Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#178970 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I donít like some organized religions myself. I especially hate TV ministries.
The televangelists are scammers, pure and simple.

Snake oil salesmen, preying on ignorant people.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#178971 Oct 1, 2013
Reel the Wowzer one wrote:
<quoted text>
But god created our imaginations!
Only if you believe that. Because if you don't believe in god, it couldn't have possibly created anything. You have to create god in your mind before it can create anything.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178972 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is a religion of jaded people with poor comprehension.
It's not a religion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#178973 Oct 1, 2013
someuser wrote:
God must be real because if God didn't create himself, then who did?
Do atheists really think that God just came out of thin air???
No way are you serious.

Location hidden

#178974 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor your life is not over. Judgment has not been passed on you. I donít know if you are going to hell in judgment. God may reveal himself to you in a way you canít deny him. You can find salvation minutes or seconds before you die.
But once you cross that threshold from life to death, all bets are off. God is a God of extremes. He has extreme mercy and he can be extremely judgmental. He can be extremely loving or extremely cruel. Thatís his personality that I canít change.
But I want you to keep this one thing tucked away in your mind. When you find yourself dying, while you are conscious, ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Ask him to be merciful on you in judgment. That little prayer will only take about 7 seconds. But itís outcome will last eternity. Whisper it if you have to but say it.
Oh Eagle! It's. So nice. To. See you! You haven't. Changed one. Bit.

Location hidden

#178975 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dear Friend Bob has an axe to grind. He has actually mellowed out some from a year ago. He was going to church for years and working with a youth group when something happened.
It wasnít just a gradual falling away. But a bitter and resentful departure. Bob is still bitter about what happened. He has done a real good job of hiding it. But the clue for me was all this bitterness he carried. Itís like a puzzle that is slowly pieced together. A little information here and a little there.
Aside from his deep seated hatred for God whom he says he doesnít believe,(He actually does believe in God). He remains as far as I can tell pretty much a honest hard working man. Reclusive and living by himself. Topix is his outlet and a way he can vent. This is his social media.
Bob is hung up on the past and he canít forgive the church nor can he forgive himself. His past haunts him and the way he deals with it is lashing out at those who believe in God. I ignore most of his post but a few I read and comment on.
Why do some christians believe that all atheists secretly believe in god? Further, what makes you think you are capable of essentially psychoanalyzing someone through the internet?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178976 Oct 1, 2013
Reel the Wowzer one wrote:
<quoted text>
But god created our imaginations!
unsuported assertion FALLACY

first you need to prove god exists.

good luck
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178977 Oct 1, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a religion.
dont waste your time with Robert,hes a Pathological liar,,or a Troll that keeps repeating the same BS every day

Location hidden

#178978 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I donít like some organized religions myself. I especially hate TV ministries.
Are you telling me that this here miracle spring water isn't gonna cure my debilitating illness?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178979 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some christians believe that all atheists secretly believe in god? Further, what makes you think you are capable of essentially psychoanalyzing someone through the internet?
do you really expect inteligent reply from that Nut?

Location hidden

#178980 Oct 1, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>dont waste your time with Robert,hes a Pathological liar,,or a Troll that keeps repeating the same BS every day
I've watched him get more rude and mouthy over the past couple weeks.

Location hidden

#178981 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you telling me that this here miracle spring water isn't gonna cure my debilitating illness?
Omg...that guy on tv with the horrible hair that used to try to sell that shit!!!!! Amazing how many people actually bought into that.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178982 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor your life is not over. Judgment has not been passed on you. I donít know if you are going to hell in judgment. God may reveal himself to you in a way you canít deny him. You can find salvation minutes or seconds before you die.
But once you cross that threshold from life to death, all bets are off. God is a God of extremes. He has extreme mercy and he can be extremely judgmental. He can be extremely loving or extremely cruel. Thatís his personality that I canít change.
But I want you to keep this one thing tucked away in your mind. When you find yourself dying, while you are conscious, ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Ask him to be merciful on you in judgment. That little prayer will only take about 7 seconds. But itís outcome will last eternity. Whisper it if you have to but say it.
oh looky, Eagle sounds like a CHICKEN being frightened by some Imaginary spook!
LLLL

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#178983 Oct 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Oh Eagle! It's. So nice. To. See you! You haven't. Changed one. Bit.
He's more grey than before.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#178984 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok you are a Major Leaguer. Ufologist are tough to beat. I agree with much of what you are saying, perhaps all actually besides one detail. I do believe men were created by a advance terrestrial beings not ETs.
The Atheist here have no belief that there is a traveling energy which partakes in their life's choices. I don't wish to argue this detail with them, because I think it is likely for themselves the statement is true, that they are without souls. Talking beliefs with them is like watching an ice hockey game being played by people that can't skate. I know you make take this paragraph as condescending, but it just what is.
Thanks for the post. I am into Ufology myself. I can accept that an advance terrestrial being(s) created us also.

Do you think the advance terrestrial beings are infinite in nature?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#178985 Oct 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the post. I am into Ufology myself. I can accept that an advance terrestrial being(s) created us also.
Do you think the advance terrestrial beings are infinite in nature?
You will first have to find one and ask one to know.
Which begs the question , of how you can accept something that you have no idea if it exists? You may as well accept that all dead people are infinite advanced terrestrial beings, that congregate on the sun.

Planet Earth

#178986 Oct 1, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born atheist,,
in fact everyone was,,,until your religious folks force fed you Jebus
I believe in design and I am a Ufologist.

Planet Earth

#178987 Oct 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking of individual choice or minor bits of evil.
I **was** speaking of Great Evil, like mass starvation due to crop failures, or mass death due to flooding, or mass destruction due to earthquakes or volcanoes or hurricanes.
That sort of thing.
Your post ignores these examples of Great Evil. Epicurus asked you a question.
You did not answer:
ďIs God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?Ē
~ Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)
I would not classify volcanoes and floods as evil. As for your Greek philosopher this does not disprove the existence of GOD. GOD is a supreme being and that's that.

Planet Earth

#178988 Oct 2, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think bio-diversity is "fixed?" The evolutionary process continues, nothing about it is "fixed."
Because nature does not contradict it's self and nature is demonstrating that a biodiversity species biologically reproduce the same biological reproductive species and to say other wise would be in contradiction on what nature demonstrates.

Your evolutionary process is advance ET's or an advance terrestrial being(s) genetically engineering one or more different biological reproductive species to create a new biological reproductive species. For example, the genetic engineers could have use some of the great apes or monkey genetic material to create humans. This is what you are observing and calling evolution.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178989 Oct 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in design and I am a Ufologist.
You can't always have come true, what you believe in.

Especially if you made it all up and lie about it and know that there's no evidence for it being true - just like your cult knows its not true.

That's why they sent you here - to continue to lie and spread your personal mental illness of belief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,155,618
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Trojan 28,453
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 16 min ivyawe 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 307,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 17 hr Lora_14 10
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Wed IBdaMann 2,731
More from around the web