Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177418 Sep 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No Dave I'm afraid irl that you wouldn't be able to shup.
So I would be forced to stuff a sock in your mouth and tie you up.
I would then get in trouble, possibly getting thrown in jail.
lol
Your gonna die, Aura. And you don't know when.

There are more than the religious preaching gloom and doom, but at least they preach a possible escape. Your group preaches "knowledge" is some sort of escape. It is to divert your from the reality of your physical existence WILL come to an end, and along with it, all of your thoughts and "living".

Blinders.

That "knowledge" won't do you a damn bit of good.

Look inside yourself for "knowledge".

Face your fears.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177419 Sep 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more than the religious preaching gloom and doom, but at least they preach a possible escape. Your group preaches "knowledge" is some sort of escape. It is to divert your from the reality of your physical existence WILL come to an end, and along with it, all of your thoughts and "living".
Blinders.
Face your fears.
Buy yourself a virtual uhaul to tote your stuff past the pearly gates. lol

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#177420 Sep 15, 2013
The atheists feel left out of getting fair time. They should worship their own way on their own day. The Devil is dancing with the prospect.
Mr payson Victor

Ashburn, VA

#177421 Sep 15, 2013
ARE YOU IN NEED OF LOAN SERVICES?
If so I put it to you that you are in the right place
were that
is done.
so if you are really in need of this service
offered by this company just enter the form below
and get it back to
us immediately.
LOAN APPLICATION FORM, BORROWER'S
INFORMATION
First Name:_________
Last Name:_________
Marital status:_________
Contact Address:_________
City/Zip code:_________
Nationality:_________
SEX:_________
Date of Birth:_________
Amount Needed as Loan:_________
Loan Duration:_________
Monthly Income/Yearly Income:_________
Purpose for Loan:_________
Phone:_________
Fax No:_________
Enter this form with current and correct data and
send
back to us through our company email as,
teresalawrence07@gmail.com
regard

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177422 Sep 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists.
They think it is great sport getting on here and telling theists they are stupid for believing in an afterlife, that they are weak and scared.
Whistling by the graveyard.
What a joke.
On them.
Those agonizing and terrifying final moments they will go through. Their tough guy consciousness will be the very first thing to go.
Oh, yeah, dying is just like going sheepy night night. Oh, here I go into my eternal sleep. It's been fun. I've done so much. If those theists only knew how easy it was.
For nothing.
You can wake up from nightmares.
Sheer shrieking terror no one but themselves will hear.
Momma Nature and evolution shuts your body off, then she shuts off your physical brain.
I'm not laughing at them.
Creationists with no proof of god, talking out of their a$$es have no self perception.

When you can prove your god -ie never. you'll look a lot less bitter and ignorant.

Location hidden

#177423 Sep 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists.

Those agonizing and terrifying final moments they will go through. Their tough guy consciousness will be the very first thing to go.
Oh, yeah, dying is just like going sheepy night night. Oh, here I go into my eternal sleep. It's been fun. I've done so much. If those theists only knew how easy it was.
Creationists love to try to scare atheists about death. But of course the irony is that they are afraid themselves which is why they have bought into the myth of religion and god.

So scared are they of their mortality that they would rather threaten people with an imaginary hell than admit that they are liars with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#177424 Sep 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more than the religious preaching gloom and doom, but at least they preach a possible escape.
Bollocks.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your group preaches "knowledge" is some sort of escape.
Bollocks, atheism is not a religion and doesnt preach.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is to divert your from the reality of your physical existence WILL come to an end, and along with it, all of your thoughts and "living".
Blinders.
Science sh*ts on your cults lies every single day of the week.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Face your fears.
Full of sh*t creationist clutching at straws to spread his hateful, proofless cult.

You may f*ck off now, your threats of hell have fallen flat once again.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#177425 Sep 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
An origin without a creator for starts. The list goes on, but this one in itself is enough.
Nope.

You have no idea what atheism is, do you?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#177426 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing but not valid..
Its not amusing unless you are senile or stupid. At it is perfectly accurate.

Superstitions (religious or otherwise) and ID/Creationism are certainly not mainstream.

Religion is declining in the face of education and science.

Religion = superstition

Location hidden

#177427 Sep 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You have no idea what atheism is, do you?
No he's just another ignorant creationist troll that starts off friendly and logical and descends into EW / Lincoln style creationist madness.

Creationists are not to be trusted.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#177428 Sep 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No he's just another ignorant creationist troll that starts off friendly and logical and descends into EW / Lincoln style creationist madness.
Creationists are not to be trusted.
It's not his fault. He was obviously taught that Teh GOD created the Universe. Teh GOD said, "POOF" and there it was. During the first Super Nova Teh GOD said, "Hey, what just happened to my star?"

Teh GOD said, "Oh yeah, I work in mysterious ways".

BOOM goes the next star and Teh GOD says, "See?"

Secretly Teh GOD calls a board meeting.

"Jesus, why the hell are all of my stars exploding?"

Jesus says, meekly, "I think it's the hydrogen, Father, I mean Me. We didn't factor in the fission".

Teh GOD says, "Fishin? You mean if I had just given Adam a fishin pole everything would be OK?"

Location hidden

#177429 Sep 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists love to try to scare atheists about death. But of course the irony is that they are afraid themselves which is why they have bought into the myth of religion and god.
So scared are they of their mortality that they would rather threaten people with an imaginary hell than admit that they are liars with no proof of god.
Idiot.

You get on here ranting and raving about no Creator, no redemption, and when you die you just cease to exist.

Wishful thinking on your part.

You can't prove any of those, not even to yourself.

Active denial to mask your fear.

People did not develop, and maintain since our earliest beginnings, a belief in the supernatural and maybe an afterlife, unless there was some evidence of it every generation. Your "knowledge" is nothing new. It is just your method of escapism. While in this manifestation.

Oh, no, Bubba, you are much more afraid of dying than most theists. This life is all you have. Much more precious to you, and you go to extraordinary lengths to deal with the loss of it. The spiritual frees you from the enslavement you have to this world that doesn't even make any sense when it is atheist.

You are gonna die. No more TV, no more internet, no more getting up in the morning. And it can be a very painful process. Your whole life in those final moments can become an extreme waste of time to you. What a way to go. Bon voyage.

I didn't read that in a book.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177430 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists.

They think it is great sport getting on here and telling theists they are stupid for believing in an afterlife, that they are weak and scared.

Whistling by the graveyard.

What a joke.

On them.

For nothing.

You can wake up from nightmares.

Sheer shrieking terror no one but themselves will hear.

Momma Nature and evolution shuts your body off, then she shuts off your physical brain.

I'm not laughing at them.
Who on here ever said that death would e enjoyable??? It will be and has been many different things to many different people always.... You are on an atheist forum that obviously has people who do not believe in an afterlife here because that's who the forum is for. What is your purpose here?

Location hidden

#177432 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot.

You get on here ranting and raving about no Creator, no redemption, and when you die you just cease to exist.

People did not develop, and maintain since our earliest beginnings, a belief in the supernatural and maybe an afterlife, unless there was some evidence of it every generation. Your "knowledge" is nothing new. It is just your method of escapism. While in this manifestation.

Oh, no, Bubba, you are much more afraid of dying than most theists. This life is all you have. Much more precious to you, and you go to extraordinary lengths to deal with the loss of it. The spiritual frees you from the enslavement you have to this world that doesn't even make any sense when it is atheist.

You are gonna die. No more TV, no more internet, no more getting up in the morning. And it can be a very painful process. Your whole life in those final moments can become an extreme waste of time to you. What a way to go. Bon voyage.

You are gonna die...you are gonna die...you are gonna die... Good grief... Aren't we all???? Wtf man. Get a freakin grip. How bout you enjoy your life a little more and you may actually have something writer to do than sit on the computer talking about death. Go see a Disney movie, or get a pet that has really fuzzy happy fur :-). It will make you feel better I promise.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#177433 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
If there were evidence of life after death found in every generation since the dawn of man, it would be an accepted, provable fact. It isn't - its a belief.

There has never been any proof of life after death.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177434 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not death. Why would you be afraid of me?
Your fear is your own mortality. When that final check out time comes. When any and all ties to this world will cease absolutely. No tomorrow to wake up to. No plans,dreams, or hopes. No worry about bills, appointments, progeny or anything.
ALL GONE. Totally evaporated as you make that very last conscious thought
Even if you go into that imagined eternal sleep, you won't know it when you get there. A lot of final thoughts. They won't be good. You evolved to survive to the bitter end. It won't be like going to sleep for the night.
The thing is "you" may still exist and will be homeless, lost, and alone.
Correct. When I die, I will simply not exist. Just like I didn't exist 100 years ago, I won't exist 100 years from now. There was no 'me' before and there will be no 'me' after, but during this short span of time, I exist.

I enjoy existing, but I do not fear non-existence.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177435 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more than the religious preaching gloom and doom, but at least they preach a possible escape.
Yes, they lie. They prey on your fear of non-existence.
Your group preaches "knowledge" is some sort of escape.
No, knolwedge is not some form of escape. There is no escape. You and I will die. A hundred years from now, we will not exist. Deal with it.

Knowledge is simply a good way to spend the time we have improving things for those who exist after us.
It is to divert your from the reality of your physical existence WILL come to an end, and along with it, all of your thoughts and "living".
Blinders.
Face your fears.
When I do not exist, knowledge will do me no good. But the knowledge I spread to others (by teaching, for example), may help those who exist in the future.

Looks to me like you have to face your own fears of non-existence.

Location hidden

#177436 Sep 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>If there were evidence of life after death found in every generation since the dawn of man, it would be an accepted, provable fact. It isn't - its a belief.

Ain't that tha freakin truth!

Location hidden

#177438 Sep 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were evidence of life after death found in every generation since the dawn of man, it would be an accepted, provable fact. It isn't - its a belief.
Then die and cross that bridge when you get to it.

In the meantime, let others believe what they want to.

You call them stupid, they can call you stupider.

Location hidden

#177439 Sep 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't an "atheist forum". It is a forum where there is a discussion about of atheism requires as much faith as religion.
You may believe there is no afterlife. Others do.
Why are you on here saying they are stupid and interfering with your life for believing there is? Why are you on here to reshape the vast majority of the world to your very limited and uninspirational view of existence?
I am here to point out what an obnoxious idiot you are.
Again, you try to avoid proving your god, instead proving that you're an idiot that doesn't understand atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min devilinabluedress 1,126,105
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Friv4games 306,257
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr black man1 1,521
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Roy the Boy 454
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Brew In 27,920
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 5 hr Local man 40
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) 12 hr Geoscientist 50

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE