Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254895 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178615 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Why respond to me at all then. I do believe you are all you claim to be. Why lie about being a subhuman without a soul.
You're in the atheist forum and you're trying to push your creationist cult here.

You need to either:

a) f*ck off
b) prove the god you're lying to us about

Location hidden

#178616 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am in a cult, I am the leader, because I do worship myself.
Yes, you are mentally ill.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178617 Sep 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I . so what ?
I don't believe you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178618 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the atheist forum and you're trying to push your creationist cult here.
You need to either:
a) f*ck off
Ye of little reading comprehension, look at the message tread. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" the answer is with out doubt. Yes! You and the other Atheist are the cause of my religious BELIEFS coming up. From the start I have admitted it is OFF TOPIC. My BELIEFS, only come up because people like yourself are DEFLECTING.

This tread really should have no more than 100 post. The Atheist here that dispute this are just being hard headed. You're turning yourselves into points of satire.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178619 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't address a single one of my points you snivelling little creationist coward.
All ad homenem and no answers to give for your disgusting mental illness.
Go bark under the bed.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178620 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to either:
a) f*ck off
I missed that sign that said, "Atheist Only."

Nope, I looked again and it's not there. You must be seeing things.

How about I leave you a scripture to cheer you up?

"The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness."

—Proverbs 10:32

Amplified Bible (AMP)

32 The lips of the [uncompromisingly] righteous know [and therefore utter] what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked knows [and therefore speaks only] what is obstinately willful and contrary.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178621 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye of little reading comprehension, look at the message tread. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" the answer is with out doubt. Yes! You and the other Atheist are the cause of my religious BELIEFS coming up. From the start I have admitted it is OFF TOPIC. My BELIEFS, only come up because people like yourself are DEFLECTING.
This tread really should have no more than 100 post. The Atheist here that dispute this are just being hard headed. You're turning yourselves into points of satire.
lol, he has the mind of a goat and the personality of one too.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178622 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making that up. There will be fate. You could avoid conclusion, but it will come. I guess that's why atheist reject their souls. In the end their will be an end, therefore fate will come.
atheists DOnt reject souls,
theres nothing to reject,,

I used to think souls existed at one time,but then I grew up,,
if souls existed we should be able to comunicate w the dead,,,can you?

those who claim they can are only PRETENDING to do so,,its called "cold guessing,"
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178623 Sep 27, 2013
talking to the dead
http://youtu.be/b8uTSStgX0Q

Location hidden

#178624 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove your god, I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. You are, after all, mentally ill and cannot prove anything you say.

Location hidden

#178625 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that sign that said, "Atheist Only."
Nope, I looked again and it's not there. You must be seeing things.
How about I leave you a scripture to cheer you up?
"The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness."
—Proverbs 10:32
Amplified Bible (AMP)
32 The lips of the [uncompromisingly] righteous know [and therefore utter] what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked knows [and therefore speaks only] what is obstinately willful and contrary.
Creationist liars need to know when to f*ck off back to their cults.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178626 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, he has the mind of a goat and the personality of one too.
You insulted goats. It is possible goats have souls.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178627 Sep 27, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists DOnt reject souls,
theres nothing to reject,,
I used to think souls existed at one time,but then I grew up,,
if souls existed we should be able to comunicate w the dead,,,can you?
those who claim they can are only PRETENDING to do so,,its called "cold guessing,"
Everything is case by case. The atheist bloggers here should read Buddhist material. I really do think it is what is best for them. The hobby of coming online asking questions, then calling them a liar when they respond to your question with an answer you don't agree with is just stupid.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178628 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove your god, I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. You are, after all, mentally ill and cannot prove anything you say.
I never have claimed to be able to prove beliefs that I have faith in. You are going off top "Atheist requires as much faith as religion?" YOU! accused me of going off topic, and to answer the statement you just made would be,... wait for it..... OFF TOPIC!!!Now I am a troll, because I point out YOUR comprehension skills are very bad. You really should work on that instead of posting what you do here. YOUR comprehension is so bad, you have no clue it is beyond lacking.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#178629 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>

Does having a soul make them more or less tasty?
I need to know for the recipe.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#178630 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
Your beliefs have nothing to do with reality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#178631 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible they do.

The word that your Bible translates as "soul" is the Hebrew word "nephesh" and simply means "living thing". Both humans and animals are referred to as "nephesh" in Genesis.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#178632 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have claimed to be able to prove beliefs ...
Then STFU !

All you do is babble about your delusions.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178633 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Super rich? Like the Wall street fat cats that got bonuses under the Obama Administration for driving their companies into the ground. Then getting borrowed money from the US to pay their bonuses?
Just the facts, Jack.

Do you have ... any?

No?

Interesting.

But yes: even your Jesus would not have been a republican:

Jesus is reported to have said to **feed** the poor-- to give them a **helping** hand.

But.

The republicans? Vote to **eliminate** that helping hand (food stamps), while keeping in place the tax cuts for the super rich.

How "jesus" of them: if Jesus had advocating the robbing of the poor to give to the rich, that is...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178634 Sep 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a laugh Bob. You are grinding an axe because you have one to grind. Even after all these years. Was probation that bad for you?
It's true.

I don't give a rat's fart in a septic tank **what** you choose to believe in.

So long as you keep it to yourself.

But this **is** an **atheist** forum-- and here you are, a GODBOT, butting your unwanted opinion into things.

So yeah.

We atheists **will** tell you to go f--- yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Three Days 310,968
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,544
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web