about it. Front page news, world-wide, on every television station in the world, but......nothing, only people like you how make claims they can't prove. There are documentations about all sorts of things, it doesn't make them real. Science makes them real. Investigation, tests, examining from ever angle, repeatability, peer review articles, weighing, measuring, more testing. There is NO physical evidence that UFO's are real, so there is nothing to test or examine Hearsay, anecdotal testimony, stories told and passed on a number of times. I know all about it, I was an avid UFO's enthusiasts, read everything I could get my hands on, watched all the documents on T.V. am still a huge Sci-Fi fan. But I refuse to accept anything without verifiable evidence, and there is NONE when it comes to UFO's

I know there are Alien races out there among the stars, the odds are just to overwhelming to not know they exist. But until I have evidence, no matter how attractive the idea, I won't accept bullshit, and neither should you!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I think the greys are androids/clones also. They seem to be used to do work for a higher terrestrial or extra terrestrial being(s). Creation is definitely tied into ufology and I am curious who are the ones who genetically engineered us. It could be GOD or a higher and advanced terrestrial or extra terrestrial civilization.
Are you familiar with the disclosure project? If so, have you seen the newest documentary called Sirius? In addition, have you got any leads on who created the human race?
Children!!! Hey, maybe spiderman is really an Alien, we know Superman is. How about plastic man, or wonder women, you think they are also Aliens? I really think I have the answer for you as to who created the human race, I don't disclose this to just anyone, but seeing as how you are really interested, it was..Marvin The Martian...yep, its a fact. You know how I know? I saw it on T.V. just like the documentaries you saw, so now you KNOW. Pass it on!!!! No No don't thank me, anything for another ufologists!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t believe in giving Atheist a short chain. I always prefer to give you guys enough chain so when you take off running. You’ll have enough chain to allow you to get to full speed before the chain runs out.

Then your neck pops as the chain is fully extended and the body along with the hind legs go flying through the air. Resulting in your landing in the opposite direction from where you started.

Having said that I know you have a sore neck. But it’s not my fault you don’t know your limits.
Wow...I hope you don't own a dog lol... On the bright side, I'm also glad to know that you also don't have anyone human on a chain lol... At least here you don't... What sick things you may do in your own spare time, I wouldn't know.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, isn't that cool? And Atheist are powerless to stop us.
Lol... Are you pretending to be a comic book hero again?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a mental illness, probably schizophrenia - all of those people are mentally ill:

Ufologists (no evidence, but the sufferers believe there is)
Creationists (no evidence, but the sufferers believe there is)
Ghosts / Paranormal (no evidence, but the sufferers believe there is)
Illuminati / World conspiracy (no evidence, but the sufferers believe there is)
Lizard people theory (no evidence, but the sufferers believe there is)

These are all different manifestations of the same mental illness of faith - its only when there is wishful thinking + no evidence + mania that these types of groups get set up.

They literally collect around their own mental illness and self-reinforce their bullsh*t. The people that survive in these groups are always pushing the boundaries of their faith based mental illness, believing in more and more outrageous things without question or investigation.

This positive reinforcement of the mental illness causes the believers to believe that they are part of something larger and more important than their usualy lonely unimportant selves.

That is why many people are drawn to faith based mental illnesses as ego validation. Its also why so many take on a self-righteous approach (never having been sure of anything in their lives previously) which is echoed in the behaviors of the faith based mentally ill.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

All of these crazy groups come from the same faith based mental illnesses, that are left ignored, untreated and neglected by doctors, hospitals and governments...

...until the internet gathers and organises them into cults, where the mental illness progresses further and escalates.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít believe in giving Atheist a short chain. I always prefer to give you guys enough chain so when you take off running. Youíll have enough chain to allow you to get to full speed before the chain runs out.
Having said that I know you have a sore neck. But itís not my fault you donít know your limits.
You've already admitted that children are born with no knowledge of any deities and have to be taught to believe in deities and indoctrinated into religion.

You lose.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
ÖQUOTE]

[QUOTE who="ChristineM"] <quoted text>
And does missing a programme make any difference to your lies?
I am still waiting for you to explain why as a good christian you choose to use lies to insult the memory of my grandfather and all the other atheists people who have given their lives to protect your stinking a$$
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already admitted that children are born with no knowledge of any deities and have to be taught to believe in deities and indoctrinated into religion.
You lose.
Thatís the same thing Saddams Husseinís spokesman, Tarik Aziz said as M1-A1 Abrams Tank were rolling into Baghdad.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís the same thing Saddams Husseinís spokesman, Tarik Aziz said as M1-A1 Abrams Tank were rolling into Baghdad.
Wrong, why do you lie for your god?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

So you equate US forces with indoctrination? How odd you are.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Flacks News 1,082,423
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 305,162
loan offer with low interest 6 hr Pastor james 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,704
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••