Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178944 Oct 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the tell-tales for a True Believerô?
Is a strong inability to learn.
Robert Stevens has demonstrated multiple times, he is 100% unable to learn.
Sad, really-- no better than a pre-programmed robot.
What's there to learn. I knew from the beginning neither of us could prove the start of the Universe, therefore can't PROVE our beliefs. And without that proof it is beliefs.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178945 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't know the answer as I'm not capable of climbing inside your head. It was a simple enough question, I just don't understand your reluctance to answer.
Borg, wasn't he turned down as a Supreme Court Justice?

Iím having a little fun with you Doctor because I know you are all business, lol. But I still love you Doc, like a son loves his Father.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178946 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And everyone remember, this is coming from a pre-programmed ahteistbot, lol. A little laughter will do you good Bob. It will clear your lungs of some of that asbestoes.
Unlike you?

I am quite willing to change my mind about an issue, if there are sufficient **facts** presented.

But you? You actually **deny** reality itself, to support your pre-programmed and abusive behavior.

Which is so very Jesus.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178947 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
What's there to learn.
And **that** is the very crux of your inability to learn.

You actually think you **know** all that there is to know...!

Sad.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#178948 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad.
I did, I just forgot most of it.:)

$4 reel....
Thinking

UK

#178949 Oct 1, 2013
Agreed. I've seen plenty of godsquadders get bent out of shape discussing Aramaic translations whilst Epicurus' basic argument remains unchanged - and unanswered.
<quoted text>
Even if paraphrased? The essential message is the same, and very clear.
Widespread, large-scale evil as expressed by an indifferent universe, is proof the universe (or gods) do not give a crap about the fates of humans.
There is no way around that conundrum.
The godbots keep lying about "free will".
The apologists keep lying about "mystery of god"
Only the unbelievers recognize the truth: the universe (or gods) simply do not care.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178950 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Unlike you?
I am quite willing to change my mind about an issue, if there are sufficient **facts** presented.
But you? You actually **deny** reality itself, to support your pre-programmed and abusive behavior.
Which is so very Jesus.
You are nearing 80,000 fact less post. The only thing you ever proven is you have a ever low reading comprehension. You squander your time posting here asking us questions when you could open a book and find the answers to your questions, but that wouldn't be possible because of your inferior reading comprehension. You prove that you can't fix stupid.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178951 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad.
All I have to know is if you could prove what you claim you prove, you'd be very, very well known. Not Little Red Bobbing Hood with a 2nd grade reading comprehension level.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178952 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad.
What really is sad, is that you have no soul.
Thinking

UK

#178953 Oct 1, 2013
Who do you believe decided that?
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
What really is sad, is that you have no soul.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178954 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!!!
That the best you can do after being caught in a bold faced lie? You were wrong. Man up and stop whimpering like a little girl!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178956 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Borg, wasn't he turned down as a Supreme Court Justice?
Iím having a little fun with you Doctor because I know you are all business, lol. But I still love you Doc, like a son loves his Father.
I'm really glad to see you struggling with the answer to my question. I know why you are having trouble answering my question. You don't believe for one moment that I deserve to be thrown into a lake of fire, your more moral and compassionate than that. You know that I could be the best father in the world, a loving husband, give to charity, go out of my way to help others, cringe whenever I see cruelty done to not only humans but to animals, and simply because I chose to exercise the skepticism God supplied me, I am destined for eternal torture. You are more moral than the God you worship You know deep down inside that kind of punishment is not even close to the crime supposedly committed. Is there anything your children could do that would cause you to lock them in the basement and torture them including not loving you? The internal struggle that rages inside of you trying to justify any decent person being submerged in lakes of fire for simple not believing is commendable. Maybe if your God had presented himself to all so that there would be no question about his existence, non of this cruelty would be necessary. Congratulations for have a higher moral standard than the God you worship!!!!

P.S I know this is how you feel or otherwise you would not have avoided the question, and would have said that YES because I reject Jesus I DESERVE to be tortured for eternity.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178957 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Unlike you?
Which is so very Jesus.
Why thank you Bob.[Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178958 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really glad to see you struggling with the answer to my question. I know why you are having trouble answering my question. You don't believe for one moment that I deserve to be thrown into a lake of fire, your more moral and compassionate than that. You know that I could be the best father in the world, a loving husband, give to charity, go out of my way to help others, cringe whenever I see cruelty done to not only humans but to animals, and simply because I chose to exercise the skepticism God supplied me, I am destined for eternal torture. You are more moral than the God you worship You know deep down inside that kind of punishment is not even close to the crime supposedly committed. Is there anything your children could do that would cause you to lock them in the basement and torture them including not loving you? The internal struggle that rages inside of you trying to justify any decent person being submerged in lakes of fire for simple not believing is commendable. Maybe if your God had presented himself to all so that there would be no question about his existence, non of this cruelty would be necessary. Congratulations for have a higher moral standard than the God you worship!!!!
P.S I know this is how you feel or otherwise you would not have avoided the question, and would have said that YES because I reject Jesus I DESERVE to be tortured for eternity.
Doctor your life is not over. Judgment has not been passed on you. I donít know if you are going to hell in judgment. God may reveal himself to you in a way you canít deny him. You can find salvation minutes or seconds before you die.

But once you cross that threshold from life to death, all bets are off. God is a God of extremes. He has extreme mercy and he can be extremely judgmental. He can be extremely loving or extremely cruel. Thatís his personality that I canít change.

But I want you to keep this one thing tucked away in your mind. When you find yourself dying, while you are conscious, ask God to forgive you of all your sins. Ask him to be merciful on you in judgment. That little prayer will only take about 7 seconds. But itís outcome will last eternity. Whisper it if you have to but say it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#178959 Oct 1, 2013
God must be real because if God didn't create himself, then who did?

Do atheists really think that God just came out of thin air???

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#178960 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That the best you can do after being caught in a bold faced lie? You were wrong. Man up and stop whimpering like a little girl!!!
This is proof that all atheists are God-hating sexist pigs!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178961 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nearing 80,000 fact less post. The only thing you ever proven is you have a ever low reading comprehension. You squander your time posting here asking us questions when you could open a book and find the answers to your questions, but that wouldn't be possible because of your inferior reading comprehension. You prove that you can't fix stupid.
Our Dear Friend Bob has an axe to grind. He has actually mellowed out some from a year ago. He was going to church for years and working with a youth group when something happened.

It wasnít just a gradual falling away. But a bitter and resentful departure. Bob is still bitter about what happened. He has done a real good job of hiding it. But the clue for me was all this bitterness he carried. Itís like a puzzle that is slowly pieced together. A little information here and a little there.

Aside from his deep seated hatred for God whom he says he doesnít believe,(He actually does believe in God). He remains as far as I can tell pretty much a honest hard working man. Reclusive and living by himself. Topix is his outlet and a way he can vent. This is his social media.

Bob is hung up on the past and he canít forgive the church nor can he forgive himself. His past haunts him and the way he deals with it is lashing out at those who believe in God. I ignore most of his post but a few I read and comment on.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#178962 Oct 1, 2013
someuser wrote:
God must be real because if God didn't create himself, then who did?
Do atheists really think that God just came out of thin air???
Nope we created god out of our imaginations.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178963 Oct 1, 2013
someuser wrote:
<quoted text>
This is proof that all atheists are God-hating sexist pigs!
Not true, they hate religion, God they can't hate because they don't believe in God. Most Atheist don't believe in God. Some actually believe in God but try to pretend they don't. And the good Doctor is not a sexist pig. He is a good man. One of the few real men left in the world.

“Duck, Duck, Goose. ”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#178964 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope we created god out of our imaginations.
But god created our imaginations!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,142,304
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 24 min The World is waiting 306,570
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 9 hr Conscious Thought 637
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 28,185
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 16 hr IBdaMann 2,137
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Sat ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Sat MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE