Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256562 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#178603 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making that up. There will be fate. You could avoid conclusion, but it will come. I guess that's why atheist reject their souls. In the end their will be an end, therefore fate will come.
All you need to do is prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
LCNLin

United States

#178604 Sep 27, 2013
In the News --

A Kansas school board voted unanimously to allow student-led prayer at all activities, and even offered schools' public address systems for prayer.

School prayer was not on the agenda for Monday's meeting in Liberal, but board member Nick Hatcher brought it up at the last minute, saying he really missed prayer at football games.

Liberal High School banned prayer before football games several years ago over concerns that the prayers would be considered as the school sponsoring a religion.

In fact, in its 2000 Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe decision, the Supreme Court ruled that allowing students to use the public address system for prayer at football games violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

But after the board's vote, students will again be allowed to initiate prayers over the intercom prior to games.

Superintendent of Schools Paul Larkin warned board members before the vote that they hadn’t considered possible problems.

"We can have student-led prayer, but if we turn away certain groups -- if you have someone who wants to serve up a prayer or a thought that isn’t the mainstream thinking -- you’re going to have a problem,” Larkin said. He suggested they get advice from the school board attorney.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/09/26/Kansas-sch...

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178605 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=7L7VTdzuY7YXX
I would but the link did not take. My guess it is because you are not logged onto topix. It makes sense to me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#178606 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ask one of the smartest men on the planet tom prove it to you.
I did.

Stephen Hawking knows nothing of God, he is a theoretical physicist.

I suppose he performs brain surgery as well.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178607 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Hawking There is no God. There is no Fate.- YouTube
&#9658; 1:33&#9658; 1:33
www.youtube.com/watch... ;
Aug 15, 2011 - Uploaded by stepore
From Discovery Channel Curiosity S01E01. Stephen Hawking There is no God. There is no Fate.
You hi the nail on the head by posting the date 3 years after quoted saying Time first, he says Universe starts than time.

January 15th 2012

I think he had it right 2008, and so do others. It took energy to cause a big bang. Mr Hawkins is a marketing genius. He sits on the wall and sells books to both sides.

The detail of fate. Mr Hawkins says "God does not make your fate, or your fate is not decided by God." Depending on which day you catch him. I agree. You make your own fate. As I said, to say there is no fate is saying there is no conclusion. No ending.

It is rough talking to this crowd because they can not separate theism from religion. They feel to jaded to even have comprehension skills. There is Hawkins the person, and it is fair to say he has been jaded.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178608 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is SO much wrong with this video I don't know were to begin. First, the video does NOT state a source. When presenting the work or words of another human being a source MUST be present or it is consider plagiarism. Most likely this video is illegal.
Second, there is only on quote attributed to Hawking, most likely a misquote or a purposeful lie. Right next to your bogus video is one of Hawking himself claiming there can be no God. His quote, "Time didn't exist before the big band, there is no time for God to create a universe in."
Bogus claims from this equally bogus video:
1.) "Nothing can only create nothing."......A positive claim with absolutely no support. Since we have no idea what *nothing* is, we have no examples of *nothing* then it is impossible to claim that something cannot come from nothing. FAIL
2.) "Energy is eternal".......Another positive claim without support. Einstein's special theory of relativity published in 1905 shows that matter can be created of out of energy and can disappear into energy. So where does the energy come from? According to Hawking and other cosmologists, in a closed system energy can be converted from one type to another. Hawking...."In the case of a universe that is approximately uniform in space, one can show that the negative gravitational energy exactly cancels the positive energy present in the universe , so the total energy of the universe is ZERO!!! Additionally, you nor the video offer any proof that energy is enteral or that if so, it was created, or if so, that God was responsible. BIG FAIL
3.) "Science has proven that the universe has always existed."..........This is a completely false statement. Present the scientific peer review article or documentation that supports this claim. FAIL
4.) "The energy source that was PRESENT BEFORE the universe BEGAN.".....WOW, three positive claims and none with any kind of support. No one knows what was before the universe, we can't even know if there was a before, or that the universe actually BEGAN. FAIL
5.) "A separate eternal energy source that existed OUTSIDE of the universe."....Holy shit, are you friking serious? Her you and the video have not even come close to confirming that the universe had a beginning yet you claim there is an energy source OUTSIDE of the universe. If so, neither you nor anyone can know anything about something OUTSIDE of the universe. FAIL FAIL FAIL
This video fails on so many levels its ridiculous. Obviously put together by some organization or an individual with a deep religious bias, as evidenced by no sources.
It simply comes down to this video making numerous claims that can't even begin to be proven. I strongly suggest you devote some time to some real science and stop watching creationists videos.
There are many great scientist that have a multi universe theory. Maybe I missed it but Hawkins never touched on these theories. I could debate on IF he really is THEEE smartest man in the world now, but I do respect the chair, although I think Cambridge's own political bias now pollutes it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178609 Sep 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove Stephen Hawking is right.
The man does have a 160+ IQ. Cambridge does sponsor all his research request. He receives any update he finds worthy of his time. Your statement is disrespectful and silly.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178610 Sep 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You posted a bogus video, I pointed out ALL of the flaws in it. I explained how it fails on so many levels. And your response is not to point out were I was in error in my conclusions but to try desperately to divert the conversation by ridiculing Atheists in general. It's an obvious diverting tactic and extremely dishonest of you.
You posted a video most likely created by a creationist organization. It makes claims that are impossible to support. It uses Stephen Hawking as a centerpiece for the video making it seem as thought Mr. Hawking fully supports the bogus claim made here when IN FACT Stephen Hawking has posted a video were he claims NOT to believe in God. You claim I'm making that up, so search for yourself and you'll see that I am correct.
It's quite evident that you have no argument to put forth on this dishonest video, I presume you can see where the video is in error since you make NO rebuttal to my arguments on each of the subjects I posted.
Stop embarrassing yourself by posting creationists video's there is NO science involved in creationism.
There was one flaw with the video, and you missed it, I will address it if it comes up. What you posted was your version of The Universe, I apologized in advance for the fact I would take Hawkins word of this over yours.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178611 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist scum like you love to take up space in he atheist forum.
How else will you get over your doubt?
Don't bother telling me you are pagan - you're full of sh*t and admitted to being creationist earlier.
Liars the lot of you...
Why respond to me at all then. I do believe you are all you claim to be. Why lie about being a subhuman without a soul.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178612 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
If I am in a cult, I am the leader, because I do worship myself.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178613 Sep 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
In the News --
A Kansas school board voted unanimously to allow student-led prayer at all activities, and even offered schools' public address systems for prayer.
School prayer was not on the agenda for Monday's meeting in Liberal, but board member Nick Hatcher brought it up at the last minute, saying he really missed prayer at football games.
Liberal High School banned prayer before football games several years ago over concerns that the prayers would be considered as the school sponsoring a religion.
In fact, in its 2000 Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe decision, the Supreme Court ruled that allowing students to use the public address system for prayer at football games violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
But after the board's vote, students will again be allowed to initiate prayers over the intercom prior to games.
Superintendent of Schools Paul Larkin warned board members before the vote that they hadn’t considered possible problems.
"We can have student-led prayer, but if we turn away certain groups -- if you have someone who wants to serve up a prayer or a thought that isn’t the mainstream thinking -- you’re going to have a problem,” Larkin said. He suggested they get advice from the school board attorney.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/09/26/Kansas-sch...
Please stop confusing Atheist with liberals, it is too dishonest. If they are Liberals at a moment, it is just to get what they desire, in the end they will very hard right. So hard, there will be no Liberals. Look at the Liberal stepping stone. He never learns all he helps hates him in the end. You do know the revolutionaries were liberals and conservatives were loyalist. Now listen to them.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#178614 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The man does have a 160+ IQ.....
So do I . so what ?

Location hidden

#178615 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Why respond to me at all then. I do believe you are all you claim to be. Why lie about being a subhuman without a soul.
You're in the atheist forum and you're trying to push your creationist cult here.

You need to either:

a) f*ck off
b) prove the god you're lying to us about

Location hidden

#178616 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am in a cult, I am the leader, because I do worship myself.
Yes, you are mentally ill.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178617 Sep 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I . so what ?
I don't believe you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178618 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the atheist forum and you're trying to push your creationist cult here.
You need to either:
a) f*ck off
Ye of little reading comprehension, look at the message tread. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" the answer is with out doubt. Yes! You and the other Atheist are the cause of my religious BELIEFS coming up. From the start I have admitted it is OFF TOPIC. My BELIEFS, only come up because people like yourself are DEFLECTING.

This tread really should have no more than 100 post. The Atheist here that dispute this are just being hard headed. You're turning yourselves into points of satire.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178619 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't address a single one of my points you snivelling little creationist coward.
All ad homenem and no answers to give for your disgusting mental illness.
Go bark under the bed.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178620 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to either:
a) f*ck off
I missed that sign that said, "Atheist Only."

Nope, I looked again and it's not there. You must be seeing things.

How about I leave you a scripture to cheer you up?

"The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness."

—Proverbs 10:32

Amplified Bible (AMP)

32 The lips of the [uncompromisingly] righteous know [and therefore utter] what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked knows [and therefore speaks only] what is obstinately willful and contrary.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#178621 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye of little reading comprehension, look at the message tread. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" the answer is with out doubt. Yes! You and the other Atheist are the cause of my religious BELIEFS coming up. From the start I have admitted it is OFF TOPIC. My BELIEFS, only come up because people like yourself are DEFLECTING.
This tread really should have no more than 100 post. The Atheist here that dispute this are just being hard headed. You're turning yourselves into points of satire.
lol, he has the mind of a goat and the personality of one too.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178622 Sep 27, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making that up. There will be fate. You could avoid conclusion, but it will come. I guess that's why atheist reject their souls. In the end their will be an end, therefore fate will come.
atheists DOnt reject souls,
theres nothing to reject,,

I used to think souls existed at one time,but then I grew up,,
if souls existed we should be able to comunicate w the dead,,,can you?

those who claim they can are only PRETENDING to do so,,its called "cold guessing,"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,419,432
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Trojan 32,332
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 hr zef 311,625
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web