Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#177971 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are omniscient then I presume?
Haven't seen eny evidence for the existence of a god

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177972 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional.
You ain't got shit, just a bunch of words you don't understand.
"My programming". LOL
Resist what? You don't see me professing a fundie view of any religion. Don't forget, I was an atheist long before it became a fad for dummies. Armed with textbooks and assurances from their priests they are on the right track to enlightenment. Drop a few bucks in the plate, thank you.
Don't forget, Oralidiot, all science books are wrong 20 years after they were written. Take a new line in understanding your existence. Let me give you a clue. Worshipping atoms ain't getting you nowhere. The universe created them, and then you. It's the collection of them and how they interact that counts now.
EN, son, EM. But not quite like portrayed. It's bipolarity creating motion within a something.
Oh Dave quit pretending, you're not a godbot of the worst sort.

The last time you thought using YOUR own brain,
you were an embryo.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177973 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Disproven cult garbage followed by shameless creationist liars with no morals.
Ask a creationist to prove his god and all you get is abuse - worthless mentally ill creatures that need help.
You're sure full of septic poison. Do you every laugh and have a good time? Man you have been caged up way too long.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177975 Sep 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Big help you are.
I'll look for the fiendish guy, dressed in red, with a tail and a pitchfork.
That's gotta be the guy.
Can I use you as a reference?
I would guess he looked more like a Hollywood actor, and very smooth talking. Progressive liberal, I heard.

Sure, no problem. He pays a finder's fee from what I understand. You could be a prized possession for him. My bank account could use some more weight.

Location hidden

#177976 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Oh Dave quit pretending, you're not a godbot of the worst sort.
The last time you thought using YOUR own brain,
you were an embryo.
You are the one quoting textbooks, Mythicalmind. Dave has more imagination and reasoning ability.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177977 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>if something is verified true, it is true always...not an idea, but a verifiable fact...

Evolution happened is a fact and true... and will always be true..

why? because it has been verified via the scientific method...

as has the Big Bang...relativity... gravity, atomic theory..etc.
You might want to check your science on that, unless you accept equivocation on the word evolve, their is no empirical evidence for evolution.

None whatsoever.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177978 Sep 21, 2013
Aura, you haven't answered my question, is it possible that your reasoning is not infallible?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177979 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You delude yourself, is why you believe that the biological copies the mechanical and machines do not copy the biological.
The fact is we just now have developed the ability to see the fact that mechanics play a tole in in the biological. This has always been, that it surprises you is no surprise.
To jump to the conclusion nature needs a designer, to achieve the
same motions a machine does is without evidence. The trick is can we the designers learn to use the biological engineering incorporated in in our design of machines.
The fact that this bible app is popular, and that the bible itself is popular , does not mean it is either logical or correct in it's contents.
Note this does say it evolved.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
As the good soldier you are. You’re dug in and entrenched deep in your position. I respect your opinion and you have always treated me fairly.

For myself, I just don’t see it the same as you do. A gear drive requires engineering as does the relay logic in the Venus Fly Trap.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177980 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> She has Goodbye sanity on her title and earlier she had something about goodbye sobriety. Obviously she is depressed in my view. Probably alone. Sounds suicidal to me.
I hope not but so often atheism offers nothing but hopelessness. The majority of the atheist here come across as miserable people. I just wonder how in the world can people live with so much poison inside.

Some of these folks don’t even know how to cut up and have a good time.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177981 Sep 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the designer where is it?
If you go to a span bridge near your home and look at it do you see the architect standing around there?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177982 Sep 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dave.
Nobody has been able to answer my question--can you?
What does the devil look like?
I don't want to embarrass myself at the reception line.
Try praying about it. Either way you will find out eventually. Be patient.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#177983 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Try praying about it. Either way you will find out eventually. Be patient.
"That's a long wait for a train don't come."

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177984 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to a span bridge near your home and look at it do you see the architect standing around there?
No, but we could probably find him/her somewhere. Actually speak to, hear, see, touch, hell even smell lol

Location hidden

#177985 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not but so often atheism offers nothing but hopelessness. The majority of the atheist here come across as miserable people. I just wonder how in the world can people live with so much poison inside.
Some of these folks don’t even know how to cut up and have a good time.
I don't have any of this poison that you speak of inside of me. I am a very happy person. I'm glad that you said majority and not all, but really not even the majority are unhappy people in reality.

Location hidden

#177986 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Try praying about it. Either way you will find out eventually. Be patient.
Prayer doesn't work.

Location hidden

#177987 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't work.
If that was true you wouldn't have so many centuries of anecdotal evidence that it does. People would have given up a long time ago, eh?

Maybe you are doing it wrong. One of those ways is waiting to see if it comes true. Reserving judgement. Total commitment is needed, not an I will give this a try and see.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177988 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was true you wouldn't have so many centuries of anecdotal evidence that it does. People would have given up a long time ago, eh?
Maybe you are doing it wrong. One of those ways is waiting to see if it comes true. Reserving judgement. Total commitment is needed, not an I will give this a try and see.
here Davey,
read and learn so you wont get embarrased so much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_eviden...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177989 Sep 21, 2013
See also: Confirmation bias and Cherry picking (fallacy)
The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.[1][2] Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims.[3][4][5]

The term is often used in contrast to scientific evidence, such as evidence-based medicine, which are types of formal accounts. Some anecdotal evidence does not qualify as scientific evidence because its nature prevents it from being investigated using the scientific method. Misuse of anecdotal evidence is an informal fallacy and is sometimes referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc
. Compare with hasty generalization). Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily representative of a "typical" experience; in fact, human cognitive biases such as confirmation bias mean that exceptional or confirmatory anecdotes are much more likely to be remembered. Accurate determination of whether an anecdote is "typical" requires statistical evidence.[6][7]
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177990 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to check your science on that, unless you accept equivocation on the word evolve, their is no empirical evidence for evolution.
None whatsoever.
LLLL
why do xians LIE?

Location hidden

#177991 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that the bible states "Ask and ye shall receive." hmmmmm that doesn't work out very well now does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,156,616
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 28,510
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr IBdaMann 2,745
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr The world is waiting 307,127
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Sat yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web