Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,584)

Showing posts 171,661 - 171,680 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

God must be real because if God didn't create himself, then who did?

Do atheists really think that God just came out of thin air???

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That the best you can do after being caught in a bold faced lie? You were wrong. Man up and stop whimpering like a little girl!!!
This is proof that all atheists are God-hating sexist pigs!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nearing 80,000 fact less post. The only thing you ever proven is you have a ever low reading comprehension. You squander your time posting here asking us questions when you could open a book and find the answers to your questions, but that wouldn't be possible because of your inferior reading comprehension. You prove that you can't fix stupid.
Our Dear Friend Bob has an axe to grind. He has actually mellowed out some from a year ago. He was going to church for years and working with a youth group when something happened.

It wasnít just a gradual falling away. But a bitter and resentful departure. Bob is still bitter about what happened. He has done a real good job of hiding it. But the clue for me was all this bitterness he carried. Itís like a puzzle that is slowly pieced together. A little information here and a little there.

Aside from his deep seated hatred for God whom he says he doesnít believe,(He actually does believe in God). He remains as far as I can tell pretty much a honest hard working man. Reclusive and living by himself. Topix is his outlet and a way he can vent. This is his social media.

Bob is hung up on the past and he canít forgive the church nor can he forgive himself. His past haunts him and the way he deals with it is lashing out at those who believe in God. I ignore most of his post but a few I read and comment on.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

someuser wrote:
Nope we created god out of our imaginations.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

someuser wrote:
<quoted text>
This is proof that all atheists are God-hating sexist pigs!
Not true, they hate religion, God they can't hate because they don't believe in God. Most Atheist don't believe in God. Some actually believe in God but try to pretend they don't. And the good Doctor is not a sexist pig. He is a good man. One of the few real men left in the world.

“Duck, Duck, Goose. ”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope we created god out of our imaginations.
But god created our imaginations!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

someuser wrote:
You're probalby a regular Atheist pretending not to be an Atheist. We see a few pretenders here and there. Your not going a very good job of hiding your atheism. Sorry.

“Duck, Duck, Goose. ”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probalby a regular Atheist pretending not to be an Atheist. We see a few pretenders here and there. Your not going a very good job of hiding your atheism. Sorry.
I think she's a theist, pretending to be a trolling atheist.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, they hate religion, God they can't hate because they don't believe in God. Most Atheist don't believe in God. Some actually believe in God but try to pretend they don't. And the good Doctor is not a sexist pig. He is a good man. One of the few real men left in the world.
Hold on there, Eagle.

You're right about the god part--I don't believe in that, or in anything supernatural--ghosts, witches, Santa Claus, astrology, hexes, seers, fairies, and so on.

But I don't hate religion. I don't need it for myself, but I can understand that some people need it, mostly as a crutch, but whatever the reason,or whatever the belief, it's none of my business and, as long as they don't hurt anybody, I respect everybody's right to believe anything they want.

What I don't like is ORGANIZED religion. Although I don't deny that organized religions have done some good things, in my view, and looking back through history, this is far outweighed by the bad things caused by organized religions.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I donít like some organized religions myself. I especially hate TV ministries.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
The televangelists are scammers, pure and simple.

Snake oil salesmen, preying on ignorant people.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Reel the Wowzer one wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you believe that. Because if you don't believe in god, it couldn't have possibly created anything. You have to create god in your mind before it can create anything.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is a religion of jaded people with poor comprehension.
It's not a religion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

someuser wrote:
No way are you serious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor your life is not over. Judgment has not been passed on you. I donít know if you are going to hell in judgment. God may reveal himself to you in a way you canít deny him. You can find salvation minutes or seconds before you die.
But once you cross that threshold from life to death, all bets are off. God is a God of extremes. He has extreme mercy and he can be extremely judgmental. He can be extremely loving or extremely cruel. Thatís his personality that I canít change.
But I want you to keep this one thing tucked away in your mind. When you find yourself dying, while you are conscious, ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Ask him to be merciful on you in judgment. That little prayer will only take about 7 seconds. But itís outcome will last eternity. Whisper it if you have to but say it.
Oh Eagle! It's. So nice. To. See you! You haven't. Changed one. Bit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dear Friend Bob has an axe to grind. He has actually mellowed out some from a year ago. He was going to church for years and working with a youth group when something happened.
It wasnít just a gradual falling away. But a bitter and resentful departure. Bob is still bitter about what happened. He has done a real good job of hiding it. But the clue for me was all this bitterness he carried. Itís like a puzzle that is slowly pieced together. A little information here and a little there.
Aside from his deep seated hatred for God whom he says he doesnít believe,(He actually does believe in God). He remains as far as I can tell pretty much a honest hard working man. Reclusive and living by himself. Topix is his outlet and a way he can vent. This is his social media.
Bob is hung up on the past and he canít forgive the church nor can he forgive himself. His past haunts him and the way he deals with it is lashing out at those who believe in God. I ignore most of his post but a few I read and comment on.
Why do some christians believe that all atheists secretly believe in god? Further, what makes you think you are capable of essentially psychoanalyzing someone through the internet?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Reel the Wowzer one wrote:
<quoted text>
unsuported assertion FALLACY

first you need to prove god exists.

good luck
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a religion.
dont waste your time with Robert,hes a Pathological liar,,or a Troll that keeps repeating the same BS every day

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
Are you telling me that this here miracle spring water isn't gonna cure my debilitating illness?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some christians believe that all atheists secretly believe in god? Further, what makes you think you are capable of essentially psychoanalyzing someone through the internet?
do you really expect inteligent reply from that Nut?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 171,661 - 171,680 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,569
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 min PEE PEE PETE 26,641
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Brilliant 305,071
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••