Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177842 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We're frankly bored of religious liars who can't prove the garbage that they say.
It is very easy to prove, you have proved it yourself already in your last two posts.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177843 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.
I just posted a recent discovery of the hopper insect in the UK that was found with synchronized gears. Mechanical gears with teeth. How does a mechanical gear end up on a insect. Iíll tell you, it was designed that way. Just as the Venus Fly Trap was designed.
The Bible was written in a different time in world history but it is fun to read. Full of romance, wars, abuses, wrongs, rights, and historical events. Itís not easy for everyone to understand because of the old English interpretation but I think thatís one of things that make it cool.
I stated earlier in tonightís national news about millions downloading the bible app for their phones, ipads and ipods. It seems thereís a great deal of young people very interested in this new app.
You delude yourself, is why you believe that the biological copies the mechanical and machines do not copy the biological.
The fact is we just now have developed the ability to see the fact that mechanics play a tole in in the biological. This has always been, that it surprises you is no surprise.

To jump to the conclusion nature needs a designer, to achieve the
same motions a machine does is without evidence. The trick is can we the designers learn to use the biological engineering incorporated in in our design of machines.

The fact that this bible app is popular, and that the bible itself is popular , does not mean it is either logical or correct in it's contents.

Note this does say it evolved.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Location hidden

#177844 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You delude yourself, is why you believe that the biological copies the mechanical and machines do not copy the biological.
The fact is we just now have developed the ability to see the fact that mechanics play a tole in in the biological. This has always been, that it surprises you is no surprise.

To jump to the conclusion nature needs a designer, to achieve the
same motions a machine does is without evidence. The trick is can we the designers learn to use the biological engineering incorporated in in our design of machines.

The fact that this bible app is popular, and that the bible itself is popular , does not mean it is either logical or correct in it's contents.

Note this does say it evolved.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?

Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)

Location hidden

#177845 Sep 21, 2013
Most atheists hold the deep dark notion that their reasoning is somehow superior just by them being a member of the atheistic community.

Ego and logic obviously being confused here...

That being the basis of most atheistic arguments, it is little wonder when you see the replies you do.:-)

Location hidden

#177846 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?
Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)
The fact is you cannot show nature has a designer.
Mechanism in biology is a different subject, your philosophical view only complicates any explanation. But they can be explained by causal evolution.

But crystallization is a example of a simple mechanism that has an ordered process than can happen, from simple laws of physics.
Planetary science shows us on larger scales how accretion and gravity build planets, no designer needed, but through a purely natural and mechanical process. Evolution shows us nature finds ways from a causal need and through causal mechanism it finds a way to refine a task.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177847 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very easy to prove, you have proved it yourself already in your last two posts.
After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177848 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
Most atheists hold the deep dark notion that their reasoning is somehow superior just by them being a member of the atheistic community.
Ego and logic obviously being confused here...
That being the basis of most atheistic arguments, it is little wonder when you see the replies you do.:-)
I think you hit the nail on the head. Real atheist do recognize exactly what you posted. As much as I do disagree with them, I do respect how well read they are. I admit it is possible a lesser educated rouge does fall into the frail, but in this case I do not think so.

Location hidden

#177850 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is you cannot show nature has a designer.
Mechanism in biology is a different subject, your philosophical view only complicates any explanation. But they can be explained by causal evolution.

But crystallization is a example of a simple mechanism that has an ordered process than can happen, from simple laws of physics.
Planetary science shows us on larger scales how accretion and gravity build planets, no designer needed, but through a purely natural and mechanical process. Evolution shows us nature finds ways from a causal need and through causal mechanism it finds a way to refine a task.
Why would you present the idea that the ordered universe cannot have a designer?

Upon what basis do you make these claims?

Location hidden

#177851 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.
The issue here is the suppression of truth, not the quality of the atheism.

Atheism by its nature is self refuting, the presupposition that you cannot allow God in the door is all the refutation one needs.

Location hidden

#177852 Sep 21, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I think you hit the nail on the head. Real atheist do recognize exactly what you posted. As much as I do disagree with them, I do respect how well read they are. I admit it is possible a lesser educated rouge does fall into the frail, but in this case I do not think so.
Fallen human nature is egotistical and bigoted, the quality of atheists in here can rise no higher than the limits of the carnal mind.:-)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177853 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you present the idea that the ordered universe cannot have a designer?
Under a hopelessly fixed assumption which is not deterred by the facts.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#177854 Sep 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not be here then.
If you talk to her, tell her River says hey.
Where are you going?

Location hidden

#177855 Sep 21, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
Atheism requires no faith at all but I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
So his own conception of the might of his own intellect was the basis of his atheism?

Location hidden

#177856 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Under a hopelessly fixed assumption which is not deterred by the facts.
Why the assumption is fixed is the interesting question...:)

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177857 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is the suppression of truth, not the quality of the atheism.
Atheism by its nature is self refuting, the presupposition that you cannot allow God in the door is all the refutation one needs.
I don't agree that all atheist are sinister, however this group here is. There is a level of hatred here that without doubt needs help. Due to poor comprehension skills there is no hope for that help. They would actually need some form of schooling for help to start. America just can not afford to be that liberal of a country. As you go on with your conversation with them I think you will see what I mean.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177858 Sep 21, 2013
Ok in last post I forgot to post the word "they" need help.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177859 Sep 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you going?
She has Goodbye sanity on her title and earlier she had something about goodbye sobriety. Obviously she is depressed in my view. Probably alone. Sounds suicidal to me.

Location hidden

#177860 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it cannot, but you cannot show that it does.
This says more than saying there is one.
Science reveals that all things are processes, but it hasn't revealed
a designer. It is a logical contradiction to suggest a designer you cannot reveal in any process discovered. Evolution explains how life became the way it is, through change over time. There is little to question , except when we go to the beginning. Exactly what caused life's origin is a mystery. But we can see where it began, and are nearly able to understand how it did happen.

These facts make the biblical creation account become a terrible attempt to explain life's origin. Primitive superstitious and ignorant in fact. We know man was not created by a god from a mud pie, and woman is not a clone from a rib bone, there was no garden of Eden where woman gave man a magic fruit recommended by a legged snake that resulted in god giving them skins to cover their nakedness. That's just plain crazy, and if it were true then where is this creator of men and animal skinner hiding out at now?
Where is the evidence of this thing that was capable of making Eden and growing fruit and building a gate guarded by a cherubim and flaming sword.

Where is this gate? Where is this cherubim?
They would have been the Anunnaki, where is the evidence of these beings? In short this is all mythology invented by superstitious primitive people who could not explain how life and the biosphere sprang from natural causes. Truly if there is a creator, it created conditions, and not specifics. The evidence is that these conditions became processes that created the Earth's biosphere that created life that evolved to what we see. All other explanations are mythological superstitious mumbo jumbo.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177861 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Under a hopelessly fixed assumption which is not deterred by the facts.
This is either the most under educated group of Atheist I have meet or they are posers. As previously noted, I do believe they believe in God, afterlife and soul, there goal is to have you not exercise your soul. Their believe in energy and the power of the mind is great, not no existent, as they pose themselves to be.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177862 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is you cannot show nature has a designer.
You are so limited in your scientific vision.

Science does nothing but provide an explanation for the methodology of the assembly of this existence. That is all it can do from this end of the process.

Belief that it all came about out of random events, out of pre-existing stuff is purely a subjective religious belief.

Modern electronics proves there is a creator involved. We use the bipolarity of it to create devices, and even computational capabilities. You would like to believe that harnessing of energy is something, created devices of this universe, us, came up with all on our own.

Our technological ability has its origin in our own creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Brian_G 307,068
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,777
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 43 min Bruin For Life 28,455
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Sgt Prepper 2,736
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 10 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Wed Lora_14 10
More from around the web