Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257153 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178731 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:31
Amplified Bible (AMP)
31 And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good (suitable, pleasant) and He approved it completely. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.
Genesis 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
On the seventh day God did the final touch up, the finishing stroke on his master piece. Then he stopped and rested.
When an artist rest Doctor from creating a master piece. He doesn’t go and lay down for a nap. He stops and takes it the astonishing moment of completion. This is what artist do, engineers, great designers, architects, and builders.
And the Bible does say God evaluated his creation.
How about when a distant runner rest? Does he go and take a nap? Or does he stop and catch his breath and take in his joyous grand achievement. Or when one walks a lengthy park trail and stops to sit on a park bench. Does the hiker lay down and go to sleep? Or do they enjoy the moment of being free.
How about when one climbs Mt. Everest? When the climber reaches the summit on top of the world. Do they not rest and take in the breath taking moment? Or do they say lets go now and climb the next mountain right now?
No Doctor they stop and rest while taking in the moment.
When a hiker reaches the edge of the Grand Canyon overlook. Do they rest and take in the magnificent beauty or do they pull up a cot and lay down and take a nap?
Your interpretation of rest is very narrow and that may fit you personally. But the word rest is much more than an old man snoring in a deep sleep. For those of us who are much more alive than a tired old man. Rest means a time to reflect and enjoy.
Genesis clearly states that "He RESTED from all of the WORK that he had done." If you care to reinterpret this as stepping back to admire his work, then go for it. All you are doing is assigning human qualities to your demon God. Admiration, anger, vengeful, capricious, vindictive.

This is pointless conversation any way, as there is no evidence that God created anything, and using Genesis as a source for anything is also pointless. The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are KNOWN to science. The earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles, insects and plants before any animal. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. You may continue to believe in your book of magic, I'll take good hard science every time.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#178732 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis clearly states that "He RESTED from all of the WORK that he had done." If you care to reinterpret this as stepping back to admire his work, then go for it. All you are doing is assigning human qualities to your demon God. Admiration, anger, vengeful, capricious, vindictive.
This is pointless conversation any way, as there is no evidence that God created anything, and using Genesis as a source for anything is also pointless. The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are KNOWN to science. The earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles, insects and plants before any animal. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. You may continue to believe in your book of magic, I'll take good hard science every time.
Miracles like a f***ag winning the Miss Universe fooling Donald Trump, is a work of God. there is God.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178733 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk as you believe there's a god. He can't be an ugly monster if he doesn't exist. After reading your text for the last two years I think in your sub conscious you believe there’s a God. And because you believe there’s a God you hate him and everything associated with him. Your sending out conflicting signals Bob.
How can you hate something that doesn’t exist in your mind? Yet you hate God and call him a monster.
You're not the first to try this childish ploy, nor will you be the last. I hate the IDEA of God and all that is associated with that IDEA. Just as most people would hate the IDEA that other races of people are somehow inferior. You have a God that you believe in accompanied by a holy book that is said to be his words. This book is loaded with immorality and gratuitous suffering, yet believers will call it "the good book" there is very little good about it. The IDEA of God is what I hate along with all the poison it brings. It turns well meaning people into illogical, irrational, willfully ignorant, and generally mean spirited people. The belief in God is divisive and cultish, and does i fact poise everything. So ode again, there is insufficient evidence to show Gods exist, so I don't believe in Gods, but loath the IDEA associated with that IDEA.

So please keep the juvenile attempt to sway non-bleivers into your camp for someone else.We Atheists are much smarter than to fall for such childishness.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178734 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracles like a f***ag winning the Miss Universe fooling Donald Trump, is a work of God. there is God.
Go find a dry spot on the sidewalk. Then kneel down proclaim it a miracle from your non-existent God. You are totally insane, you know that right?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#178735 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Go find a dry spot on the sidewalk. Then kneel down proclaim it a miracle from your non-existent God. You are totally insane, you know that right?
yes, that's is what I did. when I pass by in that spot, raining, I always stare at those particular spots if there are 2 perfect semi circles again. no. no more. it only happened on June 30, 2011 when Jeff was handing out religious booklets to passersby. only me and Jeff saw it. he was the one who told me, "look, it's a miracle". and I saw it. 2 perfect dry semi circles. one was where he was standing, the other one was where he placed his religious booklets. it was a miracle indeed. God kept Jeff and his materials from becoming wet. if Jeff did not tell me about it when I passed by, I would not have noticed it. I am so lucky and so proud that God showed it to me and letting me know that he is somewhere around, that he exists.

it is your right to not believe in miracles. who cares if you believe or not. me delusional ? no way Jose !!

this only happened to me one time, and after that, NO MORE. a delusional person keeps experiencing delusions. not me.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#178737 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>.... You are totally insane, you know that right?
Lol!
Yes, the religious loonies are out in force these days. Reality must be getting through at last :-)

Religion = superstition
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#178738 Sep 29, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Lol!
Yes, the religious loonies are out in force these days. Reality must be getting through at last :-)
Religion = superstition
no, you are the loony for not being able to explain all the miracles. your explanations are stupid, retarded, trying hard to sound scientific when in fact, you are just a simpleton who can not explain the ways of God. just STFU if you have no brains enough to compete God's power. ok ?
LCNLin

United States

#178739 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Now what the lame creationists insluts fly in once again as these charlatans try to cover up for their hateful cult of ignorants.
Delusional "moderator" of all the atheism threads.
No one else seems to want the job,:-)
From time to time people disagree with HIS opinions
and of course, those people are always wrong in HIS eyes.
Peace to all who value freedom on opinion
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178740 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote
"There’s joy, peace and happiness in the heats of the free. Freedom from the darkness that overcomes your being. Turn away from the darkness my dear friend and let the light shine upon you."

Congratulations you have just encapsulated what it feels like to be an Atheist. It's almost as though you were actually one.

Here is what we are free from:

1.) A celestial dictator who can peer into your most private thought s and convict you of thought crimes. The very essence of Totalitarianism.

2.) The mindset that we are miserable sinners and must spend the rest of our lives repenting for the wrong doings of a mythical female.

3.) The unbelievable trait of superiority, were only your God is the right one and all others are wrong.

4.) The arrogance that even though everything in the known cosmos will eventually die, you and you alone get to live forever.

5.) The cult mentality that is responsible for the divisiveness of our species throughout history

6.) The reject of scientific facts because they conflict with your belief.

These are all of the things that keep US out in the bright lights of reality, and keep us from the dark dungeons of restrictive religious thoughts.

You should take your own advice and step out into the light of skepticism and critical thinking. It's really quite wonderful out here.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178741 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
There's no darkness that light can't penetrate.
Cosmologists would disagree with you, specially when talking about black holes.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#178742 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and go find a hard c***ck and kneel down, you c***ck worshipper !!!
why are christians so interested in genitals ?
LCNLin

United States

#178743 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote
"There’s joy, peace and happiness in the heats of the free. Freedom from the darkness that overcomes your being. Turn away from the darkness my dear friend and let the light shine upon you."
Congratulations you have just encapsulated what it feels like to be an Atheist. It's almost as though you were actually one.
1.) A celestial dictator who can peer into your most private thought s and convict you of thought crimes. The very essence of Totalitarianism.
2.) The mindset that we are miserable sinners and must spend the rest of our lives repenting for the wrong doings of a mythical female.
3.) The unbelievable trait of superiority, were only your God is the right one and all others are wrong.
4.) The arrogance that even though everything in the known cosmos will eventually die, you and you alone get to live forever.
5.) The cult mentality that is responsible for the divisiveness of our species throughout history
These are all of the things that keep US out in the bright lights of reality, and keep us from the dark dungeons of restrictive religious thoughts.
You should take your own advice and step out into the light of skepticism and critical thinking. It's really quite wonderful out here.
an amusing daisy chain of opinions :-)
peace
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178744 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and go find a hard c***ck and kneel down, you c***ck worshipper !!!
I've often wondered why you religious people KNEEL down to pray to Jesus I think you've hit upon the reason, thanks for sharing!!!! I'm sure it make Jesus very happy!!! LOL
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#178745 Sep 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
an amusing daisy chain of opinions :-)
peace
I'm afraid these are all FACTS, but what would you know about FACTS. I'm sorry you're embarrassed that you have these beliefs, I would be to. If you like I'll go through each one separately and we can examine them. Let me know!!!
LCNLin

United States

#178746 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote
You should take your own advice and step out into the

light of skepticism

and critical thinking. It's really quite wonderful out here.
We are skeptical of your OPINIONS
LOL
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178747 Sep 29, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, that's is what I did. when I pass by in that spot, raining, I always stare at those particular spots if there are 2 perfect semi circles again. no. no more. it only happened on June 30, 2011 when Jeff was handing out religious booklets to passersby. only me and Jeff saw it. he was the one who told me, "look, it's a miracle". and I saw it. 2 perfect dry semi circles. one was where he was standing, the other one was where he placed his religious booklets. it was a miracle indeed. God kept Jeff and his materials from becoming wet. if Jeff did not tell me about it when I passed by, I would not have noticed it. I am so lucky and so proud that God showed it to me and letting me know that he is somewhere around, that he exists.
it is your right to not believe in miracles. who cares if you believe or not. me delusional ? no way Jose !!
this only happened to me one time, and after that, NO MORE. a delusional person keeps experiencing delusions. not me.
LLL
only science can make miracles

http://youtu.be/5O-bzoYn7Ts

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178748 Sep 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you claim reincarnation as truth, or just your belief?
Both. Are we now going to go off topic. If so, I think you should stick up for me if someone does post I am going off topic. If you read my exchanges here, atheist ask me questions like this than when I answer another atheist points out I am off topic. I would appreciate if the person whom asked me a question causing this effect would step in and say. He was answering my off topic question.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178749 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t deny the “Trail of Tears.” Nor do I deny that many died along the way.
I wasn’t around when that happened. But I would love to see your historical reference besides chapter six in the imagination of your mind. Especially part about the Bible.
And please no more chapter six references from your hind endus.
They used the part of Genesis where your ugly bible tells people they have "dominion" over the earth. And they claimed these natives were "no better than animals". Your Genuine Christian™ "holy" men would preach this very message from their bully pulpits.

They used the examples of the OT where the Hebrew people massacred any and all people already living in land they wanted for themselves. Your Genuine Christian™ leadership followed that biblical example.

They said it was "god's will". They said they had a "divine manifest". Again, using your bible.

It's sad, that I, an atheist, must tutor you in your own book.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178750 Sep 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The Creator of the universe: Since we have no information about what existed before the universe, there can be no information about how it came to be. Therefore to say in was *created* is a pointless position.
Lets examine the "facts" associated with the creator of the universe.
1.) No one has ever been able to define the physical properties of this creator...FACT
2.) Science has never been able to examine this creator It has never been weighed, measured, or tested.........FACT
3.) No one in recorded history has ever been able to discover exactly were this creator can be found........FACT
4.) In order for this creator to create the universe, something must be known about the process he used. To date neither science or any other person has been able to even begin to explain this procedure......FACT
5.) This creator is said to exist beyond time and space, to be "outside" of our universe, and to be beyond our knowledge. Science has never been able to discover whether there is actually anything beyond our universe, this is a ridiculous and empty claim........FACT
6.) if this creator is infect "outside" of our universe, then it is toady IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW ANYTHING about this creator.....FACT
"No creator of humanity."
1.) Since all of the above also apply to this claim, then the only thing we can add is that science has been able to create the building blocks of life (amino acids) from what may well have been early Earth conditions. Here, unlike the universe, we have verifiable information as to how life may well have come to be.....FACT
So you see there are all kinds of FACTS that prove your creator to be non-existent, except within your mind.
Give it up you can't prove those two points. It is a waste of your time.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178751 Sep 29, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical Theologians agree that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.
Nope. Not a one-- who is actually...**educate** makes that claim.

Only ignorant doofuses with "degrees" from Genuine Christian™ "colleges", none of which are accredited by anyone.

The rest of the world? Has the actual facts that show otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Henry 1,433,955
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr zef 311,926
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Bruin For Life 32,407
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr donaldtrump 10,135
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web