Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244825 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178663 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
How about a scripture for all my Dear Atheist friends?
“Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.”
—Psalm 119:133 (KJV)
Goodnight everyone!
Creationists are mentally ill, it's a fact.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#178665 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
It's true.
I don't give a rat's fart in a septic tank **what** you choose to believe in.
So long as you keep it to yourself.
But this **is** an **atheist** forum-- and here you are, a GODBOT, butting your unwanted opinion into things.
So yeah.
We atheists **will** tell you to go f--- yourself.
Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.

Atheism in the disease called denial. Atheism is like alcoholism. As long as the alcoholic continues to deny their alcoholism they can continue to drink in excess. As long as the atheist is in denial about God they can continues to behave in ways which are reprehensible and hypocritical expecting moral behavior from others and exempting themselves. How big does one have to be to be fixated on the sins of others and at the same time blind to their own?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178666 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
Atheism in the disease called denial. Atheism is like alcoholism. As long as the alcoholic continues to deny their alcoholism they can continue to drink in excess. As long as the atheist is in denial about God they can continues to behave in ways which are reprehensible and hypocritical expecting moral behavior from others and exempting themselves. How big does one have to be to be fixated on the sins of others and at the same time blind to their own?
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any of the gods ever worshipped actually existed.

If you or anyone could provide such proof, that would be great.

Location hidden

#178667 Sep 28, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[hands over ears] La la la la la la la la laaaaaaaa.
A day in the life of a topix creationist troll

Location hidden

#178668 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Lets take your last statement first. This demonstrates you are a moral weakling. Non believers are in denial regarding their responsibility to their fellow human beings and their responsibility to God.
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.

Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.

Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.

So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.

This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.

WHy do you cowardly liars do this?

Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?

Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.

You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178669 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
I see you're back to being stupid again. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in denial over that which does not exist. The best you can do here is say someone is in denial over a belief. The same way someone is in denial about werewolves.

You pose a stupid analogy, alcoholism is part of reality, God is NOT part of reality.

No one has a responsibility to a fictitious being, don't be absurd.

A better analogy would be comparing those who believe in things without evidence to a serious mental disorder called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. This is a condition were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined. Those poor people in mental institutions who claim demons follow them a round and speak to them, are not different from those who believe an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what they should or shouldn't do.

"When ONE person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity, when MANY people suffer from a delusion it is called RELIGION." Like that!!!!

Location hidden

#178670 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're back to being stupid again.
Yeah anyone is stupid who is not an atheist according to the some of the more militant and fundie atheists.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to be in denial over that which does not exist.
Atheist assumption does not equal fact.
The best you can do here is say someone is in denial over a belief. The same way someone is in denial about werewolves.
We are not talking about werewolves. One does not have to believe in werewolves in order to believe in God.
You pose a stupid analogy,
There is that word stupid again. How hard is it for an atheist to be cruel? It would seem cruelty comes natural.
alcoholism is part of reality,
Atheism is not?
God is NOT part of reality.
Atheist fixed assumption which allows atheists to be moral weaklings.
A better analogy would be comparing those who believe in things without evidence to a serious mental disorder called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. This is a condition were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined.
So not only are Theists stupid they are delusional. Sounds like Stalinist tactics.
Those poor people in mental institutions who claim demons follow them a round and speak to them, are not different from those who believe an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what they should or shouldn't do.
"When ONE person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity, when MANY people suffer from a delusion it is called RELIGION." Like that!!!!
Sounds like you have blown up. Relax.

Location hidden

#178671 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When you finally have proof of god, your ignorant creationist mental illness will matter more.
Atheism is not a religion, it is not a disease. It is the conclusion after mentally ill people have failed for centuries to prove the gods they have claimed are real.
Creationist trolls like lightbeamrider are cursed because they lack the mental ability to understand or accept a world without their imaginary friend.
So they bully and abuse atheists in the atheist forum every day and try to disrupt their conversations.
This is how bitter the creationist cult losers are. They can't keep their cult to themselves, and actively come in here and stir sh*t up.
WHy do you cowardly liars do this?
Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?
Science has proven your cult and your gods are nonsense, yet you persist with lies upon lies.
You are the reason nobody believes in your cults anymore - you are animals, who have decided to be dishonest and "sinful" according to your fantasies.
''Are you that afraid of science and education? Are you that petty?'' Interesting. to reject your atheism is the equivalent of rejecting science and education.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#178672 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...We are not talking about werewolves. One does not have to believe in werewolves in order to believe in God..
Werewolves, pixies, gods - whatever. The difference is that the former superstitions are largely discredited. The latter is gradually being undermined by education and science and is increasingly being seen for what it is.

Religion = superstition
Get over it

Location hidden

#178673 Sep 28, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Werewolves, pixies, gods - whatever. The difference is that the former superstitions are largely discredited. The latter is gradually being undermined by education and science and is increasingly being seen for what it is.
Religion = superstition
Get over it
Drive by response.
Rush Limbaugh's term for the sensational, scandal-seeking, and agenda-driven coverage that is typical of the national press corps in America. Limbaugh draws an analogy between the media who cover a story with a barrage of unfair cheap shots before moving on to the next flavor of the month and an inner city gang that drives by and sprays a target with gunfire and then moves on to their next target.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178674 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah anyone is stupid who is not an atheist according to the some of the more militant and fundie atheists. <quoted text> Atheist assumption does not equal fact. <quoted text> We are not talking about werewolves. One does not have to believe in werewolves in order to believe in God.
<quoted text> There is that word stupid again. How hard is it for an atheist to be cruel? It would seem cruelty comes natural. <quoted text> Atheism is not? <quoted text> Atheist fixed assumption which allows atheists to be moral weaklings.
<quoted text> So not only are Theists stupid they are delusional. Sounds like Stalinist tactics. <quoted text> Sounds like you have blown up. Relax.
If you think about it for a bit, isn't it kind of.........ok not very smart to chastise people because they don't believe as you? And PLEASE, a lack of belief because of insufficient evidence is NOT a belief. One is a POSITIVE CLAIM the other is a NEGATIVE CLAIM. ONLY a positive claim shoulders the burden of proof.

And a belief does NOt equal fact.

The correlation between a belief in werewolves and God are exactly the same, the evidence for both is exactly the same.

Exactly how does a disbelief equate to morally weak?

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who believes in something without sufficient evidence is categorized as delusional. What exactly is your definition of delusional?

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178675 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
For one thing?
Eve was a clone of Adam, right? A rib-"woman"?
That would mean ... Eve was really.... Steve... a man.
(St)Eve would have had XY chromosomes, identical to Adam's.
Since that is patently impossible?
The entire edifice falls apart at the seams.
The major problem; these people do not think for themselves. They are sheep and "follow the leader", though the leader is insane.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178676 Sep 28, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>For anyone who has been wondering just where he has been ... he is leaving clues everywhere.
They always do, don't they?
I vote atheist every day of my little short life.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#178677 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Drive by response.
<quoted text>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
I am just perusing the christian evangelicals here. I do not know if you are even religious. But, I have a question, if you are religious in any stretch of your imagination.

When "your god" created the universe 6,000 years ago, he (your god) was so tired out (poor fella), he had to rest on the seventh day. It really sounds like "your god" is a weakling. Comment?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178678 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you think about it for a bit, isn't it kind of.........ok not very smart to chastise people because they don't believe as you? And PLEASE, a lack of belief because of insufficient evidence is NOT a belief. One is a POSITIVE CLAIM the other is a NEGATIVE CLAIM. ONLY a positive claim shoulders the burden of proof.
And a belief does NOt equal fact.
The correlation between a belief in werewolves and God are exactly the same, the evidence for both is exactly the same.
Anyone, and I mean anyone, who believes in something without sufficient evidence is categorized as delusional. What exactly is your definition of delusional?
You are claiming fact, therefore you owe the proof. We have no problem admitting we have faith in our beliefs, and every time you bring up us proving our "confessed faith" you are going off topic. Some thing YOU YOURSELF brought up not long ago. The real problem is you have a comprehension problem. There is no way you could read a book about thought, such as The Power of Now and write a good essay about it. It is why you have a lot of nerve asking for proof. Maybe the day will come that you could catch one of us on a tread that your request is not OFF TOPIC.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178679 Sep 28, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just perusing the christian evangelicals here. I do not know if you are even religious. But, I have a question, if you are religious in any stretch of your imagination.
When "your god" created the universe 6,000 years ago, he (your god) was so tired out (poor fella), he had to rest on the seventh day. It really sounds like "your god" is a weakling. Comment?
A lot of assuming and completely off topic.

Location hidden

#178680 Sep 28, 2013
Redoran wrote:
The 6,000 year figure is incorrect and assumes time as linear. Nobody knows the pre fall conditions as it relates to time. I would not assume linear. I think you are also assume God is tired but God depicted is omnipotent and does not get tired so God took a rest for different reasons. Think it had something to do with the Sabbath.
The major problem; these people do not think for themselves. They are sheep and "follow the leader", though the leader is insane.
Since, according to you, i am a sheep who follows an insane leader, why do you ask me anything? Why do you bash a God you do not believe exists? You assume weak God? It seems you cannot even get the rudiments correct. If you cannot keep up with the footmen, how can you compete with the horses?

Location hidden

#178681 Sep 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you think about it for a bit, isn't it kind of.........ok not very smart to chastise people because they don't believe as you?
Hey you are the one who wrote this,
I see you're back to being stupid again.
and this,
A better analogy would be comparing those who believe in things without evidence to a serious mental disorder called DELUSIONAL DISORDER.
Based on that are you calling yourself dumb? According to you anyone who is not an atheist is either dumb or delusional. That is reflective of what a lot of atheists think. I am just highlighting it to demonstrate to others exactly where atheists are coming from.
You assume both are false and i do not.
Theism has certain requirements attached. Your specific moral weakness has to do with hostility directed at those who are Theists as depicted above. They are stupid and delusional. This is elitist and Stalinist. There is regulation as far as sexual behavior. Treatment of others. Responsibility to others. I would say if one takes Catholicism seriously then they would attend church, go to confession. That is what the church teaches. It teaches church attendance as mandatory and not attending is sin. You,as an atheist do not have an objective responsibility to any of that. You do not have to raise your children in the knowledge of God. You can but it is optional and not required. These are examples of some basic Christian duties to God and others who are in His image.

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178682 Sep 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey you are the one who wrote this, <quoted text> and this, <quoted text> Based on that are you calling yourself dumb? According to you anyone who is not an atheist is either dumb or delusional. That is reflective of what a lot of atheists think. I am just highlighting it to demonstrate to others exactly where atheists are coming from.
<quoted text> You assume both are false and i do not.
<quoted text>
Yes, I assume anything that is not supported with evidence to be false. You do not, so were exactly do you draw the line? Do you think that anything that can be imagined exists? Do you actually live in a world were there is NO difference between real and unreal? I only used werewolves as an example, but I could have used just about anything that could be conjured up by the mind, and you would still say you wouldn't assume it to be false. Do you believe that it is possible for "pixie dust" to exist? That you could sprinkle some of it on you and you could defy gravity and fly? Not only fly but leave the confines of Earth and soar into outer space totally unprotected? Do you not assume such a substance exists? Just trying to find a point were you draw the line between things that are totally possible and those that are not possible, at least at this moment in time.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178683 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And how do the thousands of dead Native Americans feel about that?
They were here long before the Anglo’s.

But when studying American History you will notice that there were many tribes and sects of Indians. And they didn’t always get along. Some hated each other and they were often at war.

It’s sad how the Indians were treated by the Anglo's but that was long before you and I were born. I know you have a Indian heritage. I have some in my linage but probably not as much as you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,263,205
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min Brian_G 310,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr The Fact Is 6,467
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,850
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web