Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,532)

Showing posts 170,621 - 170,640 of223,138
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>If you are an atheist and you stir the pot with drunk Eastern Europeans that came to this country to get away from what you offered. You are getting what you ask for. I could disagree with either group without having a violent reaction. I don't consider the bloggers here true atheist, by any means. I just discussed this with an atheist friend of mine too, and he agrees.

Let me ask you something. What is up with this "You are a coward" blogging. This does suggest to me that these bloggers are saying "if you addressed me in person saying such, I would take action." I do think you are the most reasonable atheist blogger here, but your ignore this then bring up that ways.
Thank you. I am confused by your first part of this post. If you are from America, I'm not sure what you think the premise of America was founded on. America was founded to try and escape one track minds and religious restraints. It was wanted that people to be able to have a religious belief or to lack a religious belief without having restrains put on them because of their personal beliefs or lack there of. We as humans have such an ego that some fight too hard to be "right" and ignore the information that is provided to them to help them make that personal choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>You could worship the color Pink, or just have it as a favorite color. I favor Purple and Black. Red and black sorts are the most common. I, for the most part worship myself. I find God with in me. It is better for me you don't seek the help of spiritual aid. I just think you too are a believer of such an you are up to no good.
I have no personal agenda that would cause me to want to be up to no good. I assume that I could worship the color pink, but why would I want to??? I was attempting to point out that just me sharing my thought or my personal opinion with you is not a religious act.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you read more of your fellow atheist bloggers post. As I have noted you are of a higher frame of thought than they are, however. I know longer believe you are atheist.
I do not believe in a deity so by definition I am an atheist. However, that is really neither here nor there in making who I am as a person.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly does modern electronics prove a creator of the universe?
Our manipulation of forces to create devices and control them over distance. You weren't here for my past posts about this world and us being like remote controlled airplanes, and tuned devices working on discrete signals.

You have to get past the you just exist and realize how you are put together.

EM is the shaper and controller of the universe. It is the most powerful of the forces and transverses the known universe. Yes, stronger than gravity and the nuclear forces. The nuclear forces just bind nuclei, EM moves the nuclei. Without the EM you wouldn't have fission or fusion.

Your body and material mind is a tuned device programmed to respond to the greater universe. Pure and simple. The universe shaped you, and its movements let's you function. You have a power supply built in you, but it has its limits on just how much "free will" you can exert, if any. That power supply is formed from EM interactions, the chemical processes of your digestive system whose energy is then redistributed.

The entire basis of physics is cause and effect. Nothing happens without being caused. However, this is a school of thought, a religion if you will, that we just magically poofed into existence out of nothing, that nothing being pre BBT. It is a religion of math and probabilities, not actualities. You have a cult of this religion in theoretical physics that provides "evidence" for people with head problems, meaning your typical Topix atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not so obvious to me. Could you please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that mankind is part of a larger "organism" or assemblage? What "obvious" things have I missed?
EM programming via DNA. Shared tuning and expression.

Branches of the same tree. Bees of the same hive. Differentiated cells of the same body.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Our manipulation of forces to create devices and control them over distance. You weren't here for my past posts about this world and us being like remote controlled airplanes, and tuned devices working on discrete signals.

You have to get past the you just exist and realize how you are put together.

EM is the shaper and controller of the universe. It is the most powerful of the forces and transverses the known universe. Yes, stronger than gravity and the nuclear forces. The nuclear forces just bind nuclei, EM moves the nuclei. Without the EM you wouldn't have fission or fusion.

Your body and material mind is a tuned device programmed to respond to the greater universe. Pure and simple. The universe shaped you, and its movements let's you function. You have a power supply built in you, but it has its limits on just how much "free will" you can exert, if any. That power supply is formed from EM interactions, the chemical processes of your digestive system whose energy is then redistributed.

The entire basis of physics is cause and effect. Nothing happens without being caused. However, this is a school of thought, a religion if you will, that we just magically poofed into existence out of nothing, that nothing being pre BBT. It is a religion of math and probabilities, not actualities. You have a cult of this religion in theoretical physics that provides "evidence" for people with head problems, meaning your typical Topix atheist.
Wow...I'm sorry but that almost sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...I'm sorry but that almost sounds like a conspiracy theory.
More like virus replication.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously....if you watched a woman for birth and had never heard of a god then you would see that the woman was the designer, or maker. God didn't poof me into existence...my mommy and daddy made me, but I really hope I don't have to explain to you how lol

So you have a women as the first cause of humanity, a woman from whom the whole of humanity came from?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
EM programming via DNA. Shared tuning and expression.
Branches of the same tree. Bees of the same hive. Differentiated cells of the same body.
Yeah you are the descendant of the tribe of spooky toothed Indian shamans, root doctors and crazy old women. Put all that DNA in a blender and out pops Crazy Dave!
You know the guy who can communicate with the universe, using magnets rocks and string!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you present the idea that the universe factually has a designer?

Upon what basis do you make that claim?
Upon the basis that He has revealed that to us all, the whole if humanity, both internally and externally.

We all have an intrinsic knowledge of His existence.

Based on His revelation of Himself to us.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Yet your ego is so large that you come here every day to argue with people who you seem to think have no intelligence and who you think should not have a right to have a different thought than yourself... I personally do not see how I am egotistical and you are not.
Read my post again, all humanity would include myself I hope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>The answer to that would be... It is a fixed notion that there is no god because there has been no satisfactory evidence to carry the notion of a god.
What do you use to examine the evidence with?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Multiple agreement from repeat experiment and across the board consensus.
What do YOU use to measure this information?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>You think that because someone is an atheist they want to "be" a god??? Please please please explain to me the evidence that there is for a god.
Are you in charge of your own life?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>I do not need a strong incentive to love my life with a purpose and to die and have my life cycle come to an end. I understand that my life has an end. My body will over time just simply cease to function.

I think it's strange that you do not want to take the responsibility for your own life and it's quite self serving and selfish to have to have an incentive to do so.
You talk about selfishness in a moral sense, what is your absolute moral standard that you appeal to when making such moral statements?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a women as the first cause of humanity, a woman from whom the whole of humanity came from?
Yeah here she is...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UPe-6J5MzlM/UVHbR9K...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah here she is...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UPe-6J5MzlM/UVHbR9K...
Some people will believe anything...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you present the idea that the universe has to have a designer?
What facts do you have that prove this theory?
Design indicates Designer. There is philosophical evidence. Also atheism has no explanatory power to explain anything. It is simply a no God assumption in spite of the evidence. It does not explain our sense of justice or right or wrong. It logically leads to futility, despair for people raised in poverty, for example. Take this article.
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/blog/inde...
So what’s the source of the problem? As Publius notes, the problem is not among the black population as a whole; rather, it is due to a “small sub-culture that glorifies violence and lives and dies by the gun.” It is the gang culture, characterized by widespread criminality, tribalistic warfare, through-the-roof unemployment, extremely high rates of out-of-wedlock births (72.1 percent among blacks in 2010), widespread welfare dependency, and nihilistic art typified by “gangster rap.”

Of course the left will cry “racism” at anyone stating such facts, but such cries are ridiculous. Although skin color and genetic makeup obviously have no causal connection to this problem, a tragically large number of blacks in America (and many whites and Hispanics as well) choose the gang “lifestyle” or at least the broader culture that supports it. And leftist intellectuals feed this culture by promoting anti-value “art,” moral relativism, the entitlement mentality, and welfare dependency—all funded by forced wealth transfers.
The Richard Dawkins quote.
“The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”
&#8213; Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life
Why not a 71% out of wedlock birth rate if there is no God and there is only selfish genes and blind physical forces? Why not join a gang for protection even if it means making bones or proving loyalty by killing another human being, an enemy of my gang. It is all glorified in films and music and there is plenty of history to back it all up. If they escape human justice and many do. They do not catch everybody. They suffer the same consequences as their victims ultimately---death and nothingness. No accountability. Bad ideas have bad consequences.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura, you didn't answer my question, what do YOU use to examine the evidence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What do YOU use to measure this information?
Personal intuitive reasoning skills, developed from scholastic achievements and further study to acquire a sizable knowledge base.
From which we draw conclusion from evidences collected and presented by trained professionals in academia. I might add are the things which gives us a high degree of confidence in the scientific method and it's precision that make the investigative determinations of many scientists a endeavor of human excellence in discovery of the natural world. The encyclopedia and text book are much better tools for understanding, than the damn bible you clutch and taunt it's mythology as proof of things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 170,621 - 170,640 of223,138
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Waxman 1,072,266
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min R C Honey 304,910
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 20 hr Sophia 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••