Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177534 Sep 17, 2013
Verbam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll admit that you sound gay Ö. so you need to stay away from decent people.
Okay-- I accept that you are 100% gay-- likely you dress as a woman in your spare time.

In the gay community, you would be called a queen.

I **get** that already.

But, again, I have no problem with your lifestyle.

Enjoy!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177535 Sep 17, 2013
Verbam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Birds of a feather flock together.
So.

By **your** definition, you are an ATHEIST?

Since you **are** hanging out on the ATHEIST forum?

Okay.

Welcome to Atheism, Mr Gay-Queen!

Enjoy!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177536 Sep 17, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! O.K., as long as we only stare at the goats, if you yell at them, sometimes they faint. Enough people have swooned from mystical/pseudo science/religion as it is.
Uhhh, I'm far sighted....does that count?
Far sighted?

I say that is a **SIGN**!

A **SIGN** I tells, ya!

For the low-low price of $29.95, you too can be your own Mystical Guru!

<laughing>

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177537 Sep 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What an emotion based response.
Where is that cold hard objective analytic thinking, lovey?
I really donít understand what you are projecting here, methinks you confusion is getting the better of you. Have you seen the doctor about your deteriorating mental state?

It seem that you are displaying your rampant lust for all to see, what is that to do with my emotions?

Followed by a simple question regarding your qualification to make medical judgements, no emotion there, just a pure fact finding exercise. The fact that it shows you to be an ignorant moron is not an emotional response on my part but it does seem to have elicited an emotional response from you.

Then another question derived from your abuse of my disability and my curiosity as to whether you are paid for being such an ignorant prat. Simple curiosity, aain nothing emotional. And again it seems to have elicited an emotional response from you

Then an observation of your post that had nothing to offer this thread so I defined the obvious, you have nothing to offer. Fact, not emotion.

Followed by another statement highlighting you obvious ignorance, fact, not emotion.

And finally a statement of fact.

And it seem that you still have nothing to offer. It must be hard to live in davesworld eh?

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#177538 Sep 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really donít understand what you are projecting here, methinks you confusion is getting the better of you. Have you seen the doctor about your deteriorating mental state?
It seem that you are displaying your rampant lust for all to see, what is that to do with my emotions?
Followed by a simple question regarding your qualification to make medical judgements, no emotion there, just a pure fact finding exercise. The fact that it shows you to be an ignorant moron is not an emotional response on my part but it does seem to have elicited an emotional response from you.
Then another question derived from your abuse of my disability and my curiosity as to whether you are paid for being such an ignorant prat. Simple curiosity, aain nothing emotional. And again it seems to have elicited an emotional response from you
Then an observation of your post that had nothing to offer this thread so I defined the obvious, you have nothing to offer. Fact, not emotion.
Followed by another statement highlighting you obvious ignorance, fact, not emotion.
And finally a statement of fact.
And it seem that you still have nothing to offer. It must be hard to live in davesworld eh?
It is less confusing than living in yours, sweetness.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177539 Sep 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed"
As you can plainly see it's your job to prove there IS a creator of the universe. I don't know why people like you insist on using this dishonest and sleazy tactic. Most likely because you realize that you have no proof and try and create a smokescreen by asking someone to prove a negative. Bertrand Russel's celestial teapot should have put an end to this dishonest and ignorant tactic.
When the definition reads "acceptance of the truth of something." it means that there is ONLY one kind of truth. A truth is something that is INDISPUTABLY then case. It's indisputable because there is scientific evidence that makes whatever it is, true. A belief is NOT truth, unless of course that truth is supported by science.
For the Lord only knows how many time. I never did claim I could prove a God or creator to you. The fact I have posted this so many times does cause me to mock your reading comprehension. I proudly admit I have faith and belief. If you claim to have the fact, you have the proof, and you don't. Post whatever you desire, the proof is not there period.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177540 Sep 17, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
The big bang has been accepted as fact because it has been proven as fact. I do believe in science and I do have faith in science, but not in the religious sense. There are two definitions for faith for that reason.
The things that I believe are not a religion. They are the complete opposite of the definition of religion. It is beyond me that you can act so pompous as to pretend that you can change the definition of a word just to suit your purpose on here. I am familiar with different theories yes. I am not a scientist, nor do I claim to be. Some of this post doesn't make sense to me when I read it because your punctuation is placed badly I think. I don't understand what you mean when you say that you're sorry that I don't yearn.... what does this mean exactly?
Also, if it is devious for me to share my thoughts, and what I believe in then it is the same on your part. I do not have a religion, again I will explain, because they have no similarities with the definition of religion. You are ignoring the definition to fulfill your purpose of trying to insult me.
I don't feel the need to spread my thoughts (as you put it)...that is why I come to an atheist thread where there are people who share my thoughts and opinions and beliefs... you on the other had are on a mission to share yours which is why you are on a thread where people do not share your beliefs, thoughts and opinions.
If you feel that this "hobby" is a waste of time for you then you should do something more enjoyable with your time. As for me, I do things that make me happy, and although there are some people on here that make me feel emotions that are not always joyful, I am still, very much, a happy person. I'm sorry if you are not.
Paragraph 1. No all the details of The Big Bang have not been proven. There are those that claim it was the first others not the first. Start, not start etc.

Paragraph 2. Not only are you a proven religion. The opposite of religion would be utter silence. You have a church, you are now a religion. Protest if you must, but do it in front of the church not online.

Paragraph 3. You can't prove what you believe to be a fact. It is your belief. Changing my mind on this does not change that. Even Professor Richard Dawkins, atheist top debater acknowledges atheism as a faith. You should not be offended that I rank him higher than you and your merry crew, on this topic.

Paragraph 4. This is your confession of being an Atheist, not an atheist. It is a shame about the no soul thing.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177541 Sep 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the cowardly idiot who cannot prove the god he hallucinates and claims is the answer to the entire universe.
There is no question there is a God, I just can't prove it to you. That's your problem not mine.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177542 Sep 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime a creationist posts here and doesn't post proof of god, they are showing theit stupidity.
Because most the time they want to tell people what to do and how to behave:
eg. go to hell, dont get married, keep slaves!
all those things your cult introduced and ALL without proof.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
And correct your book while you are at it - atheists are NOT fools.
Creationists are just LIARS.
That is not consistent at all. What is, is every time an atheist does not answer a request for proof, and deflect, they are going off topic. "Atheism requires as much faith as religion."

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177543 Sep 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Hitler was catholic NOT atheist.
Atheism says nothing about mass murder so creationist LIE again.
They try and lie about atheism being a religion when its NOT.
They try and slander atheist that show up the falsehood of their cult here.
And WHEN THEY FAIL. They troll troll troll.
And THEY STILL FAIL!
We could give you a long list of all the failed creationist trolls on this forum:
Educated What
Grameen Ferox
everyday
Nanoanomaly
Lil Ticked,
Buck Crick
Robert Stevens
Lincoln (LCN)
to name but a few...
One after another, these creationist scum have been taken out on this forum.
We've seen all the patterns, just give it up and get real jobs.
Your cult is full of sh*t and always has been.
Hitler was a theist, but not Catholic. And you left out the T-TownClown

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177544 Sep 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>This is the asme thing people used to say about thunder and lightning, and eclipses of both the sun and moon.
For EVERY event attributed to God or any other mystical power, science has ALWAYS stepped forward and given the correct explanation. If you want to play this game of "it's so complex and I can't understand it so God must have done it, then your God becomes an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. When science finally achieves abiogenesis, and they will, another God answer will be pushed aside by science, just as so many in the past have been pushed aside.
This statement could not be more false.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177545 Sep 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Paragraph 1. No all the details of The Big Bang have not been proven. There are those that claim it was the first others not the first. Start, not start etc.

Paragraph 2. Not only are you a proven religion. The opposite of religion would be utter silence. You have a church, you are now a religion. Protest if you must, but do it in front of the church not online.

Paragraph 3. You can't prove what you believe to be a fact. It is your belief. Changing my mind on this does not change that. Even Professor Richard Dawkins, atheist top debater acknowledges atheism as a faith. You should not be offended that I rank him higher than you and your merry crew, on this topic.

Paragraph 4. This is your confession of being an Atheist, not an atheist. It is a shame about the no soul thing.
So I'm just gonna say at this point in time, that you completely ignore definitions of words and specified facts of science so I choose not to discuss these things with you any longer. I will now argue with you when you post things that are incorrect because when try are politely pointed out to you, you apparently want to disagree and then tell me that I have no place to share my opinions or information online if I so choose to.

You are a typical religious person that shows up on here and wants to tell people what they can and can't do or think, but you don't apply that demand to yourself and no one has any time for that not will I show you any kin of courtesy for it either. So...we'll see what comes up next.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177546 Sep 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>There is no question there is a God, I just can't prove it to you. That's your problem not mine.
This is a ridiculous and contradictory statement.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177547 Sep 17, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm just gonna say at this point in time, that you completely ignore definitions of words and specified facts of science so I choose not to discuss these things with you any longer. I will now argue with you when you post things that are incorrect because when try are politely pointed out to you, you apparently want to disagree and then tell me that I have no place to share my opinions or information online if I so choose to.
You are a typical religious person that shows up on here and wants to tell people what they can and can't do or think, but you don't apply that demand to yourself and no one has any time for that not will I show you any kin of courtesy for it either. So...we'll see what comes up next.
I say the same thing about your respect for the definition of the vocabulary involved. If you want to claim you have scientifically proven fact. The word prove is there. Until you do that you have a belief. By sharing your belief and labeling it with in a group, and a very large group indeed you are partaking in spreading your beliefs. If you are disturbed by Atheism being a religion, there are people you could talk to, to change that. I am not one of them. Would you want me to lie to you, because what I am posting is he truth. gain you vs Richard Dawkins on the topic of atheism. I am sorry, I am taking his word, on atheism requiring faith.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177548 Sep 17, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a ridiculous and contradictory statement.
Not at all! Education systems prove this every day. A person could be taught Spanish, while another can't. While that person whom can't could do much better at math. No offence but, how do I know the person I told this to, has the ability to comprehend a book on thought. In this case, I don't think the person I am responding to has a soul, if I am right and pushed the person the wrong way. It just wouldn't go well.
followerofSatan

Winter Park, FL

#177549 Sep 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the same thing about your respect for the definition of the vocabulary involved. If you want to claim you have scientifically proven fact. The word prove is there. Until you do that you have a belief. By sharing your belief and labeling it with in a group, and a very large group indeed you are partaking in spreading your beliefs. If you are disturbed by Atheism being a religion, there are people you could talk to, to change that. I am not one of them. Would you want me to lie to you, because what I am posting is he truth. gain you vs Richard Dawkins on the topic of atheism. I am sorry, I am taking his word, on atheism requiring faith.
atheism requiring faith in what?.... atheist does not believe in the supernatural without scientific evidence, which you or anyone else can not demonstrate.... exactly where is the faith?.... if you are retarded, then just say so...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177550 Sep 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement could not be more false.
Are you serious? It couldn't be more true. Who did primitive man attribute Thunder and lightning to? Did they know about how Lightning was caused and how thunder was a result of the effects of lighting on the atmosphere? What was the 18TH century belief as to the cause of illness, and the death caused by these diseases. Did they know anything about germ theory? What did our ancestors attribute natural disaster to? Did they know anything about plate tectonics as the cause for earthquakes and tsunamis? What about volcanos? Why did early Hawaiian's throw virgin into the active volcanos if not to please the volcano God Pele.

For every natural disaster, for every unexplained event, for every plague or sickness, God or God's where believed to be the cause.

Has not science taught us what causes earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, thunder and lighting? Has not science revealed the cause of most illnesses?

God, demons, Satan, evil spirits, all where blamed for the unexplained, until science came along and revealed the REAL causes.

I dare you to came back and refute any of this, I double dare you. You say this is false, step up to the plate skippy and show me where any of this is false. I don't think you have the balls!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#177551 Sep 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no question there is a God, I just can't prove it to you. That's your problem not mine.
Well, actually, if there were no question that there is a god, you would very easily be able to prove it.
followerofSatan

Winter Park, FL

#177552 Sep 17, 2013
It has come to my attention that Robert Stevens is a basic moron. There is no question or doubt about it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177553 Sep 17, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism requiring faith in what?.... atheist does not believe in the supernatural without scientific evidence, which you or anyone else can not demonstrate.... exactly where is the faith?.... if you are retarded, then just say so...
Science, perhaps nature, a spontaneous start with many spontaneous beginnings, you can't prove it that is the bottom line

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,207,772
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 min Big D 201,809
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min Ali Baba 309,303
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 29,302
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 15 hr Lora_14 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mon Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web