Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
170,481 - 170,500 of 224,099 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
In the same way that religitards f**king kids in their arses has nothing to offer?
I disagree with you.
You are evil.
<quoted text>
A man went hunting one day for squirrels. He found one in an ole historic oak tree just beaming with all sorts of life. So the hunter goes and gets a oversized cannon and aimed it at the tree.

He set off the fuse. There was the gigantic thunderous “boom” that shook the earth. Thirty minutes later when all the smoke cleared. He realized the tree, limbs, trunk, and all life living in the tree had been blown away.

Moral of the story? When hunting and aiming at squirrels. Shoot the one squirrel you’re aiming at and spare the rest of the animals.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Robert is a troll...he proves it every day.
Yes. It is rather sad to watch, too.

He appears to be growing more shrill as time goes on.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one claiming facts and can't prove anything.
I don't claim anything when it comes to deities. I have yet to see any evidence of their existence. Until I do, I see no reason to consider the matter further.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Jamie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd rather believe blindly in a lie that makes you feel good even if it damages you in the long run, and damages the world you live in, than deal with reality because reality isn't pleasant enough for you on it's own. I'd say you are either a troll are far beyond reasonable debate of any kind. Clearly not a person who cares whether or not their beliefs are true, if not a troll so attempting a discussing with such a person is pointless.
Good then don't. Atheism sucks. Thank God it is just ideas of people like yourself instead of the truth.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You might even be right, but it is 10 times better than what you offer.
So truth is less valuable to you than comfort. That figures. I choose truth. And that means rigorous testing to make sure no mistakes are made.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea **what** my reality is like.
You **literally** have no clue.
But-- I know what **yours** is like-- I used to live as you do: in a perpetual state of delusion.
Sad for you.
I would rather be a crack street walker than an atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are just fine with slavery.
This is one more piece of the puzzle:
I suspect you are a member of the KKK?
This is a good time to remind you that there are more atheist in this world that are atheist because they are forced to be, than there are that choose to be so. I would prefer being a black person in the 1840s in Georgia USA, than to be Chinese at this moment. Better dead than red.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is because it has nothing to offer.
So true, and they do prove it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
How Jesus of you: you are now claiming atheists are crack street walkers.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The Alrighty Then said:

"And the Bible is evidence of creation"

Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH and Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH the Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH bible Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH was Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH poof Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH of Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH poof Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH so Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH said Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH the Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH pooftard Hahah hah hah HAH hahHAH hahahahahaHhah harde har har ha hA HUH hua ha Ha hahA jah HAH

The bible is proof you can be dumber than dirt.
The Bible is evidence of creation.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good time to remind you that there are more atheist in this world that are atheist because they are forced to be,
Really? You have.... an example of this fantasy-delusion of yours?

No?

Interesting.... you **are** nuck-futz.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
I would prefer being a black person in the 1840s in Georgia USA, than to be Chinese at this moment. Better dead than red.
News flash: you already **are** a slave to your insanity.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good time to remind you that there are more atheist ... than to be Chinese ...
LOL!

The majority of Chinese worship their ancestors-- which means they are not atheists.

But I bet they would agree that your insane "past life regression" was true...!

LOL!

YOU ARE MORE LIKE THEM THAN YOU THINK.

LOL!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are fine, We started a family business in January 13 in the “Health” related business. My daughter got this business started for us. We started with one employee and the last time I looked we had 850 employee‘s. So the business has grown exponentially.
I was totally not expecting that kind of growth. Now it’s humming like a boiler stuck on high fire. My daughter is a nurse and my daughter in law sort of do most of the management of the company.
My job is to make sure the company has steady growth and is solid from top to bottom. It has been a lot of fun so far.. It’s kind of like surfing which I’m sure you are familiar with. You just ride the wave as long as you can.
Exactly. But it seems you already created a pretty big wave, so you'll be able to ride it for quite a while.

Good luck, and treat your employees well, it will bring big dividends in the long run.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Where's your proof? "Past" Uranus?
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>What percentage of the time is that wrong?
Nearly 50%.
So I don't really think you're an authority on "Pluto's place", twart.

50%. LMFAO

What a dolt!

"Is Pluto sometimes closer to us than Neptune?

Because Pluto has an orbit around the sun which is very elliptical, there are times when it crosses Neptune's orbit and is actually closer to the sun than Neptune. This happened recently during a twenty year period from 1979 to 1999. For now, Pluto is back to being farther away from the sun than Neptune. It will be more than 230 years before Pluto and Neptune trade places again. Pluto slips inside of Neptune's orbit once every 248 Earth years for a period of twenty years."

That's less then 10%.

What a nut job.

Oh and it will be 230 more years that I'm right with my comment.

Ya you sure showed me. Bawhahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Where's your proof? "Past" Uranus?
What a moron. This guy thinks Neptune is further out then Pluto over 50% of time!

ROTFLMAO.......,bawhahahaha

What a turd!

Thinking wrote:
Nearly 50%.

Bawhahahaha Then the dolt keeps posting it LOL. Someone told him to try thinking so he tried thinking as a name.

Bawhahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Tzarina is on a spamfest in a couple of groups. He has been posting the same cr*p repeatedly for quite a while, even after being soundly refuted. The posts about the Big Bang and the 'edge' of space show a *complete* lack of understanding of the fundamentals of the BB viewpoint. The others are just as bad.

Once again, there was no 'edge' to the BB expansion. The expansion occurs throughout space.
Poly such a way to talk about the guy that boxed you in.

You're still in that box. Does that piss you off that you and your science fail and can't get out of your box.

So you do the next atheist thing, insult the victor. Nothing new.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking wrote:
Nearly 50%.
50%. LMFAO
What a dolt!
"Is Pluto sometimes closer to us than Neptune?
Because Pluto has an orbit around the sun which is very elliptical, there are times when it crosses Neptune's orbit and is actually closer to the sun than Neptune. This happened recently during a twenty year period from 1979 to 1999. For now, Pluto is back to being farther away from the sun than Neptune. It will be more than 230 years before Pluto and Neptune trade places again. Pluto slips inside of Neptune's orbit once every 248 Earth years for a period of twenty years."
That's less then 10%.

What a nut job.
a
YOU sure are
no need to remind us,,
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF TOPIC little Bobby

losing arguments makes you mad ,yes!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>There is no BB theory problem, where do you get the idea that there is a problem?

1/ Yes – wrong the time on earth is slightly different from the time on the sun.- There is no centre of the universe or rather everywhere is the centre of the universe.– It is now understood that each galaxy is formed around a giant black hole. Astronomers are currently studying the gas cloud reaction to the entity in the centre of our galaxy.

Everywhere science can show the universe is 13.7 billion years old according to the time base used on earth.

2/ Only weird if you donÂ’t understand it, I suggest that you do some research on this topic before making yourself look even more foolish. The universe is around 46 billion light years across. Expansion is independent of the speed of light, space is expanding so nothing has violated the limit imposed by the speed of light

The CMB only needs to work with the age it is.

3/ This is your theory and nothing more, we have been here before and I have explained of the fundamental laws that govern this universe and how they did not exist (certainly as we understand them) at the beginning point of our universe. It seems that you have done the typical fundy and gone round in circles hoping for a different answer. Prior to the resolution of those laws it is unknown if time existed or not therefore how can you make a claim that nothing can exist without time, you make you own paradox without even understanding what you are doing. Oh wait a moment, is this another case of special pleading? Your babble stories donÂ’t work with scientific understanding so you need to make BS up to cover your tracks.

Wrong, time is proof of time and the babble is evidence of folk stories and superstitions created by bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves
"There is no BB theory problem, where do you get the idea that there is a problem?"

Your right no problem with the theory at all. Of course it could never happen because just before the BB you MUST have time. Time existence breaks all the laws of physics. But your BB theory is solid. Except that the BB happened 13.7 billion years ago and it would take about 1 billion years for the universe to fall to the state where it could start producing stars and science has found a 14.8 billion year old star. Bit of a problem there. But the theory is sound as Myths goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min John Galt 1,079,665
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 48 min Trojan 26,658
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 3 hr jessirinneyswift 9
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 305,085
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 12 hr Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 18 hr RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••