Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178277 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
My God can give you a new heart tomorrow.
One that can know Him.
If you we're willing.
And if you don't get a new heart its because you weren't really willing...or trying hard enough...or didn't really believe...or didn't do it right....

Oldest con going....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178278 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
You posted "LOL" (laughing out loud) to a post of mine, where I pointed out that IF GOD IS REAL?

GOD KILLS INFANTS.

You thought that was ...**funny**.

You are one sick duck.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178279 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country if you were hungry or homeless youíre better off seeking a religious based charity. Our church operates a food pantry. Itís not cheap foods either but good quality foods.
Atheist donít have anything, nothing because like I said as a organized caring group. They donít participate and they will never participate in any serious organized effort. Oh sure thereís and individual here or there but as a group, not.
Yet in the typical hypocritical fashion the Atheist consistently bash Christians after we spend billions on medical research and healthcare. What they spend as a group is non existent, nill.
You Atheist have no hospitals other than the secular oneís the government provides. And secular is not Atheist as much as you want to try and claim it. As a group you are uncaring, and unconcerned. Your mission is to remove oneís legal right to freedom of religion.
I really donít know why your forefathers didnít embrace Stalin. He had the same goals. Bash the heads in of the religious and worship the communist flag.
I do believe it is NEVER a good idea to speak in absolute ignorance as you are now doing. So you are either outright lying or ignorant of the subject, which is it?

Here is the evidence proving you to be either a lier or completely ignorant. ALL of the following are ATHEISTS ORGANIZATIONS

Foundation Beyond Belief. Child welfare-education-environment- health and human rights.

Earthward Inc. Provide humanitarian aid to victims of religious motivated violence-provides food, clean water, and medical aid.

Fellowship of Freethought....blood drives, collects food for local food banks, toy drives for needy children.

International Humanists and Ethical Union....provides food and numerical aid to poverty stricken areas of the world. Member are from 40 countries.

Atheists For The Homeless.....Based in Austin Texas, they provide food and shelter for the homeless.

Atheists Relief Fund

Secular Center U.S.A.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

You really should apologize!!!!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178280 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So if your child was a serial killer, you would seek to save its life no matter how many people it killed?
You are one sick duck.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178281 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of evidence.
Show is this .. "evidence".

You cannot.

You did not even TRY.

This is because there isn't any.

Location hidden

#178282 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
My post crossed with yours... What the hell has happened to 12?
<quoted text>
Dropped on his head as a baby?

PS...I'd move to England in a heartbeat...such a great country. I try to get to London at least once a year...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178283 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that the default?
Because it is: the burden of proof is **always** on the person making the positive claim.

You made such a claim: you claim "god is real".

PROVE IT.

If you cannot?

Your claim is FALSE.

Since, god is either REAL or NOT REAL?

If your claim is FALSE (as proven by your lack of proof)

Then god must not be real-- BY DEFAULT.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178284 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
My God can give you a new heart tomorrow.
One that can know Him.
If you we're willing.
Lie.

I was more than willing for 40 years.

Your god?

Never bothered to show up-- he cannot.

Due to a severe lack of existence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178285 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What moral standard are you using to judge Him?
Human.

And?

I would expect an actual **GOD** to **SURPASS** that with flying colors.

As a minimum standard.

Does your bible-god pass the HUMAN standard?

No.

Not even close: your god?

Accepts SLAVERY as being FINE.

Fail.

YOUR GOD ISN'T EVEN AS MORAL AS MERE HUMANS.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178286 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So because there is free will, God cannot exist?
Your god?

Correct: your god cannot exist, if free will is real.

Location hidden

#178287 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a position that claims a truth.
This pretended neutrality fools no one.
You are pre committed to deny God with no rational reason for doing so.
AntiUnicornism is a position that claims a truth.
This pretended neutrality fools no one.
You are pre-committed to deny Unicorns with no rational reason for doing so.

Shame on you and your war on Unicorns!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178288 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So explain how the bible explicitly predicts the exact point in time if Christ's death.
If your claim is true, you will be able to do that with ease.
The bible does not speak of Jesus, in the old testament.

1) the name is wrong
2) the town is wrong
3) the parental lineage is wrong

Those are 3 damning failures proving Jesus could never have been the Jewish messiah.

And that was without even trying....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178289 Sep 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. They just aren't ignorant Fundies.
Actually? The numbers range about 80-90% not-religious among scientists.

My statement stands:**most** scientists are not religious.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#178290 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you don't get a new heart its because you weren't really willing...or trying hard enough...or didn't really believe...or didn't do it right....
Oldest con going....
Indeed it is: it pre-dates prostitution even.

You really need religion, in order for prostitution to even exist...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178291 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What moral standard are you using to judge Him?
The God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. He also endorses slavery and encourages rape. My moral standards are much higher than your Gods. As a matter of fact, my mol standards are higher than just about everyone in the bible. Your most likely are also.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178292 Sep 23, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So because there is free will, God cannot exist?
That is correct, for two very good reason. First, How can it be free will when you must fear the consequences? That is completely in conflict with the definition of "free." I hold a gun to your head and say you have free will to give me your wallet or not. But if you don't I'll kill you. Free will means you give or receive something without expectation of return. Second, your God is said to be omnipotent, he knows all, can see the future, knows what will happen in the future, can see exactly what you are going to do. He can see the pathway you have taken. You come to a fork in the road and think you have free will to decide whether to go right or left, God however already knows what direction you chose, you CANNOT chose any other direction other that what God has chosen for you. That is unless you want to say that God cannot see into the future and does NOT know which pathway you will take. There is no such thing as "free will" just like there is no such thing and your God.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#178293 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix may have banned me but I'm not sure.
Very interesting. I posted over a year ago and some rotten Topix administrators with a moniker "Silent Assassins" sent viruses to me. Fortunately, I have excellent protection. I tell you, watch out for the rats in here. They learned my IP address. That is the only way they could have attacked me. I know it was them because it occurred about 5 min after my post that upset them. I am a freethinker and they could not handle it. Another free thinker I know that was attacked was Pomona Atheist. Remember him? Many christians hated him and they shut him down. I am only here to correct irrational thinking, which to me is scarey. I believe in Freedom of Expression, but religious folk abhor us. Just sayin'.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#178294 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oldest con going....
Right!?!?! This pisses me right off. The first person that ever said this to me, I turned right around and told them to dial up their so called heaven and tell my mom that this is why she died of cancer. Her prayers weren't good enough.... Then I got the good ole generational sin bullshit speech. I wonder how else a person is supposed to interpret "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE." !!!! blargh...~calm now~ Sorry... hope you didn't mind my little blow up.:)

Simply said, "I agree" "CON."

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#178295 Sep 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? The numbers range about 80-90% not-religious among scientists.
My statement stands:**most** scientists are not religious.
You said they were "atheists".

"Not religious" is NOT atheism.

I am not religious. I am not an atheist.

Is not possible to slam the Fundies without stooping to their deceitful practices ?
LCNLin

United States

#178296 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
BP were obliged to employ US contractors who f**ked up. As Haliburton have done before.
Your president got quite nationalist about a globally floated company that isn't really very British anymore.
Brists noted that.
That's one reason why we didn't fancy Syria this time.
<quoted text>
Nonsense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min USAsince1680 1,156,600
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 min Chosen Traveler 28,508
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr IBdaMann 2,745
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr The world is waiting 307,127
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Sat yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web