Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247442 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178490 Sep 26, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
LLLLLLLLLLL
youve just proved my point you stupid LARD azz!
idiocy and christINSANITY goes hand in hand,yes!
Thank you for proving my point.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178491 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
Freedom of choice and religion has everything to do with the subject at hand.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178492 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of choice and religion has everything to do with the subject at hand.
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178493 Sep 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cant prove and wont prove yet opens his trap and spams the forums with creationist symptoms
Ride over to Iran Mr. Ichabod Crane and tell them there's no God. See how long it takes them to turn you into the headless horseman. They don't have a problem with ending your misery.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178494 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be more correct. I am yet to see an atheist structured society permit freedom of religion. These dolts that post here, don't get it does not end there. If they want proof, prove their own tolerance.
Some of these people would love to put us in box cars and rail road us to the death camps.

If it ever came to that I would take aim for their bellybutton. Itís below the body armor and secondly thereís already a hole there.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178495 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
Sorry Scooter, you're wrong. So get on your skateboard and go down the street and stay out of traffic.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178496 Sep 26, 2013
You know... there is no more tolerance from people who believe in a god than there is from some of the people who do not believe in a god. Arguing about it is not tolerance.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178497 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ride over to Iran Mr. Ichabod Crane and tell them there's no God. See how long it takes them to turn you into the headless horseman. They don't have a problem with ending your misery.
How about you ride over there and tell them Jesus is god, and see what happens hombre. Hell you can just go and say
"Hey yall, I an American!" You will be on the 5 o clock news and an international incident.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178498 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...good for you?
Utterly nothing to do with the topic of this discussion, but whatever...
You have the audacity to post that comment. OK, PROVE that The Universe started without any sort of creator. Before you make a fool of yourself. It would be your word against Stephen Hawkins, the present Keeper of the Chair at Cambridge. I apologize in advance I am not taking your word over his. Good luck finding that missing link, as if. Your post gets the golden "WHATEVER! award".

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178499 Sep 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, its not...but if you haven't learned to read by this point in your life I don't think I can help you...
You're rich, you either have no soul or will destroy it with your backwards thinking, and you would suggest someone else needs help.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#178500 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Scooter, you're wrong. So get on your skateboard and go down the street and stay out of traffic.
Hey Eagle.

Are you neglecting your business responsibilities?

I hope the business success story wasn't a tall tale.

If it was, your god may just send you to the lake of fire.

Not a good way to reach the end of the trail, cowboy.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178501 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the audacity to post that comment. OK, PROVE that The Universe started without any sort of creator. Before you make a fool of yourself. It would be your word against Stephen Hawkins, the present Keeper of the Chair at Cambridge. I apologize in advance I am not taking your word over his. Good luck finding that missing link, as if. Your post gets the golden "WHATEVER! award".
You have to pull your head out your azz, before you can discover anything.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178502 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have to pull your head out your azz, before you can discover anything.
You're the one that has no soul not I.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178503 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that has no soul not I.
If you have soul , you must be a soul brother.
I have everything I need , but a soul? This is something you imagine.
I have three souls, one is evil, one is holy.......
and the other one is here right now.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178504 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have soul , you must be a soul brother.
I have everything I need , but a soul? This is something you imagine.
I have three souls, one is evil, one is holy.......
and the other one is here right now.
Me and most of the world. Face it, for whatever reason you don't take a lot of people's word for this. I don't view the human race as being liars. The fact is most Atheist are forced into being atheist in China, The Russian Federation, and North Korea. It is very weird that you would claim you have no belief and yet talk about it so often. Let's keep it real, you do have a belief. Many atheist don't but you do. I even think you have more belief in The Christian God than I do.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#178505 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and most of the world. Face it, for whatever reason you don't take a lot of people's word for this. I don't view the human race as being liars. The fact is most Atheist are forced into being atheist in China, The Russian Federation, and North Korea. It is very weird that you would claim you have no belief and yet talk about it so often. Let's keep it real, you do have a belief. Many atheist don't but you do. I even think you have more belief in The Christian God than I do.
I have knowledge , and can inspire my christian brothers to charge in the face of the enemy.
They believe they can go to heaven.

I do not,

but I know their inspiration, is as powerful as the atom bomb.

It is a war of wills, and I will win.
It's mind over matter.
I don't mind that you don't matter.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178506 Sep 26, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you, thank God I don't have your mind body & well you don't have the other.
The above?

Is neither an argument in support of, nor evidence for, a god.

You lose by default: your god is still not real.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178507 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Messiah would be born of a woman. Genesis 3:15 Matthew 1:20
So? All people are born of a woman. That proves nothing.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178508 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 4:4 2 Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Mistaken translation. And not all 4 gospels agree about the "bethlehem" trick.

Moreover, the gospel-fabricators knew about the "prophecy", and could have adjusted their myth accordingly.

Proves nothing.

Finally, why was he called "Jesus of Nazareth"? Hmmm?

And Nazareth wasn't founded until well after the alleged crucifixion anyway.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178509 Sep 26, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:4-6 3 Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:22-23
Wrong word, bubba: the Greek OT word was "maiden" meaning "young girl of marriageable age"

It had **nothing** to do with her history of sexual relations.

Proves nothing.

Besides: there are **hundreds** of similar virgin-born legendary figures popping up roughly 2000 years back... Mithra is my favorite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,276,527
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 min tom wingo 29,933
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 25 min OzRitz 6,884
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web