Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178364 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the better explanation is that a fictitious being who's origins no one knows and who's physical attributes are also a mystery, scooped up a pile of dirt and blew on it, and out popped a full formed human male. His rib was ripped from his side and magically a fully formed women appeared. yes, yes, this make so much more sense than any scientific explanation.
A bone fragment contains what my good Doctor?

The building blocks for human life such as DNA.

With DNA life can be duplicated. A minor adjustment here or there and you could have a female.

It doesn't sound so crazy after all now does it Doctor?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178365 Sep 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does not speak of Jesus, in the old testament.
1) the name is wrong
2) the town is wrong
3) the parental lineage is wrong
Those are 3 damning failures proving Jesus could never have been the Jewish messiah.
And that was without even trying....
The name is right. 1

The town is right. 2

The lineage is right. 3
Thinking

UK

#178366 Sep 24, 2013
Do you believe in an all powerful compassionate god?

There can be no such god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178367 Sep 24, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting. I posted over a year ago and some rotten Topix administrators with a moniker "Silent Assassins" sent viruses to me. Fortunately, I have excellent protection. I tell you, watch out for the rats in here. They learned my IP address. That is the only way they could have attacked me. I know it was them because it occurred about 5 min after my post that upset them. I am a freethinker and they could not handle it. Another free thinker I know that was attacked was Pomona Atheist. Remember him? Many christians hated him and they shut him down. I am only here to correct irrational thinking, which to me is scarey. I believe in Freedom of Expression, but religious folk abhor us. Just sayin'.
Thank you,

I really appreciate that. What I find odd about Topix is if they throw you out they should at least tell you. And if you throw the cat out from the front door. Don’t leave the back door open or he will just come right back in, lol.

I too appreciate free thought. I love Atheist and always will. They are fascinating people to converse with.
Thinking

UK

#178368 Sep 24, 2013
An all powerful god wouldn't need a rib.
It would just be able to sequence the DNA, etc, without sampling.
More proof of no god or just a silly story?
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the better explanation is that a fictitious being who's origins no one knows and who's physical attributes are also a mystery, scooped up a pile of dirt and blew on it, and out popped a full formed human male. His rib was ripped from his side and magically a fully formed women appeared. yes, yes, this make so much more sense than any scientific explanation.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178369 Sep 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an indentation...
;-)
lol,
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178370 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe it is NEVER a good idea to speak in absolute ignorance as you are now doing. So you are either outright lying or ignorant of the subject, which is it?
Here is the evidence proving you to be either a lier or completely ignorant. ALL of the following are ATHEISTS ORGANIZATIONS
Foundation Beyond Belief. Child welfare-education-environment- health and human rights.
Earthward Inc. Provide humanitarian aid to victims of religious motivated violence-provides food, clean water, and medical aid.
Fellowship of Freethought....blood drives, collects food for local food banks, toy drives for needy children.
International Humanists and Ethical Union....provides food and numerical aid to poverty stricken areas of the world. Member are from 40 countries.
Atheists For The Homeless.....Based in Austin Texas, they provide food and shelter for the homeless.
Atheists Relief Fund
Secular Center U.S.A.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
You really should apologize!!!!!!!
Geeez Doc, you rained on my parade. Did you have to pop all the balloons. We were having fun!

As we have said before about Mr. Gates. He doesn’t know what he believes but most believe him as agnostic.

I wasn’t aware of these small and insignificant Atheist Humanities. I’m sure the $5 or $10 the Atheists Relief Fund collects every year is going to make a big difference.

Now the IHEU.“Our vision is a Humanist world; a world in which human rights are respected and everyone is able to live a life of dignity.”

Human rights in my opinion also is the right for freedom of religion. But few Atheist believe a person should have the right to freedom of religion. So their vision is perhaps misleading?

Now let’s discuss the DFW Atheist Helping the homeless.
Giving your brother-n-law a place to stay and calling it helping the homeless is really not what I would call a charity in in the big scope of things. There are four members to this tiny and insignificant little group.

You Doctor, my good Doctor are blowing smoke up our *ss.

A exaggeration and wishful thinking on your part Doctor. The fact of the matter with the exception of a few individual Atheist. There is no “real” impact by Atheist in the humanities. And there’s not going to be because Atheist are selfish by nature.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178371 Sep 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove
Atheist
Philosophy
<laughing>
took some happy pils have you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#178374 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind.
Thats where your god and jesus is

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178375 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain Coward is a Christian Catholic!
Two things wrong with this post.

1st. I have seen and heard theist openly down atheism in public. Frequently, I don't with this open bashing. On the other hand I have never seen nor heard a atheist openly bash theist as I do here, at least not with out a police officer near by, part of an official demonstration. This cowards tuff you post just shows what you are.

2nd. Most Catholics do not consider themselves Christian. I have even heard from a few Catholics they have officially detached.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#178376 Sep 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. The fact of the matter with the exception of a few individual Atheist. There is no “real” impact by Atheist in the humanities. And there’s not going to be because Atheist are selfish by nature.
I always wonder why some people always excpect a handout from someone else,religious people being at the front of the line so to speak.
I support my family and relatives and close friends who deserve it,I would never ask anyone to help me out when down,,I work for my money and expect everyone else to do the same..
its only LAZY bastids who want someone else to support them,you religitards prove that all the time.

btw theres no Atheists only atheists,get it?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178377 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You god does not exist
Not for you anyway, that has to suck.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178378 Sep 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How can morality predate God?
You continue to believe in your God, that guy from Sweden is an ignorant hater, and that has been proven.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178379 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to have them there too.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#178380 Sep 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is no philosophy attached to Atheism, stop being stupid. It's simply a position based on lack of evidence. Now go have another drink and stop bothering the adults!!!
Nietzche

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#178381 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things wrong with this post.
1st. I have seen and heard theist openly down atheism in public. Frequently, I don't with this open bashing. On the other hand I have never seen nor heard a atheist openly bash theist as I do here, at least not with out a police officer near by, part of an official demonstration. This cowards tuff you post just shows what you are.
2nd. Most Catholics do not consider themselves Christian. I have even heard from a few Catholics they have officially detached.
You didn't care about the post from your christian friend where he called captain coward an atheist

You are an idiot!

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#178382 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for you anyway, that has to suck.
Life is good without religion i don't have to go to church on sunday and don't have to feel bad for existing

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#178383 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to believe in your God, that guy from Sweden is an ignorant hater, and that has been proven.
You are the ignorant hater here idiot christard!

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#178384 Sep 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to have them there too.
and they don't exist in real life
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178385 Sep 24, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!

Mikko, What do you do for a living? Are you retired? Family man? Have a job? Have hobbies besides Topix. I'm a motorcycle man myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grey Ghost 1,174,256
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 28 min Save The Planet 3,192
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr R C Honey 308,051
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 28,750
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 10 hr Merv the Perv 735
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu HitMan 201,321
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web