Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,701 - 171,720 of 224,618 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg...that guy on tv with the horrible hair that used to try to sell that shit!!!!! Amazing how many people actually bought into that.
Yeah - Peter Popoff. He made a killing off of it *after* he was already exposed as a fraud. Hilarious, but also sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the post. I am into Ufology myself. I can accept that an advance terrestrial being(s) created us also.
Do you think the advance terrestrial beings are infinite in nature?
There is something beautiful, even profound, in that serendipitous moment when two equally crazy people find each other on the internet. I wish the both of you the best.

And please - continue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Because nature does not contradict it's self and nature is demonstrating that a biodiversity species biologically reproduce the same biological reproductive species and to say other wise would be in contradiction on what nature demonstrates.
Your evolutionary process is advance ET's or an advance terrestrial being(s) genetically engineering one or more different biological reproductive species to create a new biological reproductive species. For example, the genetic engineers could have use some of the great apes or monkey genetic material to create humans. This is what you are observing and calling evolution.
I like your style. Take a perfectly good answer (namely, that we descended from old world apes) and add aliens. There is literally no theory that cannot be improved with aliens. On that, my friend, you and I agree.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The televangelists are scammers, pure and simple.
Snake oil salesmen, preying on ignorant people.
Yep, I agree.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Eagle! It's. So nice. To. See you! You haven't. Changed one. Bit.
[Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some christians believe that all atheists secretly believe in god? Further, what makes you think you are capable of essentially psychoanalyzing someone through the internet?
Not all but I do believe some do.

Over time the pieces about someone start coming together.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He's more grey than before.
Nope, So far no gray hair.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

topical1 wrote:
The very title of this thread is absurd.
Take a newborn baby, who has never been told that god exists. That baby does not believe in god, having never heard of the concept.
That doesn't mean that the newborn has any faith in his or her nonbelief.
So someone explain to me how the absence of belief could REQUIRE faith?
Although a infants mind has not developed to the point of understanding faith as an adult would. They do understand love and being nurtured. Their minds are working and learning even before they’re born. A infant hears for example the Mother reading to it weeks before it’s born.
Voice recognition of the Mother and Father have already begun.

This is why it is important for Christian parents to read or quote Gods word even to little infants on a daily basis. Their minds are recording and analyzing the information. Building a foundation for future learning long before going to school.

By the time they are six years old they are fully grounded in Gods word. And his word will remain in their hearts forever. Making it virtually impossible for someone to convince them God is not real.

The absence of faith only means there’s a clean slate to start building on. Their minds are eager to start consuming information. Even learning the ABC’s and counting can begin before the child is born.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Although a infants mind has not developed to the point of understanding faith as an adult would. They do understand love and being nurtured. Their minds are working and learning even before they’re born. A infant hears for example the Mother reading to it weeks before it’s born.
This is why it is important for Christian parents to read or quote Gods word even to little infants on a daily basis. Their minds are recording and analyzing the information. Building a foundation for future learning long before going to school.
By the time they are six years old they are fully grounded in Gods word. And his word will remain in their hearts forever. Making it virtually impossible for someone to convince them God is not real.
The absence of faith only means there’s a clean slate to start building on. Their minds are eager to start consuming information. Even learning the ABC’s and counting can begin before the child is born.
Yep.

Gotta brainwash them early, before they can start to think for themselves.

Thanks for admitting that.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
That is fantastically disgusting.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, people are born atheists and then brainwashed into believing in a god.

I'm glad one of you finally admitted it...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Because nature does not contradict it's self and nature is demonstrating that a biodiversity species biologically reproduce the same biological reproductive species and to say other wise would be in contradiction on what nature demonstrates.
Your evolutionary process is advance ET's or an advance terrestrial being(s) genetically engineering one or more different biological reproductive species to create a new biological reproductive species. For example, the genetic engineers could have use some of the great apes or monkey genetic material to create humans. This is what you are observing and calling evolution.
Here's some factual information for your extremely gullible mind to ponder:

ALL major life forms now on Earth were NOT at all present in the past There were NO birds or mammals 250 million years ago.

That ALL major life forms of the past are no longer living.

All living things come from previous living forms. Therefore ALL present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were....wait for it now......DIFFERENT!! No person who pretends to understand the nature of the world can deny these facts anymore than they can deny the Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the sun

Now if you care to somehow insert aliens or any other unsupported entity, be my guest. However understand that in light of real science, your claim is simply childish. You are n different from the Theist who make claims without evidence And no, just because a group of people make a claim does not make it evidence. There is ONLY one place where we can determine if something is true or not, and that is SCIENCE.

I realize like the Theists, your belief make you feel comfortable. You have NO good reason to believe other than it makes you feel good. You reject what science has to say because it conflicts wit you belief. I do believe that is called being "willfully ignorant." Now if you have even a shred of scientific proof that supports your claim please post it. Otherwise you're just another moonbat making ridiculous unsupported claims.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have indeed described the process of brainwashing. Love, compassion, respect, mortality, all can be taught to the very young without inserting a fictitious being, especially one so cruel, capricious, and immoral. And, I might add, you get an adult who is NOT hampered by restrictive relies dogma. I raised both of my children without the concept of God. I taught them all of the things I mentioned with one very important addition, SKEPTICISM. I told them to ALWAYS investigate, never accept anything on face value, to be CRITICAL THINKERS. Both of my child turned out to be all that I had hoped for. Both extremely respectful and compassionate, all without the brainwashing of a God figure. There is NO reason, NO REASON at all to insert God into the learning process for young children. There is NOT one single benefit for raising a child with a God figure over not.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I get my information the sources are not mentally ill but instead credible.
For example:
"The Disclosure Project is a research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret."
>>>> http://www.disclosureproject.org/
That nutter Greer? I mean, really?

Remember all that fuss when he claimed that that baby's skeleton was an alien? In Chile?

Turned out to be an infant human. He's not just misinterpreting stuff, he's actively making stuff up.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I did, I just forgot most of it.:)
$4 reel....
LOL!

Indeed.... learning is the one thing that sets humans apart from other creatures.

We have invented this amazing thing: a way to pass on what we learn, to the future.

It's called writing (of course-- you already knew that).

Writing is the single example where a Necromancy "spell" actually works: the literal thoughts and ideas of the dead, can be preserved in the "amber" of immortal words.

:D

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Gotta brainwash them early, before they can start to think for themselves.
Thanks for admitting that.
I got lucky.
Managed to shake off the programming when I learned to think. Age 12 or so.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashing children towards your mentally ill cult is child abuse, pure and simple.

This is how you create drones which don't question evidence. Your cult has had a lot of practice in breaking the human psyche from birth.

And yet it still fails as many people wake up to the lies in this scientific day and age.

When governments make it a crime to psychologically abuse children in this way, humanity will become a safer, saner place to live.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Many forced into being atheist. I missed the episode of The History Channel explaining the World Wars were Holy Wars.
And does missing a programme make any difference to your lies?

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never met Abraham Lincoln but I believe what I have read in history about this man. I didn’t know Isaac Newton either but I believe there’s was a man of science and art named Isaac Newton.
So you don’t claim to know any historical figures? Interesting…………
How could I know any historical figures? I am an old retired guy, dude. I love the following: Blues Harmonica, Chopin & Beethoven, Manet, Renoir, anything French,'specially Johnny.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dear Friend Bob has an axe to grind. He has actually mellowed out some from a year ago. He was going to church for years and working with a youth group when something happened.
It wasn’t just a gradual falling away. But a bitter and resentful departure. Bob is still bitter about what happened. He has done a real good job of hiding it. But the clue for me was all this bitterness he carried. It’s like a puzzle that is slowly pieced together. A little information here and a little there.
Aside from his deep seated hatred for God whom he says he doesn’t believe,(He actually does believe in God). He remains as far as I can tell pretty much a honest hard working man. Reclusive and living by himself. Topix is his outlet and a way he can vent. This is his social media.
Bob is hung up on the past and he can’t forgive the church nor can he forgive himself. His past haunts him and the way he deals with it is lashing out at those who believe in God. I ignore most of his post but a few I read and comment on.
At least he admit it. Most of these bloggers clearly show they have a reason to act jaded, but don't want to seek help. Bob does need help. It's too bad he doesn't properly seek it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min kellyjohnson5 1,083,779
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min Brian_G 305,182
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Fight On 26,736
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 15 hr Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Tue Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Mon Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Jul 27 engd 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••