Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177897 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not so obvious to me. Could you please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that mankind is part of a larger "organism" or assemblage? What "obvious" things have I missed?
EM programming via DNA. Shared tuning and expression.

Branches of the same tree. Bees of the same hive. Differentiated cells of the same body.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177898 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Our manipulation of forces to create devices and control them over distance. You weren't here for my past posts about this world and us being like remote controlled airplanes, and tuned devices working on discrete signals.

You have to get past the you just exist and realize how you are put together.

EM is the shaper and controller of the universe. It is the most powerful of the forces and transverses the known universe. Yes, stronger than gravity and the nuclear forces. The nuclear forces just bind nuclei, EM moves the nuclei. Without the EM you wouldn't have fission or fusion.

Your body and material mind is a tuned device programmed to respond to the greater universe. Pure and simple. The universe shaped you, and its movements let's you function. You have a power supply built in you, but it has its limits on just how much "free will" you can exert, if any. That power supply is formed from EM interactions, the chemical processes of your digestive system whose energy is then redistributed.

The entire basis of physics is cause and effect. Nothing happens without being caused. However, this is a school of thought, a religion if you will, that we just magically poofed into existence out of nothing, that nothing being pre BBT. It is a religion of math and probabilities, not actualities. You have a cult of this religion in theoretical physics that provides "evidence" for people with head problems, meaning your typical Topix atheist.
Wow...I'm sorry but that almost sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177899 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...I'm sorry but that almost sounds like a conspiracy theory.
More like virus replication.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177900 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously....if you watched a woman for birth and had never heard of a god then you would see that the woman was the designer, or maker. God didn't poof me into existence...my mommy and daddy made me, but I really hope I don't have to explain to you how lol

So you have a women as the first cause of humanity, a woman from whom the whole of humanity came from?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177901 Sep 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
EM programming via DNA. Shared tuning and expression.
Branches of the same tree. Bees of the same hive. Differentiated cells of the same body.
Yeah you are the descendant of the tribe of spooky toothed Indian shamans, root doctors and crazy old women. Put all that DNA in a blender and out pops Crazy Dave!
You know the guy who can communicate with the universe, using magnets rocks and string!

Location hidden

#177902 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you present the idea that the universe factually has a designer?

Upon what basis do you make that claim?
Upon the basis that He has revealed that to us all, the whole if humanity, both internally and externally.

We all have an intrinsic knowledge of His existence.

Based on His revelation of Himself to us.:-)

Location hidden

#177903 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Yet your ego is so large that you come here every day to argue with people who you seem to think have no intelligence and who you think should not have a right to have a different thought than yourself... I personally do not see how I am egotistical and you are not.
Read my post again, all humanity would include myself I hope.

Location hidden

#177904 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>The answer to that would be... It is a fixed notion that there is no god because there has been no satisfactory evidence to carry the notion of a god.
What do you use to examine the evidence with?

Location hidden

#177905 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Multiple agreement from repeat experiment and across the board consensus.
What do YOU use to measure this information?

Location hidden

#177906 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>You think that because someone is an atheist they want to "be" a god??? Please please please explain to me the evidence that there is for a god.
Are you in charge of your own life?

Location hidden

#177907 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>I do not need a strong incentive to love my life with a purpose and to die and have my life cycle come to an end. I understand that my life has an end. My body will over time just simply cease to function.

I think it's strange that you do not want to take the responsibility for your own life and it's quite self serving and selfish to have to have an incentive to do so.
You talk about selfishness in a moral sense, what is your absolute moral standard that you appeal to when making such moral statements?

Location hidden

#177908 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a women as the first cause of humanity, a woman from whom the whole of humanity came from?
Yeah here she is...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UPe-6J5MzlM/UVHbR9K...

Location hidden

#177909 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah here she is...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UPe-6J5MzlM/UVHbR9K...
Some people will believe anything...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177910 Sep 21, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you present the idea that the universe has to have a designer?
What facts do you have that prove this theory?
Design indicates Designer. There is philosophical evidence. Also atheism has no explanatory power to explain anything. It is simply a no God assumption in spite of the evidence. It does not explain our sense of justice or right or wrong. It logically leads to futility, despair for people raised in poverty, for example. Take this article.
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/blog/inde...
So what’s the source of the problem? As Publius notes, the problem is not among the black population as a whole; rather, it is due to a “small sub-culture that glorifies violence and lives and dies by the gun.” It is the gang culture, characterized by widespread criminality, tribalistic warfare, through-the-roof unemployment, extremely high rates of out-of-wedlock births (72.1 percent among blacks in 2010), widespread welfare dependency, and nihilistic art typified by “gangster rap.”

Of course the left will cry “racism” at anyone stating such facts, but such cries are ridiculous. Although skin color and genetic makeup obviously have no causal connection to this problem, a tragically large number of blacks in America (and many whites and Hispanics as well) choose the gang “lifestyle” or at least the broader culture that supports it. And leftist intellectuals feed this culture by promoting anti-value “art,” moral relativism, the entitlement mentality, and welfare dependency—all funded by forced wealth transfers.
The Richard Dawkins quote.
“The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”
&#8213; Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life
Why not a 71% out of wedlock birth rate if there is no God and there is only selfish genes and blind physical forces? Why not join a gang for protection even if it means making bones or proving loyalty by killing another human being, an enemy of my gang. It is all glorified in films and music and there is plenty of history to back it all up. If they escape human justice and many do. They do not catch everybody. They suffer the same consequences as their victims ultimately---death and nothingness. No accountability. Bad ideas have bad consequences.

Location hidden

#177911 Sep 21, 2013
Aura, you didn't answer my question, what do YOU use to examine the evidence?

Location hidden

#177912 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
What do YOU use to measure this information?
Personal intuitive reasoning skills, developed from scholastic achievements and further study to acquire a sizable knowledge base.
From which we draw conclusion from evidences collected and presented by trained professionals in academia. I might add are the things which gives us a high degree of confidence in the scientific method and it's precision that make the investigative determinations of many scientists a endeavor of human excellence in discovery of the natural world. The encyclopedia and text book are much better tools for understanding, than the damn bible you clutch and taunt it's mythology as proof of things.

Location hidden

#177914 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Personal intuitive reasoning skills, developed from scholastic achievements and further study to acquire a sizable knowledge base.
From which we draw conclusion from evidences collected and presented by trained professionals in academia. I might add are the things which gives us a high degree of confidence in the scientific method and it's precision that make the investigative determinations of many scientists a endeavor of human excellence in discovery of the natural world. The encyclopedia and text book are much better tools for understanding, than the damn bible you clutch and taunt it's mythology as proof of things.
So you would agree that you use your reason to examine the evidence and come to conclusions.

Is your reasoning infallible?

Location hidden

#177915 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>philosophical evidence???? wtf is that ... are you retarded?... philosophy is not a science and utilizes no evidence, and as there 6 billion people, there are 6 billion philosophies...

when there is problem in our nation to be resolved, the President calls on the National Academy of Science... there is no philosophy department.. wise up dolt..

atheism has not explanatory power??? that is even more stupid than your first statement...
Is truth objective or subjective?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#177916 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?
Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)
Show us the designer where is it?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#177917 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.
You are a hateful lying bigot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Eman 1,115,067
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 41 min none_of_the_above 1,104
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 55 min Mychihuahuawillbite 305,844
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,578
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 6 hr PieceMaker 339
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 10 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE