Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,577)

Showing posts 171,521 - 171,540 of217,769
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've lost your touch Bob, you s*ck at insults.
I'm not trying to insult.

I'm simply pointing out your faults.

I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are talking about these Black Holes I think it safe to say they are millions of light years away. Itís not like thereís one tucked away a few thousand miles away. In fact as I searched for the nearest black hole to the earth.
Itís only 1600 light years away. So my statement is true up to the nearest black hole which is 1600 light years away. Now thatís light traveling through the vacuum of space 186,282.4 miles per hour x 24 hours x 365 x 1600.
That is a ridiculously long way Doctor.
I find it ironic, that someone like you-- who denies science-- would then turn to science whenever it suits you.

Hypocrite, much?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Iím in the analytical mode.
Donít give up searching for that one deodorant that can overcome your narcissist stench. No itís not cool to stink of narcissism. And French kissing yourself in the mirror everyday is also not cool.
Yes we understand you love yourself and no one is as intelligent as you according to you. But we have a different view of you than you. We see you as a bit too much in love with yourself. Contrary to your belief, the sun is the center of our universe. Sorry to bust your bubble but itís not you.
Hate speech.

How Jesus of you: who would Jesus hate?

I bet **you** know, don't you?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Iím in the analytical mode.
Donít give up searching for that one deodorant that can overcome your narcissist stench. No itís not cool to stink of narcissism. And French kissing yourself in the mirror everyday is also not cool.
Yes we understand you love yourself and no one is as intelligent as you according to you. But we have a different view of you than you. We see you as a bit too much in love with yourself. Contrary to your belief, the sun is the center of our universe. Sorry to bust your bubble but itís not you.
You seem to get creepier by the moment.

What sort of individual has thoughts such as yours?

Tragic.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate speech.
How Jesus of you: who would Jesus hate?
I bet **you** know, don't you?
I find it fascinating how many of these "Christians" go to church every week with so much hate in their heart.

I don't think they even understand their own religion...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are talking about these Black Holes I think it safe to say they are millions of light years away. Itís not like thereís one tucked away a few thousand miles away. In fact as I searched for the nearest black hole to the earth.
Itís only 1600 light years away. So my statement is true up to the nearest black hole which is 1600 light years away. Now thatís light traveling through the vacuum of space 186,282.4 miles per hour x 24 hours x 365 x 1600.
That is a ridiculously long way Doctor.
"There's NO darkness that light CAN"T penetrate." Your statement is simply FALSE. There IS a darkness that light CAN"T penetrate, it's called....... A BLACK HOLE.

You don't even know how to argue your case. I never said light can't travel between black holes, the fact is, because of the extreme gravity nothing, including light, can escape a black hole. You error stands.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"There's NO darkness that light CAN"T penetrate." Your statement is simply FALSE. There IS a darkness that light CAN"T penetrate, it's called....... A BLACK HOLE.
You don't even know how to argue your case. I never said light can't travel between black holes, the fact is, because of the extreme gravity nothing, including light, can escape a black hole. You error stands.
Ok Doctor, even though thereís not a black hole anywhere around. The nearest is 1600 light years away. Iíll concede youíre correct [rolling eyes]. Now you can set back and light up a cigar and take in the moment.

I donít concede very easily. This is only one exception so savor the moment.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking about Kentucky? Lol..........
Yes, Kentucky the home of the Creation Museum. When given a free tour a noted biologists after seeing the displays of young children playing with velociraptors, commented, "The only thing missing here is the baba dab doooo" Only in the bible belt.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it ironic, that someone like you-- who denies science-- would then turn to science whenever it suits you.
Hypocrite, much?
Itís not working Bob, try harder. Like I said man you are losing your touch.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Kentucky the home of the Creation Museum. When given a free tour a noted biologists after seeing the displays of young children playing with velociraptors, commented, "The only thing missing here is the baba dab doooo" Only in the bible belt.
I'm from Kentucky, and I am disgusted that this was built in the state that I live.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Atheism requires as much faith as religion. I would like to ask an Atheist a question.

What evidence did you found that made you become an Atheist? I'm just curious.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Kentucky the home of the Creation Museum. When given a free tour a noted biologists after seeing the displays of young children playing with velociraptors, commented, "The only thing missing here is the baba dab doooo" Only in the bible belt.
When I first viewed the Grand Canyon in 1963 it left a incredible impression on me. I knew at an early age this canyon took millions of years to be created. The Bible by the way doesnít list the age of the Earth. I went back in 1996 with the family and it was just as beautiful.

It is the Atheist that try with little success to hold believers to this ridiculous 1960ís version of the Earths age (6000 years). We are no longer in the 1950ís and 60ís Doctor.

I believe in evolution on a microbiological level. Thereís no denying it. But the proof that man evolved is mostly imaginary science in my opinion. And I donít care what others think about my view.

Out of all the science disciplines. Evolution is the only one with an enforcement arm. If you donít accept it as fact even though it is taught as a theory you will fail your class. In many cases lose your job if you are working in a science related field.

You can disagree with any other science and be totally accepted. But if you question Evolution you are going to be introduced to the East German Police. Dragged out into the hall and beat nearly to death.

Well Evolutionist are going to have to beat my a** because I donít accept something by force nor by imaginary science. The Atheist have the audacity to point the finger at believers for believing by Faith.

When it comes down to it Atheist have more faith than believers. Because they take the word of some marijuana induced dope head that says man evolved. If you ever look past all the hype and look at real proof itís pretty damn scarce on man evolving.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from Kentucky, and I am disgusted that this was built in the state that I live.
Well you shouldnít be because it probably is bringing in revenue for the State and supplying jobs for some people.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
Yes, Atheism requires as much faith as religion. I would like to ask an Atheist a question.
Good luck on getting them to answer that one with any level of intelligence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Well you shouldn’t be because it probably is bringing in revenue for the State and supplying jobs for some people.
I'd prefer it be free and the education be correct.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There seems to be a high proportion of topix creation believers from Kentucky. I'm glad to hear everyone isn't a total biblebot from there. Because I did wonder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:

For me it started with my mom's death, that made me start questioning my faith (cliche I know). I was in the baptist denomination. I did some research on the similar stories about Jesus from different religions that are older than christianity that have almost the exact same stories and I decided then that I could not be a Christian because I would have to have faith that the story of Jesus is the correct one in order to follow the faith whole heartedly...as far as my belief in a god...I do not personally believe in a god, but if evidence for a creator were ever found I would not deny it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
For me it started with my mom's death, that made me start questioning my faith (cliche I know). I was in the baptist denomination. I did some research on the similar stories about Jesus from different religions that are older than christianity that have almost the exact same stories and I decided then that I could not be a Christian because I would have to have faith that the story of Jesus is the correct one in order to follow the faith whole heartedly...as far as my belief in a god...I do not personally believe in a god, but if evidence for a creator were ever found I would not deny it.
Okay, I just wanted to hear a story on why people become Atheists! Thanks for the story!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on getting them to answer that one with any level of intelligence.
Yeah I know but it's worth a try!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I just wanted to hear a story on why people become Atheists! Thanks for the story!
You're quite welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 171,521 - 171,540 of217,769
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TheIndependentMajority 1,036,132
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr BFL 26,121
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr elise in burque 303,324
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Apr 19 bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••