Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,541 - 170,560 of 226,355 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177812 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof do you have that people do not have souls?
Do you have scientific evidence to support your claim?
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot who comes up with this pig-ignorant disproven bullsh*t.

Location hidden

#177813 Sep 21, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evidence of creation.
Religious cults create mentally ill idiots like these.

Location hidden

#177814 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You dodged my questions. What is wrong with slavery? I did not say anything about God. I want to know what is wrong with slavery in a world without God? In a world without God it is man who determines these things for their time period based on their circumstances? What is wrong with that?
<quoted text> So? <quoted text> God bashing? Will you blame the tooth fairy for cavities? Slavery was regulated for the benefit of the slave. To limit abuse. The actual institution is neutral. It was universal in the ancient world. Like i keep saying you atheists do not really care about slavery. You only mention it as it relates to Scripture. It is used a a basis to bash God and discredit Scripture. You only mention it in a narrow sense. Ignoring the fact it was universal and far more brutal in pagan cultures. Answer these questions.
1) If God approves of slavery then why did God liberate the Israelites from Egyptian slavery?
2) If God approves of slavery then why did Elisha liberate the children of the widow from debt slavery?
<quoted text> So you admit you have contempt for the Bible and believe it is evil. Under what objective basis do you determine what is and what is not evil? Why is your position any more valid than say Bart Ehrman who considers it probably one of the most important books in the history of the West? For an atheist to suggest evil in an objective sense is hypocritical since you have no real objective basis and your judgements is a valid as your opinion.
<quoted text>
<quoted text> And for those who don't? Why is yours more valid then theirs? <quoted text> Moralizing atheists is both sickening and hypocritical. Why don't you just admit you hate a God you do not believe exists.
Please keep your mental illness to yourself. We do not want to be infected by your stupidity and dishonesty.

Come back when you can grow some balls and prove your god, there's a good creationist troll.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177815 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is an addiction, its symptoms are:
1. Lying about god so you can spend time on your cult.
2. Lying about your god some more so you can spend more time in your cult.
3. Hating people that don't believe in your religious cult's drug.
4. Hating people that stop people from getting hooked to your cult.
Part truth, for example that religion is addictive. If you followed the news tonight. A new app is being downloaded with the entire bible. Young people are downloading the app by the millions.

Some people do lie, ok, so that is partly true. Some people donít need to lie about their faith. So your statement has fabrication in it.

Again you are painting everyone with the same brush. Because you may see someone with a blue house. That doesnít mean every house in the city is blue. It also means not every house in the entire world is blue.

I think your problem goes beyond religion and is a result of your anti-social personality disorder. This kind of poison may have been caused by a traumatic event in your life. Itís really sad that you have morphed into a hatebot.

People like you needed a physiatrist or a therapist. You need healing in your mind. Iím not talking about religious healing but mental health healing and lots of it. But some reason you remained untreated apparently. Because your need to spew your toxic venom is continuous.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177816 Sep 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The complete lack of them.
<quoted text>
Yes. See above.
In any case?
Where is your proof that these soul thingys DO exist?
Hmmm?
I have a soul. Just because you donít see it doesnít mean it doesnít exist. Thereíre people that carry certain diseases, they have no idea they're carrying it until it comes to the forefront. Like for example asbestoses.

Just because people donít think they have a disease doesnít mean anything. Just because you think people donít have a soul doesnít mean anything either. Millions of people carry HIV and donít know they have it. They feel perfectly fine.
And they donít see it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177817 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Part truth, for example that religion is addictive. If you followed the news tonight. A new app is being downloaded with the entire bible. Young people are downloading the app by the millions.
Some people do lie, ok, so that is partly true. Some people donít need to lie about their faith. So your statement has fabrication in it.
Again you are painting everyone with the same brush. Because you may see someone with a blue house. That doesnít mean every house in the city is blue. It also means not every house in the entire world is blue.
I think your problem goes beyond religion and is a result of your anti-social personality disorder. This kind of poison may have been caused by a traumatic event in your life. Itís really sad that you have morphed into a hatebot.
People like you needed a physiatrist or a therapist. You need healing in your mind. Iím not talking about religious healing but mental health healing and lots of it. But some reason you remained untreated apparently. Because your need to spew your toxic venom is continuous.
Viewed objectively from outside church walls, the entire Biblical system fails to make a lick of sense when it is mistakenly interpreted literally, or near literally, as a cohesive set of divine revelations. Anyone who has ever read the Bible objectively can plainly see it is nothing even resembling a cohesive set of divine revelations ó certainly not from any omnicient, omnipresent, or even wise deity, anyway.

http://www.allisnow.com/blog/errancy-vs-inerr...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#177818 Sep 21, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> None of us do. Atheists only think/hope (?) they do. At some level they know they are wrong. Most really do not care. A laisseze faire or apathetic atheism.
Wrong again.

It's OK. You'll be wrong until you die and then...you'll be wrong again.

I'm familiar with death. I worked in a morgue until recently. I've been to a funeral home. I understand what happens to dead people when live people need to mourn and parade past the dead body.

I find it odd.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177819 Sep 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool weather means business is slow.
So I'm starting to catch up on my vehicle maintenance.
Next week? I'll be replacing all the rotors (4 wheel disk brakes) and pads. The front ought to be easy, but the rears include an internal drum brake for parking, which may complicate things.
But I'm a good mechanic---not something I like particularly, but when you own your own business, you save money where you are able.
After that? When the weather finally goes and stays cold? I'll get busy again-- heater startup season.
Good follow up on your vehicle. I can't remember if you had a truck or a van. I had a neighbor in Houston that died because his brakes failed one day when he was trying to stop. He hit the back of a tractor trailer and was killed instantly.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177820 Sep 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst liars i have met are christians they lied and cheated me out of money that they owed &#8203;&#8203;me just because i wasn't a christian
Every year our family here in Illinois go to a local apple farm and pick apples. It has turned out to be a family tradition and the grandkids love it. But among the hundreds of apple trees one can always find a bad apple or two.

The good apples out number the bad ones. I hate to hear when people get ripped off in business deals. But I donít know if you have observed this but life has a way of going full circle. Those people that ripped you off are going to get ripped off themselves one day.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177821 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You creationist liars' minds are so open that your brains have fallen out.
That's a pretty good one, even had me chuckle.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177822 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its stupid for you idiots to deny fossil evidence. Thats just one of the reasons why your cult is so full of sh*t.
I believe in fossil evidence. Except when it has been falsified and that has happened. But the fossils that are legit, Iím ok with that. Itís fascinating stuff.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177823 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot who comes up with this pig-ignorant disproven bullsh*t.
Disproven? By what scientific evidence? If it has been disproven by science then you should have no problem suppling the evidence.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177824 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Viewed objectively from outside church walls, the entire Biblical system fails to make a lick of sense when it is mistakenly interpreted literally, or near literally, as a cohesive set of divine revelations. Anyone who has ever read the Bible objectively can plainly see it is nothing even resembling a cohesive set of divine revelations ó certainly not from any omnicient, omnipresent, or even wise deity, anyway.
I disagree and believe the bible is in perfect harmony. It starts out as God created the heavens and the Earth.

I just posted a recent discovery of the hopper insect in the UK that was found with synchronized gears. Mechanical gears with teeth. How does a mechanical gear end up on a insect. Iíll tell you, it was designed that way. Just as the Venus Fly Trap was designed.

The Bible was written in a different time in world history but it is fun to read. Full of romance, wars, abuses, wrongs, rights, and historical events. Itís not easy for everyone to understand because of the old English interpretation but I think thatís one of things that make it cool.

I stated earlier in tonightís national news about millions downloading the bible app for their phones, ipads and ipods. It seems thereís a great deal of young people very interested in this new app.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177825 Sep 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
It's OK. You'll be wrong until you die and then...you'll be wrong again.
I'm familiar with death. I worked in a morgue until recently. I've been to a funeral home. I understand what happens to dead people when live people need to mourn and parade past the dead body.
I find it odd.
I donít particularly like funerals. When I cross the river Jordan. I want my family to have a going away party. When the party is over then I want them to go and release the balloons. It should be a happy celebration and I hope it is.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#177826 Sep 21, 2013
Ohhh I'm goin to be sleeping late today, lol.

It's been a all nighter.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#177827 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep your mental illness to yourself. We do not want to be infected by your stupidity and dishonesty.
Come back when you can grow some balls and prove your god, there's a good creationist troll.
Skeptic of what? God? You embrace lies in place of God. You are not skeptical of atheism. You swallow hook line and sinker. Skeptic my ass. You are phoney right down to your title.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#177828 Sep 21, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít particularly like funerals. When I cross the river Jordan. I want my family to have a going away party. When the party is over then I want them to go and release the balloons. It should be a happy celebration and I hope it is.
When you die, your muscles relax.

In other words, you shit and piss until you stop.

I don't work in the morgue anymore. Somebody else has to deal with that.

No balloons.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177829 Sep 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with all of your arguments is that your god has no basis for reason.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#177830 Sep 21, 2013
And we all have a god...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#177831 Sep 21, 2013
mtimber wrote:
And we all have a god...
Does god have a tampon that I can borrow. I swear, I've been bleeding for 6 days now.

Do you know how much that costs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min woodtick57 1,100,219
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin Nation 27,084
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••