Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,561 - 170,580 of 225,513 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
And we all have a god...
Does god have a tampon that I can borrow. I swear, I've been bleeding for 6 days now.

Do you know how much that costs?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Skeptic of what? God? You embrace lies in place of God. You are not skeptical of atheism. You swallow hook line and sinker. Skeptic my ass. You are phoney right down to your title.
You're simply a foolish creationist liar who cannot prove your god to us.

Give up and go home or go and ask your leaders why they lied to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

mtimber wrote:
And we all have a god...
We're frankly bored of religious liars who can't prove the garbage that they say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.
Disproven cult garbage followed by shameless creationist liars with no morals.

Ask a creationist to prove his god and all you get is abuse - worthless mentally ill creatures that need help.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash: you already **are** a slave to your insanity.
Sad.
That is a true statement. We are all slaves to our frame of mind. The difference between you and most other people is you have an overwhelming theme. Your bad comprehension skills are due to, the fact you can't break away from your hatred of religions that are based on Jesus. My opinion is if you were raised in an Atheist society, face the same order of events from atheist you faced from Christians, which would be possible. You would now be an atheist hater. Here in New Jersey we have many Eastern Europeans that are such. I could go to a local bar bring up Atheism or communism and it would cause a frenzy. I think they would physically attack you if you went rambling on. In your case this hatred has taken over your mind. What makes those upset Eastern Europeans more stable than you is, I would have to bring it up. I honestly don't see it as the topic of choice for them. Carpentry is.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL!
The majority of Chinese worship their ancestors-- which means they are not atheists.
But I bet they would agree that your insane "past life regression" was true...!
LOL!
YOU ARE MORE LIKE THEM THAN YOU THINK.
LOL!
That is true but they have to do it in secret. Open organized religion is not tolerated ask The Buddhist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF TOPIC little Bobby
losing arguments makes you mad ,yes!
Not really. I think out of all fates of souls atheism offers the worse. As someone that believes you do design your own fate, with your faith, because the human mind is that powerful. I would rather suffer a drug addiction then be an atheist. I do understand Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, and other groups that do go out and recruit for their faith. Atheism should not be a religion that recruits. An effort to spread your thoughts and beliefs is a religious action. Every time and Atheist does this he proves he is a person of religion. An atheist that does not recruit, is every thing Atheist here have posted atheist are or are not. I see a recruiting Atheist as a cult member.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism a dry well. A dead end road. Enslaved to lies.
That is the truth and the Atheist bloggers here have proved that.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Correct: it is simply no faith in stupid shyt like gods.
<quoted text>
Only if you leave it at no faith.
There are many philosophies which start with the FACTS (atheism) and go forwards from there.
Secular Humanism is one such-- it's far-far more empathetic that your horrid religious bigotry.
S.H. is more **caring** too.
<quoted text>
Yes... yes you are.
Sad.
No religious bigotry, because religion will not be tolerated. From there comes the thought police.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We're frankly bored of religious liars who can't prove the garbage that they say.
It is very easy to prove, you have proved it yourself already in your last two posts.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.
I just posted a recent discovery of the hopper insect in the UK that was found with synchronized gears. Mechanical gears with teeth. How does a mechanical gear end up on a insect. Iíll tell you, it was designed that way. Just as the Venus Fly Trap was designed.
The Bible was written in a different time in world history but it is fun to read. Full of romance, wars, abuses, wrongs, rights, and historical events. Itís not easy for everyone to understand because of the old English interpretation but I think thatís one of things that make it cool.
I stated earlier in tonightís national news about millions downloading the bible app for their phones, ipads and ipods. It seems thereís a great deal of young people very interested in this new app.
You delude yourself, is why you believe that the biological copies the mechanical and machines do not copy the biological.
The fact is we just now have developed the ability to see the fact that mechanics play a tole in in the biological. This has always been, that it surprises you is no surprise.

To jump to the conclusion nature needs a designer, to achieve the
same motions a machine does is without evidence. The trick is can we the designers learn to use the biological engineering incorporated in in our design of machines.

The fact that this bible app is popular, and that the bible itself is popular , does not mean it is either logical or correct in it's contents.

Note this does say it evolved.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You delude yourself, is why you believe that the biological copies the mechanical and machines do not copy the biological.
The fact is we just now have developed the ability to see the fact that mechanics play a tole in in the biological. This has always been, that it surprises you is no surprise.

To jump to the conclusion nature needs a designer, to achieve the
same motions a machine does is without evidence. The trick is can we the designers learn to use the biological engineering incorporated in in our design of machines.

The fact that this bible app is popular, and that the bible itself is popular , does not mean it is either logical or correct in it's contents.

Note this does say it evolved.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?

Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Most atheists hold the deep dark notion that their reasoning is somehow superior just by them being a member of the atheistic community.

Ego and logic obviously being confused here...

That being the basis of most atheistic arguments, it is little wonder when you see the replies you do.:-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump to the conclusion that a mechanism does not have a designer, makes your rationalisation superior?
Show us a mechanism that you absolutely know doesn't have a designer.:-)
The fact is you cannot show nature has a designer.
Mechanism in biology is a different subject, your philosophical view only complicates any explanation. But they can be explained by causal evolution.

But crystallization is a example of a simple mechanism that has an ordered process than can happen, from simple laws of physics.
Planetary science shows us on larger scales how accretion and gravity build planets, no designer needed, but through a purely natural and mechanical process. Evolution shows us nature finds ways from a causal need and through causal mechanism it finds a way to refine a task.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very easy to prove, you have proved it yourself already in your last two posts.
After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
Most atheists hold the deep dark notion that their reasoning is somehow superior just by them being a member of the atheistic community.
Ego and logic obviously being confused here...
That being the basis of most atheistic arguments, it is little wonder when you see the replies you do.:-)
I think you hit the nail on the head. Real atheist do recognize exactly what you posted. As much as I do disagree with them, I do respect how well read they are. I admit it is possible a lesser educated rouge does fall into the frail, but in this case I do not think so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is you cannot show nature has a designer.
Mechanism in biology is a different subject, your philosophical view only complicates any explanation. But they can be explained by causal evolution.

But crystallization is a example of a simple mechanism that has an ordered process than can happen, from simple laws of physics.
Planetary science shows us on larger scales how accretion and gravity build planets, no designer needed, but through a purely natural and mechanical process. Evolution shows us nature finds ways from a causal need and through causal mechanism it finds a way to refine a task.
Why would you present the idea that the ordered universe cannot have a designer?

Upon what basis do you make these claims?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>After going over the comments of the post here, I no longer believe these bloggers are atheist. They belong to a deranged cult that has a goal of convincing people that they do not have any soul. Western atheist are more intelligent than this group here are, and would not post on this inferior level. Atheist education/knowledge is most often hovering around an (X) amount. The comprehension skills of this group is no where near that (X). If you previously chatted with atheist, or watch their video blogs you will see this.
The issue here is the suppression of truth, not the quality of the atheism.

Atheism by its nature is self refuting, the presupposition that you cannot allow God in the door is all the refutation one needs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>I think you hit the nail on the head. Real atheist do recognize exactly what you posted. As much as I do disagree with them, I do respect how well read they are. I admit it is possible a lesser educated rouge does fall into the frail, but in this case I do not think so.
Fallen human nature is egotistical and bigoted, the quality of atheists in here can rise no higher than the limits of the carnal mind.:-)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you present the idea that the ordered universe cannot have a designer?
Upon what basis do you make these claims?
Under a hopelessly fixed assumption which is not deterred by the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min harmonious 1,095,053
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 9 hr RICK SERVICE 28
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••