Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
171,621 - 171,640 of 226,389 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#178920 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck on getting them to answer that one with any level of intelligence.
It's a lack of evidence that convinced me.

It lead me to lack of belief in gods or the supernatural.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178921 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I exposed you as a liar and you're pissed, I do understand. It's embarrassing to be caught lying. I really could give two shits whether you believe me or not, you're just not that important to me. Once again, "There are no Atheists in foxholes." Is a term invented by Theists to validate their delusions.
It must be a dreadful feeling to know that every time you open your mouth you are either lying or claiming something for which you have no verifiable evidence. Is every thing in your world mystical and magical?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178922 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think I had to treat you like a 5 years old, my mistake, so here it is in the easy to understand form. Do you believe the BORG as depicted in the star trek movie, the half man half machine, really exit?
Come on Doctor, you know that answer.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178923 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have NOT answered my question You resort to preaching and telling me I have a choice. I don't believe for a second that what you say is true. All I'm asking, and you seem to be having a terribly time answering, is since I totally reject Jesus and your God is going to send me to hell, now listen carefully.....DO YOU THINK I DESEVE TO BE TORTURED FOR ETERNITY? Yes or no!!!!
You get frustrated when you fail to control people. A personality trait that has followed you your whole life. Probably been a main factor in break ups in the past.

I know you have what is known as a “Drivers,” personality. Command & Control, never have a problem making a decision. Sort of a all business type and very little small talk.

The people you least gel with are the ones that are amiable. Friendly and talkative on a very personal level. These are the kind of people you wouldn’t want to be stuck in an elevator with. You are driven and goal oriented. Aggressive and charge ahead, often coming across as arrogant.

None of this is considered personality flaws. Including the trait of not having enough patients with people. My good Doctor, the reason I'm telling you this. You can’t control me. I’m a independent operator of my own mind and thoughts.[Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178924 Oct 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the problem with your "story":
Gravity is real.
Deities are not real.
Glad to help.
Thank you clarifying that up in your own mind. When I say your mind. I’m talking about the space between the back of your cranium and your eyes. And the very narrow short space between your ears. That’s your little world. And I would like to stress the word,“little.”

I fully understand God is not real in your “little” and I do mean “little” world. Now I understand you think your little world encompasses my world. Sorry to disappoint you but it doesn’t. I would further recommend you read a book. It’s called,“It’s a small world.”

[Tipping Hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178925 Oct 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Science is relentless at beating the religion out of smart people's minds.
And it does this with no violence at all, just plain old human curiosity and experimentation.
Religion has no hope in a world of super colliders and space travel. It should put its cr*p in a box and leave it be and apologise to the world for slowing it down.
Apollo 8, December 1968, Mission Overview

The overall objective of the mission was to demonstrate command and service module performance in a cislunar (between the Earth and Moon) and lunar-orbit environment, to evaluate crew performance in a lunar-orbit mission, to demonstrate communications and tracking at lunar distances, and to return high-resolution photography of proposed Apollo landing areas and other locations of scientific interest.

Bill Anders
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise, and for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.'"
Jim Lovell
"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
Frank Borman
"'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'
And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178926 Oct 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Yes, Atheism requires as much faith as religion. I would like to ask an Atheist a question.
What evidence did you found that made you become an Atheist? I'm just curious.
I was born atheist,,
in fact everyone was,,,until your religious folks force fed you Jebus
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178927 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Doctor, you know that answer.
No, I don't know the answer as I'm not capable of climbing inside your head. It was a simple enough question, I just don't understand your reluctance to answer.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178928 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apollo 8, December 1968, Mission Overview
The overall objective of the mission was to demonstrate command and service module performance in a cislunar (between the Earth and Moon) and lunar-orbit environment, to evaluate crew performance in a lunar-orbit mission, to demonstrate communications and tracking at lunar distances, and to return high-resolution photography of proposed Apollo landing areas and other locations of scientific interest.
Bill Anders
"We are now approaching lunar sunrise, and for all the people back on Earth, the crew of Apollo 8 has a message that we would like to send to you.
'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.'"
Jim Lovell
"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
Frank Borman
"'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'
And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas – and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."
if bible says theres a FIRMAMENT up in the sky it must be true!
and you wonder why we are laughing at you?LLLLL
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178929 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you clarifying that up in your own mind. When I say your mind. I’m talking about the space between the back of your cranium and your eyes. And the very narrow short space between your ears. That’s your little world. And I would like to stress the word,“little.”
I fully understand God is not real in your “little” and I do mean “little” world. Now I understand you think your little world encompasses my world. Sorry to disappoint you but it doesn’t. I would further recommend you read a book. It’s called,“It’s a small world.”
[Tipping Hat]
insulting others bc you cant prove god only proves your Evil nature,,and your tiny mind
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178930 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get frustrated when you fail to control people. A personality trait that has followed you your whole life. Probably been a main factor in break ups in the past.
I know you have what is known as a “Drivers,” personality. Command & Control, never have a problem making a decision. Sort of a all business type and very little small talk.
The people you least gel with are the ones that are amiable. Friendly and talkative on a very personal level. These are the kind of people you wouldn’t want to be stuck in an elevator with. You are driven and goal oriented. Aggressive and charge ahead, often coming across as arrogant.
None of this is considered personality flaws. Including the trait of not having enough patients with people. My good Doctor, the reason I'm telling you this. You can’t control me. I’m a independent operator of my own mind and thoughts.[Tipping Hat]
How you equate me attempting to control you and me asking you a very simple question is beyond me. I am in no way trying to control you, I'm simply looking for a honest answer to a very simple question. Perhaps there is a reason you are going out of your way to avoid answering, but i can't figure out why.

You may ask me anything you like and I'll have no problem giving you an answer. I certainly would never avoid answering and wouldn't think of attacking you personally simply because I asked. What is your problem? You either think I deserve to go to hell or not, it's not a trick question.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178931 Oct 1, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Tipping Hat]
In other words, I was right. Thanks.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178932 Oct 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't stop lying about god can you? What a mental illness...
Mental Illness is a medical phrase that you use rather loosely to describe one’s constitutional right to freedom. Using the phrase outside of it’s intended medical use is demeaning, degrading, and disrespectful to your fellow man.

I would like for those who think Atheism is a dignified and respectful position to consider should perhaps think otherwise. Mental Illness has touched untold millions of people throughout the world. It’s often used by you and others to show your insensitivity to humanity.

These callous insolence remarks gives us a clear picture of the kind of person you are. Uncaring, disrespectful, self-serving with no feelings for your fellow man. I think you are an excellent ambassador for Atheism. I have also noticed the repeated use by you while your fellow Atheist stand idly by.

But I thank you for showing the ugly side of Atheism. Without your contributions people wouldn’t have that opportunity to see it. We want Atheism to be fairly represented and you have done so and continue to do so.[Tipping Hat].
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178933 Oct 1, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
insulting others bc you cant prove god only proves your Evil nature,,and your tiny mind
I do try my best,[Tipping Hat and Smiling]

My pleasure.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178934 Oct 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, I was right. Thanks.
You know what you can get it as a ring tone for your cell too.

Chorus:
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.
There is just one moon,
And one golden sun.
And a smile means,
Friendship to every one.
Though the mountains divide,
And the oceans are wide,
Chorus:
It's a small, small world.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178935 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I was born atheist,,
in fact everyone was,,,until your religious folks force fed you Jebus
You were born a cross between a donkey and a horse.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178936 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
if bible says theres a FIRMAMENT up in the sky it must be true!
and you wonder why we are laughing at you?LLLLL
A fools laughter is his insoluble ignorance.

Eagle 12

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178937 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Little Red Bobbing Hood, it is called free will. Your sort seek firm management. You would prefer an overlord. We don't get you, just as you don't get us.
I wasn't speaking of individual choice or minor bits of evil.

I **was** speaking of Great Evil, like mass starvation due to crop failures, or mass death due to flooding, or mass destruction due to earthquakes or volcanoes or hurricanes.

That sort of thing.

Your post ignores these examples of Great Evil. Epicurus asked you a question.

You did not answer:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
~ Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178938 Oct 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My experience was very real, and I don't give a rats ass that you don't believe it. However, you posted a positive claim, an assertion, "There are NO Atheists in foxholes" and it came back and bit you in the ass because there is verifiable evidence that this statement is not true, so you lied Your embarrassed, I understand, but I hope you have learned your lesson never to post in ignorance. Do better!!!!
Liar!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178939 Oct 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Brilliant wasn't he?
I know some believe Epicurus' text is slightly paraphrased, but in 2300 years or so, no one has been able to refute it.
<quoted text>
Even if paraphrased? The essential message is the same, and very clear.

Widespread, large-scale evil as expressed by an indifferent universe, is proof the universe (or gods) do not give a crap about the fates of humans.

There is no way around that conundrum.

The godbots keep lying about "free will".

The apologists keep lying about "mystery of god"

Only the unbelievers recognize the truth: the universe (or gods) simply do not care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Emeem 1,100,514
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min SevenTee 305,457
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 39 min anonymous 27,088
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••