Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245201 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#178217 Sep 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Jewish hospitals in the East Coast are pretty much pure atheistic.
So there you go.
I find it interesting that **most** supposedly "religious" hospitals have been sold to **profit-making** corporations.
They retain the trappings of "religion" because such fraud soothes the tiny minds of people like... well... you.
But make no mistake: their god is PURE GREED (or profit).
It has become a serious problem in the USA, in the last 20 years.
You really should do stand up comedy.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#178218 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have figured out why you Brits are so willing to give your teeth to the Cops. When they say,ďget off the street,Ē you just stand there and look at them.
You know theyíre going to bash your freaking head in. Another thing why do you people love tear gas so much. A three year old canít have a birthday party unless half the neighborhood is gassed.
Even the dad gum nursing home patients get tear gas.
Whatís up with you guys? Thatís why the Earths ozone is depleting. Itís because of the billions of tons of tear gas the Brits are using on themselves.
Another thing, why do you trample over little old ladies and children in those soccer games? Three hundred or more people, mostly women and children are trampled to death at every game. Yaíll like freaking steers in a stampede.
What the hell are you babbling about?

Location hidden

#178219 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you,[tipping hat]
How about the news coming out of Europe about the Costa Concordia?
Isnít that something?
Thatís a typical European operation if I ever saw one. Iím not talking about raising the Concordia. Iím talking about that cool headed Atheist Ship Captain who saved himself over women and children.
I think he was the first one on the life boat. Supposedly he is saying itís not his fault. About 10 seconds before they hit ground he ordered the helmsmen to turn the ship about. Like they were steering a VW Volkswagen.
Kind of reminds me of the botched drilling BP did in the Gulf of Mexico. This is where they released about 10 Billion Gallons of crude oil.
Back to Concordia, how do I know that Captian Francesco Schettino was an Atheist? Only a freaking Atheist will take a life jacket from a little kid and push everyone to the side so he could get into the life boat.
Donít make you proud to be a European and an Atheist?
Oh...you're a Poe.

Only explanation.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#178221 Sep 23, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In a world without God you have no objective reference point to judge ancient cultures in far away places. Why was slavery objectively wrong for the ancients? Who are you to judge right and wrong for the ancients? Can you even determine historical context? You keep the Bible around to validate your prejudices. They are logical contradictions which exist in your head. You know next to nothing about the Bible and could not pass a basic biblical literacy test.
<quoted text> Are you making these accusations up out of thin air?
<quoted text> I get the gist of your argument. I just don't buy your conclusion. It simply means they classified things different for different reasons. The fact you will not accept this reasonable explanation only indicates your hopeless hostility, and unreasonable stubborness. Like i wrote it is a minor point made by hyper critics with a hostile agenda. It did not originate with you.
<quoted text> God don't screw up people do. How can you be so anal? Don't you realize how dogmatic and anal you are? Insisting God screwed up in the bats and birds thing. Ignoring historical context. Don't you realize how foolish and stubborn you appear to reasonable people? I get tired of slapping folks like you around and you still don't learn anything. Useless as tits on a tomcat.
Why was slavery wrong for the ancients? For the same reason it's wrong now, and will be wrong 2,000 years from now. Your twisting and turning in the wind here, owning another human being under ANY circumstance is wrong, period. If you can rationalize slavery as NOT being wrong at any time, then you are as immoral as your God who promotes slavery.

It would appear that I know more about your holy book than you and most Christians do.

"It simple means THEY classified things differently" Who is THEY? You keep referring to the "ancients" are you now claiming that ancients wrote the bible and it is NOT the word of God. Lets get our positions straight before we carry on here. For if GOD is the author of the bible, then it is HE, not the ANCIENTS, that got the classification wrong. Does it seem reasonable to you that the creator of all things including bats and birds would screw up the classification?
Thinking

UK

#178222 Sep 23, 2013
Not many Atheists are nihilists.
Mybackfnhurts wrote:
I do agree that Atheism requires faith in as it requires hard work and faith to show and follow any way of life or religion in a meaningful way.
If its Nihlism, or Christian or Anarchist if someone wanted to follow these paths in a full and meaningful way it requires hard work and dare I say "faith" too.
Thinking

UK

#178223 Sep 23, 2013
Prove it then.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be Atheist that's for sure.
Thinking

UK

#178224 Sep 23, 2013
Your brain is such a pile of incoherent mush that you replied to my one post twice.

PS Looking forward to you producing the 300 dead in stampedes at every game links. It'll be right next to the proof of god!
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have figured out why you Brits are so willing to give your teeth to the Cops. When they say,ďget off the street,Ē you just stand there and look at them.
You know theyíre going to bash your freaking head in. Another thing why do you people love tear gas so much. A three year old canít have a birthday party unless half the neighborhood is gassed.
Even the dad gum nursing home patients get tear gas.
Whatís up with you guys? Thatís why the Earths ozone is depleting. Itís because of the billions of tons of tear gas the Brits are using on themselves.
Another thing, why do you trample over little old ladies and children in those soccer games? Three hundred or more people, mostly women and children are trampled to death at every game. Yaíll like freaking steers in a stampede.
Thinking

UK

#178225 Sep 23, 2013
BP were obliged to employ US contractors who f**ked up. As Haliburton have done before.

Your president got quite nationalist about a globally floated company that isn't really very British anymore.

Brists noted that.

That's one reason why we didn't fancy Syria this time.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you,[tipping hat]
How about the news coming out of Europe about the Costa Concordia?
Isnít that something?
Thatís a typical European operation if I ever saw one. Iím not talking about raising the Concordia. Iím talking about that cool headed Atheist Ship Captain who saved himself over women and children.
I think he was the first one on the life boat. Supposedly he is saying itís not his fault. About 10 seconds before they hit ground he ordered the helmsmen to turn the ship about. Like they were steering a VW Volkswagen.
Kind of reminds me of the botched drilling BP did in the Gulf of Mexico. This is where they released about 10 Billion Gallons of crude oil.
Back to Concordia, how do I know that Captian Francesco Schettino was an Atheist? Only a freaking Atheist will take a life jacket from a little kid and push everyone to the side so he could get into the life boat.
Donít make you proud to be a European and an Atheist?
Thinking

UK

#178226 Sep 23, 2013
Brits^
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178227 Sep 23, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain Coward is a Christian Catholic!
It's sad this Captain is going to go to prison on his own. The people that placed him in charge need to be looked at for placing an incompetent Captain in charge.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178228 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you babbling about?
You freaking unruly Brits.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178229 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your brain is such a pile of incoherent mush that you replied to my one post twice.
PS Looking forward to you producing the 300 dead in stampedes at every game links. It'll be right next to the proof of god!
<quoted text>
You freaking Europeans canít behave in a civil manor. Thatís why your cops bash your head in for not listening to them. You know like you not listening now.

When they tell you,ďget off the damn street,Ē do it or he is going to bash your freaking skull in. Thatís why you Brits always have an indentation in your skulls.

I wonder how many baseball bats are broken in European soccer games?
Thinking

UK

#178230 Sep 23, 2013
I know you like playing rounders but that's just not cricket.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You freaking Europeans canít behave in a civil manor. Thatís why your cops bash your head in for not listening to them. You know like you not listening now.
When they tell you,ďget off the damn street,Ē do it or he is going to bash your freaking skull in. Thatís why you Brits always have an indentation in your skulls.
I wonder how many baseball bats are broken in European soccer games?

Location hidden

#178231 Sep 23, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that the US was still a British colony...thanks for the update.
Thinking

UK

#178232 Sep 23, 2013
"Just Think" doesn't seem British to me. Happy to be corrected, though.

I've never been on medication other than a few days of antibiotics but it looks like you've either started something new that doesn't agree with you, or you need to see your doctor again.

Which is it?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

UK

#178233 Sep 23, 2013
My post crossed with yours... What the hell has happened to 12?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178234 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
BP were obliged to employ US contractors who f**ked up. As Haliburton have done before.
Your president got quite nationalist about a globally floated company that isn't really very British anymore.
Brists noted that.
That's one reason why we didn't fancy Syria this time.
<quoted text>
The Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Haward was the Company in charge. He cried about how he wanted his life back. And during the spill he went on a sail boat vacation in the UK.

Hayward failed to instill a safety culture that would have prevented the horrible accident and bad calls by BP. As far as Syria goes I canít blame the UK for setting this one out. They have been by our side every time.

Iím thankful France came front and center and is standing with us. All of Europe should be standing front and center because if one of these weapons of mass destruction makes it into an European metropolises thereís going to be massive deaths of civilians.

Donít think the terrorist arenít looking at Europe. These weapons like the nerve gases could end up in anyoneís hands. All of Europe should be looking at this not from the back of the line but in the front.

If I was Europe, I would be like Israel and be passing out gas mask and other protective gear. More support and pressure on Assad may do the job. But with most of Europe standing back anything can happen. The outcome may not be good.

Itís your country and area of the world that should be concerned. I can tell you this if nerve gas agents are released on the American people. You can pretty much bet our military will get the driving orders to launch nuke strikes on all our enemies involved.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178235 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Just Think" doesn't seem British to me. Happy to be corrected, though.
I've never been on medication other than a few days of antibiotics but it looks like you've either started something new that doesn't agree with you, or you need to see your doctor again.
Which is it?
<quoted text>
Oh my, I got a good laugh from you. But you on occasion have made some memorable quotes.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178236 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to thank the Brits for the Forth of July. Man we do celebrate.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#178237 Sep 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't celebrate defeating Japan but when it comes to the Brits, we have one big party every year for the last 200 years and counting, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,264,709
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Earthling-1 6,509
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr spocko 310,372
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web