Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177820 Sep 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst liars i have met are christians they lied and cheated me out of money that they owed &#8203;&#8203;me just because i wasn't a christian
Every year our family here in Illinois go to a local apple farm and pick apples. It has turned out to be a family tradition and the grandkids love it. But among the hundreds of apple trees one can always find a bad apple or two.

The good apples out number the bad ones. I hate to hear when people get ripped off in business deals. But I donít know if you have observed this but life has a way of going full circle. Those people that ripped you off are going to get ripped off themselves one day.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177821 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You creationist liars' minds are so open that your brains have fallen out.
That's a pretty good one, even had me chuckle.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177822 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its stupid for you idiots to deny fossil evidence. Thats just one of the reasons why your cult is so full of sh*t.
I believe in fossil evidence. Except when it has been falsified and that has happened. But the fossils that are legit, Iím ok with that. Itís fascinating stuff.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177823 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot who comes up with this pig-ignorant disproven bullsh*t.
Disproven? By what scientific evidence? If it has been disproven by science then you should have no problem suppling the evidence.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177824 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Viewed objectively from outside church walls, the entire Biblical system fails to make a lick of sense when it is mistakenly interpreted literally, or near literally, as a cohesive set of divine revelations. Anyone who has ever read the Bible objectively can plainly see it is nothing even resembling a cohesive set of divine revelations ó certainly not from any omnicient, omnipresent, or even wise deity, anyway.
http://www.allisnow.com/blog/errancy-vs-inerr...
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.

I just posted a recent discovery of the hopper insect in the UK that was found with synchronized gears. Mechanical gears with teeth. How does a mechanical gear end up on a insect. Iíll tell you, it was designed that way. Just as the Venus Fly Trap was designed.

The Bible was written in a different time in world history but it is fun to read. Full of romance, wars, abuses, wrongs, rights, and historical events. Itís not easy for everyone to understand because of the old English interpretation but I think thatís one of things that make it cool.

I stated earlier in tonightís national news about millions downloading the bible app for their phones, ipads and ipods. It seems thereís a great deal of young people very interested in this new app.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177825 Sep 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
It's OK. You'll be wrong until you die and then...you'll be wrong again.
I'm familiar with death. I worked in a morgue until recently. I've been to a funeral home. I understand what happens to dead people when live people need to mourn and parade past the dead body.
I find it odd.
I donít particularly like funerals. When I cross the river Jordan. I want my family to have a going away party. When the party is over then I want them to go and release the balloons. It should be a happy celebration and I hope it is.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177826 Sep 21, 2013
Ohhh I'm goin to be sleeping late today, lol.

It's been a all nighter.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177827 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep your mental illness to yourself. We do not want to be infected by your stupidity and dishonesty.
Come back when you can grow some balls and prove your god, there's a good creationist troll.
Skeptic of what? God? You embrace lies in place of God. You are not skeptical of atheism. You swallow hook line and sinker. Skeptic my ass. You are phoney right down to your title.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#177828 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít particularly like funerals. When I cross the river Jordan. I want my family to have a going away party. When the party is over then I want them to go and release the balloons. It should be a happy celebration and I hope it is.
When you die, your muscles relax.

In other words, you shit and piss until you stop.

I don't work in the morgue anymore. Somebody else has to deal with that.

No balloons.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177829 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Viewed objectively from outside church walls, the entire Biblical system fails to make a lick of sense when it is mistakenly interpreted literally, or near literally, as a cohesive set of divine revelations. Anyone who has ever read the Bible objectively can plainly see it is nothing even resembling a cohesive set of divine revelations ó certainly not from any omnicient, omnipresent, or even wise deity, anyway.
http://www.allisnow.com/blog/errancy-vs-inerr...
The problem with all of your arguments is that your god has no basis for reason.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177830 Sep 21, 2013
And we all have a god...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#177831 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
And we all have a god...
Does god have a tampon that I can borrow. I swear, I've been bleeding for 6 days now.

Do you know how much that costs?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177834 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Skeptic of what? God? You embrace lies in place of God. You are not skeptical of atheism. You swallow hook line and sinker. Skeptic my ass. You are phoney right down to your title.
You're simply a foolish creationist liar who cannot prove your god to us.

Give up and go home or go and ask your leaders why they lied to you.

Location hidden

#177835 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
And we all have a god...
We're frankly bored of religious liars who can't prove the garbage that they say.

Location hidden

#177836 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.
Disproven cult garbage followed by shameless creationist liars with no morals.

Ask a creationist to prove his god and all you get is abuse - worthless mentally ill creatures that need help.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177837 Sep 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash: you already **are** a slave to your insanity.
Sad.
That is a true statement. We are all slaves to our frame of mind. The difference between you and most other people is you have an overwhelming theme. Your bad comprehension skills are due to, the fact you can't break away from your hatred of religions that are based on Jesus. My opinion is if you were raised in an Atheist society, face the same order of events from atheist you faced from Christians, which would be possible. You would now be an atheist hater. Here in New Jersey we have many Eastern Europeans that are such. I could go to a local bar bring up Atheism or communism and it would cause a frenzy. I think they would physically attack you if you went rambling on. In your case this hatred has taken over your mind. What makes those upset Eastern Europeans more stable than you is, I would have to bring it up. I honestly don't see it as the topic of choice for them. Carpentry is.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177838 Sep 21, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
The majority of Chinese worship their ancestors-- which means they are not atheists.
But I bet they would agree that your insane "past life regression" was true...!
LOL!
YOU ARE MORE LIKE THEM THAN YOU THINK.
LOL!
That is true but they have to do it in secret. Open organized religion is not tolerated ask The Buddhist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177839 Sep 21, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF TOPIC little Bobby
losing arguments makes you mad ,yes!
Not really. I think out of all fates of souls atheism offers the worse. As someone that believes you do design your own fate, with your faith, because the human mind is that powerful. I would rather suffer a drug addiction then be an atheist. I do understand Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, and other groups that do go out and recruit for their faith. Atheism should not be a religion that recruits. An effort to spread your thoughts and beliefs is a religious action. Every time and Atheist does this he proves he is a person of religion. An atheist that does not recruit, is every thing Atheist here have posted atheist are or are not. I see a recruiting Atheist as a cult member.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177840 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheism a dry well. A dead end road. Enslaved to lies.
That is the truth and the Atheist bloggers here have proved that.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177841 Sep 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct: it is simply no faith in stupid shyt like gods.
<quoted text>
Only if you leave it at no faith.
There are many philosophies which start with the FACTS (atheism) and go forwards from there.
Secular Humanism is one such-- it's far-far more empathetic that your horrid religious bigotry.
S.H. is more **caring** too.
<quoted text>
Yes... yes you are.
Sad.
No religious bigotry, because religion will not be tolerated. From there comes the thought police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,144,185
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr -Michelle- 306,600
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 28,249
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr Earthling-1 2,196
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 18 hr Star On 47 645
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE