Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,641 - 170,660 of 226,507 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177916 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?
Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)
Show us the designer where is it?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#177917 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.
You are a hateful lying bigot

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#177918 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Under a hopelessly fixed assumption which is not deterred by the facts.
ID/Creationists have nothing! no evidence for a designer!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177922 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would agree that you use your reason to examine the evidence and come to conclusions.
Is your reasoning infallible?
Of course not, but peer review and at a consensus of minds with multiple independent lines of converging evidences AKA: Consilience brings a high degree of confidence in the reasoning of these conclusions.
I mean I haven't gone out on a limb with any dynamic new paradigm shaking theory here. Though that is within possibility.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177923 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal intuitive reasoning skills, developed from scholastic achievements and further study to acquire a sizable knowledge base.
From which we draw conclusion from evidences collected and presented by trained professionals in academia. I might add are the things which gives us a high degree of confidence in the scientific method and it's precision that make the investigative determinations of many scientists a endeavor of human excellence in discovery of the natural world. The encyclopedia and text book are much better tools for understanding, than the damn bible you clutch and taunt it's mythology as proof of things.
LOL!!

You would make a great pew warmer.

Trust those with more scholastic knowledge than you.

Dumb ass. The scientific method that produces something, technology, applied sciences, is worthwhile, and has always been around. You worship theorists who turn it into a religion.

BTW, intuition doesn't come from scholastic knowledge. That is an indoctrination is a particular way of looking at things. Intuition comes from personal experience and logic.

I swear, sometimes you show glimmers of intelligence, then you go blow it. You always fall back on your Holy Book of Theoretical Physics Scriptures.

Free thinker. Yeah, didn't cost them a cent.

Turkey brain, if there is an afterlife you won't be taking that knowledge you got here with you. If you ain't making money with it now it will do you no good whatsoever.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177924 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, but peer review and at a consensus of minds with multiple independent lines of converging evidences AKA: Consilience brings a high degree of confidence in the reasoning of these conclusions.
I mean I haven't gone out on a limb with any dynamic new paradigm shaking theory here. Though that is within possibility.
Could your reasoning be faulty, could it rest on false assumptions?

Location hidden

#177925 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
"mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?
Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)"

the universe...matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed...fundamental law of physics...

and don't ask for proof of negatives...
So the universe is eternal? How do you know that?

Location hidden

#177926 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>truth is dependent on facts..aka credible evidence that can be demonstrated and validated, hence it is objective...

scientific method is how truth is determined...it never fails..
So you accept the notion of absolute truth?

Location hidden

#177927 Sep 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Show us the designer where is it?
God has already revealed Himself to you, so you are without excuse.

You deny that so that you can deny His authority.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177928 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I am confused by your first part of this post. If you are from America, I'm not sure what you think the premise of America was founded on. America was founded to try and escape one track minds and religious restraints. It was wanted that people to be able to have a religious belief or to lack a religious belief without having restrains put on them because of their personal beliefs or lack there of. We as humans have such an ego that some fight too hard to be "right" and ignore the information that is provided to them to help them make that personal choice.
Yes, that is true, it is why such a high percentage of people don't die with the religion they originally belonged to. I don't think an atheist based nation would afford such a luxury. The Atheist post here do lean in that direction. The collage crowd, that are pro-atheist, would deny what goes on here , or write it off as a fundamentalist minority that frequently speaks.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#177929 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God has already revealed Himself to you, so you are without excuse.
You deny that so that you can deny His authority.
Prove it bubba!

Location hidden

#177930 Sep 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it bubba!
Why would I try to prove what I already know to be true?

To someone who is only going to deny their crime anyway...

Your public confession or lack of bares no weight. God has already revealed the truth on this, read Romans chapter 1.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177931 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
You would make a great pew warmer.
Trust those with more scholastic knowledge than you.
Dumb ass. The scientific method that produces something, technology, applied sciences, is worthwhile, and has always been around. You worship theorists who turn it into a religion.
BTW, intuition doesn't come from scholastic knowledge. That is an indoctrination is a particular way of looking at things. Intuition comes from personal experience and logic.
I swear, sometimes you show glimmers of intelligence, then you go blow it. You always fall back on your Holy Book of Theoretical Physics Scriptures.
Free thinker. Yeah, didn't cost them a cent.
Turkey brain, if there is an afterlife you won't be taking that knowledge you got here with you. If you ain't making money with it now it will do you no good whatsoever.
Failed creationist scum with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#177932 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I try to prove what I already know to be true?
To someone who is only going to deny their crime anyway...
Your public confession or lack of bares no weight. God has already revealed the truth on this, read Romans chapter 1.
Your god isn't real and you're lying to us about it it.

I wouldn't mind normally, but you are in the atheist forum, being an arsehat.

Location hidden

#177933 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is true, it is why such a high percentage of people don't die with the religion they originally belonged to. I don't think an atheist based nation would afford such a luxury. The Atheist post here do lean in that direction. The collage crowd, that are pro-atheist, would deny what goes on here , or write it off as a fundamentalist minority that frequently speaks.
Religious liar working for the creationist cult.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177934 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a soul.
Prove it. If you cannot? Then it is safe to presume you don't have this "soul" thingy.

More: you have failed to **describe** what it is, exactly, and what it's supposed to do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177935 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a soul. Just because you donít see it doesnít mean it doesnít exist. Thereíre people that carry certain diseases, they have no idea they're carrying it until it comes to the forefront. Like for example asbestoses.
Diseases can be **tested** for. Diseases have ... attributes that can be **tested** for.

Disease are **real**. They have **real** causes, which can be demonstrated, with real events.

Souls? You can't even DESCRIBE WHAT IT IS.

It's myth.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177936 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good follow up on your vehicle. I can't remember if you had a truck or a van. I had a neighbor in Houston that died because his brakes failed one day when he was trying to stop. He hit the back of a tractor trailer and was killed instantly.
Brakes are easy-- they aren't rocket science.

I've been doing brakes since 1977, when I had my first car: a venerable Fiat, with 4 wheel disk brakes. A rust-bucket for sure, but damn good brakes.

My current van is made by Mercedes, and has 4 disk brakes.

Disks are super easy to work on, especially as compared to the old drum brakes, which contain many fiddly parts that must remain in perfect alignment.

A bit of sense and common mechanical skills is all you need. Understanding of how the calipers work, which parts need to slide, and which parts need to be firmly attached is all that is needed.

Oh, and proper grease is a must.:) High temperature only. And nothing but nothing gets on the disk's surface or the pads.

Most failed brake projects are due to not following these basic rules.

That, or a leak that was not corrected.

But if a person is clueless? It's best to take it somewhere-- at least they have liability insurance....

... not that it would help in your friend's sad case.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177937 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every year our family here in Illinois go to a local apple farm and pick apples. It has turned out to be a family tradition and the grandkids love it. But among the hundreds of apple trees one can always find a bad apple or two.
The good apples out number the bad ones. I hate to hear when people get ripped off in business deals. But I donít know if you have observed this but life has a way of going full circle. Those people that ripped you off are going to get ripped off themselves one day.
Yes: what goes around, comes around.

People that live in essentially a dishonest world? See **everyone** as dishonest sooner than later, and soon become so paranoid that life is just miserable.

I prefer the opposite: I presume everyone is honest until proven different (for the most part), and live accordingly.

Anytime I have a customer write me a bad check? I give them the benefit of the doubt, and call-- if they offer to fix it with cash-money? All is fine, but I won't be taking another check-- cash only from then on. <grin>

But the number of bad checks I've attempted to process since 2002? Five. And two of those were immediately corrected by the customer, including extra for the bank fee.

:)

I much prefer living honestly, and assuming everyone else is too.

Life is nicer that way...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177938 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in fossil evidence. Except when it has been falsified and that has happened. But the fossils that are legit, Iím ok with that. Itís fascinating stuff.
It **is** fascinating.

But do not forget who found the fraud:**scientists** did.

That's the beauty of science: it's self correcting.

That is because science is trying to find what is **really** going on, regardless of where that would lead them to, no matter how bizarre or weird.(and quantum physics is the epitome of weird)

This fundamental mindset is why science has been so successful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min No Surprize 1,101,014
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Eaddae 305,478
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 27,101
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000